BRN Discussion Ongoing

F

Filobeddo

Don't want to be mean butt I'm a litle over this conversation to be honest. I like this site, the conversations and sharing but there is no way I will be handing my voting rights to someone I don't know. How about we just get on with what this forum is here for. Sahring rrsearch into the great company.

SC

Think you’re forgetting @Space Cadet the whole point of this forum is the exchange of opinions & research.

If you don’t like a topic move on

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
We have seen a large vote against PVDM at the agm so all is not necessarily tight at the top and most small retailers hold the “what can I do” view and hand their proxies to the chairman. These can equal many millions of votes that could be used for or against our best interests
No.

Read this.

Also.... why am I having to remind someone about this for the third time in one week? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users

stuart888

Regular
Anything of any interest here especially with the recent job opening regarding hearing aids. Patent assigned to Syntiant

Has any conclusion been reached by the group on who might be the Hearing Aid company? Syntiant yes/no/maybe? The fact that Brainchip still lists Hearing Aids as part of the job solution is interesting. This would be a product with a much quicker "go to market" time frame. There is a lot of info when searching in google for "auditory sensor spiking neural network".

Seems like the perfect low power SNN solution. From what I read; it is the Spike Timing that can be used to filtering out the background noise. Called a Biological Neural Network, Fascinating. Go Brainchip Team!

1658181307574.png

Anything of any interest here especially with the recent job opening regarding hearing aids. Patent assigned to Syntiant

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
Has any conclusion been reached by the group on who might be the Hearing Aid company? Syntiant yes/no/maybe? The fact that Brainchip still lists Hearing Aids as part of the job solution is interesting. This would be a product with a much quicker "go to market" time frame. There is a lot of info when searching in google for "auditory sensor spiking neural network".

Seems like the perfect low power SNN solution. From what I read; it is the Spike Timing that can be used to filtering out the background noise. Called a Biological Neural Network, Fascinating. Go Brainchip Team!

View attachment 11766
Love that Abstract
Disclosed is a neuromorphic-processing systems including, in some embodiments, a special-purpose host processor operable as a stand-alone host processor; a neuromorphic co-processor including an artificial neural network; and a communications interface between the host processor and the co-processor configured to transmit information therebetween. The co-processor is configured to enhance special-purpose processing of the host processor with the artificial neural network. Also disclosed is a method of a neuromorphic-processing system having the special-purpose host processor and the neuromorphic co-processor including, in some embodiments, enhancing the special-purpose processing of the host processor with the artificial neural network of the co-processor. In some embodiments, the host processor is a hearing-aid processor.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Perhaps

Regular
For us Germans it would mean something like investing the hard way entering an AGM in Australia, but I'm pretty sure after the last votes the proxy voting next year will be much more crowded than it ever was before.

Just in my personal understanding Peter is the one who understands the implications behind the technique, keeping the ethics alive confrontated with the business. Of course we all want to earn money, but do it with a good feeling is much better. Peter and Anil are Brainchip, no other way.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

jtardif999

Regular
With Akida successful with phase 1 and helping the rover to achieve 20kph ( 40kph downhill ;)). We might want to revisit this document..

NASA SBIR 2022 Phase I Solicitation
H6.22 Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In-Space Autonomy and Cognition
Lead Center: GRC
Participating Center(s): ARC
Scope Title
Neuromorphic Capabilities

Scope Description

This subtopic specifically focuses on advances in signal and data processing. Neuromorphic processing will enable
NASA to meet growing demands for applying artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms onboard a
spacecraft to optimize and automate operations. This includes enabling cognitive systems to improve mission
communication and data-processing capabilities, enhance computing performance, and reduce memory
requirements. Neuromorphic processors can enable a spacecraft to sense, adapt, act, and learn from its
experiences and from the unknown environment without necessitating involvement from a mission operations team.
Additionally, this processing architecture shows promise for addressing the power requirements that traditional
computing architectures now struggle to meet in space applications.

The goal of this program is to develop neuromorphic processing software, hardware, algorithms, architectures,
simulators, and techniques as enabling capability for autonomous space operations. Emerging memristor and other
radiation-tolerant devices, which show potential for addressing the need for energy-efficient neuromorphic
processors and improved signal processing capability, are of particular interest due to their resistance to the effects
of radiation.

Additional areas of interest for research and/or technology development include: (a) spiking algorithms that learn
from the environment and improve operations, (b) neuromorphic processing approaches to enhance data
processing, computing performance, and memory conservation, and (c) new brain-inspired chips and
breakthroughs in machine understanding/intelligence. Novel memristor approaches that show promise for space
applications are also sought.

This subtopic seeks innovations focusing on low-size, -weight, and -power (SWaP) applications suitable to lunar
orbital or surface operations, thus enabling efficient onboard processing at lunar distances. Focusing on SWaPconstrained
platforms opens up the potential for applying neuromorphic processors in spacecraft or robotic control
situations traditionally reserved for power-hungry general-purpose processors. This technology will allow for
increased speed, energy efficiency, and higher performance for computing in unknown and uncharacterized space
environments including the Moon and Mars. Proposed innovations should justify their SWaP advantages and target
metrics over the comparable relevant state of the art (SOA).
Expected TRL or TRL Range at completion of the Project

4 to 6
Primary Technology Taxonomy
Level 1
TX 10 Autonomous Systems
Level 2
TX 10.1 Situational and Self Awareness
Desired Deliverables of Phase I and Phase II
Prototype
Hardware
Software
Desired Deliverables Description
Phase I will emphasize research aspects for technical feasibility and show a path toward a Phase II proposal.
Phase I deliverables include concept of operations of the research topic, simulations, and preliminary results. Early
development and delivery of prototype hardware/software is encouraged.
Phase II will emphasize hardware and/or software development with delivery of specific hardware and/or software
products for NASA, targeting demonstration operations on a low-SWaP platform. Phase II deliverables include a
working prototype of the proposed product and/or software, along with documentation and tools necessary for
NASA to use the product and/or modify and use the software. In order to enable mission deployment, proposed
prototypes should include a path, preferably demonstrated, for fault and mission tolerances. Phase II deliverables
should include hardware/software necessary to show how the advances made in the development can be applied
to a CubeSat, SmallSat, and rover flight demonstration.
State of the Art and Critical Gaps

The current SOA for in-space processing is the High Performance Spaceflight Computing (HPSC) processor being
developed by Boeing for NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). The HPSC, called the Chiplet, contains 8
general purpose processing cores in a dual quad-core configuration. Delivery is expected by December 2022. In a
submission to the Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD) Game Changing Development (GCD) program,
the highest computational capability required by a typical space mission is 35 to 70 GFLOPS (billion fast logical
operations per second).

The current SOA does not address the capabilities required for artificial intelligence and machine learning
applications in the space environment. These applications require significant amounts of multiply and accumulate
operations, in addition to a substantial amount of memory to store data and retain intermediate states in a neural
network computation. Terrestrially, these operations require general-purpose graphics processing units (GPGPUs),
which are capable of teraflops (TFLOPS) each—approximately 3 orders of magnitude above the anticipated
capabilities of the HPSC.
a
Neuromorphic processing offers the potential to bridge this gap through a novel hardware approach. Existing
research in the area shows neuromorphic processors to be up to 1,000 times more energy efficient
than GP-GPUs
in artificial intelligence applications. Obviously, the true performance depends on the application, but nevertheless
the architecture has demonstrated characteristics that make it well-adapted to the space environment.
Relevance / Science Traceability
The Cognitive Communications Project, through the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate
(HEOMD) Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) Program, is one potential customer of work from this

subtopic area. Neuromorphic processors are a key enabler to the cognitive radio and system architecture
envisioned by this project. As communications become more complex, cognition and automation will play a larger
role to mitigate complexity and reduce operations costs. Machine learning will choose radio configurations and
adjust for impairments and failures. Neuromorphic processors will address the power requirements that traditional
computing architectures now struggle to meet and are of relevance to lunar return and Mars for autonomous
operations, as well as of interest to HEOMD and Science Mission Directorate (SMD) for in situ avionics capabilities.
References
Several reference papers that have been published at the Cognitive Communications for Aerospace Applications
(CCAA) workshop are available at: http://ieee-ccaa.com
Page
Have been thinking about the whole Vorago Akida radiation-hardening abandonment thing and you know I think it makes sense that this may be the case when you consider the company’s change of policy to just be an IP producing company. NASA perhaps intend to use a chip architecture containing Akida IP in the final analysis and that chip architecture will be the one that gets radiation hardened. That would then put this whole thing into perspective - why would the company be saying we are no longer a chip company if we intended to sell radiation hardened Akida chips? Just my thoughts.. 😎

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 33 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Have been thinking about the whole Vorago Akida radiation-hardening abandonment thing and you know I think it makes sense that this may be the case when you consider the company’s change of policy to just be an IP producing company. NASA perhaps intend to use a chip architecture containing Akida IP in the final analysis and that chip architecture will be the one that gets radiation hardened. That would then put this whole thing into perspective - why would the company be saying we are no longer a chip company if we intended to sell radiation hardened Akida chips? Just my thoughts.. 😎
Your thinking makes a lot of sense🧐

Reactions: 13 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
For us Germans it would mean something like investing the hard way entering an AGM in Australia, but I'm pretty sure after the last votes the proxy voting next year will be much more crowded than it ever was before.
we can hire this for our forty plus thousand shareholders AGM 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-085040_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-085040_Brave.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

TopCat

Regular

View attachment 11766

Maybe?? Working on a project with Damlier also for auto industry if we have any links with them.

Reactions: 4 users

Perhaps

Regular
we can hire this for our forty plus thousand shareholders AGM 2023
I'm considering when this little band from Perth plays with the original line up. Pardon me, I'm coming for sure.

Reactions: 5 users

Ahboy

Regular
Chips or no chips?
Somewhat conflicting given the company only 3 days ago promoted services through the enablement program from concept to working systems with packages that includes 20 AKD1000 and 100 AKD1000 chips along with engineering and support services.
1658185063523.png

1658185102157.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
@Bravo, if you want it's yours. The photos don't reflect it properly. It's really funny and a really well done 3D image. As a thank you for your tireless work, I'll let you get this funny and very well done thing. Just send me an address via the personal chat and off you go, if you want. Found it today...
View attachment 11762
View attachment 11763
"Intergalactic Birthday wishes"
"You are someone very special"
For those wondering :)

Reactions: 6 users

stuart888

Regular
Quick summary of the 9-hour video from the Brainchip sponsored IESA AI Summit 2022. Everything is inspiration and exactly why Brainchip SNN is at the right time, right place. It is freaky to hear over-and-over everyone preaching the direction of the industry. All roads lead to Brainchip. Yeah Low-Power-Spiking-AI at the far-far-damn-far-edge!

1658185852145.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Morning all- very interesting video on Prof Hossam H regardless if Akida’s embedded..

Wow! Thanks for posting @GStocks123!!!

PS: This says that the NA-NOSE prototype is in production and will be available in 3 years!!!!!!!!
PSS: The video has been seen by over 1.5 million people.
PSSS: I think we all know what the AI is.🥳

(2.35 min)
When you exhale into the NA-NOSE, this device will study the breath using nanotechnology and AI. It will look for those tiny cancer molecules and if it catches them it will signal an alert and that's how this machine can tell if you have cancer or not even before any of the the symptoms show, just based on your breath.

(4.05 min)

His device is still a prototype and it's in production and within 3 years he says we should be able to get this device in our hands.

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 9.19.08 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users

Iseki

Regular
Chips or no chips?
Somewhat conflicting given the company only 3 days ago promoted services through the enablement program from concept to working systems with packages that includes 20 AKD1000 and 100 AKD1000 chips along with engineering and support services.
View attachment 11772
View attachment 11773
Good question. At last count we produced 7000 chips with most reserved for EAP customers, which has now been formalized into Enablement.
Hope the upcoming 4C can shine some light on this.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
That document was produced 3rd of march 2021 and original agreement with brn was sep 2nd 2020.
Just throwing that out there for interest. The lastest finding regarding nasa.

Reactions: 4 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist

hi JT- see post # 21799- dated Sat 16th July 2022

AKIDA NEURON FABRIC INTERGRATES INTO ANY ARM CPU

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi jt.
Very fair point. My concern though is that as rightly pointed out prior, you can’t trust anyone in this game. We have seen a large vote against PVDM at the agm so all is not necessarily tight at the top and most small retailers hold the “what can I do” view and hand their proxies to the chairman. These can equal many millions of votes that could be used for or against our best interests. It would be great to have a 25% (or whatever could be mustered) stake under retail control if we could possibly be organised enough. It’s a long shot suggestion but this forum offers a platform to make it possible. It would though require widespread support which doesn’t seem to be here.
Perhaps if you propose something in detail.
ATM its a bit like "lets eliminate world hunger"
Sure, great idea and believe most would be in favour..... but exactly how would we achieve it?
Particularly when your premise acknowledges the scepticism of "you can't trust anyone in this game."
I think if this potential for a take over ever becomes a known reality, then this forum as it stands, will become a rallying point for its in depth discussion and the propagation of a concerted effort to either deny or endorse a course of voting action.
I don't know whether the thousand eyes actually holds 25%, but think with a concerted and obvious self interested voting direction we would be at the least an influential block not only for our combined shares held, but for the noise we could generate.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Answer: Australia = Where BrainChip was born.

18 July 2022

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom