BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sosimple

Regular
Quick summary of the 9-hour video from the Brainchip sponsored IESA AI Summit 2022. Everything is inspiration and exactly why Brainchip SNN is at the right time, right place. It is freaky to hear over-and-over everyone preaching the direction of the industry. All roads lead to Brainchip. Yeah Low-Power-Spiking-AI at the far-far-damn-far-edge!

View attachment 11774

At around the 6:17:40 mark the brainchip presentation 😁

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Zedjack33

Regular
But it’s fine for you to post over there?
Lol. I can’t post over there. Been banned for months.

And I don’t go over there.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
Has any conclusion been reached by the group on who might be the Hearing Aid company? Syntiant yes/no/maybe? The fact that Brainchip still lists Hearing Aids as part of the job solution is interesting. This would be a product with a much quicker "go to market" time frame. There is a lot of info when searching in google for "auditory sensor spiking neural network".

Seems like the perfect low power SNN solution. From what I read; it is the Spike Timing that can be used to filtering out the background noise. Called a Biological Neural Network, Fascinating. Go Brainchip Team!

View attachment 11766
Hi Stuart, I don't know if a definite hearing aid company has been identified as working with BrainChip. We could certainly be working with a number of them. A while ago a we were talking about Oticron, a company that uses a deep neural networks in their hearing aids. Interestingly, the Aussie company Cochlear are currently in the process of taking over Oticron. Cochlear is also a company that has been discussed in the past. Could be worth keeping an eye on.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Mt09

Regular
Chips or no chips?
Somewhat conflicting given the company only 3 days ago promoted services through the enablement program from concept to working systems with packages that includes 20 AKD1000 and 100 AKD1000 chips along with engineering and support services.
View attachment 11772
View attachment 11773
We have to supply chips to enable development. We’re not supplying/ having manufactured chips in large commercial quantities.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

robsmark

Regular
E35A568C-41CE-4B6D-826E-A69946A7AC03.jpeg

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Perhaps

Regular
Perhaps if you propose something in detail.
ATM its a bit like "lets eliminate world hunger"
Sure, great idea and believe most would be in favour..... but exactly how would we achieve it?
Particularly when your premise acknowledges the scepticism of "you can't trust anyone in this game."
I think if this potential for a take over ever becomes a known reality, then this forum as it stands, will become a rallying point for its in depth discussion and the propagation of a concerted effort to either deny or endorse a course of voting action.
I don't know whether the thousand eyes actually holds 25%, but think with a concerted and obvious self interested voting direction we would be at the least an influential block not only for our combined shares held, but for the noise we could generate.
That old spook called takeover.
The patents are partly not assigned to Brainchip but Peter. The first and important one which defines Akida is from 2008, long before Brainchip exists. Can anybody explain how there can be a takeover of a company which owns only parts of the IP of their most important product?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

robsmark

Regular
Commsec is down. .. and so it begins..
I was just trying to be funny. Opening was very soft, but it seems to be bouncing.

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Iseki

Regular
That old spook called takeover.
The patents are partly not assigned to Brainchip but Peter. The first and important one which defines Akida is from 2008, long before Brainchip exists. Can anybody explain how there can be a takeover of a company which owns only parts of the IP of their most important product?
Don't think so. Can you please give an example?

Iseki

Regular
I was just trying to be funny. Opening was very soft, but it seems to be bouncing.
Great. But CommSec really is down, system wise.

Violin1

Regular
Chips or no chips?
Somewhat conflicting given the company only 3 days ago promoted services through the enablement program from concept to working systems with packages that includes 20 AKD1000 and 100 AKD1000 chips along with engineering and support services.
View attachment 11772
View attachment 11773
My understanding was that Sean said we wouldn't be producing bulk chips but that we would still produce a "reference" chip. Previously it looked likely we'd produce (My words) hundreds of thousands for small users and big players would do their own with IP. Sean then moved us back to the original business model of IP and not a chip company - but still producing a reference chip that won't be called Akida2000. Presumably there will still be enough of these to be distributed for testing purposes by customers - Just that they won't be able to buy them in bulk for commercial purposes.

This is my understanding so not advice.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Shadow59

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

Perhaps

Regular

Iseki

Regular
CommSec is ok on my computer
Great! Wouldn't let me log in for last 14 minutes.

Diogenese

Top 20
Anything of any interest here especially with the recent job opening regarding hearing aids. Patent assigned to Syntiant

Hi Rocket,

Syntiant are exponents of analog NNs, or Frankenstein combinations of analog and digital. S

FIG. 2 provides a schematic illustrating an analog multiplier array in accordance with some embodiments.

Reactions: 11 users

Iseki

Regular
Just have a look at the patents thread
I believe the early patents have been bought by BRN. This is why the inventors hold their large share numbers. ie ownership of this IP is conveyed by a slightly different mechanism.

Reactions: 5 users

Perhaps

Regular
Don't think so. Can you please give an example?
Just a logical view. Brainchip is well known by the big players for years. Intel had a deep look at Akida in their Neuromorphic Research Group, where Mercedes stumbled upon Brainchip. When there'd been any chance for a takeover in the past with a market cap of 500M, don't you think they would have done it? No matter if it's just for eliminating future competition or buying the technology for peanuts, that's the usual way they work. But nothing happened. Why?
Next step is a look at the patents.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

uiux

Regular
Just a logical view. Brainchip is well known by the big players for years. Intel had a deep look at Akida in their Neuromorphic Research Group, where Mercedes stumbled upon Brainchip. When there'd been any chance for a takeover in the past with a market cap of 500M, don't you think they would have done it? No matter if it's just for eliminating future competition or buying the technology for peanuts, that's the usual way they work. But nothing happened. Why?
Next step is a look at the patents.

Just because the market cap is X dollars doesn't mean the company is willing to be sold for that price

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

stuart888

Regular
Hi @TECH - hope you are right about the acceleration. However, we did confirm that the comment at the AGM was an additional one director to take it to five ratherthan an extra four or five. Haven't found the post but I recall confirming this via Tony Dawe.
Regards
Seems safe to assume Brainchip is already well ahead of the Diversity issue for down the road Nasdaq. Maybe 20% of employees are from India, some from Japan, Germany, Perth, plus Anil is already on the BOD. I would hope that Brainchip makes a huge headline with the next Director. Our new team is thinking big. Yeah, How about Lisa Su?

1658190999100.png

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom