BRN Discussion Ongoing

F

Filobeddo

Are you the homeless guy I talked into buying Brainchip instead of coffee. I have been trying to catch you to congratulate you on making the effort to turn your life around.

Well done. 🎉🎉👍👍👍🤡

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Haha, Hey I wish to remain anonymous….

& yes I do make no effort 😂😂

1657155856743.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
You tube video! 30 minutes ago.

Very good podcast and so great to get an insight into the background and mindset of Jerome Nadel.
Some of the points made which particularly caught my attention and paraphrased by me.
Highly recommend everyone to listen for themselves.

Re speaking of our focus on Edge devices.....
We are no longer tethered by mouse and monitor. Sensors are our interface with the digital world. Intelligent sensors allow a more seamless interaction with that world.

His process since coming onboard Brainchip......
Looking to the end user experience. Finding a synthesis re what is our purpose? What is our use case?
Coalescence, systematise, essentialise, refinement, alignment.

His role. Not just Downstream marketing........
But Upstream marketing- Strategy, positioning, Go to market.

Our enabled sensors will allow for an authenticated, permissioned and optimised environment.

All the usual talk of the massive power savings and efficiency of our design along with our advantages re our autonomous inference and on device learning ability.............

As you would expect he articulates our advantages and broad applications admirably.
All of the above is but a mere teaser, so "Do yourself a favour"...;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users
I have reported myself for this post.
Zeeb0t may be busy so I editied to remove content 😊
As you were chippers.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Shadow59

Regular
So let me get this straight....

Have I understood this tweet correctly from which I make the following 'blind Freddie' assumptions?

Edge Impulse (EI) are a BRN partner. (I already know this)

Assumptions:
EI can offer AKIDA IP to their customer base via various partners they connect with. When a new product is designed and available with Akida inside EI can link this tech to their customers like Tesla in this tweet.
Tesla is an EI customer using them to keep some systems up to date
EI can upload alterations to Tesla's configuration to improve vehicle safety.
Therefore EI can upload Akida, if not used already, to all Teslas going forward.
This includes those already on the roads and those being manufactured.

Wow! what a way to fast track revenue via royalties.
The ability to Update all premade vehicles, not just Tesla, for any of our partners is possible.
Royalties are therefore possible for past produced products not just those being conceived today and tomorrow....

That’s again a mind-blowing concept/opportunity.
I'm pretty sure you cannot upload Akida.
Akida is hardware.
Akida can be updated via an upload.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Very good podcast and so great to get an insight into the background and mindset of Jerome Nadel.
Some of the points made which particularly caught my attention and paraphrased by me.
Highly recommend everyone to listen for themselves.

Re speaking of our focus on Edge devices.....
We are no longer tethered by mouse and monitor. Sensors are our interface with the digital world. Intelligent sensors allow a more seamless interaction with that world.

His process since coming onboard Brainchip......
Looking to the end user experience. Finding a synthesis re what is our purpose? What is our use case?
Coalescence, systematise, essentialise, refinement, alignment.

His role. Not just Downstream marketing........
But Upstream marketing- Strategy, positioning, Go to market.

Our enabled sensors will allow for an authenticated, permissioned and optimised environment.

All the usual talk of the massive power savings and efficiency of our design along with our advantages re our autonomous inference and on device learning ability.............

As you would expect he articulates our advantages and broad applications admirably.
All of the above is but a mere teaser, so "Do yourself a favour"...;)
Concur with everything you said Hoppy. I may have misread the conversation regarding chip sales as still being part of the business??
I need to re-listen but that was my initial impression.

Reactions: 6 users
S

Straw

The charting Gods have decreed that it must needs "CLOSE THE GAP!" before proceeding. :ROFLMAO:

Ya the inbred hillbilly gods of corporate institutionalisation.
Led by the Balrog of Deliverance.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Concur with everything you said Hoppy. I may have misread the conversation regarding chip sales as still being part of the business??
I need to re-listen but that was my initial impression.
Found what I was referring to at the 14.45 mark. He refers to these smaller companies as "respectfully simple customers" looking to get an edge and enhance a particular product.
So for me that is chip sales. I know it's not going to be a giant money spinner but if we have potentially 100s maybe 1000s of these little guys who knows

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Akida is hardware.

Thanks, Shadow59
I knew I had to have that wrong
I actually think I knew that, didnt think through the excitement.
Way too much happening atm...
I will remove my original post not wanting to lead newbies astray.
Hate people to invest in BRN on the wrong pretence lol..
They should find the right reasons to invest in this Ubiquitous technology.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
That is what I like to see poor people buying small parcels of shares with their spare change instead of wasting their money on luxury items.

It sets a great example for their children. I am glad the ASX has changed the marketable parcel rules to allow everyone to share in the wealth.😂🤣😂🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

There will be a time when...

IMG_20200506_160003.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Slade

Top 20
Akida is hardware.
I get the confusion between hardware and software. If someone would like to explain it as it relates to Brainchip that would be very much appreciated. In my day, software referred to computer programs while hardware referred to the physical items that these programs were connected to. For someone who has not updated their computer knowledge for many moons it is easy to think of BrainChips IP as software.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I get the confusion between hardware and software. If someone would like to explain it as it relates to Brainchip that would be very much appreciated. In my day, software referred to computer programs while hardware referred to the physical items that these programs were connected to. For someone who has not updated their computer knowledge for many moons it is easy to think of BrainChips IP as software.
Hi Slade,

Akida 1000 SoC is hardware - the main part of which is an array of 80 NPUs arranged in nodes of 4 NPUs. Each NPU is an arrangement of transistors forming digital logic gates adapted to compare input "spikes" (activations) with stored digital bits (weights) representing images in a previously collected library of images. The activations and weights can be selected to be either 1, 2, or 4-bits, trading speed and power for accuracy.

1657161575526.png

Akida 1-bit NPU:

1657195750921.png

MetaTF includes a computer program to simulate the performance of the Akida SoC, although this will be slower and more power hungry than the hardware.

The main part of the Akida IP is data defining the physical configuration of the transistors which make up Akida SoC logic gates. This is encrypted so only BrainChip and Socionext/TSC have access to the information.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users
At Brainchip they have the ADE or AKIDA Development Environment. It is a software emulation of the AKIDA hardware. If you go to the AERO paper published by Brainchip late 2019 early 2020 they use the ADE to identify the 20 gas data set with state of the art performance using only 200 simulated neurons. They then predict that once implemented in hardware the performance will be improved.

So you can implement the AKIDA in software.

The IP or intellectual property is the design of the actual neural fabric so that you can build an AKIDA in hardware.

So in situations where you are not concerned with latency or power you could implement AKIDA in software and run it on old school Von Neumann hardware.

Now as I have said I am a technophobe, old and a retired lawyer who knows nothing so don’t rely on a single word I say and DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 38 users
Found what I was referring to at the 14.45 mark. He refers to these smaller companies as "respectfully simple customers" looking to get an edge and enhance a particular product.
So for me that is chip sales. I know it's not going to be a giant money spinner but if we have potentially 100s maybe 1000s of these little guys who knows
Another take on the simple customer needs is they require the eco system partners (edge impulse, arm etc) to put together a chip that meets their requirements. They don’t have the tech resources to design etc. this is the genius move of connecting and partnerships in the eco system to allow more diverse take up of the technology. The big players can take IP and design etc themselves.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
I don’t believe so what this is an acknowledgment of is the need to have an ecosystem where Brainchip engineers can work with Edge Impulse and ARM to create the semiconductor for them as they will not have the capacity to develop it in house and then ARM will hold their hand through the process of having the chip manufactured by a foundry like TSMC.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Slade

Top 20
Hi Slade,

Akida 1000 SoC is hardware - the main part of which is an array of 80 NPUs arranged in nodes of 4 NPUs. Each NPU is an arrangement of transistors forming digital logic gates adapted to compare input "spikes" (activations) with stored digital bits (weights) representing images in a previously collected library of images. The activations and weights can be selected to be either 1, 2, or 4-bits, trading speed and power for accuracy.

MetaTF includes a computer program to simulate the performance of the Akida SoC, although this will be slower and more power hungry than the hardware.

The main part of the Akida IP is data defining the physical configuration of the transistors which make up Akida SoC logic gates. This is encrypted so only BrainChip and Socionext/TCS have access to the information.
Nice one Diogenese. Makes much more sense to me now.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Slade

Top 20
At Brainchip they have the ADE or AKIDA Development Environment. It is a software emulation of the AKIDA hardware. If you go to the AERO paper published by Brainchip late 2019 early 2020 they use the ADE to identify the 20 gas data set with state of the art performance using only 200 simulated neurons. They then predict that once implemented in hardware the performance will be improved.

So you can implement the AKIDA in software.

The IP or intellectual property is the design of the actual neural fabric so that you can build an AKIDA in hardware.

So in situations where you are not concerned with latency or power you could implement AKIDA in software and run it on old school Von Neumann hardware.

Now as I have said I am a technophobe, old and a retired lawyer who knows nothing so don’t rely on a single word I say and DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Good to get it explained in two versions. Appreciate it FF

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Tesla's pot-hole detection is achieved through "hive mind technology", which uses over the air updates enabling cars to share information with each other to better manage changing weather conditions, traffic incidents and road conditions. However this requires connectivity and most of the roads that have the worst pot-holes are in areas with low to no connectivity.

Another disadvantage of this system, (aside from concerns about updates being hacked) is that it requires that at least one vehicle to drop into a pot-hole in order for the system to recognise and communicate that pothole to other vehicles.

Peter Van Der Made has spoken about BrainChip's future networks (AKIDA 2000 and AKIDA 3000) being able to learn the difference between a plastic bag or a rock because they will learn from the sequences of events and the behaviour of objects in the physical world. I expect that if plastic bags can be detected, then potholes would be able to be detected too and no-one will need to worry about falling into a giant pothole in the middle of the Bungle-Bungles because AKIDA isn't reliant on connectivity.

❤️🧠🍟

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Slade

Top 20
I am getting very excited by the way Renesas are ramping up their marketing related to voice and face recognition.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom