Gee twitter on fire today ain't it lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Frank

Top 20
Reactions: 13 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I’ve had the one stallion for a while now ...im balls deep .... risk spreading pfffttt @62 yrs you can’t take it in da box with you :)
Whatever floats your boat dude, last time i went balls deep, i ended balls deep in red.........that was 3 yrs ago, put a huge strain financially and nearly cost me my marriage..........Thats why i learnt TA and will never rely on one coy / management ever again.

That said, AVZ has been one of my bigger investments and along with another couple of coy, has set up my entire portfolio with free carry positions, so i am very grateful , also very appreciative of the FA knowledge of AVZ posters which kept me focussed too, AVZ threads at HC were the best informed by a country mile and it continues at TSE too.

We all have our respective journeys , my aim is to retire my tradie job , renovate my home , have enuff capital to trade full time and be debt free all in the next 2 years

I need $1m, i am half way there, CMON AVZ......................I want to see a yellow bell on Monday PLEASE !!!

DOW shat itself again by 938 pts over night..........................FAAAAAAARK !

imo

Reactions: 15 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Does anyone have an indication on how long other companies like PLS took to get their mining licence? I had a look through their past announcements and couldn't find it.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the two, as I have heard reports that it would take companies in Australia just as long to get the ML
18 months for PLS if memory serves me correctly

• Thinking

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Whatever floats your boat dude, last time i went balls deep, i ended balls deep in red.........that was 3 yrs ago, put a huge strain financially and nearly cost me my marriage..........Thats why i learnt TA and will never rely on one coy / management ever again.

That said, AVZ has been one of my bigger investments and along with another couple of coy, has set up my entire portfolio with free carry positions, so i am very grateful , also very appreciative of the FA knowledge of AVZ posters which kept me focussed too, AVZ threads at HC were the best informed by a country mile and it continues at TSE too.

We all have our respective journeys , my aim is to retire my tradie job , renovate my home , have enuff capital to trade full time and be debt free all in the next 2 years

I need $1m, i am half way there, CMON AVZ......................I want to see a yellow bell on Monday PLEASE !!!

DOW shat itself again by 938 pts over night..........................FAAAAAAARK !

imo
Hang in there Beish

You'll get there for sure if you keep that learning attitude and back yourself in

I diversify in the sense of having a deep core of bluechips to provide a divvie income and then on the outside of that I do my research on the future/the trends/the specs/the tech/the markets

I love the goals you have set for yourself.....I reckon you'll achieve every single one of them....and more (y)

Cheers!

Reactions: 8 users

Lichione

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

YdoIbother

Emerged
While listening to the Tesla Q1 2022 Earnings Call, my bullshitometer started pinging when Drew Baglino (Tesla CTO) responded to a question regarding raw materials supply. His answer dissed the mining of lithium with words to the effect of, "...expanding the number of rocks you're getting out of the ground is maybe a little bit of paperwork and some additional blasting and trucking operations". Take a listen:

Tesla Q1 2022 Earnings Call Livestream

Sure enough, people who understand the industry were all over this and I think Matt Fernley from Battery Materials Review summed it up with this post which begins:
Tesla's mixed messaging on lithium continues to be a concern, in my view.

It been over 18 months since Telsa's Battery Day and I've not heard any more regarding Tesla using "table salt" to extract lithium from clay. Maybe not as easy as they made out? I expect Tesla to start investing in lithium mining and/or refining. Elon says, "...we think we're going to need to help the industry on this front". Same video,from 1:14:50

And then we hear Elon ask, "Can more people please get into the lithium business...do you like minting money?".
Sacha Baron Cohen Reaction GIF by Amazon Prime Video

John25

Regular

imo
Think FF floats your bout on crapper …Average 11c …i like this Dude shyte go and fire a few arrows into the mist …just under 800 %up a bit of wriggle room dude :)…glad you learnt TA …been married for 38 yrs .you can only loose 100% been here a Loonnnggg time dude rode from 4c..to 37 and back again …1of the early investors …don't preach to me

Reactions: 3 users

Frank

Top 20
Nice find mate!

Thanks Bro,

It's all happening my friend, It's everywhere, It's going to happen, any Tick of the Clock, Check this out, as

Manufacture of electric batteries: the DRC and Zambia decide to join forces

1651324076391.png

The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the Republic of Zambia, two countries with 70% of the world's Cobalt reserves, have decided to work together for the development of a value chain and a market around electric vehicles and clean energies.

This is indicated in a joint press release from the two countries made public this Friday, April 29, 2022.

This decision was taken following the DRC -Africa Business Forum held in Kinshasa in November 2021.

To materialize this initiative as soon as possible, the two countries have agreed to set up, in particular, a Battery Council of the Republic of Zambia and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, whose executive committee will be composed of the Heads of State of the two countries, the Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and Afrexim Bank.

During the DRC -Africa Business Forum, the DRC displayed its ambition to position itself as the most competitive destination in the world to set up battery manufacturing plants.

The country wants to capture part of the “8 trillion dollars” in revenue from the sale of electric vehicles by 2025, “46 trillion by 2050”.

In addition, the DRC is counting on its reserve of 400 million tons of lithium and 25 million tons of cobalt to supply this industry.

1651324101887.png

Zambia and DRC sign Cooperating Agreements to Start Manufacturing Electric Batteries

1651324167622.png

Head of State Félix Tshisekedi and his Zambian counterpart Hakainde Hichilema decide to harmonize their development policies and strategies vis-à-vis the mining and industrial sector for the success of the market relating to the establishment of a value in the electric battery and clean energy sector.

To do this, they have set up a framework called “Battery Council of the Republic of Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC – Zambia Battery Council).

“Our two brotherly states agree to set up a common governance framework, called the Battery Council of the Republic of Zambia and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC-Zambia Battery Council), whose Executive Committee will be composed of the two Heads of State, the Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), as well as the President of the African Export-Import Bank (Afrexim Bank) In addition, this governance body will be equipped with a Technical Committee in charge of monitoring and evaluating the initiative; Creating a harmonized legislative and regulatory framework as well as a system of incentives common to the two States, for a business environment favorable to the development of the said value chain anda flourishing economic microcosm” reports the final communiqué sanctioning the end of the bi-partisan meeting held this Friday, April 29, 2022.

And to continue:

“Identify a pilot site for the erection of a battery value chain industry to house the project in DRC, Zambia or straddling the two countries. For this purpose, the government of DRC and Zambia make available for this project sites located respectively in the province of Haut-Katanga Katanga and in the province of Copperbelt; Affirm that the Initiative will be mutually beneficial by creating a unified and coherent partnership that maximizes gains without any competition between our two countries”.

He said that yesterday’s agreements prove that his attendance at a DRC economic forum was the right decision as it gave birth to yesterday’s event.

The President however said the signing is one thing and emphasized the need to actualize the agreement.

Mr Hichilema says Africa has for long been viewed as a source of raw materials but the narrative is now being changed.

The President thanked the DRC government for staying the course and providing leadership over the initiative.

And DRC President Felix Tshisekedi said the two countries are home to at least 80 per cent of minerals required for the production of electric car batteries.

Mr Tshisekedi said Zambia and the DRC have decided to be masters of their own destiny. He said the agreement will create a value chain for the production of batteries for electric cars which will be key to the economies of Zambia and the DRC.

The two Presidents also welcome the commitment of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), technical partner as well as that of the African Export-Import Bank (Afrexim Bank), financial partner who support this initiative, in particular for fundraising. required for its implementation.

They also invited other partners interested in this transformative initiative for the economic development of their respective countries.

This agreement follows the DRC-Africa Business Forum held in Kinshasa in November 2021 under the theme “developing a value chain and a market around the battery, electric vehicle and renewable energy industry in Africa”, the Republic of Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo represented by their Heads of State had agreed to work together to materialize this initiative as soon as possible.

April 30, 2022 Janet

1651324457346.png

Europe urgently needs an accelerator in the critical metals race

Europe is running out of time to secure the metals it needs to power the energy transition.

The region’s import dependency on enabling metals was already high and has turned critical since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Russia has historically been a major supplier of aluminum nickel and platinum to the European market, while the European Union had high hopes of folding Ukraine into its battery sector build-out.

Even worse, what Russia calls its “special operation” has sent European power prices soaring, forcing energy-intensive aluminum and zinc smelters to close or reduce output.

The Green Deal will play a crucial role in reducing Europe’s fossil fuel dependency but “without a more strategic approach to developing primary and secondary raw material capacities in Europe there will be no green and digital transition,” according to Thierry Breton, EU Commissioner for the Internal Market. Watch here.

“The key question is speed,” according to German MEP Hildegard Bentele, who authored a parliamentary report on critical minerals last year.

The European Union struggles with speed, having to coordinate legislation across 27 members states, but an accelerator may be coming.

Faster-than-expected demand, lagging supply​

The scale of the challenge was laid out in a report commissioned by industry group Eurometaux.

“The global energy transition is progressing faster than the mining project pipeline, with copper, cobalt, lithium, nickel, and rare earths all at risk of a disruptive demand pull between now and 2035,” said the study by Belgium’s KU Leuven University.

Europe’s import dependency is almost total for lithium and rare earths and thanks to high power prices is rising fast in both aluminium and zinc sectors.

More recycling is obviously part of the answer but availability of secondary materials is dependent on materials life-cycle, which can be up to 40 years for copper, and technical advances in processing end-of-life lithium-ion batteries.

“Recycling could be Europe’s major supply source for most transition metals”, but only after 2040, according to the study.

Until then the Green Deal is still going to need new mines and more refining capacity.

Preferably in Europe.

The problem is that a new mine needs 15 years to move through the planning, permitting and construction stages, Mikael Staffas, Eurometaux president and CEO of Swedish metals group Boliden, told the panel discussion accompanying the release of the report.

Given the collective aim is to hit carbon neutrality by 2050, such extended time-lines mean “we need to work on it now”.

However, existing EU regulations have also created multiple unintended hindrances to getting new mine projects off the ground.

Without changes to the Water Directive, for example, there “will be no more mining in Europe,” Staffas said.

Imports pivot

Europe’s race to achieve what it calls “strategic autonomy” in critical minerals and metals is also being massively complicated by disruption to global supply chains.

While Russian metals have not yet been hit by sanctions, self-sanctioning is already affecting flows to Europe.

Russia itself may yet weaponise metals in the same way it has gas supplies to Europe.

The European Union also got a painful reminder of its Chinese metals dependency last year, when power-related cutbacks in Shaanxi province caused a magnesium crunch for Europe’s factories.

Policymakers are having to adjust quickly to the fact that two major suppliers – Russia and China – will “no longer be providing,” said Kerstin Jorna, director general of the Commission’s GROW department.

That’s lent added urgency to pivoting away from both countries and the EU is already working with friendlier nations such as the United States, Canada and Japan with a view to making coordinated “better offers” for new mine acquisition and development, she said.

The accelerator

Europe’s mineral ambitions risk being frustrated by both a lack of coherent policy framework to stimulate domestic supply and a rapidly-changing global landscape where everyone is trying to secure enough electric vehicle metals such as lithium, cobalt and nickel.

The United States has invoked the Defense Production Act to jump-start its own critical minerals supply chains and China’s government has exhorted its battery metal producers to maximise output and development plans.

“Europe should learn from that” and use its diplomatic muscle to secure critical mineral supplies “now,” said Julia Poliscanova, senior director at clean energy campaign group Transport and Environment.

She called for the creation of a European strategic minerals agency similar to Euroatom in the nuclear materials sector.

Something along those lines may be on its way.

Asked whether the Commission was contemplating a minerals follow-up to its Chip Act, Jorna told the panel that “it’s something we’re working on”.

The EU Chip Act, unveiled in February of this year, is a comprehensive attempt to reduce Europe’s dependency on overseas suppliers of semiconductors.

It includes financing, easier subsidy investment thresholds and coordination mechanisms across member states “for monitoring the supply of semiconductors, estimating demand and anticipating the shortages.”

Most importantly of all, it’s an effective way of signalling to every EU member the strategic significance of chips and semiconductors.

Europe’s struggling metals sector desperately needs similar messaging and a way of punching through the tangle of Commission and national regulations that is actively impeding more investment in the metals sector.

A raw materials act (title to be confirmed) is coming “soon”, according to Jorna.

It needs to.

The faster Europe can go green, the faster it can reduce its Russian oil dependence.

As Bentele summed up the dilemma, “we cannot have war in Europe and miss the Green Deal objectives.”

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

AVZ # ! #.jpg

#ItsOn.jpg

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Mining.png

Plenty of Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono Hey Bro 🔋

Cheers

Frank (y)

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Frank

Top 20
Nice find mate!
Few updates from our German friends who spoke to NF in Frankfurt and Zurich:

- if I understood correctly, we can forget about 13359 because it is an exploration permit. Exploitation permit (mining license) will be issued under a new number.

- there was an offer for full takeover or to buy significant part of AVZ that was declined,

- Minister of Industry was the one who wanted to see AVZ to be a partner of the DRC Battery Council, there is really strong support from the DRC government,

- delay with ML was due to some people who had their fingers in the process and who were acting in their own financial interests (all sorted).

solo177​

#Felix.jpg

#Patience ! .jpg

#Cheers.jpg

Tick Tock tick tock it's almost time to Hard Rock any tick of the ⏰

Hang in there Bro (y)

Bottoms Up

Frank :cool:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Mickdavo

Regular
Few updates from our German friends who spoke to NF in Frankfurt and Zurich:

- if I understood correctly, we can forget about 13359 because it is an exploration permit. Exploitation permit (mining license) will be issued under a new number.

- there was an offer for full takeover or to buy significant part of AVZ that was declined,

- Minister of Industry was the one who wanted to see AVZ to be a partner of the DRC Battery Council, there is really strong support from the DRC government,

- delay with ML was due to some people who had their fingers in the process and who were acting in their own financial interests (all sorted).

solo177

Frank :cool:

Thanks, Frank!

John25

Regular
Ive been waiting So LONG …not like some of the POS posting here

BEISHA

Top 20
Think FF floats your bout on crapper …Average 11c …i like this Dude shyte go and fire a few arrows into the mist …just under 800 %up a bit of wriggle room dude :)…glad you learnt TA …been married for 38 yrs .you can only loose 100% been here a Loonnnggg time dude rode from 4c..to 37 and back again …1of the early investors …don't preach to me
I am one of the early investors too dude, 7c, dont know who FF is and i didnt realise i was preaching at you.

Put me on ignore son.

• Haha

j.l

Regular
Has anyone read Twitter posts by Der Geist? He sold out when we first hit the 90s and since then has posted theories about AVZ struggles pretty regularly. Example below. Keen to hear others assessment/critique...
Screenshot_20220501-100040_Twitter.jpg

Thaz

Regular
I am one of the early investors too dude, 7c, dont know who FF is and i didnt realise i was preaching at you.

Put me on ignore son.
It was a bit hard to interpret his post ... .it was so incoherent..

Samus

Top 20
We're supposed to be the sophisticated and respectful investors around here fellas 🧘‍♂️

TD's practically yelling from the rooftops at this point. Time to clobber the bastards if it isn't this coming week. ☮️

• Fire

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

JAG

Top 20
‎TIANHUA CHAOJING (300390) QUARTERLY REPORT COMMENTS: Q1 PERFORMANCE IN LINE WITH EXPECTATIONS MANONO PROJECT HAS MADE POSITIVE PROGRESS ‎
‎2022-04-30 wang qi/liu simeng/ma yue · guosheng securities co., ltd ‎
‎ THE Q1 PERFORMANCE INCREASE WAS MAINLY DUE TO THE INCREASE IN THE VOLUME AND PRICE OF LITHIUM HYDROXIDE AND THE LOW PRICE OF LITHIUM CONCENTRATE IN STOCKS. ‎
‎ 1) VOLUME: THE COMPANY HAS TWO LITHIUM HYDROXIDE PRODUCTION LINES IN TIANYI PHASE I + PHASE II, WITH A TOTAL PRODUCTION CAPACITY OF 50,000 TONS / YEAR, AND AN ANNUAL OUTPUT OF ABOUT 44,000 TONS. ACCORDING TO THE SCHEDULING RHYTHM OF THE COMPANY'S TIANYI PHASE I AND PHASE II PROJECTS, IT IS EXPECTED THAT THE OUTPUT OF LITHIUM HYDROXIDE IN Q1 WILL BE ABOUT 10,000 TONS, PLUS ABOUT 0.14 MILLION TONS OF INVENTORY AT THE END OF 2021, AND THE SALES VOLUME IS EXPECTED TO BE ABOUT 11,000 TONS. ‎
‎ 2) PRICE: ACCORDING TO BAICHUAN YINGFU, THE AVERAGE PRICE OF LITHIUM HYDROXIDE IN 2022Q1 IS 335,000 YUAN / TON (INCLUDING TAX), +80.69% MONTH-ON-MONTH; ASSUMING THAT A SINGLE TON OF LITHIUM HYDROXIDE CONSUMES 72,000 TONS OF LITHIUM CONCENTRATE, IT IS EXPECTED THAT THE NET PROFIT PER TON OF LITHIUM HYDROXIDE IN Q1 WILL BE ABOUT 1.8 BILLION YUAN / TON, THE NET PROFIT ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE PARENT OF THE LITHIUM SALT BUSINESS WILL BE ABOUT 1.45 BILLION YUAN, AND THE NET PROFIT ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE MOTHER OF OTHER BUSINESSES IS EXPECTED TO BE ABOUT 0.5 BILLION YUAN. ‎
‎ the major projects are launched one by one, and the first phase of jiang'an + yichun is expected to be put into operation within this year. at present, the company plans and consolidates the lithium hydroxide production capacity of 160,000 tons, including the existing 50,000 tons (75% equity) + jiang'an 50,000 tons (75% equity) + ganmei 60,000 tons (wholly-owned), and the joint venture with ningde yichun construction capacity of 100,000 tons of lithium carbonate production capacity (10% equity), the total equity capacity of 145,000 tons, of which jiang'an phase i 25,000 tons & yichun phase i 50,000 tons is expected to be put into operation within this year. since the company cut into the lithium sector in 2020, the production speed and investment cost of each project are at the leading level of the peers, and relying on ningde to cut into the core supply chain of the industry, the future has the potential to grow into a domestic lithium salt first-line enterprise. ‎
‎ The Manono project has met the conditions for the approval of the mining certificate, and the company's concentrate source guarantee is expected to be improved. On April 13, AVZ announced that it had received a positive technical opinion from the Ministry of Mines of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) on the final feasibility study of the project (DFS), and that the Manono project had met all the conditions for the approval of the mining license (mining license is being applied), and according to the final feasibility study (DFS) released in 2020, the project was signed from the EPC contract - the first batch of lithium concentrates was delivered in only 18 months, and it is speculated that if the project starts in the first half of 2022, it is expected to be put into production by the end of 2023. According to the agreement signed between the affiliated company Tianhua Times and AVZ, Tianhua Times can obtain the underwriting right of 50% lithium concentrate of the Manono project, and the total package sales volume of the company's lithium concentrate will reach 1.015-104.5 million tons, basically covering and consolidating the 160,000 tons of lithium hydroxide production capacity planning. ‎
‎ INVESTMENT ADVICE: IT IS ESTIMATED THAT THE COMPANY'S OPERATING INCOME IN 2022-2024 WILL BE 18.56, 248.1 AND 30.79 BILLION YUAN, THE NET PROFIT ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE PARENT WILL BE 40.7, 73.3 AND 10.35 BILLION YUAN, THE EPS WILL BE 6.9, 12.5 AND 17.6 YUAN / SHARE, CORRESPONDING TO PE OF 8.8/4.9/3.5 TIMES RESPECTIVELY, MAINTAINING THE COMPANY'S "BUY" RATING. ‎
‎ risk warning: the risk of price fluctuations of lithium hydroxide products, the risk of the epidemic affecting terminal demand, and the risk that production capacity production is less than expected.‎

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom