AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
"We do have the highest number of Tesla's per head of population globally though - 1 in 55. Yes, 1 Model X, 55 residents"

Classic! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
@Winenut

The vast majority of the short was implemented on the Friday settlement prior to entry into the ASX200/300. It would have been done in the closing auction at 91 cents IMO

anyway, they're probably fucked over, despite all efforts to get it back to that level

loving it, burn baby burn

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

CHB

Regular
Come on ML

GIF by Brett Eldredge

Reactions: 6 users

Azzler

Top 20
I've been wondering all day about this announcement, particularly the wording, so I've come to the conclusion we're getting 3 announcements at once.

15% purchased.
ML
BFS

My reasoning is that if the spies are to be believed, NF was expecting the ML last week, and we all are expecting it any day since the final approval was met, so the timing of that seems right.

It was long ago said that the BFS has been ready to release but the mining licence had to be approved first.
So it's sitting there ready to be released along side the ML.

I can't recall the source (if anyone could refenece it?) but I remember reading that it was a condition that the government only hold 10% stake before the mining licence can be approved. So that 15% has gone somewhere, and we all expect it's gone to AVZ I think.

Just my thoughts :)
Think of the short burn 🔥
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users

Samus

Top 20
I've been wondering all day about this announcement, particularly the wording, so I've come to the conclusion we're getting 3 announcements at once.

15% purchased.
ML
BFS

My reasoning is that if the spies are to be believed, NF was expecting the ML last week, and we all are expecting it any day since the final approval was met, so the timing of that seems right.

It was long ago said that the BFS has been ready to release but the mining licence had to be approved first.

I can't recall the source (if anyone could refenece it?) but I remember reading that it was a condition that the government only hold 10% stake before the mining licence can be approved. So that 15% has gone somewhere, and we all expect it's gone to AVZ I think.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Hoping for similar but ML, 15% & HEPP agreement. Might as well throw in collaboration agreement for good measure.
We can watch the shorters burn and then - just when they think the punishment is over - gut them like a fish with the BFS and FID!

:unsure:

20220502_152014.jpg

Haha - let's see. 😎

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20

DRC INVESTMENT CLIMATE HAS IMPROVED UNDER FELIX TSHISEKEDI’S ADMINISTRATION, US REPORT SAYS​

MAY 1, 2022 ARNBETHNIC
From openness to foreign direct investment to the fight against corruption, including the return of the DRC to AGOA, the implementation of reforms to improve the judicial system, transparency in the management of public finances, the facilitation business through the Single Window for Business Creation (GUCE), the raising of the country’s sovereign rating, are all assets taken into account by an American report on investments in the DRC and which make the administration of Félix Tshisekedi in his efforts to improve the business climate.
At a time when all the countries of the world are competing in initiatives to attract and retain private investment that will help sustain growth, create jobs and promote inclusive development, the Democratic Republic of Congo has also been working, since election of Félix Tshisekedi in January 2019, to create an environment conducive to doing business by adopting regulations that help entrepreneurs start businesses, hire and grow their businesses. A process notably taken up as one of the pillars of the Action Program of the President of the Republic, as well as that of the Government, and whose objective is to promote the emergence of the private sector and to impose the country as a investment destination of choice in Africa.
This bet is particularly appreciated by the Americans who, in a report on investments in the DRC, note certain efforts in improving the business climate. Since the election of Félix Tshisekedi, the Democratic Republic of Congo has not only emerged from political isolation but also the country has taken a big step in facilitating foreign investment on its soil. As proof, the American giant Pepsi is in the process of establishing itself during this month of April 2022 in the pilot economic zone of Maluku, on the outskirts of Kinshasa.
DRC investment climate has improved under Felix Tshisekedi's administration, US report says 2

The DRC becomes more attractive
After a careful analysis of the business climate indicators in the DRC, Americans note in the report the openness to foreign direct investment (FDI), particularly from the United States of America. It is precisely in this perspective that the Head of State Félix Tshisekedi created a Unit dealing with the Business Climate within the Presidency of the Republic, the highest institution in the country to monitor the improvement of the economic environment and business climate, and interface with the business community.
This American report also justifies this improvement in the business climate by raising the sovereign credit rating of the DRC with the rating agencies. In July 2020, the Standard & Poor’s rating agency downgraded the DRC’s outlook from “positive” to “stable” due to the likely impacts of the pandemic. Early on, the DRC showed resilience in 2020, as the global recession did not devastate its commodity-dependent economy as deeply as many economists had expected.
Thus, while the World Bank predicted a recession in the Congolese economy with a negative growth of our GDP of 3.5% (for the first time since 2001), the Congolese economy thwarted this prognosis by posting a growth of its GDP around 0.8% in 2020 due to the “dynamism of extractive activity”. In view of these improvements, Standards & Poor’s Global Ratings raised the sovereign credit rating of the DRC from “CCC+/C” to “B-/B” in January 2022, thus allowing the DRC to join the club of African countries rated ” B-” by the Agency, including Nigeria and Cameroon.
DRC investment climate has improved under Felix Tshisekedi's administration, US report says 3

Fight against corruption
The other positive point of the attractiveness of investments in the DRC is the fight against corruption and money laundering in which Kinshasa is committed. Moreover, Kinshasa and Washington are linked by a partnership relating to the promotion of democracy, human rights and the fight against corruption.
This report fully appreciates the efforts of current leaders to prosecute managers of institutions implicated in corruption and others. Better, Félix Tshisekedi has created an entire anti-corruption agency (APCL) to improve the DRC’s reputation for corruption, thus improving the DRC’s sore on the corruption perception index in 2021: 169th out of 180.
In view of these advances, the United States is very involved in supporting efforts for change in the DRC. They continue to engage in discussions on the importance of the fight against corruption, the fight against money laundering, and also on how to promote competition and attract American investors.
It should be noted that ANAPI (Agency for the Promotion of Investments), in its roadmap, has four strategic orientations, namely: (i) simplification, dematerialization and strengthening of the transparency of administrative procedures; (ii) simplification of taxation and promotion of access to credit; (iii) modernization of commercial justice and improvement of the resolution of commercial disputes; and (iv) improvement of consultation, communication and reform monitoring.
These reforms are all part of a systemic and sustainable perspective; that of the elimination of all obstacles to good business practice for any economic operator, synonymous with economic profitability for the private sector, improvement in the level of employment, increased tax revenue and increased income . These are all essential elements to increase the attractiveness and improve the competitiveness of the Congolese economy.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

15% purchased.
ML
BFS

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Haha they should release them one by one so we can have a 9 day TH 🤣

• Haha

JAG

Top 20
1651471787673.png

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

j.l

Regular
No, far from it. I live in a small farming community, in the south island of NZ. We do have the highest number of Tesla's per head of population globally though - 1 in 55. Yes, 1 Model X, 55 residents
I just like to test every assertion made, good or bad, for what's factual or just bullshit. Often, the downrampers that do have some thread of truth have taken it too far down the rabbit hole.

Anyway, pleased to have you confirm all's well, but the back story is one I would like to hear about in the fullness of time

cheers
Appreciate your insight into this. I got hosed on the other forum just for asking others' views on those tweets. Much more rational tone over here.

• Wow

parklife

Emerged
I lost my shit a bit on the Crapper last night

AVZ and CRR threads

So over the shite

And that call on Bag2get and the Trading Tranny....100% correct......I've subtely called it out

Wonder if I'll get the usual vitriolic response and rant? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to Wednesday.....sure hope it's the announcem
I lost my shit a bit on the Crapper last night

AVZ and CRR threads

So over the shite

And that call on Bag2get and the Trading Tranny....100% correct......I've subtely called it out

Wonder if I'll get the usual vitriolic response and rant? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to Wednesday.....sure hope it's the announcement we all want! :p
Loved your subtle call out on the CRR thread Nut. Nicely done

Freehold

Regular
Thanks mate.

Another observation from the translation of that CATH paper - they state in their filing that DATHCOM owned 75% by AVZ International, 25% COMINIERE. This was September 2021. I would think CATH DD is a little more on the mark than our friend on the bird. This would make the assertion of a Zijin subsidiary being an owner of DATHCOM historic at best, i.e 2019, and that any shenanagins surrounding that has been sorted behind the scenes and the 15% returned to COMINIERE. After all, it is apparent that Felix is not enamoured by the chinese style of operating in the DRC. With CATH in a minority JV run by his good mates from Australia, he is clearly more comfortable.

Anyway, geists backtracking today has probably gone a long way to shoring up my own confidence in ALL BEING GOOD
My view was similar read/translated all and concluded that was nothing in it despite the "barrage" of posts... a very thin line of argument if any. Likely DRC tardy updating at worst. So concluded it was storm in a teacup and not worth gracing with a response frankly as that was what was desparately wanted. Don't feed trolls... and well done to all those who resisted the urge to supply any O2 to it.

Still go with the Nigel reply to HC Mining8. "...Its been dealt with before and is Utter Rubbish"

The frenzy and desperation (and obvious posting orchestration across platforms ) of -ive posting on HC/Bird was due the time constraint Id reckon .. they knew time was very short as ML very, very near and had to get AVZ down quickly or miss their windows of opportunity to profit take on shorts or take expanded long possy. A good rule of thumb Ive noticed generally is when the trolls go into overdrive its as good a buy signal as you will get most of the time.

Well it appears like the window of opportunity for team short "may" have closed early ... and thats the gamble they took. We will see on the Ann if I'm right. Halt could be many things most obvious is ML. If so then it will be shortly followed by Cath $ commitment, any other financial debt agreement to mine, and awarding of contracts (remember suppliers already picked), possibly updated BFS and extra % ownership etc etc. Pivotal moment for sure for AVZ. And good on you Nigel for pulling the plug on the shorting party hot tub. Lets see who and how many are bathing without their budgy smugglers on shall we.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25 users

Freehold

Regular
My view was similar read/translated all and concluded that was nothing in it despite all barrage of posts... a very thin line of argument. Likely DRC tardy updating at worst. Storm in a teacup and not worth gracing with a response frankly as that was what was desparately wanted. Don't feed trolls... and well done to all those who resisted the urge to supply any O2 to it.

Still go with the Nigel reply to HC Mining8. "...Its been dealt with before and is Utter Rubbish"

The desperation (and obvious posting orchestration across platforms ) of -ive posting was due the time constraint Id reckon .. they knew time was very short as ML very, very near and had to get AVZ down quickly or miss their windows of opportunity to profit take on shorts or take expanded long possy.

Well looks like windows "may" have closed early ...and thats the gamble they took. We will see on the Ann if I'm right. Halt could be many things most obvious is ML. If so will will shortly followed by Cath $ commitment, any other Financial debt Agreement to mine, and awarding of contracts (remember suppliers already picked), possibly updated BFS and extra % ownership etc etc. Pivotal moment for sure for AVZ. And good on you Nigel for pulling the plug on the shorting party bath tub. Lets see who and how many bathing without their budgy smugglers on shall we.
Pls don't post prev post to HC or Bird .... as Zero O2 Policy for Trollers

Reactions: 16 users
As someone pointed out on HC, recent European tour, could be an offer of some sort on the table?

Meme Think GIF

• Thinking
  • Fire

JAG

Top 20
Anyone remember this.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm not on the bird so would be nice if someone could update the twat:LOL:

1651483247350.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Anyone remember this.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm not on the bird so would be nice if someone could update the twat:LOL:

View attachment 5399
I think Joe has blocked most AVZ holders, which makes it difficult to tag him :p
:p:p

• Haha
  • Wow

Doc

Master of Quan

View attachment 5399
My favorite was when he said he wouldn’t buy AVZ shares even with someone else’s money.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

oxxa23

Regular
If the millions of shorts are funds that replicate the ASX200 hedging, then they will have the funds to keep the SP under control until they are able to cover. They don’t care until the upside is double their downside so, they are not in pain until $1.60-$2.00 depending on what level they sold/ shorted shares. OCO, one cancels the other (Rises vs short fall in SP). On the other hand any shorts without a corresponding Long position are fucked.

If the 📣 is ML only or something else only, and then other positive announcements follow in the following weeks, then IMO there won’t be a 50c - $1 spike in one day, more likely 20c-30c then a gradual increase to $2 as each further 📣 comes out over 2-3 months.

Shorters will have time therefore to cover positions at 20-40% losses, then double up with Long positions and get more $’s back.

Just saying, don’t think there will be a massive short squeeze. Caveat: If ML, BFS, FID and further Offtake and another big player were all to come in on Wednesday 📣 then true massive, massive short squeeze 🤷‍♂️.

I am just happy that finally ML is imminent 🤞, after being so imminent for frickin months and month. Got sick to death of 😉 and it is “next month or next week, or end of week”. 🤦‍♂️.

99% chance great news on Wednesday and 1% chance the wheels have fallen off the AVZ train.
hi george,

very much agree with your sentiment... i think most will have to $1.80 to cover before the short losses exceed the shares held gains..... and will be somewhat in control until they do.... fair chance a lot of them will be happy to hold post ML, finance offered and FID anyway, even if purchased originally due to their own mandates to hold...at that stage they wont feel the need for the hedge..

my initial thought was the TH was for the extra 15% purchase.... but, realistically, when you think CATH isn't handing over the funds until ML (as it would appear), then, why on earth would nigel commit unconditionally to the extra 15% until then also....

so, farked if i know what if not the ML... either way... all looking positive and happy with the DRC commitment with Zambia... even though it wont get off the ground for some time...

Reactions: 4 users

bloke383

Regular
I think we dodged a bullet today . I think the trolls/shorters would have been rubbing their hands with glee after seeing the first announcement re another extension to the CATH deal in what was expected to be a deep red day for the market . However their glee would have turned to dread with the trading halt before open .
If there is any karma the trading halt will be lifted in a sector wide lithium green rally making it even more uncomfortable for said trolls/shorters . I would love also an update from Nigel giving a clear and detailed path forward for AVZ outlining updates with regards to all the long anticipated news we have been waiting for

Reactions: 26 users

Frank

Top 20

View attachment 5399

LMAO - I don't see Mr Lithium being Mr Lithium for much longer, just some Twit on Twitter who couldn't see The Writing on the Wall for AVZ, when Blind Freddy could quite easily see it, as

The ton of cobalt goes back to 81,750.00 USD as of April 29, 2022 in the international market

After recording a slight drop of around -20 USD last week on the international market, cobalt is on the rise again and should end the last week of April 2022 on a good flight.

As of April 29, 2022, a tonne of cobalt is trading at USD 81,750.00 on the international market compared to USD 81,559.00 per tonne last week, reports the London Stock Exchange.

During this week, cobalt recorded a positive price gap of around 191 USD.

According to experts, there are no factors that would trigger a significant drop in prices, as port congestion continues and major users stick to production plans. This means that the price should still increase moderately.

The global push towards a greener future is driving demand for battery metals such as lithium, cobalt and nickel, at a time of limited supply exacerbated by the pandemic.

The transition to clean energy to combat climate change could trigger unprecedented demand for metals in coming decades, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said this month.

For the near-term outlook, passenger electric vehicle sales are expected to more than quadruple to 14 million units in 2025, accounting for 16% of the global market, according to Bloomberg NEF.

The world's largest automaker, Toyota Motor Corp., has also outlined a 4 trillion yen ($35 billion) investment plan to boost its push for electric vehicles, with a target of selling 3.5 million units per year by the end of the decade.

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Toyoda.jpg

Toyoda !.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Powerage

Thanks Xerof,

Took me a while to figure out where all the well reasoned posters had gone to from the crapper, and here I find you all safe and well.

What a Breath of fresh air this platform is…Keep it up lads. I don’t post often, but I’m always very grateful for everyone’s input and I check the threads regularly.

I’m with you Xerof, I’m prepared for less than Stella news in order to put the 15% to bed for us, but I’m also cautiously optimistic it could be the ML (thus triggering a slew of Ann’s around BFS, SEZ, HEPP, AfDIB finance, FID etc).

I’ve been in prior to the original MCCS court case and holding since 1.4 cents. Traded a few along the way, offloaded some just over a buck, but holding vast majority in the genuine belief of eventual production (or a decent TO).

Genuinely wishing all SHs the best. And thanks again to all the balances and well reasoned holders for their on going input.

Cheers
Powerage.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom