AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I lost my shit a bit on the Crapper last night

AVZ and CRR threads

So over the shite

And that call on Bag2get and the Trading Tranny....100% correct......I've subtely called it out

Wonder if I'll get the usual vitriolic response and rant? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to Wednesday.....sure hope it's the announcement we all want! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Frank

Top 20
While we wait for the ML to Drop, I see where Manono get's another mention in the Media, as

Félix Tshisekedi demands the structuring of electricity and drinking water supply on the national territory

1651453555122.png

With a view to guaranteeing access to drinking water and electricity for the Congolese population, which constitutes a constitutional and fundamental right on the one hand, and in view of the difficulties experienced by the Congolese in this sector on the other hand, the President of the Republic, Félix Tshisekedi, called, during the 51st meeting of the Council of Ministers, for a good structuring of the water and electricity sectors, in order to significantly reduce the development delay accumulated by the DRC for several decades and meet the high expectations of the population.

To date, there are several investment offers in the energy sector, in particular the Indian Government's proposal to finance the installation of solar power plants in a few cities in the country, including Karawa (15 MWp), Lusambo (10MWp), Mbandaka (10MWp ), Mbuji-Mayi (15 MWp) and Manono (10 MWp).

Since these projects are located, for the most part, in newly created provinces, the Head of State considers it necessary for the Government to be able to reserve an urgent nature for the country's electrification projects, and particularly for the processing of projects relating to the electricity supply.

In the same vein, the Head of State also recalled the projects for the establishment of small and medium-sized solar and wind power plants presented by various investors to the competent authorities, for analysis and decision.

For the materialization of these projects, the President of the Republic instructed the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Christophe Lutundula Apala; the Minister of Water Resources and Electricity, Olivier Muenze Mukaleng as well as the Minister of Finance, Nicolas Kazadi, to take stock of the situation which will allow the Congolese people to benefit from their basic right.

1651453655309.png

#Patience ! .jpg

Food for thought if you read between the lines imo

Frank

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
While we wait for the ML to Drop, I see where Manono get's another mention in the Media, as

Félix Tshisekedi demands the structuring of electricity and drinking water supply on the national territory

View attachment 5368

With a view to guaranteeing access to drinking water and electricity for the Congolese population, which constitutes a constitutional and fundamental right on the one hand, and in view of the difficulties experienced by the Congolese in this sector on the other hand, the President of the Republic, Félix Tshisekedi, called, during the 51st meeting of the Council of Ministers, for a good structuring of the water and electricity sectors, in order to significantly reduce the development delay accumulated by the DRC for several decades and meet the high expectations of the population.

To date, there are several investment offers in the energy sector, in particular the Indian Government's proposal to finance the installation of solar power plants in a few cities in the country, including Karawa (15 MWp), Lusambo (10MWp), Mbandaka (10MWp ), Mbuji-Mayi (15 MWp) and Manono (10 MWp).

Since these projects are located, for the most part, in newly created provinces, the Head of State considers it necessary for the Government to be able to reserve an urgent nature for the country's electrification projects, and particularly for the processing of projects relating to the electricity supply.

In the same vein, the Head of State also recalled the projects for the establishment of small and medium-sized solar and wind power plants presented by various investors to the competent authorities, for analysis and decision.

For the materialization of these projects, the President of the Republic instructed the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Christophe Lutundula Apala; the Minister of Water Resources and Electricity, Olivier Muenze Mukaleng as well as the Minister of Finance, Nicolas Kazadi, to take stock of the situation which will allow the Congolese people to benefit from their basic right.

View attachment 5369

View attachment 5370

Food for thought if you read between the lines imo

Frank
Felix sure has his hands full there Frank!

Hopefully he continues to push through successfully with his ambitious vision for the DRC and it's people

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
“People believe thinking outside the box takes intelligence and creativity, but it’s mostly about independence. When you simply ignore the box and build your reasoning from scratch, whether you’re brilliant or not, you end up with a unique conclusion—one that may or may not fall within the box.”
Excited Jim Carrey GIF

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20
Felix sure has his hands full there Frank!

Hopefully he continues to push through successfully with his ambitious vision for the DRC and it's people

As someone once said,

#Itwillhappen.jpg

#Patience ! .jpg

patience quote.jpg

Rocket Ship.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

JAG

Top 20
@Winenut ....this may assist those on the crapper

1651455315378.jpeg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Euchreman

My thoughts, this is the acceptance of a deal to secure the remaining 15%.
I would think perhaps it may be an announcement about the Permits, specifically around the existing licence that appears to be split in two as seen on the Cadastre map portal. Perhaps... Someone put an offer to buy out half the resource whether Roche Dure / Carriere de l’Este ? most likely this isn't going to be happening but still possibility a left field sorta thing which would be interesting to ponder what it would do to our share price, and the outcomes on percentage of the overall project we would end up holding. But nah it ain't happening... As Nigels a smart cookie.

Still it would be nice to hope its the mining licence.

Da Euchreman
(Long Term Holder and lover of watching shorters burn)

Reactions: 7 users
Let's hope some news leaks later today from DRC... :)

Screenshot_20220502-115438_Clock.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
The 20 odd concerted and urgent teaser releases of old information, and perhaps some relevant Nov 21 info, by der geist, backed up by OilandGas (DG) lol, over the weekend, lead me to conclude that the ML is what it's about. I think he's possibly correct in saying there's been some naughty business happening behind the bike sheds, but it's not AVZ doing the dirty business, it's Zijin trying to muscle in on COMINIERE's 15% and DATHOMIR looking for a bigger payment, with the benefit of 20/20 vision hindsight, for their 15%.

I also suspect that AVZ has now possibly resolved all these issues once and for all, and the way is finally clear to proceed at either 51% or 66%. I am semi-prepared for some form of 'bad' news in the sense they may have to cough up more money than desired to settle these issues, if they do exist.

My best case would be Zijin get kicked out, and DATHOMIR get paid a bit more cash to soothe their poor frayed nerves. Worst case is Zijin are a 15% partner. (that said, they would then go for 100%)

I (unfortunately) hold CAY, which had a brief incident last year where the exact same thing happened. A Chinese entity signed an MOU with Cameroon's state miner, to explore tenements that were due to expire in CAY's name. Shit hit the fan, Minister of Mines declared it all null and void, and issued renewals to CAY for another 2 years. All done in 24 hours. Whats more, the pricks had signed a CA to access CAY data room.

You can understand if I am a touch paranoid about chinese companies sniffing at the back door. Another one, NKP, reads like a Ian Fleming spy novel, also involving Zijin.

CATH is the only one to come in the front door, and Nigel told the Zuriques that CATH is the ONLY partner

On balance, I think it's looking good, but I won't sleep easy until I see the announcement

as always, IMO and DYOR

• Love
Reactions: 30 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
OMG, geists latest ‘Panama papers file’ is a copy of the disclosure of the transfer of the OT agreement for 160,000 made by CATH as part of the process. He seems to think AVZ should disclose it. What a toss.

Does he work for the shorter?

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Samus

Top 20
That sinking feeling in the guts followed by anticipation and elation. I mean we're used to it around here but it's a bit much all on the same morning 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
OMG, geists latest ‘Panama papers file’ is a copy of the disclosure of the transfer of the OT agreement for 160,000 made by CATH as part of the process. He seems to think AVZ should disclose it. What a toss.

Does he work for the shorter?
Man I wish someone on there would kick his ass with the truth so innocent people don't believe his dribble.

I'm all for investigating and having a discussion good or bad, but when you bring up past info pretending to be current and relevant then that's just BS.

Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
The 20 odd concerted and urgent teaser releases of old information, and perhaps some relevant Nov 21 info, by der geist, backed up by OilandGas (DG) lol, over the weekend, lead me to conclude that the ML is what it's about. I think he's possibly correct in saying there's been some naughty business happening behind the bike sheds, but it's not AVZ doing the dirty business, it's Zijin trying to muscle in on COMINIERE's 15% and DATHOMIR looking for a bigger payment, with the benefit of 20/20 vision hindsight, for their 15%.

I also suspect that AVZ has now possibly resolved all these issues once and for all, and the way is finally clear to proceed at either 51% or 66%. I am semi-prepared for some form of 'bad' news in the sense they may have to cough up more money than desired to settle these issues, if they do exist.

My best case would be Zijin get kicked out, and DATHOMIR get paid a bit more cash to soothe their poor frayed nerves. Worst case is Zijin are a 15% partner. (that said, they would then go for 100%)

I (unfortunately) hold CAY, which had a brief incident last year where the exact same thing happened. A Chinese entity signed an MOU with Cameroon's state miner, to explore tenements that were due to expire in CAY's name. Shit hit the fan, Minister of Mines declared it all null and void, and issued renewals to CAY for another 2 years. All done in 24 hours. Whats more, the pricks had signed a CA to access CAY data room.

You can understand if I am a touch paranoid about chinese companies sniffing at the back door. Another one, NKP, reads like a Ian Fleming spy novel, also involving Zijin.

CATH is the only one to come in the front door, and Nigel told the Zuriques that CATH is the ONLY partner

On balance, I think it's looking good, but I won't sleep easy until I see the announcement

as always, IMO and DYOR
Great summary Xerof

You always seems to keep your head when all others around are losing theirs

Appreciate your salient and balanced posts

Reactions: 8 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Thanks mate.

Another observation from the translation of that CATH paper - they state in their filing that DATHCOM owned 75% by AVZ International, 25% COMINIERE. This was September 2021. I would think CATH DD is a little more on the mark than our friend on the bird. This would make the assertion of a Zijin subsidiary being an owner of DATHCOM historic at best, i.e 2019, and that any shenanagins surrounding that has been sorted behind the scenes and the 15% returned to COMINIERE. After all, it is apparent that Felix is not enamoured by the chinese style of operating in the DRC. With CATH in a minority JV run by his good mates from Australia, he is clearly more comfortable.

Anyway, geists backtracking today has probably gone a long way to shoring up my own confidence in ALL BEING GOOD

Reactions: 24 users

Lichione

Regular
You have a point. so many tings coming up but relying on the ML first. A further offtake however is not. So a good point Sammy.
Noticed that in last few TH re offtake, they either specified offtake or, in one occasion said material agreement.

Samus

Top 20
From my understanding we are all good, noth'n to worry about, that's all I can say;)
Now where is that 💡button, I really think you're on to something :unsure:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
@ohreally - I'm sleeping well at night already, lol

Reactions: 9 users

blu

Regular
If the short position is mainly hedges by instos/funds tracking ASX200 could they theoretically just keep them in place, or would they cover to take advantage of SP increase we are on the cusp of realising?
I would dearly love to see those betting against AVZ and those hating on AVZ ... commonly known as 'the cunse' ... go up in flames, but would love to hear a knowledgeable opinion on whether it will be a Towering Inferno event or something more slower and steady.
Congrats to fellow LTH's and newer brothers and sisters for staying the course

Inferno GIF by Bella Poarch

Reactions: 16 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I bet you are, you seem pretty close to the pulse 😎
No, far from it. I live in a small farming community, in the south island of NZ. We do have the highest number of Tesla's per head of population globally though - 1 in 55. Yes, 1 Model X, 55 residents
I just like to test every assertion made, good or bad, for what's factual or just bullshit. Often, the downrampers that do have some thread of truth have taken it too far down the rabbit hole.

Anyway, pleased to have you confirm all's well, but the back story is one I would like to hear about in the fullness of time

cheers

Reactions: 18 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
If the short position is mainly hedges by instos/funds tracking ASX200 could they theoretically just keep them in place, or would they cover to take advantage of SP increase we are on the cusp of realising?
I would dearly love to see those betting against AVZ and those hating on AVZ ... commonly known as 'the cunse' ... go up in flames, but would love to hear a knowledgeable opinion on whether it will be a Towering Inferno event or something more slower and steady.
Congrats to fellow LTH's and newer brothers and sisters for staying the course

Inferno GIF by Bella Poarch
Not sure but I think instos would have a while to unwind positions if they had taken shorts as a hedge

Most of the shorts I think were taken on the entry of AVZ into the ASX200

I thinks someone noted the price then was about 80c

Not exactly sure how it works but I think they have until the price hits about $1.60 before the short hedge is no longer offset by the gains they have on the stock they had to hold

I'm trying to do a bit of research to understand more fully

Others may be able to jump in with more knowledge and clarity if I'm really out of the ball park

Cheers

Top Bottom