BRN Discussion Ongoing

TopCat

Regular
Hasan Minhaj Reaction GIF by Patriot Act

Probably another broker who has done little to none research on Brainchip. There is a long conga line of these TOOLS.
It would be fun to keep a list of all these articles just so we can remind them in a year or two of their of their incredible research and analytics skills

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

jtardif999

Regular
Not sure what you are pointing out here?

It does make me kind of nervous that a company with significant contracts in place is valued at half our market cap.
That’s because with the ASX it’s always about revenue growth. Potential revenue from a contract doesn’t cut it as with BRN plenty of sky blue potential and now impending proliferation still won’t take off until we see revenue (from royalties) growing year on year - then we launch. Of course if we were listed on the NASDAQ we would be rated favourably based on potential future earnings, ..hell yeah.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Morning everyone,

I was reading through an article published yesterday about Mercedes' New C-Class (W206) and something popped out at me which is that they refer to the the infotainment system as "MBUX NTG7 infotainment system". I wondered why it would be called NTG7 and came across the HARMAN NTG7 PREMIUM Infotainment System User Manual (link below) which looks like it has only been uploaded to the Harman site in the last week or so.

I haven't had a chance to download the pdf yet to see if there's anything juicy in there, howver at this stage I'm suspecting that Mercedes use Harman for cars that require smaller screens and LG for the much larger Hypercreen, thus the need for the NTG7 distinction??

💋

Extract 1

For years, Mercedes-Benz has been bringing us cars that exude extraordinary design, luxurious comfort and innovative technology features. As the country’s largest and leading luxury carmaker, it has continuously ensured that driving a Mercedes-Benz is an experience in itself by establishing benchmarks on vital fronts of automotive design. Now, once again, the brand has set expectations soaring with the launch of the all-new 5th Generation C-Class that proves itself to be a vehicle par excellence in the luxury sedan segment. The New C-Class (W206) underlines Mercedes-Benz’s significant prowess in creating world-class products, which combines the most desirable package of luxurious comfort and sportiness, in addition to being highly digital and sustainable.

Extract 2
High on technology

G20osM2KgEmotoavFsb-aimSGUlBCEKZby5-ZZ7bqNRJ3jSoeBVMH17ACaYdYCFjhpdGWkjiDfKAK7la-_M3zrQrZBGkZrKdsyXbXfzS_dnUyh6b8UyP0brzJgn6qmt5R83oVd3-Otw3IDgBjbb1hY0

The new C-Class adopts its technology prowess from the new S-Class, making it one of the most futuristic cars in the Mercedes-Benz stable. It comes with the MBUX NTG7 infotainment system, which is currently only on the S-Class and the Maybach. It offers enhanced personalization options, intuitive operation, biometric authentication, wireless smartphone integration, Car to X Communication, and over-the-air updates with software that is always kept up to date. With all this and more, there’s so much that the brand-new C-Class allows you to do. [PR(1]

Customers can have up to seven personal user profiles loaded on a vehicle with settings spanning across seat and steering position, ambient lighting setting, AC temperature and mirror settings can be accessed instantly upon login.

The car comes with a hi-resolution central display 30.2 cm (11.9 inch) LCD Touchscreen which is further tilted towards the driver by 6°– 7°. A high quality free, standing driver LCD display of 31.2 cm (12.3 inch) shows you all information in an easy to read format.

To add to the experience, the look of the screen can be individualized with three display styles Classic, Performance and Understated) and three modes (Navigation, Assistance, Service). In " Performance", for example, the colour red is predominant, and the central rev counter has a dynamic design. The full-screen navigation is adapted from the S-Class and gives the driver the best possible guidance on a journey. Additionally, the MBUX navigation helps customer reach their destination safely and quickly. In the C300d, the sound personalization feature is also available where the listening experience can be tailor-made.

Further, the voice assistant "Hey Mercedes" is more advanced and intuitive through activation of online services in the Mercedes me App-thanks to the car’s strong AI operations. The Mercedes Me connect allows the users of the C-Class to stay in touch with other Mercedes vehicles from anywhere around the world and obtain assistance at the touch of a button. To ensure safety & easy access to vehicle information, the Mercedes Me Connect provides some key features such as Vehicle monitoring, Navigation connectivity package, Vehicle set-up, Vehicle finder (enables horn & light flashing), and Geo-fencing.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hey Sly, the autonomous trap was a fake..

. . .
Yeah, but it was a funny fake. The fact that it was done with salt, as in trapping a demon was one of the giveaways. Still funny though.

I only included the clip as humour. But I also do expect autonomous cars will have a real problem in following fake line markings. My car sometimes thinks the exit off a freeway is the preferred course to take. It tends to predominantly follow the solid side line.

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I rang Rehm Falk at Bosch to see about any Akida type knowledge needed in the job description, but it went to voicemail. If Rehm returns my call I will report back. I’m still in Europe at present, back home soon.
@cassip this is for you.
View attachment 13445
Well if you're going to spoil a good walk, that looks like the place to do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Not sure what you are pointing out here?

It does make me kind of nervous that a company with significant contracts in place is valued at half our market cap.
Hi alwaysgreen,

Innoviz are a one-trick pony in a field of thoroughbreds.

Akida can handle any course conditions, any distance.

Edit: Rent-a-pony acknowledgement to @Boab

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

Bravo

Some of what Markus Schäfer had to say in an interview when asked about how Mercedes the EQXX will actually deliver change to future road cars.

Extract 1

But we’re already taking it to the next level. Level 3 specifically. Mercedes was able to obtain system approval for the first-ever Level 3 vehicle – we’re the only ones who have that. Rather dramatically, I call it the moon-shot – it’s a fundamental change because responsibility moves from the driver to the vehicle. It’s limited to 60kmh at the moment, as the authorities want to observe the performance of the system, but there are already signs that an increase in the speed is in preparation.’

So, when will we see what is to be considered ‘fully autonomous’ cars on the road, then? ‘Right now, you would need to run a robotaxi 24/7 in order to get some kind of payback; when it comes to individual users… let’s say the end of the 20s. You could envision that towards 2027 or 2028, you might see the first Level 4 cars on the highway.’

Extract 2
‘So, in short: the motor, the battery technology, the cell technology, and part of the inverter elements are definitely in the in the next generation. And there’s more even on the infotainment side; our engineers’ imaginations went wild and came up with this seamless pillar-to-pillar screen, which is something I am going to transfer into series production.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

A must read article IMO. Tesla is beginning to see a backlash.

"Why does the company charge US $12,000 for a so-called “full self-driving” capability that is utterly reliant on its customers’ data? How much control do drivers have over data extracted from their daily journeys? And what happens when other entities, from companies to the government, seek access to it? These are the themes for our third story."

Cant wait for the 3rd story!🥳

EXTRACT ONLY
Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 12.58.31 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 12.58.41 pm.png

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
I was aware of what has been said about the floating plastic bag problem. My thoughts about it are purely based on the fact that the human mind can’t yet solve that problem, along with the floating balloon that may be accompanied by a child running after it. The later being the more important problem.

I am certain that an appropriate sensor could detect a floating plastic bag or ballon, but the decision on what to do with that is the problem to be solved. I expect most systems will simply apply the brakes, which, as I stated, would be mostly unnecessary. It is not always the smartest decision to allow impact even with a plastic bag.

My current car quite annoyingly applies the brakes, quite firmly, under far too many unnecessary situations. I expect this will increase with sensors that can detect more potential hazards.

The emergency braking that bugs me the most is when the car in front slows to turn off the road. As a human operator I understand their intent, even if not confirmed by their indicator, and can easily slightly swerve to maintain my speed, but no, my car slams on it’s brakes and gives the car behind me a fright, hence creating a potentially dangerous situation and concertina effect.

Slamming on the brakes will be the go to for all potentially hazardous situations, that is the point I don‘t like.
No problem Sly 👍

If your new car is slamming on the brakes like that, I'd just be turning that function off, if I could..
Sounds more like a gimmick, that doesn't work properly..

The guy who wrote that article about the Mercedes Drive Pilot, said all braking was done smoothly and possibly better, than a human driver could.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
The Xperi article is dated April 2021 and our partnership with Prophesee was in June 2022.
It looks like they had a good product but now with Akida they have a sensational product.

“We’ve successfully ported the data from Prophesee’s neuromorphic-based camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance,” said Anil Mankar, Co-Founder and CDO of BrainChip. “This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida’s ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision

Another mention in the Herald Sun today, I think the reporter might be having a bit of a dig at BRN and its current market cap... View attachment 13448
Stockhead? Can we replace the 'stock' with something else?

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
A must read article IMO. Tesla is beginning to see a backlash.

"Why does the company charge US $12,000 for a so-called “full self-driving” capability that is utterly reliant on its customers’ data? How much control do drivers have over data extracted from their daily journeys? And what happens when other entities, from companies to the government, seek access to it? These are the themes for our third story."

Cant wait for the 3rd story!🥳

EXTRACT ONLY
View attachment 13454
View attachment 13455

The people that think Auto Pilot allows them to have a sleep in the back seat are the same people who were using those frozen potatoes the other day.😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Another mention in the Herald Sun today, I think the reporter might be having a bit of a dig at BRN and its current market cap... View attachment 13448
Lets buy a share with revenue and profit with a 30 odd pe ratio,that pays divis of 3% ... wow, amazing,its definitely the 1.06 baggers that im chasing... woohoo....! Im dumping brainchip and buying anz... thanks for the recommendation... insert expletive %#^$...

Happy weekend all from perth, go the pies... mates said i book flights, but i reminded them we lost to west coast!

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

I might be a tad late with this one, but specifically talks “Hey Mercedes”

667981E4-0FF9-457A-BBD4-7E8B60D1BC3F.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
🤣
So I guess the author is saying BrainChip doesn't have a credible path, to profitability..

We've got a path to that.. And some! 😛

Nobody can say for sure, how long that will be, but to say it's not there, considering the partners we have and just the Ecosystem, that we have developed to this point, is just plain ignorance.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Haha, sounds like a bit of a WANCA!

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
I wonder if any journos, will do an article on why the ASX mysteriously seemed to occlude recognition of Brainchip's inclusion in the ASX200, by not publishing, when we rightly deserve, of being a Top Gainer/Loser..
For what appears to be the entire time, of our entry into the ASX200?..

Is it possible to come to the conclusion, by this occlusion, that the ASX is, in effect, manipulating the Market, to an extent, by not publishing the movements, of an ASX200 company?

Maybe too much "conspiracy" for ya? 😛

When I speak to the person I've been mainly dealing with at the ASX on Monday, or sometime next week, I'll be asking her, if this "glitch" which is part of an "ongoing investigation" has ever happened before, to any other company, to her knowledge..

If she can't comment, it's a "No, it hasn't"..

I really can't see how, if the problem, which couldn't be anything other than not entering us into "their system" couldn't be simply rectified, by entering us into their system!

Any other answer, is quite simply, Bullshit.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Foxdog

Regular
All you need to do is replace 'ST' with a 'C' to realise what you're dealing with here.....

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Synopsys have Arm listed as a partner on their website

Apologies if already posted

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Taproot

Regular
Yes, lets not worry about Innoviz to much and focus on the main game.

The world leader is Valeo
First half 22 sales 9.42 Billion EUR, with a further 16 Billion EUR worth of order intake received from their customers.
" Promising spectacular growth of Valeo in the years to come"
"H1 Results show first signs of this growth"
" As far as electrification is concerned we are active in the powertrain aspects and we're active on the thermal aspects "

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom