BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Hey DippY22, by you're stringent criteria, NASA shouldn't be above the waterline either, as we haven't received any significant income?

Same goes for Arm, Edge Impulse, SiFive, Nvisio, Prophesee..

They are just "feel good stuff"?

I know the Iceberg, is more a bit of illustrative fun, but agree with Uiux, that it could be more accurate.
But "above the water line" should not be confined to just the relationships that are bringing in significant dollars, but all known relationships, as that is what the "Ecosystem" we are developing is all about and the combination of which, that will lead to Brainchip's success.

Poor iceberg it was fun while it lasted

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Bosch has big plans. Sorry to our German friends if this has already been posted.

Dr Hartung also touched on how there’ll probably be more semiconductor company and software company partnerships too.

“Our partnership system will probably explode,” said Dr Hartung.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
I don’t disagree with your intentions Uiux, and doubt many would - it’s your delivery that’s the problem.

We’re all adults, let’s behave that way. Nobody ever accused me of being the most diplomatic of persons, but when dealing with well intentioned people, it’s best to be civil.
_20220802_193339.JPG

Posts can be like bullets and the keyboards are like the guns.

The statement "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" is wrong really, because guns are designed to kill and do it very well.
Someone might be in an emotionally charged state, but won't kill..
But put a gun in their hands and it's all too easy..
They don't have time to think about their actions and just the slight squeeze of the trigger and its done.

People should think about it, before hitting the "reply" button..
There is no pressure, sitting behind the keyboard..

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hei @uiux can you please Point out all the names On the Iceberg that you Deem BS. I think it would be a healthy discussion and give the TSEx 1000 eyes a chance to defend its place on the Ice berg. I don’t read daily and have missed a few of these links myself, so it would be great to rehash some of these connections IMO :)

Hey Funky @TheFunkMachine, I'll help both you and @BaconLover if I can. We can all do this together!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
ROFL... another 2,097,873 shorts sales yesterday.

Generally, I agree with the sentiment that "fortune favours the brave", but this is more akin to "gambling" IMO.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
While Citi may be a custodian, a lot of beneficial owners have no say as to what to buy or sell. Many beneficial owners just give their funds to Citi (probably in some managed fund) and it is up to Citi to trade.
The Tech stats At this Point of Time hmm

Keep the Iceberg. It’s a great point of reference.
I am pissed I didn’t copy the iceberg before it was taken away
Oh well that sucks

Reactions: 2 users
I first started to read the crapper forums and I always felt annoyed by the rubbish that was published on it…
Then this great forum started and it was so refreshing and pleasant informative and funny as well.
But now it’s like if we are not making money you all want to rip each other a new asshole.
Seriously unfortunately this is now the second crapper, and I wish it wasn’t…

• Sad
Reactions: 11 users

projection

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

Neuromorphia

fact collector
Hi Stuart,

I don't have the reference link of Simon Thorpe's presentation to hand, but this slide illustrates N-of-M coding:

Neural Bases of Rapid Visual Information Processing
Simon Thorpe Brain and Cognition Research Centre (CerCo) BrainChip Inc
Toulouse, Franc

View attachment 13103

Basically if there are M spikes arriving higgeldy-piggeldy, you only need to process the first N spikes. This greatly reduces the amount of processing required.

The strongest spikes having the most relevant information arrive earlier than the weaker spikes.

Evidence for this was found in the 1920s, but overlooked for several decades:

View attachment 13104
Simon Thorpe presentation in IMEC ACADEMY: The importance of Spikes for power-efficient AI systems
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-43878

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Does some of you know anything about Innoviz Technologies?
This is very important because of VW and BMW, perhaps @Bravo?

The partnership with VW is Innoviz’s third design win with a Tier 1 supplier. In April, BMW revealed that Innoviz’s lidar would be on the 2023 BMW i7 electric vehicles, and in May last year, Innoviz was selected by another unnamed Tier 1 automotive supplier for its autonomous shuttle program.

VW hasn’t yet revealed which models will first be built with Innoviz’s tech, but the automaker has been making several moves towards boosting its advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving capabilities. Earlier this year, Cariad and Bosch teamed up to develop software for automated driving for use in VW’s cars, and in May, VW chose Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Ride platform to power its ADAS and automated driving.

Innoviz Technologies is proud to announce on its collaboration with CARIAD and Volkswagen AG for autonomous driving.​

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

dippY22

Regular
Yes to all that. My only wish is that profane language is NEVER used as it looks ugly in print and suggests the writer doesn't have the ability to respectfully present an alternative view.
Agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment. It is lazy, and way too easy to swear, be vulgar and / or coarse. It is more challenging (and, takes more time) to be lucid, descriptive, reasoning and creative, ... devoid of "swears" as my children used to call them when they were young.

People that put some effort into their posts demonstrate a respect to language and the written word as well as to the audience who may read them.

That is in essence what made reading Fact Finder's posts so wonderful and satisfying. They were mostly all superbly written, always thoughtful, rational and well reasoned. And I never remember him using profanity .... not even once.

Respectfully, dippY

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Shadow59

Regular
Well since Fact Finder left a few weeks ago, things have spiralled out of control here.
I can certainly see why he went, also taking his good friend Blind Freddy with him.
However, I think we really need him back, even if he can manage the odd cameo appearance, it may impart some sanity and help to stabilise the ship. Anyone would think we hit an iceberg!
SO! In order to get his attention I thought I would bait a hook and see if we could "encourage" him back.
I have included a nice little video clip here. It embodies lovely music and international culture that I am sure he'll like. I'm not certain there would be any other reason you would need to watch.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

Does some of you know anything about Innoviz Technologies?
This is very important because of VW and BMW, perhaps @Bravo?

The partnership with VW is Innoviz’s third design win with a Tier 1 supplier. In April, BMW revealed that Innoviz’s lidar would be on the 2023 BMW i7 electric vehicles, and in May last year, Innoviz was selected by another unnamed Tier 1 automotive supplier for its autonomous shuttle program.

VW hasn’t yet revealed which models will first be built with Innoviz’s tech, but the automaker has been making several moves towards boosting its advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving capabilities. Earlier this year, Cariad and Bosch teamed up to develop software for automated driving for use in VW’s cars, and in May, VW chose Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Ride platform to power its ADAS and automated driving.

Innoviz Technologies is proud to announce on its collaboration with CARIAD and Volkswagen AG for autonomous driving.​

Enter search term Innoviz

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Bravo

Well since Fact Finder left a few weeks ago, things have spiralled out of control here.
I can certainly see why he went, also taking his good friend Blind Freddy with him.
However, I think we really need him back, even if he can manage the odd cameo appearance, it may impart some sanity and help to stabilise the ship. Anyone would think we hit an iceberg!
SO! In order to get his attention I thought I would bait a hook and see if we could "encourage" him back.
I have included a nice little video clip here. It embodies lovely music and international culture that I am sure he'll like. I'm not certain there would be any other reason you would need to watch.

Haven’t you posted this video before. Perhaps it’s time for you to move on love?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Shadow59

Regular
Haven’t you posted this video before. Perhaps it’s time for you to move on love?
Nope it was something FF posted earlier in the year

Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom