BRN Discussion Ongoing

robsmark

Regular
From my experience, dealers generally have no idea. Certainly, unless they are on this forum, would have no idea about the chips/processors used in the car.

Also, Mercedes has been pretty clear that AKIDA is only being implemented in the EQS. Any model prior will not have Akida. After though.......
True, but they’d know if they had ‘Hey Mercedes’ in them or not...

Reactions: 3 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Hey Mercedes has been part of their infotainment system for years. Akida just makes it more efficient.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

robsmark

Regular
Hey Mercedes has been part of their infotainment system for years. Akida just makes it more efficient.
I wasn’t aware of that, but I’d bet sales staff would have received information relating to upgrades In this system. Infotainment is a reasonable factor in vehicle selection/sales.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Pappagallo

Regular
Only 8 fuck it I’m selling up.

I’d be interested to know the exact composition of these “8” car companies. For example if one of them is Stellantis or VW Group or GM or even Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi then the actual number of brands involved is much higher.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 30 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I wasn’t aware of that, but I’d bet sales staff would have received information relating to upgrades In this system. Infortainment is a factor in vehicle selection/sales.
True that they would be advised of upgrades. In my opinion though, "hey Mercedes" being more efficient is not really a big selling point or upgrade to the average punter. It is a very specific item and the major upgrade would be that the car is more energy efficient overall. Like the Vision EQS to be able to drive over 1000km on a single charge. That's the selling point! We know why it is more efficient, but the dealer couldn't care less if Akida is driving this efficiency.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Wags

Regular
i think "hey Mercedes" has been around for awhile. a friend has this flash little red Mercedes and I know he can open the sunroof with voice. loops, sorry, should read all b4 posting,. ha

Reactions: 5 users
D

Deleted member 118

Not sure if I’ve seen this older interview posted with the CEO from Prophesee

Plenty of time on my hands as I’m up in Weipa working really hard.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Reuben

Founding Member
i think "hey Mercedes" has been around for awhile. a friend has this flash little red Mercedes and I know he can open the sunroof with voice. loops, sorry, should read all b4 posting,. ha
it has been around from the 2018 models, i have the 2017 model and it doesnt have the Hey Mercedes function whereas my friends 2018 model has it :cool: prior to 2018 , Mercedes has Linguatronic feature which most cars makers have (i think) where you can ask to call a spectific person or any basic feature,

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

MM91

Emerged
Regarding the Merc EQS, I went in to build my own and found this under the MBUX hyper screen

"The displays of the OLED central display are designed to be as simple as possible for you. Using artificial intelligence, the innovative zero-layer interface recommends the correct functions for you at the right time. As such you can carry out most of your input requests directly on the home screen (main view) without having to switch to a submenu. By way of example, If you call a specific person every Tuesday on the way home, you will see a call recommendation in the central display on this weekday at the appropriate time. Furthermore, haptic feedback helps to make operation easier while driving."

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I’d be interested to know the exact composition of these “8” car companies. For example if one of them is Stellantis or VW Group or GM or even Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi then the actual number of brands involved is much higher.

Hi @Pappagallo, you would have to think one of the 8 car companies would be Hyundai Motor Group. Take a peek at this excerpt from one of their blogs written in Novemebr 2019 in which they talk about Emotion Recognition Technology that can analyze driver facial expressions to create a better driving environment. It's interesting becasue Hyundai talks about how this technology relies on the cloud. So, if Hyundai Motor Group don't know about NVISO & BrainChip in this space, then they need to hurry up and get on the bus! 🚌

Extract

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 10.49.16 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Slade

Top 20
From now on I will be sticking to what the BrainChip team have told us:

Efficient. Effective.
Everywhere.​

Essential AI. Close to the sensor. Inspired by the human brain. We’re embedding our IP in everything, everywhere.

Fran Healy Shut Up GIF by Travis

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Wags

Regular
Hi @Pappagallo, you would have to think one of the 8 car companies would be Hyundai Motor Group. Take a peek at this excerpt from one of their blogs written in Novemebr 2019 in which they talk about Emotion Recognition Technology that can analyze driver facial expressions to create a better driving environment. It's interesting becasue Hyundai talks about how this technology relies on the cloud. So, if Hyundai Motor Group don't know about NVISO & BrainChip in this space, then they need to hurry up and get on the bus! 🚌

Extract

View attachment 10893

Hi Bravo and all.
Yesterday our car was in for a service and the loan car was a Suburu Forester, relatively new with 7000 kms on clock. Whilst driving it, it "beeped" at me several times with text on the screen "Keep your eyes on the Road".
Not sure if there are other new suburu owners here, but I assume the car is not connected to the cloud, yet is doing some sort of facial monitoring?? Ive planned to check out their website but just haven't got to it as yet.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Hi Bravo and all.
Yesterday our car was in for a service and the loan car was a Suburu Forester, relatively new with 7000 kms on clock. Whilst driving it, it "beeped" at me several times with text on the screen "Keep your eyes on the Road".
Not sure if there are other new suburu owners here, but I assume the car is not connected to the cloud, yet is doing some sort of facial monitoring?? Ive planned to check out their website but just haven't got to it as yet.
I found this. Seems to be using cameras and infrared but note that the disclaimer says performance is based on technical and environmental conditions.

Driver Monitoring System – Driver Focus1 (DMS)
The Driver Monitoring System – Driver Focus keeps a watchful eye over the driver to help ensure their attention is focused on the road ahead. Using an infrared LED and a camera, the system monitors the driver for signs of inattention or sleepiness and if detected, warns them to refocus their attention. The innovative system can also recognise up to five individual drivers, memorising their preset preferences and adjusting the cabin environment for both their safety and comfort

No matter how diligent you are as a driver, distractions can happen at any moment. That’s why Subaru’s revolutionary Driver Monitoring System – Driver Focus keeps a watchful eye over the driver to help ensure their attention is focused on the road ahead. Using an infrared LED and a camera, the system monitors the driver for signs of inattention or sleepiness and if detected, warns them to refocus their attention. The system’s intelligent facial recognition also recognises up to five individual drivers, memorising their preset preferences and adjusting the cabin environment – including climate control, instrument settings and Multi Information Display screen - for both their safety and comfort.

1. Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Wags

Regular
I found this. Seems to be using cameras and I feared but note that the disclaimer says performance is based on technical and environmental conditions.

Driver Monitoring System – Driver Focus1 (DMS)
The Driver Monitoring System – Driver Focus keeps a watchful eye over the driver to help ensure their attention is focused on the road ahead. Using an infrared LED and a camera, the system monitors the driver for signs of inattention or sleepiness and if detected, warns them to refocus their attention. The innovative system can also recognise up to five individual drivers, memorising their preset preferences and adjusting the cabin environment for both their safety and comfort

No matter how diligent you are as a driver, distractions can happen at any moment. That’s why Subaru’s revolutionary Driver Monitoring System – Driver Focus keeps a watchful eye over the driver to help ensure their attention is focused on the road ahead. Using an infrared LED and a camera, the system monitors the driver for signs of inattention or sleepiness and if detected, warns them to refocus their attention. The system’s intelligent facial recognition also recognises up to five individual drivers, memorising their preset preferences and adjusting the cabin environment – including climate control, instrument settings and Multi Information Display screen - for both their safety and comfort.

1. Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
Thanks AG,
For those that watched the Nvsio webinar last night, Suburu probably using one of those old Pre Akida systems the Tim spoke about.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Well, well, well, look what I found (no, it isn't 3 holes in the ground 🤭)!

This is the NextPerception Project which has/is receiving funding ( a measily € 28 707 669,50 😲) from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program No. 876487.

Do you think we should contact the EU to let them know that they can stop funding further research on this project since BrainChip & NVISO already have this covered?

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 11.13.01 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 11.13.29 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users
From my experience, dealers generally have no idea. Certainly, unless they are on this forum, would have no idea about the chips/processors used in the car.

Also, Mercedes has been pretty clear that AKIDA is only being implemented in the EQS. Any model prior will not have Akida. After though.......
"Also, Mercedes has been pretty clear that AKIDA is only being implemented in the EQS"

Have they stated, that it would only be in the EQS?

AKIDA implemented in the MBUX system, did a whole lot more, than "just" improve efficiency.
Increased "naturalness" and reponsiveness of the system, were noted (from memory).

The latest iteration of the MBUX, just won an award or something, for how much it had improved.

In my opinion, with Mercedes drive, to always have the best.
The only reason they would not be implementing the AKIDA upgraded version now, would be because the chips (possiblly designed through MegaChips) hadn't been produced yet..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
"Also, Mercedes has been pretty clear that AKIDA is only being implemented in the EQS"

Have they stated, that it would only be in the EQS?

AKIDA implemented in the MBUX system, did a whole lot more, than "just" improve efficiency.
Increased "naturalness" and reponsiveness of the system, were noted (from memory).

The latest iteration of the MBUX, just won an award or something, for how much it had improved.

In my opinion, with Mercedes drive, to always have the best.
The only reason they would not be implementing the AKIDA upgraded version now, would be because the chips (possiblly designed through MegaChips) hadn't been produced yet..

Implementing a new system in a car takes more than a few months though. The features of a new model are locked in well in advance of production. I can't see how it would be logistically possible to roll out Akida into a model that has just hit the production line given they have only implemented it previously in one concept car (in January). I like to dream too but I think you probably answered your own question. Megachips probably haven't even finalised the chips. Don't get me wrong, I would love for every model to have this implemented moving forward but concept car features trickle down to production cars over year, not months.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Well, well, well, look what I found (no, it isn't 3 holes in the ground 🤭)!

This is the NextPerception Project which has/is receiving funding ( a measily € 28 707 669,50 😲) from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program No. 876487.

Do you think we should contact the EU to let them know that they can stop funding further research on this project since BrainChip & NVISO already have this covered?

View attachment 10897

View attachment 10898
I reckon Nviso would be all over this along with their secret sauce😉😉

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom