BRN Discussion Ongoing

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Latest update (2022.20) hasn't come through yet.

Will let you know if there is any further details in the accompanying Release Notes.

Cheers.

Reactions: 1 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
The US is urging the Netherlands to ban ASML Holding NV from selling technology to China that is essential to a majority of global chip production, according to informed sources. As can be heard, the focus is on some systems from the field of deep ultraviolet lithography, which are most common in the production of chips for cars, cell phones, computers and robots.

1657109722697.png

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist

Regarding the above. I am now confident that I was not suppose to find the above and that I will not receive any response from Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Well if we are not going to talk about it then let’s all see it-
please open up the link and check it / read it and see it-remember with the MERCEDES scenario- the CEO said “it is something he cannot talk about”

CNN RNN Processor
FIRM: SILICON SPACE TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION PI: Jim Carlquist Proposal #:H6.22-4509
NON-PROPRIETARY DATA
Objectives
The goal of this project is the creation of a radiation-hardened Spiking Neural Network (SNN) SoC based on the BrainChip Akida Neuron Fabric IP. Akida is a member of a small set of existing SNN architectures structured to more closely emulate computation in a human brain. The rationale for using a Spiking Neural Network (SNN) for Edge AI Computing is because of its efficiencies. The neurmorphic approach used in the Akida architecture takes fewer MACs per operation since it creates and uses sparsity of both weights and activation by its event-based model. In addition, Akida reduces memory consumption by quantizing and compressing network parameters. This also helps to reduce power consumption and die size while maintaining performance.
Spiking Neural Network Block Diagram
ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Notable Deliverables Provided
• Design and Manufacturing Plans
• Radiation Testing Plan (included in Final report)
• Technical final report
Key Milestones Met
• Understand Akida Architecture
• Understand 28nm Implementation
• Evaluate Radiation Vulnerability of the IP Through the Akida
Development Environment
• Define Architecture of Target IC
• Define how HARDSIL® will be used in Target IC
• Create Design and Manufacturing Plans
• Define the Radiation Testing Plan to Establish the Radiation
Robustness of the IC
FUTURE PLANNED DEVELOPMENTS
Planned Post-Phase II Partners
We received five Letters of Support for this project. Two of which will provide capital infusion to keep the project going, one for aid in radiation testing, and the final two for use in future space flights.
Planned/Possible Mission Infusion
NASA is keen to increase the performance of its autonomous rovers to allow for greater speeds. Current routing methodologies limit speeds to 4cm/sec while NASA has a goal to be able to have autonomous rovers traverse at speeds up to 20km/hr. Early calculations show the potential for this device to process several of the required neural network algorithms fast enough to meet this goal.
Planned/Possible Mission Commercialization
A detailed plan is included in the Phase I final submittal to commercialized a RADHARD flight ready QML, SNN SoC to be available for NASA and commercial use.

1657110571528.png

———————————————-
AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

Hrdwk

Regular
Well if we are not going to talk about it then let’s all see it-
please open up the link and check it / read it and see it-remember with the MERCEDES scenario- the CEO said “it is something he cannot talk about”

CNN RNN Processor
FIRM: SILICON SPACE TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION PI: Jim Carlquist Proposal #:H6.22-4509
NON-PROPRIETARY DATA
Objectives
The goal of this project is the creation of a radiation-hardened Spiking Neural Network (SNN) SoC based on the BrainChip Akida Neuron Fabric IP. Akida is a member of a small set of existing SNN architectures structured to more closely emulate computation in a human brain. The rationale for using a Spiking Neural Network (SNN) for Edge AI Computing is because of its efficiencies. The neurmorphic approach used in the Akida architecture takes fewer MACs per operation since it creates and uses sparsity of both weights and activation by its event-based model. In addition, Akida reduces memory consumption by quantizing and compressing network parameters. This also helps to reduce power consumption and die size while maintaining performance.
Spiking Neural Network Block Diagram
ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Notable Deliverables Provided
• Design and Manufacturing Plans
• Radiation Testing Plan (included in Final report)
• Technical final report
Key Milestones Met
• Understand Akida Architecture
• Understand 28nm Implementation
• Evaluate Radiation Vulnerability of the IP Through the Akida
Development Environment
• Define Architecture of Target IC
• Define how HARDSIL® will be used in Target IC
• Create Design and Manufacturing Plans
• Define the Radiation Testing Plan to Establish the Radiation
Robustness of the IC
FUTURE PLANNED DEVELOPMENTS
Planned Post-Phase II Partners
We received five Letters of Support for this project. Two of which will provide capital infusion to keep the project going, one for aid in radiation testing, and the final two for use in future space flights.
Planned/Possible Mission Infusion
NASA is keen to increase the performance of its autonomous rovers to allow for greater speeds. Current routing methodologies limit speeds to 4cm/sec while NASA has a goal to be able to have autonomous rovers traverse at speeds up to 20km/hr. Early calculations show the potential for this device to process several of the required neural network algorithms fast enough to meet this goal.
Planned/Possible Mission Commercialization
A detailed plan is included in the Phase I final submittal to commercialized a RADHARD flight ready QML, SNN SoC to be available for NASA and commercial use.

View attachment 10797
———————————————-
AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS
Literally to the Moon

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Zedjack33

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 2 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist

Regarding the above. I am now confident that I was not suppose to find the above and that I will not receive any response from Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi- FF maybe this is why Silicon Space Technology Corporation now - Vorago have this agreement to Collaborate still active - maybe now an NDA.

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Dhm

Regular
Latest update (2022.20) hasn't come through yet.

Will let you know if there is any further details in the accompanying Release Notes.

Cheers.
Aren’t we getting a little ahead of ourselves here? It is only a software update. For this to be our contribution Akida would already have been embedded in the cars. I wish it were so.

Reactions: 8 users

D36E5A03-4F82-444B-9066-5F88A1FE00BF.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

MDhere

Regular
I posted this on Twitter last night.....

Oh well! 😂

Akida Ballista baby 🔥
don't know about this in twitter. on here yes but twitter not sure. It's Nasa. Brainchip have a number of very sensitive clients who don't necessarily want to go public before time and 1000 eyes are super detectives. Sometimes i thimk the knowledge we know is perhaps well in advamce. I'm not up there with what you can and can't put up on twitter so this is purely my thoughts. But yes kudos to the find and a great find at that. We know it and now the world knows it Akida is on a rocketship.

Akida Ballista

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

stuart888

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Awesome! The myriad of solid dots equals mega validation, on both the (1) Technology and the (2) People behind it. Our people have to be impressing too, as they must be preforming very well in very serious meetings with other Spiking Neural Network tech-geek-heads. I think our Brainchip-Geek-Heads are winning. All I hear is a steady flow of good news, more ongoing Nasa next steps another example. If our people were not fantastic too, they would be long gone.

At the same time, there is massive industry news/announcements of the Far-Edge-AI Low Power Sensors focus. Everyone wants in this new blasting industry.

Seems to me this Fact Finder special just cements in Validation for the Team/People equally to the technology solutions.

Side Note: I saw 2 Cape Canaveral Launches last week. The first SpaceX booster was the same one that was used 45 days before. We watched from the beach behind the hotel. Those things landing on the Drone Barge is nuts! Plus the newest Disney Wish Cruise Ship came into the port for the first time. I started thinking about all the Akida SNN Use Cases on a cruise ship!

1657139297303.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
D

Deleted member 118

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I guess you know who Jim Carlquist is?

8766B427-5456-4006-86B4-C61366B51307.png

Who has worked on 4 projects for NASA

D718B4E4-C112-47F2-BCCC-47E5CD7DDA19.png
01BAC453-E661-4BA3-B902-9E7792287367.png

including the RISC-V

And what you found @factfinder I thought it was old news?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Lex555

Regular

I wouldn’t read too much into this, posters on Twitter love linking names (shout-outs) to attract attention, which this looks like

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Tailz6

Emerged
Maybe someone has asked this question already ( i have a few pages to catchup on) but if Moschip are actively talking about using Brainchip’s IP why has there been no announcement?
They might have purchased through megachips? I raised the question a while ago as to Megachips ability to on sell our IP licence. MC don't need to disclose everytime they sell it.
Which means companies wishing to fly under the radar can purchase through MC without the world knowing.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Lex555

Regular
Some days being on here feels like we get access to ‘Insider Trading’ without the restrictions 😋
For me I see anything under $5bn mc, ala $3 as a discount to intrinsic value.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Pmel

Regular

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707-072852_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220707-072852_Samsung Internet.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

Tony Coles

Regular
You tube video! 30 minutes ago.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users
D

Deleted member 118

I’ve just spent the last hour digging into AL/ML usages in NASA and Army etc and have posted my findings in the Nasa section. Good to see so many projects underway in 2022

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Top Bottom