BRN Discussion Ongoing

clip

Regular
Have a look at the new Fujifilm flagship and its new subject recognition and tracking AF deep learning abilities. Of course in offline mode. Sounds like one shot learning, could this be the missing link to MegaChips? As it is known that MegaChips does product development for one of the big Japanese cameramakers, it's not too far away.

This review is in German only, sorry. Here's the part in English which takes attention:

But what's really new about autofocus is precise object-oriented scene recognition. The algorithm was developed using deep learning technology and recognizes and tracks faces and eyes, but also animals, birds, cars, motorcycles and other subjects such as ships. We tested this in portrait shooting and with city pigeons - both worked perfectly. The camera recognized and tracked the subjects unerringly and without difficulty.

Just to complete it, the manual of the camera:

Furthermore, while watching the dpreview on youtube, the part of 'touch tracking' on 9:12 made me curious:

Sony's camcorder Fx9 for example has this capability:

Reactions: 3 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Ouch at the US markets overnight!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

robsmark

Regular
Ouch at the US markets overnight!
Very nasty. they’ve been up all week though to be fair and we’ve still dumped almost daily. We are clearly in a downtrend at the minute and will have to ride it out. Shorts will get their fill.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
S

Straw

Very nasty. they’ve been up all week though to be fair and we’ve still dumped almost daily. We are clearly in a downtrend at the minute and will have to ride it out. Shorts will get their fill.
re shorters in general: Not happy Jan! (which I've just discovered comes from a yellow pages ad)

As for short term trends and our snorters...... meh. Let them climb into the crayfish pot.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Tesla really needs akida, i believe ARM, Valeo Mercedes and a few others are truly planning a revolution with akida and it’s capabilities.

“Tesla’s major deployment of so-called Full Self-Driving (FSD) technology is one of the most dangerous and irresponsible actions by a car company in decades,” Nader said in a statement about the autonomous system on his website.
“Together we need to send an urgent message to the casualty-minded regulators that Americans must not be test dummies for a powerful, high-profile corporation and its celebrity CEO. No-one is above the laws of manslaughter.”

My grumpy old man theory on Tesla compared with legacy car makers.

When I was a boy everyone expected that when you went to the shop and bought something/anything and took it home it would work. It would last and its useable life could be extended almost indefinitely by being repaired using easily obtained replacement parts from the maker.

Then overtime manufacturers were sold the idea they could sell more if they built in obsolescence and reduced availability of spare parts forcing consumers to replace products thereby creating further demand.

The legacy automobile makers followed this model as well.

What did not change however was that the product would work. If it did not work you took it back and they gave you a new one because it was agreed between manufacturer, retailer and customer that this was a bottom line products were not to be sold if all the development and design work had not been completed.

Automobile manufacturers understood this pact well and built private test tracks and vehicles were not sold to the public until they worked. Mercedes, Ford, GMH, VW did not release vehicles to the public until to their belief they were finished and fit for purpose.

Enter the technology age and the idea that technology makers did not have to abide by this pact with retail and consumers. Products were released before the development and testing was complete on the basis that they could simply issue a fix or work around and the idea of using the consumer as the test bed was born.

This approach to manufacturing gained momentum with the availability of the internet and mobile phone and computer manufacturers the tech industry fell in love with the idea of releasing products with flaws and fixing them over the internet if consumers discovered them in their new role as the test bed.

Enter Tesla. It has been said many times that the success of Tesla has been that it has come to automotive from the technology sector unhampered by the old ideas of legacy automotive makers.

One of those technology ideas however was/is that the consumer can be the test driver and as a result you can bring vehicles to market just like mobile phones with faults and work it out later if the consumer picks up the problem.

The problem with this is a faulty phone probably will not kill the consumer but a faulty vehicle is lethal.

Legacy vehicle manufacturers however have decades of culture built up around the concept of vehicle safety and crash testing and not knowingly bringing vehicles to market before development has been completed and expecting consumers to act as test drivers.

As a grumpy old man I personally see Elon Musk as a petulant little boy spoilt by his over indulgent mother who does what he wants and if others get hurt because he does not want to play by the same rules as everyone else well that’s what has to happen.

Elon Musk is the ultimate creative writing project. I am sure the other grumpy old men here will remember when schools decided that teaching spelling and grammar suppressed/repressed creativity and children should just be encouraged to write without these barriers to there creativity. That did not end well as we know.

Mercedes Benz, Ford, GMH, Toyota and VW are not creative writing experiments and as such now that they are completing and releasing EV’s that work as consumers expect they will dominate.

Grumpy old men like me and there are a lot of us have no desire to be Tesla’s crash test dummies and expect that premium car makers will supply vehicles that are finished ready to go and in legalese that are “fit for purpose”.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users

Violin1

Regular

When I was a boy everyone expected that when you went to the shop and bought something/anything and took it home it would work. It would last and its useable life could be extended almost indefinitely by being repaired using easily obtained replacement parts from the maker.

Then overtime manufacturers were sold the idea they could sell more if they built in obsolescence and reduced availability of spare parts forcing consumers to replace products thereby creating further demand.

What did not change however was that the product would work. If it did not work you took it back and they gave you a new one because it was agreed between manufacturer, retailer and customer that this was a bottom line products were not to be sold if all the development and design work had not been completed.

Automobile manufacturers understood this pact well and built private test tracks and vehicles were not sold to the public until they worked. Mercedes, Ford, GMH, VW did not release vehicles to the public until to their belief they were finished and fit for purpose.

Enter the technology age and the idea that technology makers did not have to abide by this pact with retail and consumers. Products were released before the development and testing was complete on the basis that they could simply issue a fix or work around and the idea of using the consumer as the test bed was born.

This approach to manufacturing gained momentum with the availability of the internet and mobile phone and computer manufacturers the tech industry fell in love with the idea of releasing products with flaws and fixing them over the internet if consumers discovered them in their new role as the test bed.

Enter Tesla. It has been said many times that the success of Tesla has been that it has come to automotive from the technology sector unhampered by the old ideas of legacy automotive makers.

One of those technology ideas however was/is that the consumer can be the test driver and as a result you can bring vehicles to market just like mobile phones with faults and work it out later if the consumer picks up the problem.

The problem with this is a faulty phone probably will not kill the consumer but a faulty vehicle is lethal.

Legacy vehicle manufacturers however have decades of culture built up around the concept of vehicle safety and crash testing and not knowingly bringing vehicles to market before development has been completed and expecting consumers to act as test drivers.

As a grumpy old man I personally see Elon Musk as a petulant little boy spoilt by his over indulgent mother who does what he wants and if others get hurt because he does not want to play by the same rules as everyone else well that’s what has to happen.

Elon Musk is the ultimate creative writing project. I am sure the other grumpy old men here will remember when schools decided that teaching spelling and grammar suppressed/repressed creativity and children should just be encouraged to write without these barriers to there creativity. That did not end well as we know.

Mercedes Benz, Ford, GMH, Toyota and VW are not creative writing experiments and as such now that they are completing and releasing EV’s that work as consumers expect they will dominate.

Grumpy old men like me and there are a lot of us have no desire to be Tesla’s crash test dummies and expect that premium car makers will supply vehicles that are finished ready to go and in legalese that are “fit for purpose”.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Grumpy old Violin says, in respect to your comment about spelling and grammar being optional......"don't even get me started on newborns' names and the way they are spelt" lol.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Grumpy old Violin says, in respect to your comment about spelling and grammar being optional......"don't even get me started on newborns' names and the way they are spelt" lol.

Musk features again in this respect

Elon Musk and Grimes raised plenty of eyebrows when they named their first child together X Æ A-Xii (known as ‘X’). They more recently went on to name their daughter Exa Dark Sideræl (known as ‘Y’). Grimes told Vanity Fair that the name Exa refers to the supercomputing term exaFLOPS, or the ability to perform 1 quintillion floating-point operations a second

What a munter

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21 users
Musk features again in this respect

Elon Musk and Grimes raised plenty of eyebrows when they named their first child together X Æ A-Xii (known as ‘X’). They more recently went on to name their daughter Exa Dark Sideræl (known as ‘Y’). Grimes told Vanity Fair that the name Exa refers to the supercomputing term exaFLOPS, or the ability to perform 1 quintillion floating-point operations a second

What a munter
I have a last name which can be spelt and heard multiple ways despite it being a very mainstream conservative Anglo surname.

I have often wished that I had been blessed with a last name like ‘Jones’ or ‘Chan’.

I have lost years of my life correcting people with ‘no it’s a ‘u’ not an ‘o’ and there is a ‘d’ after ‘e’ and there is an ‘s’ on the end.’

😂🤣😂😵‍💫

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF, love the way you're thinking here.

This is my opinion only so could be way off the mark but I think the old saying that the younger generations generally wants things here and now could very well fit into the points you've raised.

For any advanced technology to come to fruition takes time and as you're saying accuracy and therefore safety plays a major part. These days I feel with all this exciting technology happening, people's excitement also grows but their levels of patience declines because they want all this exciting stuff now.

With Tesla trying to do things a few years ahead of what the companies such as Mercedes will be doing in say 2024/25, falls in line with how the general public are wanting the here and now. Maybe Elon Musk is intentionally taking advantage of the way people think here, and as you were saying that safety and accuracy therefore takes a back seat knowing fully well he can get away with it.

However, his time will come ie.2024/25 when Akida has entered the arena!

• Love
I completely agree @Fullmoonfever—AI, the edge, and even neuromorphic computing proliferate all those trends.

And I learnt a new concept “QuantumAI“. That sounds real interesting. Yay I have a new concept to understand and in which to look for companies doing bleeding edge research. I expect Archer Materials may be one such company; the CEO Mohammad Choucair is a very clever fella, and runs a highly progressive company. Not to mention they already have a quantum chip!

It’s a pity that a trading scam using the name already exists.

I do like QuAIL though—Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab—and the idea of using quantum computing to assist machine learning. I expect that might be the extent of it.

Will there ever be a CNN or even a SNN of quantum processors. In a way, that is sort-of how quantum computing works—every conceivable answer to a problem is computed in parallel and then a voting or weighting system declares the most appropriate answer. You are not guaranteed to get the same answer each time, but the answer you do get will still be correct!

And we all thought WANCAs were having a hard time understanding Akida.
I am going to do a Tech and throw out a clue ‘Spiking Neural Networks and Quantum Annealing’ with NASA.

This could be a ‘black hole’ or the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’.

No opinion yet still DMOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
I have a last name which can be spelt and heard multiple ways despite it being a very mainstream conservative Anglo surname.

I have often wished that I had been blessed with a last name like ‘Jones’ or ‘Chan’.

I have lost years of my life correcting people with ‘no it’s a ‘u’ not an ‘o’ and there is a ‘d’ after ‘e’ and there is an ‘s’ on the end.’

😂🤣😂😵‍💫

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF,

With such clues, the 1000 eyes will try to guess your surname. 😁😁😁

Learning.

• Haha
FF, love the way you're thinking here.

This is my opinion only so could be way off the mark but I think the old saying that the younger generations generally wants things here and now could very well fit into the points you've raised.

For any advanced technology to come to fruition takes time and as you're saying accuracy and therefore safety plays a major part. These days I feel with all this exciting technology happening, people's excitement also grows but their levels of patience declines because they want all this exciting stuff now.

With Tesla trying to do things a few years ahead of what the companies such as Mercedes will be doing in say 2024/25, falls in line with how the general public are wanting the here and now. Maybe Elon Musk is intentionally taking advantage of the way people think here, and as you were saying that safety and accuracy therefore takes a back seat knowing fully well he can get away with it.

However, his time will come ie.2024/25 when Akida has entered the arena!
Yes and if you apply this theory to the development of AKIDA you will find that what we have with Brainchip runs contrary to the current technology development paradigm.

Peter van der Made, Anil Mankar and Robert Mitro understood that this AKIDA technology was a paradigm shift.

Together with Mr. Dinardo they discovered that to bring the market to them they had to prove beyond doubt it was real and it worked. To do this they had to actually manufacture it in a chip and the chip had to work perfectly first time every time. The industry standard of accepting imperfections was not an option. THEY WERE CREATING A NEW INDUSTRY that was going to completely upend the big data centric technology world.

This of course flies in the face of how the tech industry lives and breaths and so taking the time they did to get it completely right the first time was so unfamiliar to the rest of the tech world it transpired that the very care they were taking became a matter for suspicion and criticism.

The funny thing is that the old technophobes like myself appreciated and understood this approach and the young tech savvy were disillusioned.

To think that my old fashioned out of date views are going to triumph in the technology space and probably make me very wealthy is really quite bizarre.

Now before the young visionaries who have been part of this journey become upset with me I know you are here but I am generalising based on years of reading these threads and watching all the shareholders on their walking sticks and frames with there carers shuffling into the AGM’s.😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 40 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Suppose you could also train it detect drunken husband who lost his keys..

• Haha
  • Love
At work, our approach has always been “give the client a reason to buy from us” “make it simple and solve their problem”

We all know the benefits of Akida, and have detailed comparatively our position against conventional AI and what else may be in the works from our competitors. With this in mind you have to ask the question - if you were a company, emerging or established and were looking to develop new or push forward existing AI in your products why would you even consider anything else….

Feels to me like we are sitting on the catapult, just waiting for the launch string to be pulled.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Fire
I know NASA were interested last year and the Chinese claim it can work. Spikes rule:

Spiking neural network dynamic system modeling for computation of quantum annealing and its convergence analysis.​

• Source: Quantum Information Processing . Feb2021, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p1-16. 16p.
  • Author(s): Zhao, Chenhui; Huang, Zenan; Guo, Donghui
  • Abstract: Quantum annealing algorithm is a classical natural computing method for skeuomorphs, and its algorithm design and application research have achieved fruitful results, so it is widely integrated into the research of modern intelligent optimization algorithm. This paper attempts to use the spiking neural network (SNN) dynamic system model to simulate the operation mechanism and convergence of the quantum annealing algorithm, and compares the process of searching the optimal solution to the elastic motion in the quantum tunneling field, and the change of function value during the operation of the algorithm is the simple harmonic vibration or damped vibration of quantum. Spiking neural network dynamic system model simulates the human brain by incorporating synaptic state and time components into their operational models, which represents the process of quantum fluctuations. The local convergence in the early stage and the global convergence in the late stage of the algorithm are proved by using the qualitative theory of ordinary differential equations to solve and analyze the dynamic system model, and a reasonable theoretical explanation is given for its operation mechanism. Several typical test problems are selected for experimental verification. The experimental results show that the numerical convergence curve is consistent with the convergence conclusion of theoretical analysis. Finally, both theoretical and experimental analyses show that the SNN dynamic system model established in this paper is suitable to describe the quantum annealing algorithm for optimization.
  • Copyright of Quantum Information Processing is the property of Springer Nature and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder's express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use. This abstract may be abridged. No warranty is given about the accuracy of the copy. Users should refer to the original published version of the material for the full abstract.
For access to this entire article and additional high quality information, please check with your college/university library, local public library, or affiliated institution.
eis-logo.png

Important User Information: Remote access to EBSCO's databases is permitted to patrons of subscribing institutions accessing from remote locations for personal, non-commercial use. However, remote access to EBSCO's databases from non-subscribing institutions is not allowed if the purpose of the use is for commercial gain through cost reduction or avoidance for a non-subscribing institution.

Reactions: 16 users

Proga

Regular

Below is a couple of snippets

Chipmaking’s Next Big Thing Guzzles as Much Power as Entire Countries​

The machines needed to make the world’s most advanced semiconductors are miracles of modern engineering. Known as extreme ultraviolet lithography systems, or EUVs, they bathe silicon wafers with waves of light invisible to the human eye, burning patterns into materials on the wafer’s surface that need to be exact within a few nanometers. To create the specialized light, EUVs vaporize molten tin with lasers, then use mirrors to focus the radiance into thinner wavelengths. Only one company in the world— ASML Holding NV of the Netherlands—makes the bus-size devices, which cost more than $150 million and consist of 100,000 separate components.

EUVs are also a prime illustration of how the push to make semiconductors that are smaller, more capable, and more energy-efficient is leading to manufacturing processes that are more complicated and energy-intensive. Each machine is rated to consume about 1 megawatt of electricity, about 10 times more than previous generations of equipment. With no alternative available to make the most advanced kinds of semiconductors, the chip industry is a potentially significant stumbling block to the drive to reduce global carbon emissions.

No one has purchased more EUVs than Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., the world’s largest supplier of outsourced chips. It currently has more than 80 and is in the midst of installing a new generation of the machines as part of a $20 billion chip foundry in Tainan, a city in southern Taiwan. Because of the vast amount of power needed to run EUVs, TSMC is expected to soon consume more energy than the entire 21 million-person population of Sri Lanka. In 2020 the company accounted for about 6% of Taiwan’s overall energy consumption. It’s expected to use 12.5% of it by 2025.

Around the globe, governments that profess a desire to lower carbon emissions are also eager to build domestic semiconductor manufacturing capacity to defend against supply chain shocks and geopolitical disruptions. The US recently passed a $52 billion plan to bring chip production capacities onshore, and the European Chips Act encompasses $49 billion in investments to revive the industry within the European Union. Environmental impact doesn’t seem to have been an important consideration in either jurisdiction. “Although there are conditions to be met for companies to obtain funds, none of these acts have yet to specify climate-related targets,” says David Kang, head of Japan and South Korea research at BloombergNEF.

ASML is experiencing unprecedented demand. Bloomberg Intelligence senior analyst Masahiro Wakasugi predicts the company could see more than a 30% increase in annual sales in 2023, to about $26 billion, despite pressure from the US to stop providing to China even the equipment to make less advanced chips. Chief Financial Officer Roger Dassen said in April that ASML is investigating the possibility of increasing shipments to 90 of its EUVs in 2025, from an original target of 70 units.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

HarryCool1

Regular

😂🤣😂😵‍💫

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
We have our WORDLE challenge for the day peeps!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom