BRN Discussion Ongoing

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Discussions on BRN making announcements has been a bit dissapointing.

Two reasons:

1. It highlights how some people think shouting at the TV will cause change despite the continuing evidence that nothing happens the louder you scream. Common sense dictates that a letter to the TV station or regulator has some chance of causing change and that so too might sending an email to Brainchip Investor Relations setting out concerns and outlining what type of information shareholders would like to see in the 4C. Then again why not just sit there screaming at the computer screen hoping against all the evidence that it will effect change.

2. Basing an argument about the inadequacies of an ASX listed company (Brainchip) not making announcements on the fact that a private unlisted company (Nviso) which is seeking to raise capital and eventually list on the ASX and is trying to pump interest in its company to a frenzy before it is regulated and can only tell the absolute truth as determined by the ASX is just plain stupid.

Apples and oranges have more in common than Brainchip and Nviso where the ability to make announcements is concerned.

In fact if they thought to analysis the releases by Nviso they would know that Nviso would not have been allowed to release the majority of the things they have if they were a listed on the ASX.

Just by way of example the claims by Nviso they have signed two deals with OEM Tier 1 & 2 automotive companies would not be permitted unless they disclosed full details of the contracts and the names of the two companies. The Panasonic deal would have to be fully disclosed as to the terms of the deal and the dollars and cents that will flow as would the Siemens Health engagement.

Holding Brainchip to the standards of Nviso is just incorrect.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Howdy Team,

Have I missed anything? I suppose I better put my rubber gloves on and get back to work finding some more wet spots!

ami-fat-cat-fgcat.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users
Reactions: 7 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Howdy Team,

Have I missed anything? I suppose I better put my rubber gloves on and get back to work finding some more wet spots!

View attachment 14646
Nothing new uet....back to digging at the
Blue Sky Mine. Gotta feed the family somehow 😉

Reactions: 7 users
Reactions: 8 users
It uses their DRP AI solution, so not us me thinks..
Yeah understand DRP and unlikely us however I'm wondering if our IP potentially being utilised within the DRP in some use cases?

A statement from Chittipeddi at the time.

At the very low end, we have added an ARM M33 MCU and spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.”

Whether software refers only to what needed to run Akida core / nodes or if IP is something that can be utilised within the DRP?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Yeah understand DRP and unlikely us however I'm wondering if our IP potentially being utilised within the DRP in some use cases?

At the very low end, we have added an ARM M33 MCU and spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.”

Whether software refers only to what needed to run Akida core / nodes or if IP is something that can be utilised within the DRP?
My thoughts are that the DRP AI solution is why Renesas is not going to be marketing Akida as hard as they could.

Akida is competition for their home grown product. They’ll be happy to use Akida where it gives them the edge where there product doesn’t work, but their profit margins are going to be greater using their own IP.

I still think we are in the sensor released recently as discussed in the Renesas thread. “Watch the financials.”

:)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Foxdog

Regular
Nothing new uet....back to digging at the
Blue Sky Mine. Gotta feed the family somehow 😉
What? The Blue Sky Mining Company IS coming to the rescue? 😆

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Me again,

Inspector Bravo reporting for dot-joining duty!

Something I'm currently perusing is this recent announcement from AEye Inc who are teaming up with Booz Allen Hamilton to drive the adoption of AEye’s technology for aerospace and defense applications/DOD requirements. They are talking about applications "that must be able to see, classify, and respond to an object in real-time, at high speeds, and long distances". They mention technology like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and edge computing as well as embedded sensors that are capable of long-range detection, exceeding one kilometer, are flexible enough to track a bullet at 25,000 frames per second, and can either cue off of other sensors or self-cue, subsequently adapting to place high-density regions of interest around targets". The new long range LiDAR technology looks particularly interesting.

I looked at AEye's website and can see that they're working with NVDIA and with the NVDIA DRIVE autonomous vehicle platform (circled below). It also says "selected by Continental, one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers, as their high-performance sensor with volume production starting in 2024".

If you check out this other article linked below it talks about AEye's CTO who is Luis Dussan "previously a leading technologist at Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman responsible for designing mission-critical targeting systems for fighter jets. Dussan realized that a self-driving car faces a similar challenge; it must be able to see, classify, and respond to an object—whether it’s a parked car or a child crossing the street—in real-time and before it’s too late. He helped build the AEye team of scientists and electro-optics engineers from NASA, Lockheed, Northrop, the U.S. Air Force, and DARPA to create a high-performance sensing and perception system to ensure the highest levels of safety for autonomous driving".

Suffice to say, there is a lot of interesting information here which might indicate the use of neuromorphic sensors but I'll need to keep digging to see if I hit either an almighty, tsunami-like water spout or else a dried up ancient burial ground with skeletons piled up in the corner and not a drop of moisture to be found for love or money. Obviously I'm hoping it will be the former option but I'll keep you posted.

B x

AEye joins hands with Booz Allen to advance Lidar in Aerospace and Defense​

By
News Desk
-
08/19/2022 2 Minutes Read

AEye, Inc, a global leader in adaptive, high-performance lidar solutions, today announced a partnership with Booz Allen Hamilton, one of the Department of Defense’s premier digital system integrators and a leader in data-driven artificial intelligence, to productize and drive the adoption of AEye’s technology for aerospace and defense (A&D) applications.
With the accelerated activity in these markets, the company also announced the opening of an office in Florida’s “Space Coast” region, and the hiring of veteran defense systems engineering leader Steve Frey, a Lockheed Martin and L3Harris Technologies alum, as its vice president of business development for A&D.
AEye and Booz Allen Collaborate on AI-Driven Defense Solutions
“Aerospace and defense applications must be able to see, classify, and respond to an object in real-time, at high speeds, and long distances. AEye’s 4Sight™ software-definable lidar system, with its adaptive sensor-based operating system, uniquely meets these challenging demands,” said Blair LaCorte, CEO of AEye. “We are collaborating with Booz Allen Hamilton to optimize its real-time embedded processor perception stack. This aligns with Booz Allen’s digital battlespace vision for an information-driven, fully integrated conflict space extending across all warfighting domains, enabled by technology like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and edge computing to realize information superiority and achieve overmatch.”
Booz Allen has developed a client toolkit for assessing the performance of machine learning and artificial intelligence, fusing data from multiple sensors – including lidar, camera, and radar – and virtualizing perception data for optimized mapping onto embedded processors to fully support situational awareness for the military. This toolkit accelerates AEye’s 4Sight Intelligent Sensing Platform time-to-market in the Aerospace & Defense markets.
“Information warfare will drive tomorrow’s battles, and wars will be won by those who maintain superior situational awareness provided by critical technologies like AI and ML,” said Dr. Randy M. Yamada, Booz Allen vice president and a leader in the firm’s defense solutions portfolio. “Given this, AI must not be an afterthought, but rather a solution that can keep up with the challenging demands of DOD requirements. Booz Allen will enable AEye’s adaptive, software-defined architecture that greatly expands the utility of AI and ML for defense applications, which we believe will be a game-changer.”
AEye’s 4Sight sensors are capable of long-range detection, exceeding one kilometer, are flexible enough to track a bullet at 25,000 frames per second, and can either cue off of other sensors or self-cue, subsequently adapting to place high-density regions of interest around targets. These capabilities, enabled by 4Sight’s in-sensor perception, greatly expand the utility of AI and ML for defense applications and, ultimately, save lives.
Beyond defense, there are many types of applications that require a real-time transformation of raw data into actionable information. As such, AEye plans to leverage the perception stack advancements being developed in conjunction with Booz Allen into various edge computing environments with its automotive and industrial customer base.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 3.24.28 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 2.56.35 pm.png

1 pm.png

2 pm.png
3 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users
My thoughts are that the DRP AI solution is why Renesas is not going to be marketing Akida as hard as they could.

Akida is competition for their home grown product. They’ll be happy to use Akida where it gives them the edge where there product doesn’t work, but their profit margins are going to be greater using their own IP.

I still think we are in the sensor released recently as discussed in the Renesas thread. “Watch the financials.”

:)
Something else I was wondering and only did a quick skim and find plenty research paper / academic info but no direct COTS product info....pretty sure there must be someone using same.

Does anyone know of many Feed Forward NN as we know Akida is Feed Forward and from that same article with Chittipeddi a snip below around their DRP-AI.

He was speaking of their move to 2 areas being the general purpose MPU and AI below being feed forward.

Just reducing any chance we've been tested / coupled to the DRP.

"The other side is the embedded AI with DRP dynamically reconfigurable processor for vision solutions. That’s a feedforward neural network rather than a convolutional neural network (CNN), and it offers reasonable 0.5TOPS to 10TOPS at very low power compared to day the Nvidia or Intel equivalent. From my perspective RISC-V will evolve into that areas in the not too distant future"

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Was trying to think of a reply and then read what Stable Genius said..

So yeah, what he said 🙄..

Would be nice for Renesas to adopt our IP more widely, but their "selected applications" for us, are likely very significant, in chips out the door anyway..

D

Deleted member 118

• Haha

Aretemis

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 2 users

Violin1

Regular
Just an observation on this. If the company has some idea of pending good news in the future, why would they let out useless updates in the meantime.
My point being, if there was no news on the horizon, we would possibly see all sorts of vague releases in the vain hope of propping up the share price.
So, in this instance, perhaps "Silence is Golden".
Don't think we would see prop-up announcements under any circumstances - it's not the nature of our team. The Chairman has said the SP will do what the SP does and the company is cautious about getting tied into a "more info" OR "please explain" from ASX. The CEO said he'd try to get a couple more NDA players to be a bit more forthcoming but that hasn't happened and so he has said "watch the financials".

All in all I think this means we'll see not much until late October with the September quarterly. This will be preceded by about three weeks of all of us guessing, debating, dreaming and speculating over what the revenue figure will be! Lol! So it's just accept a slow burn and hope the slow burn is the wick that leads to the explosion of revenue.

Still, remember, we are 50% up since Christmas Eve. Looking forward to this Christmas.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Every time I think I can't afford anymore BRN, I find a way to buy more.
Short term pain = a much bigger yacht.
Unfortunately, I currently have no more hiding places where I could find money to buy, do you have a treasure chest under the bed?

1661153503604.png

• Haha
Still, remember, we are 50% up since Christmas Eve. Looking forward to this Christmas.
Spare a thought for those of us who have purchased since January

B0A72844-DB2B-4FF8-B78E-9E133B80257F.jpeg

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

VictorG

Unfortunately, I currently have no more hiding places where I could find money to buy, do you have a treasure chest under the bed?

View attachment 14659
Not yet @Sirod69, I will have one in 3yrs😀

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom