BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Nice to know we've got Sam Spade on the case. :ROFLMAO:
If the Black Bird didn't give you any trouble, this'll be a cinch, although am somewhat concerned
about just how hard we're being dicked around! :whistle:
Sounds painful! :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, back to the movie........

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=peter+lorre+maltese+falcon+rant&qpvt=peter+lorre+maltese+falcon+rant&view=detail&mid=A1BADFDFD4AA7C6B8742A1BADFDFD4AA7C6B8742&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=peter+lorre+maltese+falcon+rant&qpvt=peter+lorre+maltese+falcon+rant&FORM=VDRE

Classic noir cast

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Reporting of shorts look dodge.
Below is high of day and % shorts.
You will see a number of points there was big moves in reported aggregate shorts that doesn't add up.

Most recent blip in data is
5 July 2022 78,396,923
4 July 2022 90,784,894
1 July 2022 78,539,907

yes sure, it went from 78M outstanding to 90M back to 78M the next day.....

View attachment 13440
Note that on the shorting websites, it says "reported" for daily and aggregate.

Guess who's been done before, for not reporting lending of shorts?

Rhymes with City and Corp..

So it doesn't surprise me, to see discrepancies..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

krugerrands

Regular
Note that on the shorting websites, it says "reported" for daily and aggregate.

Guess who's been done before, for not reporting lending of shorts?

Rhymes with City and Corp..

So it doesn't surprise me, to see discrepancies..

No doubt that $30k fine sure set them straight....

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
No doubt that $30k fine sure set them straight....
Yes , Yes . That would have really hurt . What a LOL smack on the bottom. I wonder if the person or robot doll that instigated the penalty was dressed in black leather

• Haha

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
In regards to the latest podcast and sensors.

Edge Impulse Announces Bosch Sensortec Support for Edge ML Sensing Applications​

https://www.bosch.de/en/contact/

Careers page at Bosch
Bosch in Germany

PhD Thesis - Neuromorphic Computing with in-memory technologies for ultra-low power applications​

Fields of work
Research & Development

Join as
Graduate

Starting date
According to arrangement

Working time
Full-time and/or part-time

Legal entity
Robert Bosch GmbH
Apply now
Job posted: 2022-04-27
JobID REF151384C

Your tasks​

Machine learning methods for autonomous systems require ever higher computing power. The power consumption and waste heat of the hardware required for this pose a major challenge. Neuromorphic Computing with In-Memory Hardware offers promising solutions to this problem. The main focus of the tasks are:
  • study event-based time-series data acquisition and processing
  • examine dynamism on neural networks (e.g. spatial, temporal, information coding) w.r.t Near-Memory-Compute/In-Memory Compute
  • develop methods to convert ANN models into SNNs including training strategies and implementation
  • develop self-supervised and fault-tolerance networks w.r.t CNN and SNN inferences on MPSoC with NMC/IMC accelerators (inc. exploit process variation on mixed-signal and/or sub-threshold domains)
  • develop NMC/IMC-aware mapping strategies
  • design flexible compute tiles with IMC/NMC to map signal processing and CNN/SNN inferences
  • optimize real-time event-conversion for ultra-low-power systems

Your profile​

• Education: excellent master or diploma degree in electrical engineering, information engineering, microelectronics or informatics
  • Personality and Working Practice: creative, assertive and team player, structured, abstract and strategic thinking
  • Experience and Knowledge: practical experiences with hardware description languages (VHDL, SystemC), knowledge in the area of deep learning, neuromorphic computing
  • Qualifications: proficiency in programming languages (C/C++, Python, Matlab), good skills in modern mathematics, e.g. Machine Learning, Solver, Neural Networks
  • Language: fluent in English and German

Contact & additional information​

www.bosch.com/research
https://www.bosch-ai.com
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotly or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, motivation letter, transcript of records, certificates).
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Jürgen Schirmer (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 10823

About us​

Welcome to Renningen​

Our Research Campus in Renningen, Germany, is the international hub of our Corporate Sector Research and Advance Engineering, the Cross-Domain Computing Solutions division, and the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence. Here, associates from all over the world are dedicated to finding answers to tomorrow’s questions. To ensure our researchers’ ideas can develop and flow freely, the campus has been set up to encourage direct, easy communication and nurture inspiration – an environment where creativity knows no bounds. Are you ready to join us in shaping the future? Your innovative spirit and curiosity are just what we’re looking for.
Renningen
Robert-Bosch-Campus 1
71272 Renningen
Germany
See all jobs
Directions

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

krugerrands

Regular
Yes , Yes . That would have really hurt . What a LOL smack on the bottom. I wonder if the person or robot doll that instigated the penalty was dressed in black leather

Certain individuals might be inclined to self report if that was the case. haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Could analog AI hardware – rather than digital – solve machine learning’s rising costs and carbon footprint with fast, low-energy processing? Logan Wright and Tatsuhiro Onodera say yes.

"“And you don’t need to plug it into anything,” he said. "

But if you don't have the plug, the wave may not reach the other end of the bath tub.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Could analog AI hardware – rather than digital – solve machine learning’s rising costs and carbon footprint with fast, low-energy processing? Logan Wright and Tatsuhiro Onodera say yes.
It's like they are commentating on a race, only they didn't arrive at the track until after the winner had finished.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Looks like the day traders are leaving BRN which should remove some volatility.

I think you're giving perhaps a little too much credit to day traders and recent sp fluctuations lol.

Reactions: 4 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Lukas Timm 🦄
Lukas Timm 🦄(Automotive LIDAR Expert) • Follower:inBringing automotive LIDAR to market 🧑🏽‍💻 Love ASPICE 🥰 Configuration Management @❤️12 Min. •

It really took my breath the other day….

Reading about Innoviz Technologies and how they struck a 4 billion $ deal with Volkswagen AG and CARIAD as their system integrator!
And this all as #tier1!

I‘be been following automotive #lidar industrie’s progress very closely the last couple years. And I’ve noticed this shift of basically „startups“ becoming awarded tier1‘s starting literally from 0 with regards to processes, quality landscape etc…

Yet still they‘re beating well established rivals like Continental ZF Group Bosch etc….

Impressive and really signifying a paradigm shift in the whole industry. That 🦖 have to watch out as fast moving new 🚀 are taking their slots 🔥🥰🤗😍

Congrats to Omer David Keilaf and whole team at Innoviz Technologies 🤗💪🏻👏

• Fire
  • Thinking

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Lukas Timm 🦄
Lukas Timm 🦄(Automotive LIDAR Expert) • Follower:inBringing automotive LIDAR to market 🧑🏽‍💻 Love ASPICE 🥰 Configuration Management @❤️12 Min. •

It really took my breath the other day….

Reading about Innoviz Technologies and how they struck a 4 billion $ deal with Volkswagen AG and CARIAD as their system integrator!
And this all as #tier1!

I‘be been following automotive #lidar industrie’s progress very closely the last couple years. And I’ve noticed this shift of basically „startups“ becoming awarded tier1‘s starting literally from 0 with regards to processes, quality landscape etc…

Yet still they‘re beating well established rivals like Continental ZF Group Bosch etc….

Impressive and really signifying a paradigm shift in the whole industry. That 🦖 have to watch out as fast moving new 🚀 are taking their slots 🔥🥰🤗😍

Congrats to Omer David Keilaf and whole team at Innoviz Technologies 🤗💪🏻👏
Yes, and after that announcement their share price went from $4 to $5.30 in the next 2 days. Wow.

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Yes, and after that announcement their share price went from $4 to $5.30 in the next 2 days. Wow.
Even after the new contract, they are still only valued at around $1 billion 🤔.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I've been asked to post the following on our forum, I've put it all through the translator:

Where could the Akida chip technology be installed soon????

BrainChip partners with Prophesee to optimize the performance and efficiency of Computer Vision AI
Laguna Hills, California - June 14, 2022 - BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world's first commercial neuromorphic AI IP manufacturer, and Prophesee , the inventor of the world's most advanced neuromorphic vision systems, today announced a technology partnership that will provide next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high AI performance coupled with ultra-low-power technologies.

Inspired by human vision, Prophesee's technology uses a patented sensor design and AI algorithms that mimic the eye and brain to reveal what was previously invisible using standard frame-based technology. Prophesee's computer vision systems unlock new potential in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, security and surveillance, and AR/VR.

Akida, BrainChip's first-to-market neuromorphic processor, mimics the human brain to analyze only the essential sensory inputs at the point of acquisition and process data with unprecedented efficiency, precision and power savings. Keeping AI/ML local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also drastically reduces latency.

"We successfully ported data from Prophesee's neuromorphic camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance," said Anil Mankar, co-founder and CDO of BrainChip. "This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida's ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and energy savings at the point of capture truly advances cutting-edge AI enablement, providing manufacturers with an out-of-the-box solution."

CAUTION!! Absolutely the most informative section of the report:

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to provide a complete high-performance, ultra-low-power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offering,” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.”

For more information on the BrainChip and Prophete partnership, contact sales@brainchip.com.

"We successfully ported data from Prophesee's neuromorphic camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance," said Anil Mankar, BrainChip co-founder and CDO. "This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida's ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and energy savings at the point of capture truly advances cutting-edge AI enablement, providing manufacturers with an out-of-the-box solution."

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to provide a complete high-performance, ultra-low-power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offering,” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee."

Remember the keyword Metavision!!

ABOUT PROPHESEE
Prophesee is the inventor of the world's most advanced neuromorphic vision systems.

The company has pioneered an event-based vision approach to machine vision. This new category of vision enables a significant reduction in power, latency and data processing requirements to reveal what was previously invisible to traditional frame-based sensors.

Prophesee's patented Metavision® sensors and algorithms mimic how the human eye and brain work to dramatically improve efficiency in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, security and surveillance, and AR/VR.

New sensor technologies complement the capabilities of standard vision systems, improve occupant safety, enable greater personalization and expand today's cabin experience into tomorrow's third room experience
CALABASAS, California – April 21, 2021 – DTS® , a global leader in next-generation audio, imaging and sensing technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Xperi Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: XPER) (“Xperi”), today announced a global first neuromorphic driver monitoring solution (DMS) powered by Prophesee Metavision® – Event-Based Vision Sensor .

Using the raw data from the Metavision® – Event-Based Vision sensor, the DTS AutoSense* team developed key driver monitoring functions such as gaze tracking, head posture, identification and eyelid opening.

With more than 20 years of world-leading experience in neural solutions and computer vision, and with billions of products powered by their solutions, the Xperi team maps and adapts interior surveillance (ICM) technologies to existing and future sensor-centric trends .

“Intelligent sensing is required for the next-generation cabin experience. The key way to get there is an advanced research strategy focused on sensor fusion,” said Petronel Bigioi, Chief Technology Officer, Xperi. "DTS AutoSense's advanced research team is focused on cutting-edge sensing solutions, and neuromorphic sensing is one of the technologies that can shape the future of the industry."

The neuromorphic sensors capture information at an equivalent frame rate of 10,000 frames per second without the need for active lighting. This enables better low-light performance for driver monitoring functions, as well as unprecedented features such as saccadic eye movements or micro-expressions, critical next steps for next-generation passenger experiences.
Xperi's implementation has 12 patents pending and relies on an end-to-end data generation and training system designed to take into account the specifics of the sensor. The training dataset was generated based on Xperi's extensive computer vision infrastructure, reusing ground truths from the visible and near-infrared spectrum, synthesizing a completely novel approach in neuromorphic recognition.

"Being able to instantly recognize the most subtle, almost imperceptible facial and eye movements can be life-saving," Petronel Bigioi said. "The powerful low-light imaging capabilities, fast response times, and low-power operation that enable this groundbreaking neuromorphism-based technology application make it ideal for the safety-critical applications of driver monitoring systems, while expanding the possibilities for further enhancement and personalization of the vehicle cabin."

Xperi uses Prohesee's Metavision products.
Take a look at the customer list at Xperi, all the well-known car manufacturers in the world are there!

What do you think?
Thanks Sirod, really appreciate the post and the links. For me Xperi is the most exciting news since the Mercedes announcement.

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Sirod, really appreciate the post and the links. For me Xperi is the most exciting news since the Mercedes announcement.
Hi Bigfella,

In my role as annoying wet blanket, I previously pointed out that a recent patent of Xperi (FotoNation) invented by Xperi's now CTO P Bigioi (formerly of FotoNation) is based on CNN.

In addition, the timing of the two announcements is relevant:
Xperi/Peophesee announcement dated April 21, 2021,
Prophesee/Akida dated 14 June 2022;

so it is improbable that the Xperi/Prophesee announcement would have encompassed Akida.

1659705058380.png

PS: That's not to say that Akida is forever beyond Xperi's reach, if they can overcome the NIHS (Not Invented Here Syndrome).

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Fisker Ocean, built the first pre-series units. Sold-out launch edition​

05 August 2022

In total, the number of reservations for the Fisker Ocean - including those of the special launch edition - amounted to over 56,000 units as of August 1, 2022 . There are also more small details on PEAR , the second electric car that Fisker will build thanks to the collaboration with Foxconn. Apparently, it will be based on the SLV1 platform developed by Fisker whose specifications are not known at the moment. This car will be produced from 2024 at the Foxconn plant in Ohio (formerly Lordstown). Once fully operational, the aim is to produce 250,000 units per year of the PEAR model.

• Fire
  • Thinking

uiux

Regular
Hi Bigfella,

In my role as annoying wet blanket, I previously pointed out that a recent patent of Xperi (FotoNation) invented by Xperi's now CTO P Bigioi (formerly of FotoNation) is based on CNN.

In addition, the timing of the two announcements is relevant:
Xperi/Peophesee announcement dated April 21, 2021,
Prophesee/Akida dated 14 June 2022;

so it is improbable that the Xperi/Prophesee announcement would have encompassed Akida.

View attachment 13443

PS: That's not to say that Akida is forever beyond Xperi's reach, if they can overcome the NIHS (Not Invented Here Syndrome).

"annoying wet blanket" lol

Always love reading your analysis Dio

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

cassip

Regular
Hi to all,
I was thinking of that beautiful Scottish golf-landcapes photos, that were posted here, when I read this (and I only hear "sensors" and "edge"):
"CalAmp’s firmware knowledge allowed FAIRWAYiQ to push its beeper functionality to the edge....Instead of waiting for the location data to travel to the cloud and back, the sensor begins to process it locally, so it knows almost immediately when a cart enters a restricted area."
Could be Akida?
Have a good weekend.
Regards, cassip

• Fire
  • Thinking
I wonder if we're still in Xilinks' good books.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-int...n-of-neuromorphic-computing-brainchip-120917/

September 12, 2017

BrainChip Introduces World’s First Commercial Hardware Acceleration Of Neuromorphic Computing​

As the first commercial implementation of a hardware-accelerated spiking neural network system, BrainChip Accelerator is a significant milestone in the development of neuromorphic computing, a branch of artificial intelligence that simulates neuron functions. The processing is done by six BrainChip Accelerator cores in a Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale field-programmable gate array (FPGA). Each core performs fast, user-defined image scaling, spike generation, and spiking neural network comparison to recognize objects. Scaling images up and down increases the probability of finding objects, and due to the low-power characteristics of spiking neural networks, each core consumes approximately one watt while processing up to 100 frames per second. In comparison to GPU-accelerated deep learning classification neural networks like GoogleNet and AlexNet, this is a 7x improvement of frames/second/watt.

Christoph Fritsch, Senior Director for industrial, scientific and medical business at Xilinx, added, “Xilinx is at the forefront of artificial intelligence acceleration. BrainChip’s spiking neural network technology is unique in its ability to provide outstanding performance while avoiding the math intensive, power hungry, and high-cost downsides of deep learning in convolutional neural networks.

Apparently Xilink is now called American Sun Components, and they have their fingers in lots of pies:

https://www.ascnow.com/what-we-do?msclkid=38f3bd13409a1221be92df938a18a7f3&gclid=

and have lots of friends:

View attachment 6680
especially in Texas.

Is it possible to have an avalanche on the tip of an iceberg?
@Diogenese

Just did a keyword search for Xilinx and saw your post. Didn't realise we working with them back in 2017.

As you say, hope we're still in their good books somewhere in the background.

Catalyst for the word search was this job ad I just saw from a couple of weeks ago with Bosch. Not sure if posted previously.

The experience / knowledge area examples pretty much encompasses a lot of Akida connections and not saying has to do with us but Xilinx was the only one I didn't realise we had some history with.

Research Engineer - Deployment of Machine Learning Algorithms for Embedded Systems (f/m/div.)​

• Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
  • Full-time
  • Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH

Company Description​

At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: We grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!

Job Description​

Machine Learning and especially Deep Learning algorithms play an important role for future advanced driver assistance systems. To deploy these algorithms in a fast and reliable way on hardware components, automatic software solutions for HW/SW co-design are essential.
  • Within our team you evaluate compiler frameworks for modern algorithms (e.g. Deep Neural Networks (DNNs)), and hardware platforms (e.g. dedicated accelerators, vector processors).
  • You map embedded AI algorithms, especially DNNs, onto virtual prototypes, digital embedded systems and disruptive future hardware-technologies such as in-memory and neuromorphic computing devices.
  • Furthermore, you are responsible for adapting open-source compiler frameworks (e.g., TVM, MLIR, etc.) onto target-specific ISA.
  • You work with first-class academic partners in international projects and supervise students.
  • Last but not least, you scout deployment solutions for disruptive technologies such as in-memory and neuromorphic computing regarding their practical applicability in Bosch products.

Qualifications​

• Education: excellent Master/Diploma/PhD degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
  • Personality: highly motivated and open for innovative and disruptive ideas
  • Working Practice: independent and proactive team player with goal oriented working style and strong communication skills
  • Experience and Knowledge:
    • expert background in digital technology, computer systems and systems-on-chip (e.g., Xilinx, ARM, RISC-V) as well as programming experience (Python, C/C++) are required
    • very good understanding of Machine Learning and Deep Neural Network frameworks is desired (e.g., PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow),
    • experience with compiler technologies
  • Enthusiasm: keen interest in future technologies and trends with passion for innovation
  • Languages: very good in English and German (written and spoken)

Additional Information​

Help us Boosting Bosch with AI.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence in just 3 minutes!
https://www.bosch-ai.com
www.bosch.com/research
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, motivation letter, certificates).
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Kathrin Stipak (Human Resources)
+49(711)811-38015
Need further information about the job?
Falk Rehm (Functional Department)
+49 (711)811-11827

Job Location​

• Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom