BRN Discussion Ongoing

F

Filobeddo

I believe so.

1. “We cannot comment”
Acknowledges the existence of the document and what is contained therein and does not deny the likelihood that it is correct.

2. “Ignoring the document”
Does not admit of its existence in anyway. It meets an obligation not to say anything about the NASA engagement as referenced by Rob Telson and suggests that the public accessibility of this document was not a planned event.

I personally see a significant problem with this document. It contains a reference to letters making financial offers and it might be that if Brainchip were to acknowledge the document the ASX might then feel empowered to demand details of these funding offers.

This could create for Brainchip a rock and hard place with the ASX the rock and NASA and US National Security the hard place.

Particularly as the Director of NASA has politicised the Moon today by claiming that China is attempting to claim full territorial rights over it for military strategic purposes.

It is clear there is a real live Moon race in play between the super powers that might be won autonomously at 20 kph.

So my opinion only and speculation and DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Oh No, Pooh on the moon 😉

1657092186923.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Wow the performance improvement of the rover (autonomous vehicle) of 139 times is mind boggling if due to Akida Technology on the edge (and seems so)and has significant implications - interesting is the letters of commitment for deployment on 2 space missions NOT necessarily NASA and we know who else is in this game

No wonder BRN is in full Schultz mode of I know nothing.
A quick Google of Wiki reveals that the Perseverance Rover on Mars in well over a year has only travelled a little over 11 kilometres.

Clearly being able to achieve anything like the 20 kph is a groundbreaking technological leap.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hi - i just want to mention- 1) Brainchipinc.com- Monthly Newsletter due for publication- last one was -7th June 22- out any day now.

and 2) - the hours away soon to be released Podcast - VPWS - Rob Telson with CMO Jerome Nadel to -
"discuss the opportunities for BrainChip’s neuromorphic technology to become the de facto standard in AI at the Edge."

We have all heard those words before- so no bones about it - and the only Commercial Available Neuromorphic SoC.
Should be interesting- both the Monthly News Letter and the Podcast.

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS.
Podcast release scheduled for July 6, 2022, at 3:00 PDT.

That’s July 7, 2022, at 8:00am AEST—giving us opportunity to listen before the market open.

• Love
Reactions: 29 users

Rskiff

Regular
A quick Google of Wiki reveals that the Perseverance Rover on Mars in well over a year has only travelled a little over 11 kilometres.

Clearly being able to achieve anything like the 20 kph is a groundbreaking technological leap.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
And another problem the past rovers had was dust build up on solar panels limiting the energy. With the speed now, dust may not build up as much.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
I suggested Northrop Grumman as one of those that provided a letter. The following link and the video supports this proposition particularly the video when the second last presenter speaks about the speed of operation when operating autonomously:

My opinion and speculation only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Nice Slade.

So the questions for me.

Presso by "Vice President - Marketing & Business Development" (sales) not a specific R&D Tech Head or engineer for a technical audience.

Wording for the conclusion is like a pitch for a product ready to go and implies to me almost a fait accompli...like to see a licencing deal please :)

View attachment 10718
Maybe someone has asked this question already ( i have a few pages to catchup on) but if Moschip are actively talking about using Brainchip’s IP why has there been no announcement?

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Mt09

Regular
Maybe someone has asked this question already ( i have a few pages to catchup on) but if Moschip are actively talking about using Brainchip’s IP why has there been no announcement?
They haven’t purchased a licence (yet). They’ve no doubt been using the development systems..

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

rayzor

Regular
If not posted previously :

www2.asx.com.au/markets/trade-our-cash-market/overview/indices/asx-all-technology-index

BRN broke into the top 20 @18 March 22.
DYOR

1657095953021.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Hi MA
For no good reason my phone is refusing to link the press release by Brainchip and MOSCHIP.

If you Google it and read it again it will make clear why there is no such announcement yet.

I believe the announcement will occur when MOSCHIP signs its first customer for the product they have developed and are promoting with Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
I suggested Northrop Grumman as one of those that provided a letter. The following link and the video supports this proposition particularly the video when the second last presenter speaks about the speed of operation when operating autonomously:

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Nice one FF, Thanks

I was just on the Northrop Grumman website & I put keyword "Akida" in the search bar & I got a hit but then when I read the article there was no Akida to be found, still an interesting article though talking about ML & Neuromorphic Cameras, changing pixels etc

Neuromorphic Cameras Provide a Vision of the Future

From enhanced battlefield protection systems to maintaining aerial drone delivery fleets, neuromorphic cameras hold promise for the future.

a hand holds a neuromorphic camera

1. Home
  2. What We Do
  3. Aerospace Digital Transformation
  4. Neuromorphic Cameras Provide a Vision of the Future
Twitter Tweet this article Reddit Post on Reddit LinkedIn Share on LinkedInShare

By Scott Gourley
From enhanced battlefield protection systems to maintaining aerial drone delivery fleets, neuromorphic cameras have the potential to enhance many future defense, commercial and industrial tasks. When coupled with machine learning, this technology may soon set the stage for dramatic enhancements in how systems operate and how we perceive and understand surrounding environments.
a man sitting in an office holds up a neuromorphic camera

Like the Human Eye​

“Cameras we use today have an array of pixels: 1024 by 768,” explained Isidoros Doxas, an AI Systems Architect at Northrop Grumman. “And each pixel essentially measures the amount of light or number of photons falling on it. That number is called the flux. Now, if you display the same numbers on a screen, you will see the same image that fell on your camera.”
By contrast, neuromorphic cameras only report changes in flux. If the rate of photons falling on a pixel doesn’t change, they report nothing.
“If a constant 1,000 photons per second is falling on a pixel, it basically says, ‘I’m good, nothing happened.’ But, if at some point there are now 1,100 photons per second falling on the pixel, it will report that change in flux,” Doxas said.
“Surprisingly, this is exactly how the human eye works,” he added. “You may think that your eye reports the image that you see. But it doesn’t. All that stuff is in your head. All the eye reports are little blips saying ‘up’ or ‘down.’ The image we perceive is built by our brains.”

You need a lot of energy to send a number from pixel to computer or from eye to brain. And you don’t want to spend all that energy. In fact, that’s why people started thinking about building neuromorphic cameras. They require much less energy because the pixels just report changes and not actual values.”
Isidoros Doxas
Northrop Grumman AI Systems Architect
Closeup of a neuromorphic camera

Advantages of Neuromorphic Cameras​

Doxas identified several advantages in neuromorphic imaging, beginning with reduced power requirements.
“You need a lot of energy to send a number from pixel to computer or from eye to brain,” he said. “And you don’t want to spend all that energy. In fact, that’s why people started thinking about building neuromorphic cameras. They require much less energy because the pixels just report changes and not actual values.”
He continued, “Another important advantage is speed. If you have a million pixels, and you have to send the computer a thousand frames per second, that’s one billion numbers per second. However, usually nothing changes in a scene from one millisecond to the next, so you don’t need to report that entire image.”
Closeup of the back of a neuromorphic camera

Doxas likened the process to compression methods for video entertainment, noting that a 4K-resolution movie represents 8 million pixels, times three colors, times 30 frames per second.
“That’s over a gigabyte per second,” he said. “Yet, you can watch that over an internet connection that’s only a few megabits per second. That’s because little changes from one frame to the next. They leverage that fact and compress frames in the same way. The difference here is that neuromorphic cameras do the compression.”
Decompression is accomplished by computers, where reporting speeds accelerating from one to tens of thousands of frames per second allow for millisecond reaction times. This paves the way for a huge range of different applications — from active combat systems detecting and defeating a bullet, to self-driving cars interpreting dangerous situations almost instantly.
Doxas said that Northrop Grumman has been involved with the technology for more than a decade, highlighting a collaboration with Johns Hopkins University that resulted in the recent design of a readout integrated circuit as well as “the brains that go behind that circuitry.”
Future efforts will include increasing the number of pixels, further lowering power and increasing resolution.

Coupling with Machine Learning​

Optimizing the new camera technology involves the application of machine learning methods that can work directly with the photon plus and minus signals. With self-driving cars, for example, machine learning can construct an image of a cat or dog with just a few pixel pluses or minuses, resulting in much quicker decisions compared with images built by convolutional neural network sensors.
In the same vein, Northrop Grumman can use this system for non-invasive diagnostics for high-speed parts. This technology will dramatically change power requirements and time to decision across any number of applications,” Doxas concluded.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Regarding the above. I am now confident that I was not suppose to find the above and that I will not receive any response from Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hey FactFinder, since it's now in the "public domain" aren't they obligated to an extent, to provide an answer, to a reasonable request of comment?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

out_ales

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Maybe Ford is getting back into the moon rover business

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Wow the performance improvement of the rover (autonomous vehicle) of 139 times is mind boggling if due to Akida Technology on the edge (and seems so)and has significant implications - interesting is the letters of commitment for deployment on 2 space missions NOT necessarily NASA and we know who else is in this game

No wonder BRN is in full Schultz mode of I know nothing.
How ya been Homeales. Good to hear from you.

SC

Reactions: 2 users
Hey FactFinder, since it's now in the "public domain" aren't they obligated to an extent, to provide an answer, to a reasonable request of comment?
I've been told before, by the Company, that something not in the public domain, can not be commented on, so that means that something that is, can be..

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Hi @DingoBorat

I would love to agree but though you have asked what on its face appears a simple question I think a group of Constitutional, International and Commercial lawyers could debate it for months possibly years.

It is not Brainchip’s document and as such they arguably are not in a position to speak to the truth of the matters contained therein.

On its face the authors are Vorago and NASA and as such they would be the parties who could speak to the truth of what is stated in the document.

So if I assume Brainchip has signed some form of secrecy agreement under the legislation covering partnerships between private companies and NASA I would expect that they would remain bound by the agreement unless NASA formally waives same.

If it were otherwise then a leak of information could be used to manufacture a right to speak in breach of the agreement.

Lots more I could write on this subject but suffice to say I don’t personally have an issue with the present course of action of being non responsive.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

out_ales

Reactions: 1 users

out_ales

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF

Two things

(a) From the SBIR under partners :
Planned Post-Phase II Partners
We received five Letters of Support for this project. Two of which will provide capital infusion to keep the project going, one for aid in radiation testing, and the final two for use in future space flights.

(b) Channel 9 News started highlighting Brainchip's Share price together with other leading stocks in its Finance Update.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users
Hi MA
For no good reason my phone is refusing to link the press release by Brainchip and MOSCHIP.

If you Google it and read it again it will make clear why there is no such announcement yet.

I believe the announcement will occur when MOSCHIP signs its first customer for the product they have developed and are promoting with Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi MA

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks for the clarification FF. I found the announcement and think I understand

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Dallas

Regular

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 41 users