BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
I'm not certain, but didn't Sean indicate a timeline regarding the revenue? I somehow have end of the year in my mind, but correct me if I'm wrong. Please :D
I think he stated or more or less " implied " that he hopes to see us all at the next AGM where he expected the financials would be in a better place.

Reactions: 9 users

Xray1

Regular
Although we have an enormous amount of activity in the background I'd be surprised to see the 3 or 4 expected mill that is being suggested. No doubt the revenue stream will eventually amount to many of millions in the future but I think we’ll need to hold tight until we start seeing some tangible product with paid royalties coming out the other end.
I will be happy to see receipts from customers in this 4C at say the $500K mark, bearing in mind that in the last 4C income was only a mere $205K... !!!

I think we will see engineering services fees, Even though I hold no expectations this is the most probable for me personally. 4c hurry up I am impatient

JK200SX

Regular
$5 million 4C! :) :)

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
Reactions: 4 users

Slade

Top 20
This sentence from a new blog posted by BrainChip yesterday says a lot. I draw your attention to the words: 'automotive companies are'. You can draw your own conclusions.
That’s why automotive companies are untethering edge AI functions from the cloud – and performing distributed inference computation on local neuromorphic silicon using BrainChip’s AKIDA.

Check out our new blog -"Designing Smarter And Safer Cars With Essential AI" - Essential AI can solve power and latency issues in the automotive industry, the automotive edge.

Conventional AI silicon and cloud-centric inference models do not perform efficiently at the automotive edge. As many semiconductor companies have already realized, latency and power are two primary issues that must be effectively addressed before the automotive industry can manufacture a new generation of smarter and safer cars. To meet consumer expectations, these vehicles need to feature highly personalized and responsive in-cabin systems while supporting advanced assisted driving capabilities.

That’s why automotive companies are untethering edge AI functions from the cloud – and performing distributed inference computation on local neuromorphic silicon using BrainChip’s AKIDA.
This Essential AI model sequentially leverages multiple AKIDA-powered smart sensors and AKIDA AI SoC accelerators to efficiently capture and analyze inference data within designated regions of interest or ROI (samples within a data set that provide value for inference).

brainchip-diagram1-300x118.png

In-Cabin Experience
According to McKinsey analysts, the in-cabin experience is poised to become one of the most important differentiators for new car buyers. With AKIDA, automotive companies are designing lighter, faster, and more energy efficient in-cabin systems that can act independent of the cloud. These include advanced facial detection and customization systems that automatically adjust seats, mirrors, infotainment settings, and interior temperatures to match driver preferences.

AKIDA also enables sophisticated voice control technology that instantly responds to commands – as well as gaze estimation and emotion classification systems that proactively prompt drivers to focus on the road. Indeed, the Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX features AKIDA-powered neuromorphic AI voice control technology which is five to ten times more efficient than conventional systems.

Neuromorphic silicon – which processes data with efficiency, precision, and economy of energy – is playing a major role in transforming vehicles into transportation capsules with personalized features and applications to accommodate both work and entertainment. This evolution is driven by smart sensors capturing yottabytes of data from the automotive edge to create holistic and immersive in-cabin experiences.

Assisted Driving – Computer Vision
In addition to redefining the in-cabin experience, AKIDA allows advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) such as computer vision to detect vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, signs, and objects with incredibly high levels of precision.

Specifically, pairing two-stage object detection inference algorithms with local AKIDA silicon enables computer vision systems to efficiently perform processing in two primary stages – at the sensor (inference) and AI accelerator (classification). Using this paradigm, computer vision systems rapidly and efficiently analyze vast amounts of inference data within specific ROIs.

Intelligently refining inference data eliminates the need for compute heavy hardware such as general-purpose CPUs and GPUs that draw considerable amounts of power and increase the size and weight of computer vision systems. It also allows ADAS to generate incredibly detailed real-time 3D maps that help drivers safely navigate busy roads and highways.

Assisted Driving – LiDAR
Automotive companies are also leveraging a sequential computation model with AKIDA-powered smart sensors and AI accelerators to enable the design of new LiDAR systems. This is because most LiDAR typically rely on general-purpose GPUs – and run cloud-centric, compute-heavy inference models that demand a large carbon footprint to process enormous amounts of data.

Indeed, LiDAR sensors typically fire 8 to 108 laser beams in a series of cyclical pulses, each emitting billions of photons per second. These beams bounce off objects and are analyzed to identify and classify vehicles, pedestrians, animals, and street signs. With AKIDA, LiDAR processes millions of data points simultaneously, using only minimal amounts of compute power to accurately detect – and classify – moving and stationary objects with equal levels of precision.

Limiting inference to a ROI helps automotive manufacturers eliminate compute and energy heavy hardware such as general-purpose CPUs and GPUs in LiDAR systems – and accelerate the rollout of advanced assisted driving capabilities.

Essential AI
Scalable AKIDA-powered smart sensors bring common sense to the processing of automotive data – freeing ADAS and in-cabin systems to do more with less by allowing them to infer the big picture from the basics. With AKIDA, automotive manufacturers are designing sophisticated edge AI systems that deliver immersive end-user experiences, support the ever-increasing data and compute requirements of assisted driving capabilities, and enable the self-driving cars and trucks of the future.

To learn more about how BrainChip brings Essential AI to the next generation of smarter cars, download our new white paper here.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 76 users

MDhere

Regular
I feel like today will be the day for the 4C release. Regardless of the revenue amount, I hope there is a strong message from Sean about the previous accomplishments from the quarter and some bullish expectations and forecasts for next quarter.

Fingers crossed Yak is right with his prediction of at least $4 million revenue. It is a well researched prediction. I think some are just keeping their expectations low to avoid disappointment to be honest.

We all know where the company is headed, so $4 million-ish revenue is still peanuts in the grand scheme of where we will be (and for our current market cap) but it shows the doubters that we are headed in the right direction.

And if it's not $4 million as others are predicting, then cest la vie. This 4C will be a distant memory in 2 years when our revenue is many, many, many multiples higher than $4 million!
if yak is right i will shout you and yak each a beer or fav cocktail, in fact i will ask zeebot how the tip function works 👍

• Fire
  • Love

Slade

Top 20
I am with Yak and others in the $4 million prediction for this upcoming 4C. Any less and there will be hell to pay.

Kicking And Screaming Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
F

Filobeddo

Here’s a tip for free ( & to no one specifically )

Before posting an article blog or whatever, maybe use the search function to check it’s not already on here

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Kachoo

Regular
I don't know why all are squabbling with each other. We are all on the same side other then the odd shorter that opens an account here.

We make 4 million or 1 million for this c4 the long run won't matter. If your more a trader yes it does matter for you and that's yoir risk your taking. Every buy and sell is a risk and only you can blame or praise your outcome.

I look at it like this the top holders have not sold off much. I mean Peter or Anil could have sold off a pile and walked away with 50 million does he NO. So let's all settle down and relax and not lose focus.

I will be honest I thought 2 years ago that today we would be further ahead on the so then we are well that's not the case ist a delay well that's life I live with it and keep working away on things waiting. I will be honest i have more in BRN then i should but so does peter and Anil and they seem calm about stuff workimg away.

Why are we stressed well one reason is we don't know what is happening behind the doors but if we did we would create chaos buying and selling as we as Investers would try to capitalize on maximizing our investment lol.

In the end of the day once one picks a exit strategy it's easy to wait. If we don't hit my SP price for the exit I will just have to settle for a lower price. My exit is my opinion only and it's well well north of what we are lol.

Anyway let's all chill and relax we are all different yes but our goal is the same.

Relax like our hard working employees are doing and respect them for there skill and leadership we all bring skills some more prevelant then others but we are all human.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
F

Filobeddo

only have enough money to shout alwaysgreen and yak so he gets my shout at 4mil 🤣 Bring it on. if its 40mil i will send my beloved kenrobot shirt to @Yak52 .
@alwaysgreen care to do that runner 🤣

Haha :D MD, but first I dare you to post a snap of you wearing that ken shirt down the street ;) 😁

& be warned if you don't we could just get one from Bunnings (with their facial recognition cameras) ;);):p

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
only have enough money to shout alwaysgreen and yak so he gets my shout at 4 🤣 Bring it on. if its 40 i will send my beloved kenrobot shirt to @Yak52 .
@alwaysgreen care to do that runner 🤣
If it's $40 miill, I'll do the nudie run and spray myself with champagne while doing it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users
4C is usually a perfect opportunity for scare mongers to do their thing, increase volatility, make a trade or two, and transfer shares/wealth to own accounts.

Having said that, I'm thankful for their hard work, countless hours of online downramping and bot trades, it has helped me accumulate a decent amount of shares for myself.

I'm sure most of you can say the same.

Be bussin peeps....

View attachment 12441
BL how’s our iceberg holding up In this global warming?
Is it getting to top heavy??

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
BL how’s our iceberg holding up In this global warming?
Is it getting to top heavy??
Iceberg is holding up strong and media predictions are of an ICE AGE. Global warming is so 2020.

Brainchip's new iceberg photo attached:

FB_IMG_1658790101619.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Foxdog

Regular
Perhaps one day we'll see: BRN misses forecast with only 150 Billion revenue (share price drops to $247) 😆

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Ahboy

Regular
From memory in one of his interviews earlier this year Sean said something in the lines of the rate of income will balance or exceed the rate of expense after BRN reaches close to 100 staff.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Dr E Brown

Regular

Interesting discussion.
Thinking about in cabin emotional surveillance. How would that affect any insurance or liability claim, if the AI had suggested a rest? How does it really know?
It’s coming…. and fast.

• Fire
  • Thinking

Xhosa12345

Regular
From memory Sean said something in the lines of the rate of income will balance or exceed the rate of expense after BRN reaches close to 100 staff in one of his interviews earlier this year.
Yep important word is 'rate' ,not the 'gross' ie costs might be going up 10% per qtr,then revenue would be increasing 20% ... as an example.

And that was by the End of the year, so my expectations are not high this quarter

4c coming in a few days and we will see if its 400k or 4m this qtr, so no need for shadow jumping, everyone trust your original work and exit price, remembering a low rev number is going to be jumped all over by the media and the shorters.

Ive said it before but just as a reminder, those with stop losses be very careful, especially after the 4c drops.

Good luck all

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Interesting discussion.
Thinking about in cabin emotional surveillance. How would that affect any insurance or liability claim, if the AI had suggested a rest? How does it really know?
It’s coming…. and fast.
Thinking about what you’re saying about resting ( truck drivers) might not be able to fudge the books and hopefully make the road a safer better place.

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom