BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slade

Top 20
May I step in and point to the white elephant in the room being Putin. A very reasonable possibility (and given absolute mess he has created for himself at home and abroad) is he is toppled from power in the very near future and a certain Alexei Navalny steers the Russians to peace through immediate productive negotiations with Ukraine and the Eu. Gas pipeline goes back on the table, Russian sanctions reversed, Russian economy opens quickly, world market sentiment reverses to positive territory and there is a collected world sign of relief. Chinese government then learns of worst case and re-think their plans of taking Thailand. This could pan out very quickly...watch this space.
A possibility except I think you meant Taiwan.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Good read Dallas. Interesting how South Korea have the second most AV patents but are only ranked 16th in how advanced they are with AVs. Wonder why they are so far behind, definitely expected them to be right up there?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
May I step in and point to the white elephant in the room being Putin. A very reasonable possibility (and given absolute mess he has created for himself at home and abroad) is he is toppled from power in the very near future and a certain Alexei Navalny steers the Russians to peace through immediate productive negotiations with Ukraine and the Eu. Gas pipeline goes back on the table, Russian sanctions reversed, Russian economy opens quickly, world market sentiment reverses to positive territory and there is a collected world sign of relief. Chinese government then learns of worst case and re-think their plans of taking Thailand. This could pan out very quickly...watch this space.
I agree with the main thrust of your post - Putin is the problem, not Russia.

If Gorbachev had not been ousted (resigned), Russia would be part of NATO now.

... and the Taiwanese will be relieved that China has diverted its attention elsewhere.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Sorry to change the tune a little.

What would 1% of market saturation means for BRN Akida 🤔?

"Worldwide Semiconductor Market growth is expected to grow further in 2022​

For 2022, the global semiconductor market is projected to grow by 8.8 percent to US$ 601 billion, driven by a double-digit growth of the Sensors and Logic category.

All other product categories are also expected to show positive growth rates. All regions are expected to grow in 2022."

(Its from November 2021)

Its great to be a shareholder.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Hi everyone and Dio in particular,

I have been marshalling an understanding of this Ford patent and how it works to put forward my own lay explanation of the problem and the Ford patent solution.

Not having an autonomous vehicle in my garage I was unaware of what Ford has identified as a problem before reading the patent but I think it is as follows:

I am driving along in my up to Level 4 autonomous vehicle requiring me to also monitor the road ahead.

Currently there are head tilt camera warning systems that try to measure if I am not carefully observing the road ahead. These systems are not fool proof as I am not a perfect human specimen and can be watching even when to a head tilt camera I appear not to be.

Even radar or lidar watching my eyes and facial expressions for fatigue fall down for the same reason.

But you say surely that is a good thing that the autonomous vehicle will not depend upon me and will take action to avoid the unfolding changes in traffic that it thinks I have not seen and issues me with an alert to pay attention while it hits the brakes and pulls to the left or whatever.

Well according to Ford this is not a good thing.

I suspect when you consider that at highway speeds lots of things can happen very, very quickly giving me a warning or taking action can affect the action I am about to take as unbeknown to the autonomous vehicle despite my appearance to its system I am actually watching the road ahead and had a planned course of action which was at variance with the autonomous vehicles planned course of action. This leads to the autonomous vehicle and myself both acting at the same time which might be at odds one with the other.

This situation in my mind would be analogous to the passenger in a non autonomous vehicle fearing that I was not watching the roadway ahead grabbing the wheel at the same time as I was engaged in taking action. This might not be very pretty.

So the revolutionary idea behind this patent is that if the autonomous system was able to monitor brain pulses or muscle contractions of the driver early enough or in real time it could tell if I was despite my appearance watching the semi trailer ahead jack knifing down the three lanes ahead and in the process of taking action as required.

Thus knowing this the autonomous system would not interfere with what I was doing and thereby distract me causing an adverse outcome in such circumstances.

The thing about this system though is that it could not possibly depend upon the cloud as the autonomous system is measuring my brain muscle response immediately before it would intervene and so it all needs to be happening in microseconds or less as even a 1 second delay at 110 kilometres per hour on a wet expressway down hill would be too long to delay taking action by either myself or the autonomous system.

My excitement about this patent is because I have never in all my reading about autonomous vehicle development read that this problem existed and hence this patent from Ford is the first time I have read of a possible solution.

This is the ultimate wearable technology and would also have applications in workplaces where robots and humans work together to achieve an outcome.

As I said AKIDA technology is tailor made to do this job and is anything from 2 to 3 years at least ahead of any possible competitors with a solid patent wall.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you FF, this patent certainly has a whiff of AKIDA about it! We knew about the joint evaluation agreement between Ford and Brainchip back in May 2020. But as you say this patent is next level. What it proposes has the potential to essentially re-write the rule book before the ink even had a chance to dry.

It got me thinking. As forward thinking as this patent is for the future of autonomous vehicles it would take some time to not only develop but also test, refine and meet compliance on all of the potential regulatory requirements. It well and truly leapfrogs typical ADAS or autonomous vehicle type applications that we are starting to hear about from automakers and expecting to see brought to market in coming months/years.
My bet is if Ford are in fact using AKIDA as described in the patent for this higher level application, then this as good as confirms AKIDA has already been qualified by them. Which begs the question are Ford going to go through the process of evaluating AKIDA and upon satisfying themselves and recognising the numerous advantages our revolutionary technology brings then only look to implement it in a future autonomous driving concept? I think not. Surely, they would be racing to gain maximum competitive advantage in as many forms as possible. Whether it be in more typical ADAS or safety systems, driver interfacing and cockpit experience applications or something else out of left field. The push would be on to get the technology into their production vehicles as soon as possible.

Ford have been very hush hush to date when it comes to its dealings with Brainchip, whether the Mercedes announcement changes things, only time will tell. Regardless, I believe we may very well start to see revenue (if not announcements) from Ford in the not too distant future.

Of course the above is based on Sunday speculation and my opinion only...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Russia is a complex country. I have four stories:

1. One of my cases involved acting for a person who the Police described as the mister big of organised crime here with links to the Russian marfia. I do not know if he was but he certainly had a lot of Russian friends and his eldest son disappeared fleeing arrest and surfaced in Russia. Eventually he returned of his own accord as apparently did not like the cold and handed himself in to police after 3 years in Russia.

2. My niece went to Moscow as an exchange student arranged through her university to study international law. Part of the exchange involved living with a Russian family. The family she was allocated was very, very wealthy. She only meet their 12 year old daughter, the servants and the estate was fenced and guarded. After a couple of months she discovered that the others on this exchange program were having a similar experience and that these very, very wealthy Russian families considered there was some sort of status in having an overseas student living with them and speaking English with their children. She and her other exchange students arranged to move into university accommodation.

3. Three years before my niece went to Russia one of my daughters friends in high school was sent back to Russia by her mother to meet her extended family. She came back with terrible stories of poverty, lack of heating and as she put it only having cabbage to eat. She and my daughter both loved drama and she has gone on to be an author so allowing for these dramatic tendencies the stark contrast in the wealth of some to normal Russians as she told it was impressive.

4. When my wife and I were staying in a reasonably nice hotel in London we became friendly with a British Engineer and his Russian girlfriend who were resident at the hotel while he underwent surgery and recovery for a knee injury he suffered on a Russian oil rig. They confirmed the contrast in the lives of the wealthy and the ordinary Russian people and told an extraordinary story which he claimed was not extraordinary. He was at a prestigious Russian restaurant. Towards the end of the evening a dispute broke out at one of the tables over the bill and became very heated and a hand gun was produced. It turned out that the patrons dispute was that the bill he had been given was not enough and he had been made to look bad in front of his guests because the bill given to the adjoining table was larger than his and those at the adjoining table were not his superiors in any way shape or form. Visible ostentatious wealth is something to be flaunted in Russia by those who have it.

The point of the above is history is littered with examples of the above which lead in the end to uprisings and change and Russia has mirrored this over the centuries and the Russian people eventually rebel. Despite the tight controls on media Russians have seen what the rest of the world enjoys and while the sanctions will not save Ukrainian citizens they may see the end to Puto.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Tezza

Regular
I have been reading up on Fords Bluecruise but cannot see what tech is used to run it. Anyone know if we are involved?

Reactions: 2 users

Labsy

Regular

1. One of my cases involved acting for a person who the Police described as the mister big of organised crime here with links to the Russian marfia. I do not know if he was but he certainly had a lot of Russian friends and his eldest son disappeared fleeing arrest and surfaced in Russia. Eventually he returned of his own accord as apparently did not like the cold and handed himself in to police after 3 years in Russia.

2. My niece went to Moscow as an exchange student arranged through her university to study international law. Part of the exchange involved living with a Russian family. The family she was allocated was very, very wealthy. She only meet their 12 year old daughter, the servants and the estate was fenced and guarded. After a couple of months she discovered that the others on this exchange program were having a similar experience and that these very, very wealthy Russian families considered there was some sort of status in having an overseas student living with them and speaking English with their children. She and her other exchange students arranged to move into university accommodation.

3. Three years before my niece went to Russia one of my daughters friends in high school was sent back to Russia by her mother to meet her extended family. She came back with terrible stories of poverty, lack of heating and as she put it only having cabbage to eat. She and my daughter both loved drama and she has gone on to be an author so allowing for these dramatic tendencies the stark contrast in the wealth of some to normal Russians as she told it was impressive.

4. When my wife and I were staying in a reasonably nice hotel in London we became friendly with a British Engineer and his Russian girlfriend who were resident at the hotel while he underwent surgery and recovery for a knee injury he suffered on a Russian oil rig. They confirmed the contrast in the lives of the wealthy and the ordinary Russian people and told an extraordinary story which he claimed was not extraordinary. He was at a prestigious Russian restaurant. Towards the end of the evening a dispute broke out at one of the tables over the bill and became very heated and a hand gun was produced. It turned out that the patrons dispute was that the bill he had been given was not enough and he had been made to look bad in front of his guests because the bill given to the adjoining table was larger than his and those at the adjoining table were not his superiors in any way shape or form. Visible ostentatious wealth is something to be flaunted in Russia by those who have it.

The point of the above is history is littered with examples of the above which lead in the end to uprisings and change and Russia has mirrored this over the centuries and the Russian people eventually rebel. Despite the tight controls on media Russians have seen what the rest of the world enjoys and while the sanctions will not save Ukrainian citizens they may see the end to Puto.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Isnt it sad...I couldn't agree more...
This will end and must end through an uprising in Russia. It will be difficult given the recent change in Law outlining 15yrs Jail for spreading "fake news" but it seams everywhere I look on the media, Russians are pushing back against Putin. The Latest is Russians are fleeing to Finland to avoid a coming "Martial Law"... It seems Putins Days are numbered. He is getting desperate.

Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I spose we'll all have to get handguns now.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
This a video from Veratasium which shows how analog computers are taking over from digital. It was released 6 days ago yet already has 3.25 million views.
Fascinating viewing for someone like me who doesn't have great knowledge of how analog works. It may help timewise to put the Playback speed at 1.25

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi everyone and Dio in particular,

I have been marshalling an understanding of this Ford patent and how it works to put forward my own lay explanation of the problem and the Ford patent solution.

Not having an autonomous vehicle in my garage I was unaware of what Ford has identified as a problem before reading the patent but I think it is as follows:

I am driving along in my up to Level 4 autonomous vehicle requiring me to also monitor the road ahead.

Currently there are head tilt camera warning systems that try to measure if I am not carefully observing the road ahead. These systems are not fool proof as I am not a perfect human specimen and can be watching even when to a head tilt camera I appear not to be.

Even radar or lidar watching my eyes and facial expressions for fatigue fall down for the same reason.

But you say surely that is a good thing that the autonomous vehicle will not depend upon me and will take action to avoid the unfolding changes in traffic that it thinks I have not seen and issues me with an alert to pay attention while it hits the brakes and pulls to the left or whatever.

Well according to Ford this is not a good thing.

I suspect when you consider that at highway speeds lots of things can happen very, very quickly giving me a warning or taking action can affect the action I am about to take as unbeknown to the autonomous vehicle despite my appearance to its system I am actually watching the road ahead and had a planned course of action which was at variance with the autonomous vehicles planned course of action. This leads to the autonomous vehicle and myself both acting at the same time which might be at odds one with the other.

This situation in my mind would be analogous to the passenger in a non autonomous vehicle fearing that I was not watching the roadway ahead grabbing the wheel at the same time as I was engaged in taking action. This might not be very pretty.

So the revolutionary idea behind this patent is that if the autonomous system was able to monitor brain pulses or muscle contractions of the driver early enough or in real time it could tell if I was despite my appearance watching the semi trailer ahead jack knifing down the three lanes ahead and in the process of taking action as required.

Thus knowing this the autonomous system would not interfere with what I was doing and thereby distract me causing an adverse outcome in such circumstances.

The thing about this system though is that it could not possibly depend upon the cloud as the autonomous system is measuring my brain muscle response immediately before it would intervene and so it all needs to be happening in microseconds or less as even a 1 second delay at 110 kilometres per hour on a wet expressway down hill would be too long to delay taking action by either myself or the autonomous system.

My excitement about this patent is because I have never in all my reading about autonomous vehicle development read that this problem existed and hence this patent from Ford is the first time I have read of a possible solution.

This is the ultimate wearable technology and would also have applications in workplaces where robots and humans work together to achieve an outcome.

As I said AKIDA technology is tailor made to do this job and is anything from 2 to 3 years at least ahead of any possible competitors with a solid patent wall.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Bit of racial stereotyping here: Hand gesture control would never work for Italians.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

MDhere

Regular
46 mins ago

Global: MilitaryInfo
@Global_Mil_Info
·
46m
Firefighters were able to enter Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant. The radiation and overall fire safety conditions are within normal limits.
And the Media are massive destruction spreaders. Sometimes what could be a small trickle is embellished to a rapid running wild.
I'm about to head to dubai and i have a smart traveller notice - uae threat - missiles and drone attacks and im like FFAAARK. What will be will be, to me im heading into a trickle not a rapid running wild, then again i could be wrong and the media is right.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Bit of racial stereotyping here: Hand gesture control would never work for Italians.
Just to be clear:
Some of my favourite restaurants are Italian.

• Haha
  • Love

Realinfo

Regular
Over the several years of researching anything to do with Brainchip and its AKIDA technology it became apparent that Singapore was in some way involved. This view was of course reinforced by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo who mention Singapore, Quantum, Brainchip and IOT Smart City in one breath.

Every now and then I have a look and just now I found the following which sounds just like AKD1000:

“Energy efficient ECG classification with spiking neural network

Author links open overlay panelZhangluYanWeng-FaiWong1
Show more
Outline
Cite
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2020.102170Get rights and content

Abstract​

Heart disease is one of the top ten threats to global health in 2019 according to the WHO. Continuous monitoring of ECG on wearable devices can detect abnormality in the user’s heartbeat early, thereby significantly increasing the chance of early intervention which is known to be the key to saving lives. In this paper, we present a set of inter-patient ECG classification methods that use convolutional (CNNs) and spiking neural networks (SNNs). We focused on inter-patient heartbeat classification, in which the model is trained over several patients and then used to infer that for patients not used in training. Raw heartbeat data is used in this paper because most wearable devices cannot deal with complex data preprocessing. A two-steps convolutional neural network testing method is proposed for saving power. For even greater energy-saving, a spiking neural network is also proposed. The latter is obtained from converting the trained CNN model with a less than one percent accuracy drop. The average power of a two-classes SNN is 0.077 W, or that of previously proposed neural network-based solutions”

The rest of the paper requires the payment of a fee.

If only Shane Warne had, had the benefit of such a wearable device as a routine health check at 50 years of age.

The potential for Brainchip’s technology to serve in every industry known and yet to be developed is as plain as the nose on Jimmy Durante’s face.

Investors will be greatly rewarded for their vision and fortitude in my opinion.

I remain firm in my conviction that BRNASX will be at least $2.75 by Christmas.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

As suggested recently, I believe the use of Akida in medical diagnostics will be its greatest legacy. There may well be other applications within certain industries that reap bigger revenues, but enhancing early medical diagnosis with mobile, low cost solutions will save many, many lives.

On another front, numerous TSE’ers may well be feeling dismayed by the halving of our stock price from its January highs. We have to remember this was precipitated pretty much singularly by the Mercedes news. Given this, I invite those who are disconcerted by the demise, to consider what will happen when the next positive announcment arrives, followed by another, and then another.

I agree with Fact on his at least $2.75 SP forecast by Christmas, but for mine I think he’s being his old conservative barista self. For mine it’ll be at least $5.00...because like Mercedes, I believe several other well known international players will make positive proclamations during the rest of this year. Throw in good news about Akida 2000 extending our technology lead and what me myself personally thinks is a first class business plan, we should be in great shape.

Our CEO has instilled the need to press home the advantage Akida has, and for mine, whilst we’ll have to continue demonstrating patience in the short term, the company will achieve this.

It’s a bit like the old bull, young bull story. The young bull said to the old bull…’look, the farmer’s left the gate open between us and those heifers. Why don’t we run down and have a couple? Nah said the old bull…let’s walk down and have them all’

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Labsy

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Of course, Silly predictive text... apologies.
This story fits with your original narrative even if for a moment I had the disturbing image of Pingo and Puto on sun lounges at Phuket. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Wow

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Just to be clear:
Some of my favourite restaurants are Italian.
1646551149574.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Allsquared

Im gona put it out there.. cause when i havent in the past.. i wish i had, but deep down in my gut.. i have this strong feeling that this week will see a big annouchment.. not sure what it is.. so dont get all funny about it.. but like all the others.. it will be big and come out of left field.. dont want to get people too excited but it always happens when we have least expected it.. march will finish strong.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom