BRN Discussion Ongoing

Mccabe84

Regular
Had they already heard about Akida when you were selling them on Brainchip? :ROFLMAO:
Let’s just say the hyenas where surrounding my campsite at night time trying to find out more

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

RobjHunt

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So are you suggesting this is a good thing for us retail shareholders?
That they will be something like a cornerstone investor and once they have accumulated their desired position will task their bots etc to drive the price back up?
Any entity, buying over 10% in a company, is a good thing for retail share holders.

It illustrates huge confidence, in what the Company is doing.

They will play games, with their position, by lending shorts, but their obvious goal, is to accumulate, as much as they can..

This sends a clear signal to the rest of the market, that the stock is hot property!

Problem is, the rest of the market is not getting that message, because they are keeping their lips sealed, in breach of ASX rules (something they've been caught out and fined for, in the past).

The onus, is on Citicorp to inform Brainchip and the ASX, of their increasing holdings, for each 1%!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Any entity, buying over 10% in a company, is a good thing for retail share holders.

It illustrates huge confidence, in what the Company is doing.

They will play games, with their position, by lending shorts, but their obvious goal, is to accumulate, as much as they can..

This sends a clear signal to the rest of the market, that the stock is hot!

Problem is, the rest of the market is not getting that message, because they are keeping their lips sealed, in breach of ASX rules.

The onus, is on Citycorp to inform Brainchip and the ASX, of their increasing holdings, for each 1%!
As I understand it these threads are monitored by Tony D or other's from the Company so if they were not aware before, hopefully they will be shortly. Or do you think it worthwhile emailing Tony directly about this?

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Usually FactFinder, is the one who liaises with the Company, on matters like these..

What do we do???

View attachment 11160

Hi DB,

It's easy, someone just needs to contact investor relations & ask about it :)

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

White Horse

Regular
Hi DB,

It's easy, someone just needs to contact investor relations & ask about it :)
Just fired of an email to Tony D, I will let you know the result.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users
As I understand it these threads are monitored by Tony D or other's from the Company so if they were not aware before, hopefully they will be shortly. Or do you think it worthwhile emailing Tony directly about this?
That's my understanding too, re Tony.
I'm sure a few hundred will contact him over it, just hope everybody's not thinking the same thing and sitting on their hands..

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Hey Doz, any chance you can mosey back on in and get a digital copy or something, or do they slug ya?

I'm surprised that the gravity of this, isn't being taken up in earnest..

This is Heavy! (cue Doc Brown jokes)..

But seriously, Citicorp Nominees, has amassed over 100 million shares, in a little over 5 months, to a total of around 173 million shares, with over a 10% holding in BRN and is now the largest shareholder!

Mr Market, knows absolutely nothing about it??

Do people realise the implications to the market, if these facts were known?

Or am I missing something 🤔...
Evening Slade & DingoBorat,

Yes, I believe this information should definitely of been conveyed to shareholders, when Citi passed the 5 % holding.
Never mind their now 10.111% holding.

W T F.

having just had a quick look at BRN s company Constitution, (98 pages on my phone) , the new constitution was put out on 24th May 2022, I could not find any mandate within such document to compell the company to disclose such information to the ASX.
Having read the above i then went looking through the ASX Continuos Disclosure document.
page314,
Chapter three,
Substantial holder owns more than 5%
3:19.3 if the entity becomes "aware that the percentage of capitol or votes held by the class of ' persons referred to in rule 3:19.1 has ceased to be within 5 percentage points of the restriction , or to equal or exeed it , the entity must immediately tell ASX.

*Incredibly this only applies if it is written into the companys constitution , which in BRN s case thay seem to have forgotten to lnclude or left out deliberately ??

Personally I would have thought out of courtesy and good business practice such a event would have , should have been divulged to shareholders.

I spoke to Tony Dawe on or around the 23rd June regarding finding the share registry details, and more specifically my holding.
at the time from memory Tony said there had not realy been much movement in the top twenty.

W T F .

Unless Citi amassed their additional 100,000,000 odd shares in the last 19 days. ???

Tony did say thay would endevor to include a top 20 holder notice , possibly a top 50, in the upcoming Quarterly report , 4C. Seeing how thay said thay would on the last one , and forgot?, perhaps those that wish to see such a document produced with each 4C give Tony a call and reminde him and the company.

Don't get me wrong , Tony Dawe is a nice bloke so be polite , but we , shareholders also deserve respect also .

Not happy .

Esq.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 55 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Evening Slade & DingoBorat,

Yes, I believe this information should definitely of been conveyed to shareholders, when Citi passed the 5 % holding.
Never mind their now 10.111% holding.

W T F.

having just had a quick look at BRN s company Constitution, (98 pages on my phone) , the new constitution was put out on 24th May 2022, I could not find any mandate within such document to compell the company to disclose such information to the ASX.
Having read the above i then went looking through the ASX Continuos Disclosure document.
page314,
Chapter three,
Substantial holder owns more than 5%
3:19.3 if the entity becomes "aware that the percentage of capitol or votes held by the class of ' persons referred to in rule 3:19.1 has ceased to be within 5 percentage points of the restriction , or to equal or exeed it , the entity must immediately tell ASX.

*Incredibly this only applies if it is written into the companys constitution , which in BRN s case thay seem to have forgotten to lnclude or left out deliberately ??

Personally I would have thought out of courtesy and good business practice such a event would have , should have been divulged to shareholders.

I spoke to Tony Dawe on or around the 23rd June regarding finding the share registry details, and more specifically my holding.
at the time from memory Tony said there had not realy been much movement in the top twenty.

W T F .

Unless Citi amassed their additional 100,000,000 odd shares in the last 19 days. ???

Tony did say thay would endevor to include a top 20 holder notice , possibly a top 50, in the upcoming Quarterly report , 4C. Seeing how thay said thay would on the last one , and forgot?, perhaps those that wish to see such a document produced with each 4C give Tony a call and reminde him and the company.

Don't get me wrong , Tony Dawe is a nice bloke so be polite , but we , shareholders also deserve respect also .

Not happy .

Esq.
It's part of ASX continuous disclosure rules, but in this case, it's up to the shareholder, to tell the Company and the ASX.

There is no fault here, on BRN's side, as far as I see it, from what I've gleaned in the past hour..

I can't see how BRN, not having it in their Constitution, could affect ASX disclosure rules, on Citicorp.

Remember Citicorp has been caught not doing these kinds of things before..

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
If there an office in Melbourne where I can see the share register I might be able to pop in next week once I get back from overseas.
Evening Mccabe84,

When I spoke to the share registry only Sydney and Melbourne had physical viewing locations.

I spoke to:

Susan Kennedy
Client Services Associate
Boardroom Pty Limited
Level 12,
225 George Street,
Sydney,
D +61292909609
F +61292790664

Regards,
Esq.

Lex555

Regular
I only glanced..
But have read now..

ASX Disciplinary Matter – Citicorp Nominees Pty Ltd

ASX Limited’s Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) has determined that Citicorp Nominees Pty Ltd (“Citi”) did not comply with the following ASX Settlement Operating Rules (“ASX SR”):

• ASX SR 6.8A.5(a), being its obligation to report its Securities On Loan Position;

(shares lent to shorters)

• ASX SR 6.8A.5(c), being its obligation to report its Securities Committed Position;

• ASX SR 6.2.2, being its obligation to ensure that all information given to ASX Settlement is
complete, accurate and not misleading; and

• ASX SR 4.18, being its obligation to have adequate resources and processes to comply with its obligations under the rules,
(the “Contraventions”).

The CCO imposed a fine of $30,000 (plus GST) for the Contraventions

WTF!

They did all that and got a 30k fine?
They probably made 100s of thousands, if not millions!..

No wonder, they don't give a FF (not a reference to FactFinder) about reporting their increasing position in Brainchip.
Plus the shares they are lending for shorting, allows them to accumulate more.

Now the 1000 eyes have found out about it, what channels do we go through, to notify that toothless scrag (ASIC) to give them a limp wristed slap on the hand!?

At least then the Market, will then know about it!
I’m just glad they had to pay the GST, imagine the board meeting back in the US, a few backs to wall with the firing squad on that one

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Ok. Send up a flare if we hear something back from TD. I'm going back to Netflix to finish off Stranger Things. :alien:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

ndefries

Regular
Wondering if anyone has contacted Tony for an explanation.
Whoever is reaching out to Tony it would be great to get an updated top 20 shareholder list at the next 4C.

• Fire

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
It's part of ASX continuous disclosure rules, but in this case, it's up to the shareholder, to tell the Company and the ASX.

There is no fault here, on BRN's side, as far as I see it, from what I've gleaned in the past hour..

I can't see how BRN, not having it in their Constitution, could affect ASX disclosure rules, on Citycorp.

Remember Citicorp has been caught not doing this before..
Evening DingoBorat,

Another thought and quite likely eventuality...

Owning over 10% of the company I would imagine this would potentialy allow them to insert one of their own onto the BRN board...

Sean Hehir did say thay were looking to expand the board.. hence the expansion of the director renumeration pool.

Esq.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Any BRN comms link to shareholders would be appreciated at this point in time. This will do just fine...
Hi Quatrajos,

This does seem to be worth bringing to the company's attention, but we don't want to inundate the company with emails.

I don't think that @Fact Finder has resigned his post as honorary TSX shareholder liaison as I'm betting he has not sold all his shares.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Pretty sure we should wait and see if this claim by @Doz can be verified by more than just @Doz before anyone starts needing to reconsider their meds. No offence intended for the account @Doz on TSE... but this is pretty basic stuff really.
giphy-25.gif

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Galaxycar

Regular
What IR Representive ever works for its shareholders Tony is no exception gets paid to quell the natives,my guess has been we are in takeover for months even asked Tony directly by email,told me sheer speculation,unfounded.The minute he said that I knew he was shitting me, Whoever and I have said it before whoever it is has brought millions under suedo accounts using major brokerage houses,10.11 % Citigroup,5% another,and so on,ask yourself how many million does ARM from it’s failed takeover previously 12 billion,ask yourself what are they doing with it now and there lies the answer. They don’t want it announced because they are trying to accumalate to stop anyone else getting a toe in. Pure speculation on my part yes,but it fits better than my step one undies

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Evening DingoBorat,

Another thought and quite likely eventuality...

Owning over 10% of the company I would imagine this would potentialy allow them to insert one of their own onto the BRN board...

Sean Hehir did say thay were looking to expand the board.. hence the expansion of the director renumeration pool.

Esq.
Consider that each 1% of Brainchip, that Citicorp bought, is approximately 17 million shares.
So that's probably a minimum of 3 trading days.

There should have been a change in substantial holding notice at..

5%
6%
7%
8%
9%
and 10%..

They couldn't have breached 2 of these levels, in one period.

So that's 6 change in Substantial Holding Notices over a few short months.

How do you think, this would have affected market sentiment, towards Brainchip?

That's a rhetorical question 😛

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

White Horse

Regular
Pretty sure we should wait and see if this claim by @Doz can be verified by more than just @Doz before anyone starts needing to reconsider their meds. No offence intended for the account @Doz on TSE... but this is pretty basic stuff really. View attachment 11161
Maybe well should ask his optometrist. I think you should retract that statement.

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom