buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

Leveling up​

With Drive Pilot, Mercedes has placed itself in an unusual position. The SAE autonomy scale goes from Level 0, signifying complete manual operation, to Level 5, signifying cars that can drive themselves in all conditions. Level 3 is the halfway point between those two extremes but, crucially, it’s also the only level that blends human and machine control.

According to the SAE, when a Level 3 system is operating, the car is driving. However, it can still ask the driver to take over control. That stipulation is unique to Level 3. At Levels 4 and 5, the car shouldn’t require human intervention, per the SAE standards, while at Levels 0-2 the driver is considered to be in charge at all times. That includes systems like General Motors’ Super Cruise and Ford’s BlueCruise, where drivers may be merely supervising without touching the steering wheel or pedals.

Another luxury?​

The need to add more sensors and connectivity also contradicts a popular misconception: that Level 3 tech inevitably leads to fully autonomous driving. Just as new hardware was needed to get from Level 2 to Level 3, even more will likely be needed to reach Levels 4 and 5. That will also require mapping more roads, and taking Drive Pilot beyond divided highways. That adds development costs and pushes the limits of the technology, which may not work as well beyond the relatively controlled environment of highways.

My $35k, 2022 Kia has a good level of automated driving capabilities. I absolutely love the lane-following feature that requires no steering input from the driver, combined with radar to automatically stay a safe distance away from the vehicle in front, and adaptive cruise control (all the way down to a standstill if necessary) . I do however dislike the timed warning for me to keep my hands on the wheel. Under expressway conditions it could easily do this all the steering by itself. The warning for me to keep my eyes open, now that’s one that I do agree with. Just joking! I never close my eyes while driving.

I am not one who wants the car to always drive itself under all conditions, just on longer trips on well-marked roads would suit me. So I’d love the car manufacturers to simplify it to staying within the lanes on a well marked highway. All the other stuff seems an over-complication to me. In fact all the other stuff may cause problems when people neglect to take over manual control when they need to, or worse still, lose crucial driving abilities and can’t take over manual control.

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I've been asked to post the following on our forum, I've put it all through the translator:

Where could the Akida chip technology be installed soon????

BrainChip partners with Prophesee to optimize the performance and efficiency of Computer Vision AI
Laguna Hills, California - June 14, 2022 - BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world's first commercial neuromorphic AI IP manufacturer, and Prophesee , the inventor of the world's most advanced neuromorphic vision systems, today announced a technology partnership that will provide next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high AI performance coupled with ultra-low-power technologies.

Inspired by human vision, Prophesee's technology uses a patented sensor design and AI algorithms that mimic the eye and brain to reveal what was previously invisible using standard frame-based technology. Prophesee's computer vision systems unlock new potential in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, security and surveillance, and AR/VR.

Akida, BrainChip's first-to-market neuromorphic processor, mimics the human brain to analyze only the essential sensory inputs at the point of acquisition and process data with unprecedented efficiency, precision and power savings. Keeping AI/ML local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also drastically reduces latency.

"We successfully ported data from Prophesee's neuromorphic camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance," said Anil Mankar, co-founder and CDO of BrainChip. "This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida's ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and energy savings at the point of capture truly advances cutting-edge AI enablement, providing manufacturers with an out-of-the-box solution."

CAUTION!! Absolutely the most informative section of the report:

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to provide a complete high-performance, ultra-low-power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offering,” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.”

For more information on the BrainChip and Prophete partnership, contact sales@brainchip.com.

"We successfully ported data from Prophesee's neuromorphic camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance," said Anil Mankar, BrainChip co-founder and CDO. "This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida's ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and energy savings at the point of capture truly advances cutting-edge AI enablement, providing manufacturers with an out-of-the-box solution."

“By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to provide a complete high-performance, ultra-low-power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offering,” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee."

Remember the keyword Metavision!!

ABOUT PROPHESEE
Prophesee is the inventor of the world's most advanced neuromorphic vision systems.

The company has pioneered an event-based vision approach to machine vision. This new category of vision enables a significant reduction in power, latency and data processing requirements to reveal what was previously invisible to traditional frame-based sensors.

Prophesee's patented Metavision® sensors and algorithms mimic how the human eye and brain work to dramatically improve efficiency in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, security and surveillance, and AR/VR.

New sensor technologies complement the capabilities of standard vision systems, improve occupant safety, enable greater personalization and expand today's cabin experience into tomorrow's third room experience
CALABASAS, California – April 21, 2021 – DTS® , a global leader in next-generation audio, imaging and sensing technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Xperi Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: XPER) (“Xperi”), today announced a global first neuromorphic driver monitoring solution (DMS) powered by Prophesee Metavision® – Event-Based Vision Sensor .

Using the raw data from the Metavision® – Event-Based Vision sensor, the DTS AutoSense* team developed key driver monitoring functions such as gaze tracking, head posture, identification and eyelid opening.

With more than 20 years of world-leading experience in neural solutions and computer vision, and with billions of products powered by their solutions, the Xperi team maps and adapts interior surveillance (ICM) technologies to existing and future sensor-centric trends .

“Intelligent sensing is required for the next-generation cabin experience. The key way to get there is an advanced research strategy focused on sensor fusion,” said Petronel Bigioi, Chief Technology Officer, Xperi. "DTS AutoSense's advanced research team is focused on cutting-edge sensing solutions, and neuromorphic sensing is one of the technologies that can shape the future of the industry."

The neuromorphic sensors capture information at an equivalent frame rate of 10,000 frames per second without the need for active lighting. This enables better low-light performance for driver monitoring functions, as well as unprecedented features such as saccadic eye movements or micro-expressions, critical next steps for next-generation passenger experiences.
Xperi's implementation has 12 patents pending and relies on an end-to-end data generation and training system designed to take into account the specifics of the sensor. The training dataset was generated based on Xperi's extensive computer vision infrastructure, reusing ground truths from the visible and near-infrared spectrum, synthesizing a completely novel approach in neuromorphic recognition.

"Being able to instantly recognize the most subtle, almost imperceptible facial and eye movements can be life-saving," Petronel Bigioi said. "The powerful low-light imaging capabilities, fast response times, and low-power operation that enable this groundbreaking neuromorphism-based technology application make it ideal for the safety-critical applications of driver monitoring systems, while expanding the possibilities for further enhancement and personalization of the vehicle cabin."

Xperi uses Prohesee's Metavision products.
Take a look at the customer list at Xperi, all the well-known car manufacturers in the world are there!

What do you think?
Hi Sirod,

A bit of digging on Xperi found no relevant patents, but a search for their CTO Petronel Bigioi found several patents, including:

US11361525B2 Electronic device for performing biometric identification

1659662442674.png

1659662164803.png

This patent, priority 2019, names Petronel Bigioi (PB) as inventor, but the owner is FotoNation, an Irish company. Now there could be two PBs, but it is possible PB now works for Xperi. There may also be a licence agreement (takeover?) between Xperi and Fotonation.

The photosensor plate combines the normal RGB pixels with infrared pixels.

Quoting PB
"The neuromorphic sensors capture information at an equivalent frame rate of 10,000 frames per second without the need for active lighting. This enables better low-light performance for driver monitoring functions, as well as unprecedented features such as saccadic eye movements or micro-expressions, critical next steps for next-generation passenger experiences."

The low-light conditions imply infrared, so it is highly probable that PB is talking about the FotoNation patents.

Xperi are working in the same area as nViso, but that would not necessarily exclude Xperi having an Akida licence.

Their blurb:

https://s201.q4cdn.com/428489777/fi...-for-Driver-and-Occupancy-Monitoring-2022.pdf
Xperi Launches Revolutionary Single Camera Solution for Driver and Occupancy Monitoring 1/5/2022

states that:

DTS AutoSense Single Camera Driver and Occupancy Sensing:
uses proprietary AI/ML technology to ensure the quality and reliability of drowsiness or attentiveness analytics

However, FotoNation has several other patents invented by PB, including:

EP3408798A1 A CONVOLUTIONAL NEURAL NETWORK dating from 2016

1659664403660.png

which relates to CNN and definitely does not use Akida.

Here is another trick which PB invented for biometric sensing:

US10310145B2 Image acquisition system

1659664682359.png

An image acquisition system for acquiring iris images for use in biometric recognition of a subject includes an optical system comprising a cluster of at least 2 lenses arranged in front of a common image sensor with each lens optical axis in parallel spaced apart relationship. Each lens has a fixed focus and a different aperture to provide a respective angular field of view. The lens with the closest focus has the smallest aperture and the lens with the farthest focus has the largest aperture so that iris images can be acquired across a focal range of at least from 200 mm to 300 mm.

So,

1659665632715.png

EDIT: Petronel Bigioi is from FotoNation:
https://investor.xperi.com/governan...x?ItemId=40b9411f-6d57-421e-84db-9edad7dde0d7

Petronel has more than 250 granted and published U.S. and international patents to date. Petronel is an IEEE fellow with over 20 years of experience in the digital still camera and mobile phone industries, working in both signal processing and connectivity. A co-founder of several successful companies (including FotoNation), he is also a pioneer of digital camera connectivity, a co-author and actively involved in the picture transfer protocol (PTP) and PTP-over-IP networks communication standards.

EDIT2: Fotonation bought by Tessera - Tessera changes name to Xperi.

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 31, 2008--Tessera Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:TSRA), a leading provider of miniaturization technologies for the electronics industry, today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire FotoNation, a leading provider of embedded imaging solutions for digital still camera and mobile phone applications.

https://investor.xperi.com/news/new...Name-Change-to-Xperi-Corporation/default.aspx

Tessera Holding Corporation Announces Name Change to Xperi Corporation​

February 22, 2017

Attachments

• 1659662243268.png
    1659662243268.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 1659664650177.png
    1659664650177.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
People will still want to own one instead of waiting for 1 to turn up or go on a camping trip etc
I live outside a major metropolis, Ubers and taxis are bloody difficult to find at the best of times. Will this be better or worse with fully autonomous Uber? I expect they’ll be restricted to well-defined roads in the larger cities and don’t expect them to reach most parts of Australia. Not even outer suburbia.

Kids in Australia will be drawing salt lines around autonomous vehicles, and on roads, to trap them.
Autonomous trap

Hence, I firmly believe car manufacturers should concentrate on sensors that make driving safer and more pleasurable (as in less taxing driver assist type stuff), and not spend so much time on fully autonomous vehicles.

Will any sensor ever be able to solve the floating piece of plastic/floating balloon problem?

But I also know it will all come down to dollars and the “value of a life” figure insurance companies use.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
Quick chart to try consolidate as much info in simple visual.

Have highlighted other possible areas of supp / resist related to previous SP action.

1. Summary table of various oscillators, pivots & MA's
2. Red / Green auto Fib based on a qtrly function. Lines change colour as SP moves below or above to become supp / resist.
3. Tries to visualise supply / demand / sentiment. Can see tightened recently as bull / bears battle.
4. RSI bias paints the SP bars. Want the area to break upwards (green) above the centre channel. If sits in centre channel can indicate poss ranging zone.

Not seeing a lot of vol support for the upward momentum though. Not a lot of supply coming in so buyers just nibbling away at what's available at the moment. Could change quickly imo if we get to a tipping point where buyers make a rush and manage to swamp / swallow any supply that does show up in the resist area heading into now.

BRN D BAR FIB RSI 5.8.22.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Proga

Regular
My $35k, 2022 Kia has a good level of automated driving capabilities. I absolutely love the lane-following feature that requires no steering input from the driver, combined with radar to automatically stay a safe distance away from the vehicle in front, and adaptive cruise control (all the way down to a standstill if necessary) . I do however dislike the timed warning for me to keep my hands on the wheel. Under expressway conditions it could easily do this all the steering by itself. The warning for me to keep my eyes open, now that’s one that I do agree with. Just joking! I never close my eyes while driving.

I am not one who wants the car to always drive itself under all conditions, just on longer trips on well-marked roads would suit me. So I’d love the car manufacturers to simplify it to staying within the lanes on a well marked highway. All the other stuff seems an over-complication to me. In fact all the other stuff may cause problems when people neglect to take over manual control when they need to, or worse still, lose crucial driving abilities and can’t take over manual control.
It's good to get a user perspective.

The car will be trained to pull over to the side of the road safely and stop if the drive doesn't take back manual control. Hope they train it to do the same thing while the driver is in control and has a medical incident. Not too sure how to prevent suicides by driving over a cliff or into a lake.

• Haha

gex

Regular

Have highlighted other possible areas of supp / resist related to previous SP action.

2. Red / Green auto Fib based on a qtrly function. Lines change colour as SP moves below or above to become supp / resist.
3. Tries to visualise supply / demand / sentiment. Can see tightened recently as bull / bears battle.
4. RSI bias paints the SP bars. Want the area to break upwards (green) above the centre channel. If sits in centre channel can indicate poss ranging zone.

Not seeing a lot of vol support for the upward momentum though. Not a lot of supply coming in so buyers just nibbling away at what's available at the moment. Could change quickly imo if we get to a tipping point where buyers make a rush and manage to swamp / swallow any supply that does show up in the resist area heading into now.

View attachment 13396
1659667324061.png

so you're telling me there's a chance

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
View attachment 13398

Trying to highlight a couple things.

Underlying indicators show a more bullish bias.

Where potential key supp and resist areas may be.

Generally accepted rule that to not get an anamoly when price rises supply comes in and buyers create momentum pushing up and taking the supply. Eg retail fomo or SM.

Effort = result.

If price rises but little supply coming in you ask why? The smart money are the deep pockets that usually kick in to suck up the supply rush and push through resistance so reserving judgement that isn't happening....yet.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 118

If you watching can you please take out $1.185 to $1.22, but happy to wait until there are at least a millions shares to grab

• Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I've been asked to post the following on our forum, I've put it all through the translator:

Where could the Akida chip technology be installed soon????
Hopefully in a LOT of cameras!!!!!!!

Ryad Benosman, professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Pittsburg, adjunct professor at the CMU Robotics Institute, and one of the founding fathers of event–based vision technologies (Prophesee) said recently.

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 12.59.01 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Foxdog

Regular
Does he not know about AKIDA?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
View attachment 13398

This might help give some guide & need watch spread with the vol.

There is a good book by Anna Coulling.

Here are some snips on the validation / anomalies thoughts.

I'll try attach the whole PDF as well fwiw.

VPA EG 1.jpg
VPA EG 2.jpg
VPA EG 3.jpg
VPA EG 4.jpg
VPA EG 5.jpg
VPA EG 6.jpg

Attachments

• feismo.com-a-complete-guide-to-volume-price-analysis-pr_4db199eb0715e514a018278075c84c8b.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 98
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Sirod,

A bit of digging on Xperi found no relevant patents, but a search for their CTO Petronel Bigioi found several patents, including:

US11361525B2 Electronic device for performing biometric identification

View attachment 13388

View attachment 13385

This patent, priority 2019, names Petronel Bigioi (PB) as inventor, but the owner is FotoNation, an Irish company. Now there could be two PBs, but it is possible PB now works for Xperi. There may also be a licence agreement (takeover?) between Xperi and Fotonation.

The photosensor plate combines the normal RGB pixels with infrared pixels.

Quoting PB
"The neuromorphic sensors capture information at an equivalent frame rate of 10,000 frames per second without the need for active lighting. This enables better low-light performance for driver monitoring functions, as well as unprecedented features such as saccadic eye movements or micro-expressions, critical next steps for next-generation passenger experiences."

The low-light conditions imply infrared, so it is highly probable that PB is talking about the FotoNation patents.

Xperi are working in the same area as nViso, but that would not necessarily exclude Xperi having an Akida licence.

Their blurb:

https://s201.q4cdn.com/428489777/fi...-for-Driver-and-Occupancy-Monitoring-2022.pdf
Xperi Launches Revolutionary Single Camera Solution for Driver and Occupancy Monitoring 1/5/2022

states that:

DTS AutoSense Single Camera Driver and Occupancy Sensing:
uses proprietary AI/ML technology to ensure the quality and reliability of drowsiness or attentiveness analytics

However, FotoNation has several other patents invented by PB, including:

EP3408798A1 A CONVOLUTIONAL NEURAL NETWORK dating from 2016

View attachment 13391

which relates to CNN and definitely does not use Akida.

Here is another trick which PB invented for biometric sensing:

US10310145B2 Image acquisition system

View attachment 13394

An image acquisition system for acquiring iris images for use in biometric recognition of a subject includes an optical system comprising a cluster of at least 2 lenses arranged in front of a common image sensor with each lens optical axis in parallel spaced apart relationship. Each lens has a fixed focus and a different aperture to provide a respective angular field of view. The lens with the closest focus has the smallest aperture and the lens with the farthest focus has the largest aperture so that iris images can be acquired across a focal range of at least from 200 mm to 300 mm.

So,

View attachment 13395

EDIT: Petronel Bigioi is from FotoNation:
https://investor.xperi.com/governan...x?ItemId=40b9411f-6d57-421e-84db-9edad7dde0d7

Petronel has more than 250 granted and published U.S. and international patents to date. Petronel is an IEEE fellow with over 20 years of experience in the digital still camera and mobile phone industries, working in both signal processing and connectivity. A co-founder of several successful companies (including FotoNation), he is also a pioneer of digital camera connectivity, a co-author and actively involved in the picture transfer protocol (PTP) and PTP-over-IP networks communication standards.

EDIT2: Fotonation bought by Tessera - Tessera changes name to Xperi.

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 31, 2008--Tessera Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:TSRA), a leading provider of miniaturization technologies for the electronics industry, today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire FotoNation, a leading provider of embedded imaging solutions for digital still camera and mobile phone applications.

https://investor.xperi.com/news/new...Name-Change-to-Xperi-Corporation/default.aspx

February 22, 2017

Hi @Sirod69 ,

Just to close the loop:

Xperi was formerly known as Tessera.

February 22, 2017

Tessera bought Fotonation.

https://investor.xperi.com/news/news-details/2008/Tessera-to-Acquire-FotoNation/default.aspx

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Steve10

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Good SP rise today. Regular little consistent green days will get the job done.

I think this might be Brainchips internal mantra:

1659670664870.jpeg

Enjoy the weekend!

😀

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

View attachment 13396
I've been looking at the same area wondering if there is another bargain buying opportunity coming up perhaps next week.
Have my dry powder ready to take advantage if it occurs.
Otherwise happy for a move up, and ready for my Lambo......just to see me thru till my EQXX is ready. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom