AVZ Discussion 2022

BRICK

Regular
(Apologies if this has been posted but Interesting interview with Elon discussing the huge need for future battery storage:

Reactions: 9 users

Misfits

Regular
Looks Like Tuesday is a big day people!!! Finally,😉😉

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20
JULIEN PALUKU on Twitter !!.png

*To Remind, Re:- The Mininister of Mines,

Financing of Electric Battery Project -DRC

Antoinette N’SAMBA KALAMBAYI is expected today Wednesday in Haut Katanga.

The Head of State will launch the Center of Excellence specialized in training and research in battery chemistry and technology.

Indeed, the Democratic Republic of Congo aims to become a world leader in the production of electric car batteries, this is what emerged from the statement made by Congolese officials at the opening of the “DRC AFRICA BUSINESS FORUM ” forum organized last year in Kinshasa.

The Congolese authorities have, on occasion, highlighted the large deposits of lithium and cobalt that abound in the country in its south-eastern façade, in Katanga.

The DRC has 400 million tonnes of lithium and 25 million tonnes of cobalt on its reserves.

To make this project a reality, the Minister of Mines Antoinette N’samba Kalambayi will carry out an official mission from 20 to 25 April 2022 in Lubumbashi.

During her stay, the head of Mines will take part in the launch of the Center of Excellence specialized in training and research in battery chemistry and technology but also in the formalization of discussions with technical and financial partners for the financing of the electric battery project in the DRC.

Washington: Nicolas Kazadi and Aimé Boji looking for American investors

1650803692709.png

Finance Minister Nicolas Kazadi and his budget colleague, Aimé Boji Sangara are continuing their stay in Washington (USA).

On site, on Thursday April 21, 2022, they met with the heads of the International Finance Corporation (IFC), EximBank USA, and CITIBANK with a single objective of boosting and accelerating investments in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

In response, the Vice-President of the IFC expressed the will of her institution to support the country of President Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo through several investment projects, such as leasing, digitalization and energy.

The president and chair of board of directors of Eximbank USA also welcomed recent positive developments in the DRC and expressed her commitment to increase funding, in order to support American companies as well as to strengthen trade between the DRC and the United States.

*To Remind,

Banking companies agree to finance the installation of the pilot plant of the electric battery industry

The heads of various banks operating in the Democratic Republic of Congo reaffirmed Thursday, in Lubumbashi, in the province of Haut-Katanga, their commitment to finance the installation of the pilot plant of the electric battery industry, indicated Friday to the ACP the Ministry of Industry.

According to the source, this commitment was made during their discussions with the government delegation led by the Minister of Industry Julien Paluku Kahongya who is staying in Lubumbashi who also underlines that the discussions focused on the financial package to finance the installation of the electric battery industry pilot plant.

Julien Paluku urged financial partners to take investment risks in the DRC, to capture part of the money supply that circulates around the battery and electric vehicle industry.

The financial partners have reaffirmed their commitment made within the framework of the materialization of the project for the manufacture of electric batteries and renewable energies.

“For now, it’s organizational support; the RawBank will participate financially in the installation of the battery factory in Congo to bring more to the trade sector and more to the population through the commitment of people, in order to reduce the unemployment rate in Congo in general,” said Arnaud Coupé, Regional Director of RawBank Grand Katanga.

For his part, the Managing Director of TMB, Yannick Mbiya added that by emphasizing transformation, the DRC will attract wealth.

The Ministers of Mines, Higher and University Education, Scientific Research as well as the Acting Director General of the Industry Promotion Fund who were also present, promised their support for this project.

These exchanges took place in the presence of foreign financiers and delegates from the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).

1650804013940.png

Minister of Mines Antoinette N’samba Kalambayi will carry out an official mission from 20 to 25 April 2022 in Lubumbashi.

So i guess as soon as Antoinette gets back to the office tomorrow, that's when the Rubber (Stamp / Ink ) hits the Road to Manono with a ML for AVZ after a short TH on Tuesday 🤞:unsure: (y)

Food for thought

Frank :cool:

its-like-a-sauna-in-here-frank.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

CHB

Regular
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

prayer GIF

I Hope Please GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20
Morning one and all! (y)

I hope you all have had a great Easter and Orthodox Easter.😀
90 Day Fiance Dancing GIF by Cameo

Well, hasn't there been some really interesting developments over the last few weeks with the most noticeable just in the last few days.

WIN WIN PARTNERSHIP is all I can say :cool:
1650843327973.jpeg

1650843382740.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

JAG

Top 20

1650847395907.png

LITHIUM ION BATTERY PIPELINE BREAKS THE 6 TWH CAPACITY BARRIER​

22nd April 2022 Batteries
Global lithium ion production capacity could reach over 6,000GWh (6TWh) by the end of the decade, based on current plans, as companies accelerate gigafactory construction in Europe and the US.
Total lithium ion capacity existing or being built has doubled since the beginning of 2021 following announcements of new plants by Chinese and South Korean battery producers, according to Benchmark’s Gigafactory Assessment.
The numbers highlight the increasingly global spread of battery gigafactories, as automakers look to secure local supply chains to lower costs and reduce the risk of trade disruption. While China still dominates global battery production, announcements for North American and European battery cell plants are accelerating.
LG Energy Solutions said it would invest KRW 1.7tn ($1.4bn) to build a 11 GWh cell plant in Arizona while Mercedes-Benz announced a battery partnership project with Envision AESC, with plans for a 30 GWh plant to be located in Kentucky, US.
In March China’s EVE Energy announced plans to set up its first European battery plant with an estimated capacity of 30 GWh in Debrecen, Hungary.
North America’s share of the global battery capacity is set to grow to 10% by 2026 from 6% currently, according to Benchmark, while Europe’s is set to grow to 12% from 7%.

BATTERY ACCELERATION

Overall, planned gigafactory capacity rose in April by 73% from a year earlier, according to Benchmark. At the current rate of growth capacity is set to exceed 10 TWh in less than a year.
The numbers include around 1 TWh of existing battery capacity as of the end of 2021.
At 6 TWh of capacity the world could produce around 109 million EVs, although this is based on all the plants coming into production and operating at full capacity.
In reality it’s likely that around 70% of the gigafactories in pipeline will come into production with an average global capacity utilisation of 70%, according to Simon Moores, chief executive of Benchmark.
Tesla’s chief executive Elon Musk said this week that a total of 300 TWh is needed to transition the world to sustainable energy via batteries for heating and transport.

NOT ALL BATTERIES ARE EQUAL

Not all battery capacity equals reliable, quality battery supply needed for world class EVs, however, according to Moores.
Of the 6 TWh of planned and existing battery capacity, around 26% is from Tier 1 battery producers, according to Benchmark. Tier 1 is defined as a battery manufacturer that is qualified to supply more than one multinational automaker outside of China.
It includes China’s CATL, Panasonic, BYD, Envision AESC, LG Energy Solution, SK Innovation, and Samsung SDI.

LEADING THE PACK

The Tier 1 producers led the majority of announcements of new cell capacity in March and April, according to Benchmark.
LG’s latest announcement, along with previously released plans, will make LGES a key supplier in North America with 201 GWh in American pipeline capacity by 2031, according to the Benchmark Gigafactory Assessment.
In China, electric vehicle maker BYD confirmed two new cell production bases in Taizhou, Zhejiang province, and Nanning, Guangxi province with combined capacity of 67 GWh.

RAW MATERIALS LAG

Battery capacity is currently growing at twice the speed of lithium raw material supply, however.
A total of 6 TWh of annual battery production would require around 5 million tonnes of lithium, according to Benchmark. Production of lithium last year was around 480,000 tonnes of LCE.
Meeting the 2030 growth targets for electric vehicles will require the lithium industry to step up production, Tesla’s senior vice president for Powertrain and Energy Engineering, Drew Baglino, said this week.
“We need everybody to do more in the lithium space than they currently are,” he said.

• Love

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Good to see you back @JAG

Hope you enjoyed your break buddy

Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
Good to see you back @JAG

Hope you enjoyed your break buddy

Cheers!
Thanks mate, yep was sensational to get away from the dark web for a while.....really refreshing. I actually got some work done:ROFLMAO:

Bring on Tuesday I say! The world is in our hands :cool:

EEEE.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

JAG

Top 20
PLEASE DO NOT PUT ON HC, IT WILL DESTROY MY RELATIONSHIP. Got the below after asking a few questions. Sorry for being cryptic before but I was thinking if it was ok to put on here. This site is much different to HC, so hopefully this stays here. Start from the bottom to up.

Hopefully collected Monday
I’m off to Africa as well for Indaba and currently in Europe for meetings and presentations in Germany and Switzerland
I will rest when the licence is out

Sent from my iPhone
Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

• Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Please all, zipped lips on that info

@Misfits I'm also in the NKP dissenting shareholder group - I thought I remembered you from those threads. You may have noticed my recent concern and dislike of any possible connection to Zijin. You of all people here will understand why - lol - I'm sincerely hoping Der Geist has it wrong with his theories

Reactions: 8 users

Misfits

Regular
:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Please all, zipped lips on that info

@Misfits I'm also in the NKP dissenting shareholder group - I thought I remembered you from those threads. You may have noticed my recent concern and dislike of any possible connection to Zijin. You of all people here will understand why - lol - I'm sincerely hoping Der Geist has it wrong with his theories
Yes, the dissenting group for NKWE. What a trip. I have a substantial holding and I am comfortable with our leader and the potential outcome. Been several years in the making but hoping this year is closure.

This great stock of AVZ can be anything. Hoping to approach the $1.80 area +, come the ML and BFS.

• Fire

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Playin for draft picks now.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Good to have you back son, its been hard having a flog lately without your contributions.....;);)

You said you would only be back when AVZ gets its ML, a bit of premature ejac ?....lol

You an eagles fan are you ?

• Haha

Frank

Top 20
Good to have you back son, its been hard having a flog lately without your contributions.....;);)

You said you would only be back when AVZ gets its ML, a bit of premature ejac ?....lol

You said you would only be back when AVZ gets its ML, a bit of premature ejac ?.

#Excellent.jpg

#Easter.jpg

#Early-Bird.jpg

Writing on the Wall #.jpg

• Haha

JAG

Top 20

LMFAO!!! TMI:eek:

I just hope I am right with my spider sense's tingling......

Eagles fan.......No.
The entire family (Greek) are fans and have given me plenty over the years which I have graciously taken on the chin and did warn them that one day, one day karma will strike......love it when its time for payback:LOL::LOL:
They hate it when I say " 5 year rebuild should have started 3 years ago" "see you in the finals, maybe 2028" :LOL:
Season 5 Lol GIF by The Office

• Haha

CHB

Regular
jizz in my pants GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

BEISHA

Top 20
LMFAO!!! TMI:eek:

I just hope I am right with my spider sense's tingling......

Eagles fan.......No.
The entire family (Greek) are fans and have given me plenty over the years which I have graciously taken on the chin and did warn them that one day, one day karma will strike......love it when its time for payback:LOL::LOL:
They hate it when I say " 5 year rebuild should have started 3 years ago" "see you in the finals, maybe 2028" :LOL:
Season 5 Lol GIF by The Office
I love greek, i mean Greece, spent some time in majestic santorini, Corfu, ugly Athens, cant wait to go back, I reckon $30k could sustain a full life there, now its a banana republic, lol...

I can smell you a Freo supporter...........if so, with the utmost respect.........................4...................................0

I will rest my case.

lol.gif

• Haha

JAG

Top 20
I love greek, i mean Greece, spent some time in majestic santorini, Corfu, ugly Athens, cant wait to go back, I reckon $30k could sustain a full life there, now its a banana republic, lol...

I can smell you a Freo supporter...........if so, with the utmost respect.........................4...................................0

I will rest my case.

View attachment 4970
LMAO.....yep, heaps of family over there and truly an amazing place.

Freo??.....come on mate, that's a bit low although your pic does reflect most of the supporters of my club....I have my own teeth though 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

BEISHA

Top 20
LMAO.....yep, heaps of family over there and truly an amazing place.

Freo??.....come on mate, that's a bit low although your pic does reflect most of the supporters of my club....I have my own teeth though 😁
Cmon, spill it , which club dude, dont leave me in suspense.

How is the health ?

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom