BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Shenzhen, China- At the Win-Win Huawei Innovation Week, David Wang, Executive Director of the Board and Chairman of the ICT Infrastructure Managing Board of Huawei, delivered a keynote speech titled “Innovation, Lighting up the 5.5G Era”. In his speech, Wang spoke about the next evolution of 5G technology, which the company has termed, 5.5G, and the industry’s innovation roadmap for the next five to ten years.

Reactions: 3 users

JK200SX

Regular

1658400154445.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Mws

Regular
And in the meantime Ukrainians are dying and you all are winding yourselves up with imaginary insults. Have a cup of tea, relax and give thanks that you are all healthy individuals with the ability to be in control of what happens to you. Peace.
And in the meantime Ukrainians are dying and you all are winding yourselves up with imaginary insults. Have a cup of tea, relax and give thanks that you are all healthy individuals with the ability to be in control of what happens to you. Peace.
Yeah good call, and what about us all winding each other up with imaginary share prices. 10 x Microsoft? We’re still allowed to live. Are you posting from 🇺🇦?

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think they have to sell them immediately. They borrow the shares and can sell them at anytime I believe. If the stock is in an uptrend can they hold the shares until they feel more secure to sell?
Yes, they can sell when they want, but once sold, that's it.

They can borrow more and sell again, for more effect, but unless their actions create "real" selling volume, by "unsophisticated retail scum" (that's us 😛).
Then they are in trouble.

There were around 900k of shorts taken out yesterday, which it "looks" like were used on open and around the middle of the day, with little effect.

It doesn't "look" like they have a "war chest" of unsold shorts, but you can be sure, that more were taken out today and will be used tomorrow.

The thing is, that other shorters are trampling over each other, to get these at the moment.

There are also different levels of shorters.
The ones trapped below 90 cents, aren't the smarter ones..

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

Bossman

Gentleman
Yeah good call, and what about us all winding each other up with imaginary share prices. 10 x Microsoft? We’re still allowed to live. Are you posting from 🇺🇦?
No Mws i am incredibly lucky to have been born and live in this amazing country called Australia. Its OK to allow people to get excited about what they think their future might hold even if you don't agree with them. Sometimes dreams are all people have.

Reactions: 10 users

Mws

Regular
No Mws i am incredibly lucky to have been born and live in this amazing country called Australia. Its OK to allow people to get excited about what they think their future might hold even if you don't agree with them. Sometimes dreams are all people have.
I was being facetious. This is a anonymous forum after all. Just a bit of winding down or up lol,after a hard days work. Brainchip’s s/p where it’s at now is a dream realised now (if I sold now) for my family. All the best Bossman

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I'm not 100% sure about when they sell. But if the price goes up and they haven't sold the shares then they will ne even. If they sold the shares at $1 they would have to currently buy the shares back and lose 20%
Shorters "notionally" borrow N shares at the then current price of $X per share, for which they pay a smallish fee or percentage on top (up front?).

The shorters now owe the lender N shares.

They have to return the N shares to the lender at some indefinite time, or the lender can ask them to return the shares if the bet looks like losing.

The shorters thus have an inverted risk/reward position in which they win if the shares go down and they lose if the shares go up.

To return the shares, they have to buy N shares at the new market price ($Y) to be able to return them.

If Y < X, then they make $N*(X - Y) profit.

If Y > X, then they make $N*(Y - X) loss.

The only way the lender can lose is if the shorter goes broke (as well as if the shares then go down after the shorter returns them).

All this is considered legal, although how it advances the primary object of the share market to provide investment in productive companies is, shall we say, obscure.

The shorter can attempt to illegally manipulate the share price by drip feeding small numbers of shares onto the market at prices marginally below the share price at any time, eg, by using bots.

ASX motto: You scratch my back, I'll pick your pocket.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Parramatta?

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
I always thought so too, but then this increase that we have now would be great, then you would have an enormous profit now, or am I misunderstanding that again? Or do we now expect that it will continue to rise like this? or how or what, now I don't understand it again, just tell me what has to happen for them to burn properly...
I think many of you will laugh at me now

How long have I been trying to figure this out?
View attachment 12122
Shorters are a part of the market and can keep share prices of companies, from getting over inflated unnecessarily.
Like on good news or results, while not having strong fundamentals, like income or revenue.

The thing with Brainchip is, we have very little revenue, for our share price and market capitalisation.

This is based on what we are doing, where we are going, our potential future market share and the strength of our Intellectual Property.

Market Analysts in Australia, are geared towards mining companies.
They understand "gold in the ground" as a way of valuing a company, but not the potential billions of issuances of IP royalties.
Just as gold in the ground, isn't certain until you actually dig it out, the IP royalties aren't certain, until they've arrived.
(except IP royalties, are like gold that magically moves from the ground to the vault, there is no "cost" in extracting them).

And yet mining companies and technology companies are valued very differently in Australia.

Most people in the investment World, still don't know what a neuromorphic chip is, or what we have here, in being first to market with Neuromorphic Chip technology, as IP, at a time when almost every company in the World, is chasing the "Holy Grail" of what we have.

The shorters below 90 cents, will most likely burn.
But there will always be shorters on BRN, even when we are hugely successful, taking advantage of any decent rise in prices.

The difference here, now, is that this rise has been largely caused by the shorters.

And probably a bit of Smart Money, playing the game on the up.

It really is a bit of a twisted web, don't think about it too much, I don't.

The ASX needs to realise, that Brainchip, is a Global Company! 😉

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Mws

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Shorters "notionally" borrow N shares at the then current price of $X per share, for which they pay a smallish fee or percentage on top (up front?).

The shorters now owe the lender N shares.

They have to return the N shares to the lender at some indefinite time, or the lender can ask them to return the shares if the bet looks like losing.

The shorters thus have an inverted risk/reward position in which they win if the shares go down and they lose if the shares go up.

To return the shares, they have to buy N shares at the new market price ($Y) to be able to return them.

If Y < X, then they make $N*(X - Y) profit.

If Y > X, then they make $N*(Y - X) loss.

The only way the lender can lose is if the shorter goes broke (as well as if the shares then go down after the shorter returns them).

All this is considered legal, although how it advances the primary object of the share market to provide investment in productive companies is, shall we say, obscure.

The shorter can attempt to illegally manipulate the share price by drip feeding small numbers of shares onto the market at prices marginally below the share price at any time, eg, by using bots.

ASX motto: You scratch my back, I'll pick your pocket.

YES I got it!!!

• Fire
  • Haha

Bossman

Gentleman
I was being facetious. This is a anonymous forum after all. Just a bit of winding down or up lol,after a hard days work. Brainchip’s s/p where it’s at now is a dream realised now (if I sold now) for my family. All the best Bossman
Aha, understood! So end of the week and brainy is delivering. I'm so happy your dream is being realised my friend I fear we are are in for many more dreams coming true. Its a great life and I wish all the best to you and your family.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Cgc516

Regular
Just thought I'd interrupt the regular show, with a news update.

Someone has put an order in, for 1500 TMH shares at 38 cents.

View attachment 12080
HMM VERY QUICK putting up that Jpeg of that $1.13 SELL of 33,000 share matey. It just hit and you have a screenshot. ?
Sure it was not "waiting" ready for the order to hit?

Now I am a suspicious person of new accounts doing "stuff" here and you ONLY have 13 posts.

I will leave it to everyone to make their "own" conclusions about the post and what happened. I am seeing a red flag.
Sorry if wrong. NOT sorry if right. 🙄

Rocket - it NOTHING yet again. Someone has "thrown " out a disturbance or a "Brake" to slow down the SP.

Yak52 :cool:
Yak52, you are right. I am new for posting, but I am not downramper, I am always here and holding firmly of my BRN.

I am just feeling something happening behind what we can see.

These two transactions one is yesterday .990 (happened just between 1.275 and 1.13) , one is today 1.13, however maybe just accidentally shows on our screen.

Hopefully is not a bad thing.

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Shorters are a part of the market and can keep share prices of companies, from getting over inflated unnecessarily.
Like on good news or results, while not having strong fundamentals, like income or revenue.

The thing with Brainchip is, we have very little revenue, for our share price and market capitalisation.

This is based on what we are doing, where we are going, our potential future market share and the strength of our Intellectual Property.

Market Analysts in Australia, are geared towards mining companies.
They understand "gold in the ground" as a way of valuing a company, but not the potential billions of issuances of IP royalties.
Just as gold in the ground, isn't certain until you actually dig it out, the IP royalties aren't certain, until they've arrived.
(except IP royalties, are like gold that magically moves from the ground to the vault, there is no "cost" in extracting them).

And yet mining companies and technology companies are valued very differently in Australia.

Most people in the investment World, still don't know what a neuromorphic chip is, or what we have here, in being first to market with Neuromorphic Chip technology, as IP, at a time when almost every company in the World, is chasing the "Holy Grail" of what we have.

The shorters below 90 cents, will most likely burn.
But there will always be shorters on BRN, even when we are hugely successful, taking advantage of any decent rise in prices.

The difference here, now, is that this rise has been largely caused by the shorters.

And probably a bit of Smart Money, playing the game on the up.

It really is a bit of a twisted web, don't think about it too much, I don't.

The ASX needs to realise, that Brainchip, is a Global Company! 😉
Until revenue flows, we are going to continue to experience huge fluctuations in our share price. If I knew that after $2.30 the share price would have dropped to 86 cents, I would have sold my entire holdings, paid my tax and bought back in the same amount with a decent chunk of cash in my pocket.

Problem is, it is so hard to time the top and bottom. Even in the last run in January, there were 9 green days out of 12. Any of the 3 red days could have signalled that the top was in but it kept going and selling out with more to run up is tough to watch. Are we at the top of this run? Who knows but all I know is I'll probably continue to go through this cycle of euphoria when the price runs up and lament that I didn't sell when the price drops. As long as we continue to have higher highs and higher lows, I'm happy.

The only way to stop the manipulation is revenue. There are not many $2 billion companies that have zero revenue and that will always attract the naysayers and the shorters. Bring on an absolute shit tonne of revenue I say. C'mon Seany baby!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Mws

Regular
Aha, understood! So end of the week and brainy is delivering. I'm so happy your dream is being realised my friend I fear we are are in for many more dreams coming true. Its a great life and I wish all the best to you and your family.
Cheers Bossman, good health and fortune

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Mt09

Regular

Daniel Situnayake head of ML for edge impulse @ the 18 minute mark. “Brainchip’s a really cool company, that we’re working with on some awesome stuff”. This and the smile’s on the panels faces at the mention of Brainchip help me sleep well at night.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Yak52, you are right. I am new for posting, but I am not downramper, I am always here and holding firmly of my BRN.

I am just feeling something happening behind what we can see.

These two transactions one is yesterday .990 (happened just between 1.275 and 1.13) , one is today 1.13, however maybe just accidentally shows on our screen.

Hopefully is not a bad thing.

What sort of bad thing are we talking about? Just so I'm clear I know what we're talking about.

confused-no.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Potato

Regular
Good to have a breathe of life back into the BRN.
Let's see if we can get up to $1.35 or + by end of the week.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Ahboy

Regular
Just thinking out loud and not financial advice.

I assume one can protect an investment during times of volatility without selling any long term shares by shorting the same company in a separate trading account.
When this is done correctly, any movement in price (up or down) will not affect your portfolio apart from the fees you are charged for the loan of the shares.
However, upon closing the shorts, you will need to pay tax on the gains if the shares go down.
Likewise, if the price goes up, you can use the loss due from the shorts as a deduction.

Reactions: 2 users
Prev chart posts below.

Updated & removed some old notes & added couple for today plus another hopefully simpler / cleaner daily chart.

BRN D BAR MOM 21.7.22.png

BRN W BAR RSI 21.7.22.png

BRN D BAR HA TREND 21.7.22.png

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom