BRN Discussion Ongoing

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I've done quite a bit of research on BRN over last 8 years but the only thing I'm certain of now is it's great to be a Queenslander.

SC
It might feel good tonight but you will come back down to earth tomorrow when you wake up and realise you are still a Queenslander! 🤪

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
I recall, well pretty sure anyway, FF mentioning a BRN staff like Sean or Jerome or someone discussing telecom applications not thought of before or telco discussing with BRN. Or was it EAP client...too many webs these days haha but anyway.

Not saying we're involved as no deep dive but just looking at Ericsson site at the mo and they seem AI big and interested to see where we could fit.

Some application cases below.

Our AI solutions in action
Our artificial intelligence solutions target service providers to address their challenges to maximize efficiency and end-customer experiences and create new revenue streams. They are embedded throughout the network, built by people with extensive AI and telecom expertise, and with an AI-first mindset and technology in every product or service.

5G-aware traffic management

With AI embedded in the RAN Compute software, 5G capable devices can be directed to the best 5G capable cells, keeping users with 5G phones in 5G coverage. Cells are ranked based on AI models and dual connectivity capability.

Up to 25% better 5G coverage

Augmented MIMO sleep

In Ericsson Radio System, AI algorithms run on the baseband to predict traffic patterns and autonomously turn off antennas as required to reduce energy usage. It’s also possible to combine with Cell sleep and the Low Energy Scheduler solutions for even better savings.

14% - average saving for a proof-of-concept cluster

Self-organizing networks

Intent driven proactive and reactive optimization workflows combined with AI to optimize Cell Clusters at scale. Machine Learning-based unsupervised clustering techniques is applied to discover Network Topology.

18% better network load redistribution

Cognitive design & optimization

Industry-leading suite of cognitive software solutions for network planning, design, tuning and optimization.

15min execution of performance diagnostics across 1M cells

Energy infrastructure operations

AI and data analytics to create energy efficiencies on the radio network.

~15% energy OPEX reduction through intelligent energy optimization

Machine Learning assisted paging​

Machine learning improves the existing patented MME features of adaptive paging so that it becomes topology-aware and reduces signaling, which in turn frees up capacity and defers investment for carriers.

80% reduced signaling (paging)

Remote robotics and AI

Hear from Elena Fersman, Head of Research Area Artificial Intelligence at Ericsson Research, how the relationship between humans and robots is changing. Discover why it’s paving the way towards zero-touch operations and a landscape in which the network will automatically adjust and react based on the needs of the robots

AI enabling intelligent networks​

As 5G, IoT and Edge gains traction, the shift that transforms industries and enterprises, becomes a reality. It also brings new complexities of network operations – co-existing of new and legacy technologies, hybrid networks, a variety of frequency bands and spectrums, and an abundance of connected devices. In addition, new requirements from IoT and industrial use cases require further performance enhancements and optimization of the network. This is the context for our efforts in AI and we use it to cut through the complexity, address requirements of new technologies and use cases, increase network performance and enable network automation.

AI and automation​

By using a combination of currently available and well-understood AI techniques within a flexible architecture, we are able to reach a high degree of practical autonomous operation. This will lead us into an era of intelligent, autonomous networks with close to zero touch. The real value of AI is not limited to applications which connect to the network but will ultimately be realized in the networks.
Intent-based networks | Machine reasoning

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Yak52

Regular
The company is not legally bound, responsibility lies with the purchaser.. I know you’re upset but that doesn’t make you correct.. maybe time for a bex and a lie down?
Mt09............insulting someone who has replied to your post is exactly what i would expect from a "fence sitter" and lazy investor.

I would suggest you take your own advice since you advocate doing nothing & take that bex yourself and return to the lounge you seem so comfortable to be on. You won't be missed by anyone.

Yak52.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users
It might feel good tonight but you will come back down to earth tomorrow when you wake up and realise you are still a Queenslander! 🤪
Lol. Wouldn't have it any other way

Reactions: 3 users
Something I found that appears interesting but again not necessarily linked per se.

In some of CNN2SNN documents we can also incorporate Adaround Quantizer which I believe is open source for anyone.

Appears can be added as a calibration after Akida does it's stuff.

So, who owns / created Adaround?...Qualcomm.

Snip from BRN doc and short vid from Qualcomm. Is a 2020 demo appears but Qualcomm only uploaded Jan this year.

Doesn't mean too much maybe as stand alone Adaround looks like down to 8 bit where we 1-4 but assists tuning for us from my basic understanding and obviously compatible and probs a common bolt on to diff AI prods?

The vid is interesting to see what Adaround at 8 bit achieves when I think ok, couple that with Akida first.

Spotted it from a July 22 post by Edge AI on Qualcomm AIMET which can / does also use Adaround.

Maybe @Diogenese could add some thoughts sometime?

Screenshot_2022-07-13-22-34-08-53_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-13-22-29-22-00_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-13-22-29-53-95_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-07-13-22-30-40-65_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Looks like can't embed the vid here but link below.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Yak52

Regular
Definitely have to look at this in a positive light.

I am in a very similar situation as you Yak. I started buying at 15 cents but kept buying as the company de-risked and my average is a touch under 50c. My holding is about double yours so I have also put a lot on the line by investing in BRN. Like you have mentioned previously, we can either sit back and take it or demand some answers and I will be doing the latter. If I held $10k worth, I'd probably just take the punt and let it slide until they disclosed everything but I believe the shareholders should be treated better here. Who is buying and why?
alwaysgreen ...........Thanks for the reply to my post and the support. Happy to see you have double my holdings...totally envious! And yes having such amounts as we have invested dictates a different response to having only a small amount invested. It is notable that fence sitters or casual type investors seem to only have small holdings. When you have equivalent to a house or two invested in a company & its products you take a much more serious view to whats going on and what information is being shared with you by management. Sitting back becomes impossible!
Again envious of you being in the Top 100 league.
Best of luck...alwaysgreen.

Yak52

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Dhm

Regular
An incredibly interesting podcast from Valeo throwing more light on where they see the future of Lidar, ADAS and autonomous vehicles in general heading in the next few years. The Valeo-Brainchip connection is incredibly exciting with so many potential applications for our tech to be incorporated in.

An incredibly interesting podcast from Valeo throwing more light on where they see the future of Lidar, ADAS and autonomous vehicles in general heading in the next few years. The Valeo-Brainchip connection is incredibly exciting with so many potential applications for our tech to be incorporated in.

At the 8:20 mark, “we equip one out of three new cars with our driver assist technologies“
That is a very sexy statement for Valeo to make, especially when it involves Akida. And this is a rapidly growing industry that will continue to evolve with us because we are the only chip that truly operates at the edge. No competition.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Krustor

Regular
alwaysgreen ...........Thanks for the reply to my post and the support. Happy to see you have double my holdings...totally envious! And yes having such amounts as we have invested dictates a different response to having only a small amount invested. It is notable that fence sitters or casual type investors seem to only have small holdings. When you have equivalent to a house or two invested in a company & its products you take a much more serious view to whats going on and what information is being shared with you by management. Sitting back becomes impossible!
Again envious of you being in the Top 100 league.
Best of luck...alwaysgreen.

Yak52
There are also people that invested all they can without the worth of a house or two. It may be a small amount to you, but a lot for them.

I hate this arrogance in only seeing absolute numbers. Why should you be treated a different way than any other guy that also invested everything he has left over?

Edit says: In Germany we call this shit: "2-Klassen-Gesellschaft"

If I understood your post wrong due to translation: Sorry for this post...

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users
Interesting Dow 100 year chart I borrowed from Tradingview with various events and effects.

EUhj644m

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Yak52

Regular
There are also people that invested all they can without the worth of a house or two. It may be a small amount to you, but a lot for them.

I hate this arrogance in only seeing absolute numbers. Why should you be treated a different way than any other guy that also invested everything he has left over?

Edit says: In Germany we call this shit: "2-Klassen-Gesellschaft"

If I understood your post wrong due to translation: Sorry for this post...
To my eyes you seem to have misunderstood totally what the context of the post and discussion was about. Probably due to language and cultural differences.

There is no "arrogance" in taking a more pro-active interest in your investment because you have a larger dollar invested than those with smaller amounts. The point being made was my own observation that "fence sitters" and lazy investors tended to have only small holdings and that larger holders take far more interest in their investments and want to now more about whats going on with the company and product. We don't sit back and take a chill pill as has been rudely suggested.
You seemed to also miss the point that those smaller holders were the ones not caring enough about their investments and preferring to sit back and enquire about nothing.
We (I) did not suggest they get treated in a different way to larger holders either as you have suggested.

I hope this clears up the confusion regarding your misunderstanding about the discussion that had been taking place.

Guten Abend.
Yak52

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
I see Intellisense have a new solicitation proposal with NASA.

Unlike the NECR proposal which is now Ph II, this one doesn't specify Akida however I've highlighted a red section and given their experience with us so far you would have to expect the same path...no?

Proposal Information

Proposal Number:
22-1- H6.22-1780

Subtopic Title:
Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In-Space Autonomy and Cognition

Proposal Title:
Adaptive Deep Onboard Reinforcement Bidirectional Learning System

Small Business Concern

Firm:

Intellisense Systems, Inc.

Address:

21041 South Western Avenue, Torrance, CA 90501

Phone:

(310) 320-1827
Technical Abstract (Limit 2000 characters, approximately 200 words):
NASA is seeking innovative neuromorphic processing methods and tools to enable autonomous space operations on platforms constrained by size, weight, and power (SWaP). To address this need, Intellisense Systems, Inc. (Intellisense) proposes to develop an Adaptive Deep Onboard Reinforcement Bidirectional Learning (ADORBL) processor based on neuromorphic processing and its efficient implementation on neuromorphic computing hardware. Neuromorphic processors are a key enabler to the cognitive radio and image processing system architecture, which play a larger role in mitigating complexity and reducing autonomous operations costs as communications and control become complex. ADORBL is a low-SWaP neuromorphic processing solution consisting of multispectral and/or synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data acquisition and an onboard computer running the neural network algorithms. The implementation of artificial intelligence and machine learning enables ADORBL to choose processing configurations and adjust for impairments and failures. Due to its speed, energy efficiency, and higher performance for processing, ADORBL processes raw images, finds potential targets and thus allows for autonomous missions and can easily integrate into SWaP-constrained platforms in spacecraft and robotics to support NASA missions to establish a lunar presence, to visit asteroids, and to extend human reach to Mars. In Phase I, we will develop the CONOPS and key algorithms, integrate a Phase I ADORBL processing prototype to demonstrate its feasibility, and develop a Phase II plan with a path forward. In Phase II, ADORBL will be further matured, implemented on available commercial neuromorphic computing chips, and then integrated into a Phase II working prototype along with documentation and tools necessary for NASA to use the product and modify and use the software. The Phase II prototype will be tested and delivered to NASA to demonstrate for applications to CubeSat, SmallSat, and rover flights.

Potential NASA Applications (Limit 1500 characters, approximately 150 words):
ADORBL technology will have many NASA applications due to its low-SWaP and increased autonomy. It can be used to enable autonomous space operations beyond Low Earth Orbit to establish a lunar presence, visit asteroids, and extend human reach to Mars. ADORBL can be directly transitioned to the NASA Glenn Research Center to address the needs of the Cognitive Communications Project, the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD) Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) Program.

Potential Non-NASA Applications (Limit 1500 characters, approximately 150 words):
Commercial applications of ADORBL include remote sensing, geophysical and planetary surveying and prospecting, atmosphere, water, and land pollution monitoring, space flights and space exploration. Multispectral sensor data fusion can be used in aviation security and mine and explosives detection. Wider applications include machine vision, robotics, telemedicine, spectral medical imaging.

Duration: 6

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

cosors

👀
Mine are the same HP. There are a lot of inexperienced people in here who simply don't understand how different funds work and keep crying wolf. Welcome to the ASX200.

Management don't control the SP. The market does. All management do is run the company as best they can while meeting all their regulatory obligations and the SP is what it is. Management don't control shorters. If you are an overly needy investor and require more, go invest somewhere else where management better provides info to your needs. TLG comes to mind.

Every stock I've ever owned (been a few) except those in the ASX50 have people always shouting a T/O is coming. Been the same since I joined HC in 2006. 99% of them either have ulterior motives or are just inexperienced who jump at shadows.
Do you really have to ram the graphene knife right into my heart?! :cry:😂

____
For the understanding: Because only the most necessary is reported and not the crucial with TLG I began at all to drill me deeper and deeper. I only rely on it now. At Brainchip it is completely different and almost an information paradise. No reason to complain from my Talga point of view. All good but your hint sits!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Gday team, posting a couple of lines from one of our newest partners, PROPHESEE. Conference could provide some valuable insights and speaks to what Akida does very well, ie low light conditions.
Screenshot_20220713-185927_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

cosors

👀
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Dallas

Regular
Arm pioneered high-performance, energy-efficient computing and today reaches almost 70% of the population, from smartphones to wearables, laptops, IoT devices, 5G devices and now cloud servers. Arm's long-standing collaboration with Google Cloud now ranges from enabling ultra-low-power ML at the edge with tinyML, improving the user experience on Android to building a cleaner cloud with Tau T2A VMs, all while working together to to set a higher standard for security from the edge to the cloud

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Dallas

Regular

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
Hey wilzy, normally leave the research to others as I'm way out of my depth and probably same here but the following paragraph from the article caught my attention

The vast amount of our customer demands and fan insights would not be satisfied without the power of machine learning and the cloud,” says Heyden

Missed reference to the cloud so agree with you, not BRN if cloud based
Cheers for reply
Other topic in the stadium, but my thought was what it doesn't say anything about. The recognition of viewers and the strict German data protection, so no cloud (SNC). With something like that I always think of Akida. Does not stand there, but will certainly come at some point. Why not a local face database of monitored hooligans and the recognition helps the officials on the ground to find them and watch. I think of the ever-emerging violence in the stadium and that it is currently almost impossible to punish. Therefore, they punish the team across the board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anderes Thema im Stadion, aber mein Gedanke war, worüber es nichts aussagt. Die Erkennung von Zuschauern und der strenge deutsche Datenschutz, also keine Cloud (SNC). Bei sowas denke ich immer an Akida. Steht nicht da, wird aber sicher irgendwann kommen. Warum nicht eine lokale Gesichtsdatenbank überwachter Hooligans und die Erkennung hilft den Beamten vor Ort, sie zu finden und zu beobachten. Ich denke an die immer wieder aufkommende Gewalt im Stadion und daran, dass sie derzeit kaum zu ahnden ist. Deshalb bestrafen sie das Team auf ganzer Linie.

Top Bottom