BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hi-Rise I am surprised that this is in a public forum being disclosed, the way it has, if there is any truth to this?, someone might not have a job come Monday if this gets back to the Co...
November 2021 is its release date

Reactions: 1 users

Kachoo

Regular
I have thought of something similar but more along the line of having 1000 plus investors putting up say 10 grand each into an entity for the sole purpose of burning the shorts. The entity could trade and grow the holdings at the same time put the shorts under pressure. I do like your idea better.
All people would need to do is actually just buy up shares and you would see a shirt squeeze. Imo if say 10 plus million shares were bought up that's 20000 shares each for 500 people 1000 that price would move big time. The loose shares are disappearing. It be similar to what they did with game stop. I know everyone would not partake that's a lot of money up front.

In the end all that needs to be done is just have a few legitimate buyers adding and not many real sellers then the price will move up. The price us manipulated down cause the 1000 eyes and longs are mostly loaded up wait ing on new investment money.

What I see at the moment is that the market values and supports BRN at 80 to 90 cents. Why because it's not selling below this level and new buyers do step up adding shares.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
This might not be the forum for this, so please just tell me or delete message.

I’ve spent the last 12 months following building and generally being in a state of excitement about BRN. Unfortunately, I’m not able to move huge sums across, just my 500-800 each month. Which will still make a big difference, once this bus takes flight ;)

My question now is; what options do I have if I’d like to invest say ~30k from my super fund specifically into BRN. And what are implications, if in 5-10 years that would see me retire with more than we could ever need (being that I won’t be 60’yet).

Asked my super fund. They where not super helpful. Also not interested in a completely self Manager super fund.

Thanks and happy Sunday.

Risk, opinions etc are all mine, DYOR as always.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

robsmark

Regular

I’ve spent the last 12 months following building and generally being in a state of excitement about BRN. Unfortunately, I’m not able to move huge sums across, just my 500-800 each month. Which will still make a big difference, once this bus takes flight ;)

My question now is; what options do I have if I’d like to invest say ~30k from my super fund specifically into BRN. And what are implications, if in 5-10 years that would see me retire with more than we could ever need (being that I won’t be 60’yet).

Asked my super fund. They where not super helpful. Also not interested in a completely self Manager super fund.

Thanks and happy Sunday.

I’m in this boat. Quite simply, you have to wait until you’re at retirement age before you can access either the shares, or the proceeds from the sale of the shares.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users

TopCat

Regular

Thanks and happy Sunday.

I’m in an industry super fund ( Cbus ) which has a feature which allows you to self manage a portion of your fund , I think up to 80%, to allow you to buy shares , etf’s etc , while they still manage the account as a whole.

Reactions: 8 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

Spiking Neural Networks -- Part III: Neuromorphic Communications

Show affiliations

Abstract​

Synergies between wireless communications and artificial intelligence are increasingly motivating research at the intersection of the two fields. On the one hand, the presence of more and more wirelessly connected devices, each with its own data, is driving efforts to export advances in machine learning (ML) from high performance computing facilities, where information is stored and processed in a single location, to distributed, privacy-minded, processing at the end user. On the other hand, ML can address algorithm and model deficits in the optimization of communication protocols. However, implementing ML models for learning and inference on battery-powered devices that are connected via bandwidth-constrained channels remains challenging. This paper explores two ways in which Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) can help address these open problems. First, we discuss federated learning for the distributed training of SNNs, and then describe the integration of neuromorphic sensing, SNNs, and impulse radio technologies for low-power remote inference.

Next-Generation Wireless Networks (NGWN) for Autonomous Intelligent Communications​

View this Special Issue

Research Article | Open Access
Volume 2021 |Article ID 9614520 | https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/9614520

Show citation

New Trends and Advancement in Next Generation Mobile Wireless Communication (6G): A Survey​

Sher Ali,1 Muhammad Sohail,2 Syed Bilal Hussain Shah,3 Deepika Koundal,4Muhammad Abul Hassan,5 Asrin Abdollahi,6 and Inam Ullah Khan7

Show more
Academic Editor: Abdul Basit
Published11 Dec 2021

Abstract​

As the commercial implementations of 5G networks have been initiated in different regions of the world, the focus of the researchers is bending towards the next generation of wireless communication. This research study intends to investigate the requisites of the fast establishment of the theoretical and practical measures for sixth generation (6G) wireless communication. To this end, this paper first outlined the existing research works that have considered different aspects of 6G, and then based on this existing works, the future vision is established. Then, the 6G vision is based on four types of connectivity and is summarized as “Wherever you think, everything follows your heart.” To fill the gap between the market requirements after one decade and the limited capabilities of 5G, different specifications of 6G that make it an appropriate replacement are discussed. Furthermore, different candidate technologies that can potentially realize the 6G communication are studied, followed by discussion on different challenges in the realization and possible research directions to cope with these challenges. By exploring the vision of future, its specification, and key candidate technologies, this paper attempts to summarize the general 6G framework. In addition, with mentioned challenges in realization of 6G, the aim of this paper is to guide the researcher and attract their interest to consider them.

1. Introduction​

Though the deployment of fifth-generation (5G) wireless communication is in the early phase, i.e., the associated features should be more enhanced, it is also essential to uniformly set the communication requirements of the upcoming information society and initiate the theoretical and practical projects on future wireless system generation (henceforth mentioned as 6G). To this end, we intend to investigate the requisites for the establishment of the theoretical and practical works on 6G from three perspectives: (i) 10-year gap between successive generations

3.1. Intelligent Connectivity

Nowadays, artificial intelligence (AI) has gained the interest of researchers and become the most active research topic. Therefore, almost every field is moving towards the utilization of AI technology. The AI enabled wireless communication network has become a foreseeable trend [32–48]. In recent times, people have started to attempt the utilization of AI in 5G system [49, 50]; however, the enabling of AI in 5G systems is possible only as optimization of conventional networks based on AI, instead of a new one. AI-enabled 5G will change the dynamics of the networks. Even though the initial 5G architecture is more flexible (software definable), but AI has not been considered in it, therefore, it is still considered to be conventional network architecture. Secondly, even though the development of AI technology is speedy enough, and in many areas, it has proven its performance efficiencies; still it is in the experimental phase in most of the other fields. The enabling of AI in wireless communication technology is in its early research phase, and a long-term research planning is desirable before the actual technology grows up to maturity.
The growing tendency towards AI indicates the high probability of technology growth in the upcoming decade. In addition, believing that the upcoming 6G networks will be growingly massive and heterogeneous, and different application scenarios will become growingly dynamic; the active use of AI is expected to cope with these challenges. It is envisioned that the upcoming 6G will bring a revolution in the applications scope of conventional cellular systems and turn into the main Internet supporting all the operations in every industry and society. If the upcoming generation networks still utilize the current unified communication models to handle the very complex and diverse applications in 6G era, it will be faced with many severe challenges [51]. Therefore, we consider that building the AI-based 6G network will be an unavoidable move, and “Intelligent” will be its essential feature, resulting in “Intelligent connectivity.”
The “Intelligent Connectivity” characteristic can be considered as an essential intellectualization of communication networks: intellectualization of connecting units (terminal devices) and intellectualization of network architecture and elements. In future, lots of issue will be faced in the realization of 6G networks: growingly massive and complex networks, massive densification of terminal devices, and complex business models. “Intelligent Connectivity” will simultaneously fulfil two demands: (1) all the connected network devices need to be intelligent and (2) the need of intelligent management for the growingly massive network.

7. Conclusion​

In this research paper, we have provided a detail and systematic survey on 6G wireless communication. This survey is carried out in such a way that initially, the literature on 6G and different practical research initiatives taken by different organizations are presented followed by the 6G vision, specifications, challenges, different candidate technologies, and future research directions. The vision of 6G is based on requirements that 5G is unable to fulfil and those services that 5G is unable to provide. To this end, the vision of 6G is categorized into four fundamental services: “Intelligent Connectivity,” “Deep Connectivity,” “Holographic Connectivity,” and “Ubiquitous Connectivity.” Based on discussed 6 visions, the achievable 6G goals are specified which are (a) latency minimization, (b) global connectivity, (c) massive connectivity, (d) enormously high data rates, (e) energy efficiency of network devices, (f) connection reliability, and (g) machine learning-based connected intelligence. To achieve these specified 6G goals, many potential technologies are proposed which include AI, FSO backhaul network, blockchain, UAVs, 3D networking, DNS, sensing-based communication, big data analytics, and some new spectrum-based technologies, e.g., terahertz spectrum and Optical Wireless Communications. To realize the vision of 6G and implementation of the potential candidate technologies to achieve the specified 6G goals, a lot of challenges will be faced which require intense research. These challenges include Peak Rate-Terabit, higher energy efficiency, connection everywhere and anytime, self-aggregating, high propagation and atmospheric absorption of THz, complexity in resource management for 3D networking, heterogeneous hardware constraints, autonomous wireless systems, modelling of sub-mmWave (THz) frequencies, and spectrum and interference management.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
I’m in an industry super fund ( Cbus ) which has a feature which allows you to self manage a portion of your fund , I think up to 80%, to allow you to buy shares , etf’s etc , while they still manage the account as a whole.
Thank you. But it still means I’d have to wait until retirement age, to access correct?

I’m in this boat. Quite simply, you have to wait until you’re at retirement age before you can access either the shares, or the proceeds from the sale of the shares.
Yep which defeats the purpose. I’d like to retire when funds allows me, not the government 😂🤣

Thank you

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

Thanks and happy Sunday.

Different super providers have different rules. :ROFLMAO:
For example CARE super allows me to have up to 20% of my balance in any one particular share that is listed in the ASX300 or better, along with certain ETF's that they recognise and endorse.
If your super allows it they will have a list somewhere on their website explaining their system.
However CARE's is a really clunky system and done only thru their broker and it is not an instant buy or sell situation.
There are forms to fill out and send in and then they forward it on and I recall it took days to execute when I first did it 12-18 months ago.
I remember ringing them each day and hassling to get it done as the price was rising daily at the time, meaning each day I was securing less and less shares.
Once it is setup though it seems relatively easy to sell (although I haven't as yet) by just issuing a sell order through the website.
Again though, it won't be an instant sell as it is if you are selling stock you own directly, because it will be executed by your super funds broker.
Any proceeds will then be transferred into another super account within your same fund.
Your fund owns any shares you get them to buy on your behalf and so when you tell them to sell, the money stays within the superannuation system. You won't be able to access any of it until you reach your preservation age or meet certain hardship or other criteria.

Anyway, bottom line is, your fund will have its own particular rules about this which should be available to you on their website or you may be able to set up a phone conversation to have it explained to you.
If not, there are plenty of options of managed super funds out there who will offer something similar to what I have outlined above who would be happy to organise the transfer of your super money into their tender care.
They all want your fees of course. :ROFLMAO:
You are just going to have to Do Your Own Research and find which of the myriad available options best suits your circumstances now and into the future.
Good luck and Happy Hunting.

• Fire
  • Love
For example CARE super allows me to have up to 20% of my balance in any one particular share that is listed in the ASX300 or better, along with certain ETF's that they recognise and endorse.
If your super allows it they will have a list somewhere on their website explaining their system.
However CARE's is a really clunky system and done only thru their broker and it is not an instant buy or sell situation.
There are forms to fill out and send in and then they forward it on and I recall it took days to execute when I first did it 12-18 months ago.
I remember ringing them each day and hassling to get it done as the price was rising daily at the time, meaning each day I was securing less and less shares.
Once it is setup though it seems relatively easy to sell (although I haven't as yet) by just issuing a sell order through the website.
Again though, it won't be an instant sell as it is if you are selling stock you own directly, because it will be executed by your super funds broker.
Any proceeds will then be transferred into another super account within your same fund.
Your fund owns any shares you get them to buy on your behalf and so when you tell them to sell, the money stays within the superannuation system. You won't be able to access any of it until you reach your preservation age or meet certain hardship or other criteria.

Anyway, bottom line is, your fund will have its own particular rules about this which should be available to you on their website or you may be able to set up a phone conversation to have it explained to you.
If not, there are plenty of options of managed super funds out there who will offer something similar to what I have outlined above who would be happy to organise the transfer of your super money into their tender care.
You are just going to have to Do Your Own Research and find which of the myriad available options best suits your circumstances now and into the future.
Thanks a lot! Yep it’s a maze ;).

Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

equanimous

Use cases for Akida on edge devices.

Magic of 5G Technology and Optimization Methods Applied to
Biomedical Devices: A Survey

1658020424245.png

1658020562940.png

4.3. Optimizations Using the Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Recently, artificial intelligence, big data analytic, and machine learning have become successful optimization tools and become subjects of industrial interests [72–74]. Zheng et al. presented the use of an artificial neural network (ANN) for estimating the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) radio frequency (RF) exposure for the implantable plate system where it considers the existing problems using the non-linear and high-dimensional features [75]. The general performance of the ANN is improved by using the mean impact value (MIV) and genetic algorithm (GA). The presented ANN in [75] includes six inputs, two hidden layers, and one output layer with the transfer function of ‘tan-sigmoid’ where the last outcomes are considered using the mean square error (MSE) algorithm. In this manuscript, the MIV algorithm is employed for deciding the inputs of the ANN and feature selections; additionally, the GA method is for optimizing and adjusting the weights and bias of the ANN. In [76], deep neural network (DNN) architecture is presented to be used in the biomedical image segmentation. The proposed method is named the evolutionary compression DNN method (ECDNN), where during the evolution, this method can simultaneously optimize the network loss and the number of parameters. In this study, the framework of the proposed ECDNN that is useful for biomedical image segmentation is presented. It consists of three steps where firstly the convolutional neural network (CNN) is constructed using the training dataset. Then, ECDNN reduces the size based on the CNNs and the searching of Pareto-optimal optimization. Thirdly, the final solution is selected from the Pareto-optimal set to compress the original model and update the method if required. The presented procedure is fast as it finds a solution for compressing CNNs in a single run. In clinical uses, the accuracy and robustness factors of brain–machine interfaces (BMIs) are key important specifications as BMIs could provide a situation for driving the robotic arm and computer cursor. Liang and Kao proposed the DNN method for optimizing encoders and synthesizing the motor cortical neural population activity [77] (see Figure 19).

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Thanks a lot! Yep it’s a maze ;).
Like the tax system and many other areas in life it’s made intentionally difficult so that we are all “encouraged” to pay fees to “experts” so we can navigate our way.
Gives me the screaming shits 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
I wanted to make sure 1000 eyes sleuths are aware of Youtube Date filtering, so you just get the newest stuff. I like to use Upload date, of one month. To use it on a tablet or phone, you have to click to Desktop mode.

Then I realized I would be sending over my browser's favorite list. Wow, the Brainchip thestockexchange is 5th. First is Google, then Maps, Radar rain, Traffic of course, then the fabulous 1000 eyes Brainchip forum!

View attachment 11600
also can be done with google search although it does throw some bannana's most of the time.

TECH

Regular
Good morning....

After our AGM concluded in late May I contacted the company (an individual) with my concern that or more to the point a question directly, squarely at, why the CEO threw in the line that the company was intending to employ a further 4 Non-Executive directors before this year was out, and "possibly" a fifth...as soon as that comment was made, my mind started cherning, why would we want to double the Board size, it seemed to me to be a little premature...Had another company or potential large investor put the word on the Board that if something were to play out over the next 6/12 months that this alleged company or large investor wanted or demanded a number of seats on the Board moving foward.

Anyway, the shutters went up (as predicted) and very recently I followed up with two specific questions to the company to see if they were prepared to elaborate on what clearly has been a change in direction, for example, no longer a chip company, as such, but solely an IP company.

In my opinion this business direction, that is, casually mentioning a plan surrounding the massive Board expansion, and I mean, pretty casually just throwing it out there at the AGM with really no foundation, well, I'm 100% convinced that something rather major is on the near horizon, as it's definitely 100% sensitive, whatever is going down, the Citicorp Nominees holding of over 174 Million that was recently exposed, surpassing our great Founder and long time No.1 stakeholder Peter Van, without even a whisper, tells me the roller coaster ride many of us have been on over the last 7 plus years, is about to become more curvier, hang on..somethings definitely at play, what I don't know, but my personal trust in both Peter and Anil leads me to think, great things are fast approaching.

From a wet & cold Sunday morning in Perth.....Tech x

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 136 users

Dang Son

Regular

I'm new to Australian Super.
It has Member Direct invest , an option you can put all but 5% into.
The 5% stays as cash in transaction account for tax etc .
Member Direct is an easy platform to operate but only allows 20% of the 95% be invested on each stock.
I placed my order for BRN and straight away could see it in Commsec orders/depths

Like the tax system and many other areas in life it’s made intentionally difficult so that we are all “encouraged” to pay fees to “experts” so we can navigate our way.
Gives me the screaming shits 🤣
Hi 👋 hop . If you shoot across to Zerohedge , today there is an article on how Nancy Pelosi has invested $8 million into Nividia recently and is now pushing for an August passing of a bill to tip $50 billion into the chip industry. Tweet her to see how you can do things more legally. What she is doing has to be nothing but good for Brainchip. Worth reading .

• Haha

equanimous

Estimating the Power Consumption of Heterogeneous Devices when performing AI Inference
  • The following paper confirms independently the statements by Nviso that Jetson Nano was only able to achieve 10 fps running their algorithms
  • AKIDA was able to achieve 250 to 1,000 fps.
  • Interestingly the researchers ran the same data via the cloud that they were testing Jetson Nano on and because of latency were only able to achieve 2 fps.
In my opinion there is no way that test vehicle Mercedes which was spotted in Australia with Nvidia on the side was running without Akida

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 47 users
Good morning....

After our AGM concluded in late May I contacted the company (an individual) with my concern that or more to the point a question directly, squarely at, why the CEO threw in the line that the company was intending to employ a further 4 Non-Executive directors before this year was out, and "possibly" a fifth...as soon as that comment was made, my mind started cherning, why would we want to double the Board size, it seemed to me to be a little premature...Had another company or potential large investor put the word on the Board that if something were to play out over the next 6/12 months that this alleged company or large investor wanted or demanded a number of seats on the Board moving foward.

Anyway, the shutters went up (as predicted) and very recently I followed up with two specific questions to the company to see if they were prepared to elaborate on what clearly has been a change in direction, for example, no longer a chip company, as such, but solely an IP company.

In my opinion this business direction, that is, casually mentioning a plan surrounding the massive Board expansion, and I mean, pretty casually just throwing it out there at the AGM with really no foundation, well, I'm 100% convinced that something rather major is on the near horizon, as it's definitely 100% sensitive, whatever is going down, the Citicorp Nominees holding of over 174 Million that was recently exposed, surpassing our great Founder and long time No.1 stakeholder Peter Van, without even a whisper, tells me the roller coaster ride many of us have been on over the last 7 plus years, is about to become more curvier, hang on..somethings definitely at play, what I don't know, but my personal trust in both Peter and Anil leads me to think, great things are fast approaching.

From a wet & cold Sunday morning in Perth.....Tech x
Hi Tech

I might be way off the mark but ever since Fact Finder left ( and that is no criticism of his actions) the picture there has been a distinct change in the mood and direction of comments on our site. In my opinion your comments here are extremely revealing - which way I am not sure but I remain a committed shareholder.

From a cold and windy Tasmania

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

Labsy

Regular
My 2 cents is, perhaps we can create an anonymous register of our collective holdings as a "Club membership" Maybe using initials and stock holdings. Then perhaps just some sincronicity in movements regarding voting etc. Working as a collective. This allows individuals the freedom to trade at will, stay anonymous, but give our "Akida Ballista members" some strength as a collective. I dunno... all other suggestions have sincere motives but are too intrusive financially I feel.
Regarding the citicorp holdings... I think it is reflective of corporate individuals and their friends in "the know", secretly accumulating personal holdings. It maybe be coincidence that the majority are using citicorp as an instrument, as it is one of the larger entities used for this purpose...
For me it is to date, the largest indicator of validation of future potential of our litter ripper...
What do I know? Just a thought.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Top Bottom