BRN Discussion Ongoing

Here is an interesting paper from Sandia Labs published October, 2021 as it has importance to the future for spiking ubiquitous computing and at page 13 it basically pours very cold water all over the so called big guns in this space:

2.1. Neuromorphic platforms
Today’s neuromorphic systems, even those from industry, generally represent research-grade platforms still in development. Available systems range from targeting low-Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) and embedded applications [8] to large-scale, data-center-type systems [27]. Additionally, given the nascent state of these architectures, we see a wide variety of hardware-imposed trade-offs. For example, one system may prioritize neuron density, whereas another may prioritize network configurability. In Table 2-1, we outline some of the key statistics and metrics on several of today’s prominent large-scale platforms in addition to an Intel Core i7 CPU for reference. We remark that several of the entries are estimates due to a memory tradespace; for example, on some platforms using a highly connected neuron, which requires a large amount of synaptic memory, may lessen the total number of neurons available”

Even the fly knows when your on a good thing ‘stick to it’.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Reading some of the articles in the Saturday morning papers I am both a little alarmed and a little excited.
"More firepower on ADF shopping list"
"Faster path to Defence Force review"
"Prepare for warp speed in aid of the nations defence"

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

TECH

Regular
Please correct me here, but my view would have to be rather obvious to say the least.

If around 70% of MegaChips business comes from it's long-term relationship with Nintendo, well logic would say, at some point
in the near future Brainchips IP is/will be embedded in their future gaming products, and that market is rather small (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

I haven't found any information linking us as yet, but it will turn up or at least some big revenue streams will I'm sure.

Think I'll have to sharpen up on my Japanese !!

Tech.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

Proga

Regular
Tesla really needs akida, i believe ARM, Valeo Mercedes and a few others are truly planning a revolution with akida and it’s capabilities.

“Tesla’s major deployment of so-called Full Self-Driving (FSD) technology is one of the most dangerous and irresponsible actions by a car company in decades,” Nader said in a statement about the autonomous system on his website.
“Together we need to send an urgent message to the casualty-minded regulators that Americans must not be test dummies for a powerful, high-profile corporation and its celebrity CEO. No-one is above the laws of manslaughter.”

i believe ARM, Valeo Mercedes and a few others are truly planning a revolution with akida and it’s capabilities - Completely agree. I think the number of applications in the Mercedes Akida will be used for will surprise a lot of people.

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Boab

Reading some of the articles in the Saturday morning papers I am both a little alarmed and a little excited.
"More firepower on ADF shopping list"
"Faster path to Defence Force review"
"Prepare for warp speed in aid of the nations defence"
A little excited because Akida can be part of this spend.
A little alarmed not only by all the sabre rattling but also the amount of money being spent.
Our current interest bill per month on Gov debt is about $1,400,000,000 and expected to grow tho S2 billion in coming years.
Like the FED in the US are sometimes seen as the bad boys but they are not in charge of Gov spending/wasting.
My little rant for the morning.
Apart from that I am a happy chappy.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.

Listen from about 2:10
Jim Keller apparently is working on the most powerful processor ever that mimics the human brain and stat it will be much more revolutionary then the Internet. Words from Jordan P. I tend to listen to this bloke when he speaks.

Now what is this chip and how does it stack up to Akida? No matter what, it is more validation by industry veterans that we are on the right track!:)

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Violin1

Regular
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Boab

• Haha
A little excited because Akida can be part of this spend.
A little alarmed not only by all the sabre rattling but also the amount of money being spent.
Our current interest bill per month on Gov debt is about $1,400,000,000 and expected to grow tho S2 billion in coming years.
Like the FED in the US are sometimes seen as the bad boys but they are not in charge of Gov spending/wasting.
My little rant for the morning.
Apart from that I am a happy chappy.
I have a solution.

There are a 1,000 billion in a trillion.

The combined value of superannuation in Australia is about 3.5 trillion dollars.

At any one time about 30% of that 3.5 trillion dollars is invested offshore which is approximately one trillion dollars.

So we create a Government Bond with a face value equivalent to the debt and require every institutional and government superannuation fund to buy a portion of the bond based on their funds value.

The bond will pay a minimum return of 5 percent which will be tax free in the funds so that it will be the equivalent of about 6 percent gross.

Fund managers will not be permitted to charge any fees to members against the earnings of the fund adding another couple of percent to the value of the returns bringing it to about 8% gross.

The Bond will be for at least 50 years during which time inflation will work its magic and the payments made by the Government to service the bond will remain in the hands of and enrich the Australian people.

The total value of the Australian Government debt at 30.6.22 was about $963 billion dollars.

Over the last 29 years the gross average return of superannuation growth funds has been about 8.2%.

It is a plan called nation building. Vote 1 Fact Finder for dictator.

😎
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Boab

I have a solution.

There are a 1,000 billion in a trillion.

The combined value of superannuation in Australia is about 3.5 trillion dollars.

At any one time about 30% of that 3.5 trillion dollars is invested offshore which is approximately one trillion dollars.

So we create a Government Bond with a face value equivalent to the debt and require every institutional and government superannuation fund to buy a portion of the bond based on their funds value.

The bond will pay a minimum return of 5 percent which will be tax free in the funds so that it will be the equivalent of about 6 percent gross.

Fund managers will not be permitted to charge any fees to members against the earnings of the fund adding another couple of percent to the value of the returns bringing it to about 8% gross.

The Bond will be for at least 50 years during which time inflation will work its magic and the payments made by the Government to service the bond will remain in the hands of and enrich the Australian people.

The total value of the Australian Government debt at 30.6.22 was about $963 billion dollars.

Over the last 29 years the gross average return of superannuation growth funds has been about 8.2%.

It is a plan called nation building. Vote 1 Fact Finder for dictator.

😎
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Agree.
Look out for those countries that insisted on government pension funds investing in government bonds at zero % interest rate.
Oh dear, pension crisis alert.

• Wow
  • Fire
Spewtumeds?
Congratulations I was pretty sure unless someone had AKIDA that they would never work out my last name from the ‘clues’ but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine someone could be so wide of the mark.😂🤣😂

You deserve a prize but you will probably have to make do with a beverage of choice at next years AGM.😎

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

VictorG

Listen from about 2:10
Jim Keller apparently is working on the most powerful processor ever that mimics the human brain and stat it will be much more revolutionary then the Internet. Words from Jordan P. I tend to listen to this bloke when he speaks.

Now what is this chip and how does it stack up to Akida? No matter what, it is more validation by industry veterans that we are on the right track!:)

I noticed this a little while back. Keller joined a start up called Tenstorrent.

I noticed they partner with a few of BRN partners but I couldn't find much about their tech.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Unfortunately my prediction about the poopy market came true.
4757D7BD-4B1E-4D04-AC8F-571A4ECF1892.png

Reactions: 2 users
in that being said we can buy brn for cheaper unless announcement, my opinion dyor

Reactions: 2 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Hi FF,

With such clues, the 1000 eyes will try to guess your surname. 😁😁😁

Learning.
Just look at the top 20 holders! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Well I have finally discovered the fundamental starting point for NASA’s interest in QUANTUM ANNEALING. I had not been going back far enough but here it is in 2012:

A Near-Term Quantum Computing Approach for Hard Computational Problems in Space Exploration
Vadim N. Smelyanskiy,∗ Eleanor G. Rieffel, and Sergey I. Knysh NASA Ames Research Center, Mail Stop 269-3, Moffett Field, CA 94035
Colin P. Williams
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology,Pasadena, CA 91109-8099
Mark W. Johnson, Murray C. Thom, William G. Macready
D-Wave Systems Inc., 100-4401 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5C 6G9
Kristen L. Pudenz†
Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering,
Center for Quantum Information Science and Technology, and Information Sciences Institute,
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Abstract
The future of Space Exploration is entwined with the future of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. Autonomous rovers, unmanned spacecraft, and remote space habitats must all make intelligent decisions with little or no human guidance. The decision-making required of such NASA assets stretches machine intelligence to its limits. Currently, AI problems are tackled using a variety of heuristic approaches, and practitioners are constantly trying to find new and better techniques. To achieve a radical breakthrough in AI, radical new approaches are needed. Quantum computing is one such approach.
Many of the hard combinatorial problems in space exploration are instances of NP-complete or NP-hard problems. Neither traditional computers nor quantum computers are expected to be able to solve all instances of such problems efficiently. Many heuristic algorithms, such as simulated annealing, support vector machines, and SAT solvers, have been developed to solve or approximate solutions to practical instances of these problems. The efficacy of these approaches is generally determined by running them on benchmark sets of problem instances. Such empirical testing for quantum algorithms requires the availability of quantum hardware.
Quantum annealing machines, analog quantum computational devices, are designed to solve dis- crete combinatorial optimization problems using properties of quantum adiabatic evolution. We are now on the cusp of being able to run small-scale examples of these problems on actual quantum annealing hardware which will enable us to test empirically the performance of quantum annealing on these problems. For example, D-Wave builds quantum annealing machines based on supercon- ducting qubits. While at present noise and decoherence in quantum annealing devices cannot be easily controlled or corrected, these devices have been shown to display multi-spin tunneling, a distinct quantum phenomenon at the root of the quantum annealing process. In order to attack an optimization problem on these machines, the problem must be formulated in quadratic uncon- strained binary optimization form in which the cost function is strictly quadratic in bit assignments (in physics applications this form is often referred to as an Ising model). The above limitation is not fundamental: all NP-complete problems can be mapped to this form. However, an optimal mapping involving small or no overhead in terms of additional bits is of significant practical interest because of the limited size of early quantum annealing machines.
In this article, we discuss a sampling of the hardest artificial intelligence problems in space explo- ration in the context in which they emerge. We show how to map them onto equivalent Ising models

that then can be attacked using quantum annealing. We review existing quantum annealing results on supervised learning algorithms for classification and clustering and discuss their application to planetary feature identification and satellite image analysis. We present quantum annealing algo- rithms for unsupervised learning for clustering and discuss its application to anomaly detection in space systems. We introduce quantum annealing algorithms for data fusion and image matching for remote sensing applications. We overview planning problems for space exploration missions applica- tions and introduce algorithms for planning problems using quantum annealing of Ising models. We describe algorithms for diagnostics and recovery as well as their applications to NASA deep space missions and show how a fault tree analysis problem can be mapped onto an Ising model and solved with quantum annealing. We discuss combinatorial optimization algorithms for task assignment in the context of autonomous unmanned exploration that take into account constraints due to physical limitations of the vehicles. We show how these algorithms can be presented in the framework of Ising model optimization with application to quantum annealing. Finally, we discuss ways to circumvent the need to map practical optimization problems onto the Ising model. We demonstrate how this can be done in principle using a “blackbox" approach based on ideas from probabilistic computing. In particular, we provide initial results on Monte Carlo sampling for solving non-Ising problems.
In this article, we describe the architecture, duty cycle times and energy consumption of the D- Wave One quantum annealing machine. We report on benchmark scalability studies of D-Wave One run times and compare to state of the art classical algorithms for solving Ising optimization problems on a uniform random ensemble of problems. Results on problems in the range of up to 96 qubits show improved scaling for median core quantum annealing time compared with simulated annealing and iterative tabu search, though how it will scale as the number of qubits increases remains an open question. We also review existing results of D-Wave One benchmarking studies for solving binary classification problems with a quantum boosting algorithm. The error rates on synthetic data sets show that quantum boosting algorithm consistently outperforms the AdaBoost classical machine learning algorithm. We review quantum algorithms for structured learning for multi-label classification and describe how the problem of finding an optimal labeling can be mapped onto quantum annealing with Ising models, and then introduce a hybrid classical/quantum approach for learning the weights. We review results of D-Wave One benchmarking studies for learning structured labels on four different data sets. The first data set is Scene, a standard image benchmark set. The second data set, the RCV1 subset of the Reuters corpus of labeled news stories, has a significantly larger number of labels, and more complex relationships between the labels. The other two are synthetic data sets generated using MAX-3 SAT problem instances. On all four data sets, quantum annealing was compared with an independent Support Vector Machine (SVM) approach with linear kernel and exhibited a better performance”

So now we have the why?

We have the yes SNN can process with Quantum Annealing algorithms.

We have NASA experimenting with SNN and Quantum Annealing in 2021.

We have random statements from Professor Iliadis at the Democratis University of Thrace and Rob Telson that AKIDA is being used for autonomous space flight.

Who will find the final piece of this puzzle???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Just imagine how a system that can autonomously navigate in space unconnected without satellite navigation or any form of geolocation could revolutionise autonomous vehicle/robots of every description in the air, on land, under land, on and under the sea.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 25 users

VictorG

• Sad

Fox151

Regular
At work, our approach has always been “give the client a reason to buy from us” “make it simple and solve their problem”

We all know the benefits of Akida, and have detailed comparatively our position against conventional AI and what else may be in the works from our competitors. With this in mind you have to ask the question - if you were a company, emerging or established and were looking to develop new or push forward existing AI in your products why would you even consider anything else….

Feels to me like we are sitting on the catapult, just waiting for the launch string to be pulled.
A ballista even?

• Love
  • Haha
It was all going well into the weekend until Powell opened his mouth and warned that the US is heading towards financial armageddon.
His comments were predictable given the Fed is trying to suppress inflation and dampen demand and the White House and Congress are pumping billions into the economy to inflate a technology sector that is swimming in gold and eating caviar from platinum spoons. The big players who control the markets knew this and were waiting at the mouth of the estuary to pounce on those who are addicted to panic. The shares on the BRN bus go up and down, up and down, all through the town.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

VictorG

His comments were predictable given the Fed is trying to suppress inflation and dampen demand and the White House and Congress are pumping billions into the economy to inflate a technology sector that is swimming in gold and eating caviar from platinum spoons. The big players who control the markets knew this and were waiting at the mouth of the estuary to pounce on those who are addicted to panic. The shares on the BRN bus go up and down, up and down, all through the town.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'm not concerned one bit but I am surprised at the US market reaction to Powell's comments because US inflation was a known fact for a few months.

In the medium to long term it will play out in BRN's favour. As the economies around the world including USA emerge from recessions, I believe governments, large corps and new companies will embrace future proofed tech, aka AKIDA rather than reinvest in legacy technology.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Top Bottom