BRN Discussion Ongoing

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
@filob sort mate flat out at work but if you read the release it says related to the next gen Akida orders. I hope I did not miss read that.
BrainChip incurred $0.77M in third party licenses and hardware related to the development of next-generation Akida engineering samples

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

jla

Regular
Silly question, but are we in a trading halt? Having trouble on the NAB platform with any stocks, seeing where it is shown as trading halt.
I know atm its not open for trade but the estimated open and depth of buy/sell has not budged since announcement, which normally happens with a halt. If anyone is using NAB( not the app) and know where it is shown I would appreciate any help.
It is ok on Westpac, No trading holt.

Reactions: 1 users

GDJR69

Regular
It's a better 4C than I was expecting and although obviously I"m pleased with the $1.2m revenue what I am actually more pleased about is that the company spent $1.7m on R&D and says:

'In the coming quarter, the Company will be focused on deepening existing customer relationships and converting technical evaluations. In addition, the Company continues to invest in development of next-generation Akida IP and products to extend our technological lead.'

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

Fredsnugget

Regular

Slade

Top 20
Here is BrainChip's modest message to the World:

We have entered partnerships with no other than ARM, SiFive and Prophesee (stick that up your ASX reporting regulations). We have a bucket load of cash and $$$ are starting to flow in from customers. Our customer relationships will continue to strengthen as they bring their products to market. We run a tight ship as we continue to develop our next generation of Akida and products. Watch this space!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 84 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
What does 'converting technical evaluations' mean?
It means that some prospects are still evaluating the tech in the context of their own needs/designs... and this comment means "lets get them further along in the purchase cycle - i.e. making them a paying customer".

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Lets hope this is the last 4C with revenue less than $4 million.

Next q, $5 mill, December quarter $8 mill, then next year we will have to be in the double digits per quarter.

That's my dream anyway. 2025, triple digit millions of revenue per quarter!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

sleepymonk

Regular
Read the release slowly and carefully the 0.77 million section
what is more exciting is " third party licenses", my interpretation is, 1} these fees are not directly from our two lP licencees. 2} licenses

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
Incurred.

We spent money on 3d party licencing and hardware in our next Dev. That's all good and part of Dev but.....

I'd like to know who's licence....tailored, requested, hybrid.......hmmm

IMG_20220727_073814.jpg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 30 users

JK200SX

Regular
What does 'converting technical evaluations' mean?
Going from the concept through to a saleable product with revenue.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Incurred.

We spent money on 3d party licencing and hardware in our next Dev. That's all good and part of Dev but.....

I'd like to know who's licence....tailored, requested, hybrid.......hmmm

View attachment 12531

Correct. It is an expense. And very interesting to see here as well!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Yak52

Regular
GREAT 4C - Receipts from customers for the quarter were US$1.2M, an increase of US$1M in Q1-22. (Quote 4C)

Very happy to see that number! Missing Top 20 after it being promised by Tony is perplexing. Tony?

Below is BRN overnight finish on the USA Markets being UP +4.85%

Combined with todays released great 4C we should have ROCKETs on our screens.

BRN Europe SP at 0150 am 26 July 2022.jpg

Yak52 . :cool: GLTAH

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
GREAT 4C - Receipts from customers for the quarter were US$1.2M, an increase of US$1M in Q1-22. (Quote 4C)

Very happy to see that number! Missing Top 20 after it being promised by Tony is perplexing. Tony?

Below is BRN overnight finish on the USA Markets being UP +4.85%

Combined with todays released great 4C we should have ROCKETs on our screens.

View attachment 12527

Yak52 . :cool: GLTAH
Top 20 could be a separate ann like back in Jan

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
.77 is a cost associated with next generation Akida, not revenue. But that is very cool.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I'm looking forward to the Motley Fool write up this afternoon with the title, "Why did the Brainchip share price rally up to $6.88 today?". :)
but not under the 5 he choose

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Iseki

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

BonezDiez

Emerged
A lot of posts about 600% increase Q/Q but arnt we back to Dec 2021 4C when we made $1M ?

Reactions: 2 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
.77 is a cost associated with next generation Akida, not revenue. But that is very cool.

I like this part A LOT!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
G

Great question. ARM?
ARM is the most likely imo. Exactly who it is though, we may never know.

I actually enjoy the mystery and secrecy around our revenue sources. It means that companies value our product so highly, that they are trying to use it as a competitive advantage. Obviously it goes against us wanting to be ubiquitous but eventually, word will get around and we will be.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Costs down for the quarter, that's a big surprise!

Satisfying increase in cash recipients!

Engineering Samples of next generation AKIDA, being developed!!

Still using the name AKIDA!

Do I renew my custom number plates? 🤔..

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom