AVZ Discussion 2022

Chilla

Regular
Hi Chilla. Your posts show wisdom re AVZ, Stocks, ASX ...etc. But why not ask your questions at RS and AGM-online? That's my plan. All Melb attendees will benefit from your Qns. Anyway, see you at Y&J's ~5pm before RS. Br Sparrowhawk. IMO.
Hi Sparrow….I’ve been here for over 5 yrs and I have compiled a few pages of questions so far. If we don’t have to sign an nda for the Preso then I will ask questions that fit the tone of the session and are appropriate for the audience but if we are required to sign nda then I will stay silent as I don’t want the restrictions and obligations of an nda prejudicing anything I might need to say or wish to seek answers on in the future. Catch you at y&j 5pm.

Note to Elpha, Pasboz and Mining8 if you guys are looking…….be good to catch you all at y&j at 5pm too for a chat.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Chilla

Regular
Hi Sparrow….I’ve been here for over 5 yrs and I have compiled a few pages of questions so far. If we don’t have to sign an nda for the Preso then I will ask questions that fit the tone of the session and are appropriate for the audience but if we are required to sign nda then I will stay silent as I don’t want the restrictions and obligations of an nda prejudicing anything I might need to say or wish to seek answers on in the future. Catch you at y&j 5pm.

Note to Elpha, Pasboz and Mining8 if you guys are looking…….be good to catch you all at y&j at 5pm too for a chat.
Let me just add that I don’t think we will be asked to sign an nda and it will be a respectful verbal agreement not to disclose anything Nige says he would prefer is not disseminated on the basis it may harm AVZ’s case with Comminiere and Dathomir.

Further it is normal practice if an nda is required that the draft if forwarded in advance with sufficient time for it to be reviewed by your own lawyer if required….I would be extremely hesitant signing an nda on the night with only a short time to review it and if I had concerns and wanted it reviewed by a lawyer i wouldn’t be able to do that. So I don’t think Nige will do that to large shareholders with 2 weeks til the AGM

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Let me just add that I don’t think we will be asked to sign an nda and it will be a respectful verbal agreement not to disclose anything Nige says he would prefer is not disseminated on the basis it may harm AVZ’s case with Comminiere and Dathomir.

Further it is normal practice if an nda is required that the draft if forwarded in advance with sufficient time for it to be reviewed by your own lawyer if required….I would be extremely hesitant signing an nda on the night with only a short time to review it and if I had concerns and wanted it reviewed by a lawyer i wouldn’t be able to do that. So I don’t think Nige will do that to large shareholders with 2 weeks til the AGM
I would think a NDA would have been included in the invite, but rude for those travelling like myself to rock up and sign such a thing as you say.

Wait and see i guess haha

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
I would think a NDA would have been included in the invite, but rude for those travelling like myself to rock up and sign such a thing as you say.

I understand the NDA for the road show ,BUT , this tour cannot finish without the ML. AGM needs to be a celebration of the ML .

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Frank

Top 20
BREAKING NEWS (1).jpg

Electric vehicles: the battle is on between manufacturers to secure the supply of precious metals

One of the essential challenges for the automotive industry today is the development of the electric car and the supply of rare metals: lithium, copper, nickel and even cobalt.

A concern so essential that giants like Tesla, Renault or BMW compete mercilessly to make agreements with mining groups to guarantee their supply.

And there is indeed cause for concern in the face of the instability of certain political regimes.

This is particularly the case in Africa where a large part of the coveted rare metals are found. And the continent also faces accusations of violation of human rights or serious damage to the environment.

Tesla, future mining group?

Tesla, for example, has already reached agreements with the Chinese group Ganfeng Lithium or companies like Manono in the DRC, the Brazilian group Vale and other companies to buy the raw materials needed to manufacture its vehicles. :ROFLMAO:

And Elon Musk, who never does things by halves, is now considering investing in large mining groups.

With this in mind, it has entered into negotiations with Glencore, the Anglo-Swiss commodities giant and one of the world's leading battery recyclers. :unsure:

Discussions seem to be stalling on environmental issues.

This is because Tesla takes particular care of its image as a producer of "green" vehicles.

Exponentially growing needs

However, these considerations should not weigh very heavily in the face of the explosion in the need for rare metals.

For the manufacture of batteries, by 2035, six times more lithium, twice as much nickel and seven times more graphite will be needed than today!

However, Tesla, like all car manufacturers, is 85% dependent on the Chinese, who have invested heavily in mines, as well as in refining and battery manufacturing plants.

How to reduce this dependency?

Tesla's strategy is a short-term response. Taking stakes in mining groups or buying them out is good! But we then remain dependent on external suppliers and at the mercy of unpredictable geopolitical situations or environmental problems.

Europe is relying more on clean sources of supply. There are already 4 lithium extraction projects, in Finland, Austria and Germany, which could cover 80% of European needs for batteries.

France has around forty potential lithium extraction sites capable of equipping 700,000 electric cars.

But these projects come up against numerous resistance from opponents who denounce the very negative environmental impact of a possible exploitation of these deposits.

For its part, the European Commission wants to impose a battery recycling rate of 10% by 2035.

A scenario that is quite insufficient for environmentalists for whom the battle around rare metals is only one of the challenges of a larger fight: the automotive transition.

According to them, the world relies too much on electric vehicles alone, which we now know are far from being completely "green"!

mediacongo

Musk says Tesla has never contemplated investing in Glencore

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Friday that the electric carmaker has never considered investing in Swiss commodities group Glencore.
blank.gif

“No. We’ve never contemplated investing in Glencore,” he said, speaking at an investor conference in New York.

The Financial Times recently reported that Tesla had held talks on taking a 10-20% stake in Glencore, but the discussions ended with no deal reached.

mining.com

dont-shoot-the-messenger.jpg

Homer Confused.jpg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Mr Clean

Regular
I think it’s great they were obviously asked not too and they have done the right thing by the Company.
interesting the rhetoric coming from you Mr Clean 🤭
Odd how you have welcomed this. Not even a mention that someone went - and things won’t be discussed on here. Instead we’re left guessing.

Even so, hard to believe NF managed to get an entire NDA ready that covered everything that could be mentioned on social media. Even if that were true… all that achieves is the suppression of the very real concerns the vast majority of holders have and makes us even more likely to bring pineapples to the AGM - which I will be attending virtually.

More than likely that NZ holders that attended the RS are just not speaking to us. Muks the only one who said they were attending - compared to around 20 on these threads for Perth

Reactions: 4 users

pow4ade

Regular
FWIW...@muks was online this arvo, and this morning according to others. Despite his previous willingness to provide an update it would appear advise from the meeting has curbed his enthusiasm. Can only deduce this is a good thing.

Screenshot_20221105-223034_Chrome.jpg

• Thinking
  • Wow

Ev100x

Emerged
We don't need the attendees to the NZ RS to reveal all the details presented by Nigel & co due to confidential nature. All we need are comments from them on how they feel after the RS inwhich IMO will not be covered by any NDAs or gentlement agreement. Do they feel good, more confident of their holdings? Are they convinced that the ML/entire CDL are non issue? Are they convinced of the conflict of interest wrt to Nigel ASN holding etc....

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

oxxa23

Regular

Part of me says on verge of agm it is a dangerous game...

Yeah, in hindsight would need to be preparation and review time for an nda... having said that, if they could get ML before agm then most would be forgiven...

But, they'd have gonads of steel if they banked on drc govt coming through by agm if they'd pissed off major holders before it...

Reactions: 6 users
@Tysons

If its any consolation, i havnt received any PMs from the Perth roadshow, so i am in the dark about alot of things too, but i can assure you, i will be clearing my calendar on the 18/11/22 and attending the AGM at Fraser ballroom , 10 Adelaide Tce, East Perth ( literally 10 minutes away from where i live ) with all the questions i compiled for JAG plus more and i will reveal to ALL in the OPEN FORUM once i get home and compiled.

Thats less than 2 weeks away .
Thursday 17 Nov

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
There was no written NDA at the Perth RS. There was a note to turn phones off though as a requirement to enter the room.

Reactions: 5 users

JNRB

Regular
No NDAs.

Telling someone something verbally and asking them to keep it a little hush-hush is totally different to creating a paper trail that you are providing information to one specific group of shareholders that will not be received by others - big no-no.

I think nothing has been shared from NZ just because no-one there is active on the forum that felt they had something new to contribute. Otherwise, likely to get the sort of "can't say anything but got a good impression" kind of remarks

If something has been shared to a select group and the board have asked it not too be shared any further - I see the silence only as a good thing. Angry people don't stay quiet and don't do what they're told so people must be feeling more optimistic about things

And if they a

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Doc

Master of Quan
No NDAs.

Telling someone something verbally and asking them to keep it a little hush-hush is totally different to creating a paper trail that you are providing information to one specific group of shareholders that will not be received by others - big no-no.

I think nothing has been shared from NZ just because no-one there is active on the forum that felt they had something new to contribute. Otherwise, likely to get the sort of "can't say anything but got a good impression" kind of remarks

If something has been shared to a select group and the board have asked it not too be shared any further - I see the silence only as a good thing. Angry people don't stay quiet and don't do what they're told so people must be feeling more optimistic about things

And if they a

Been waiting since 4am for you to finish that sentence …..

• Haha
Reactions: 35 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
I've been on Amazon this morning looking at cheap pineapple related nick nacks. Have settled on this to wear to the Sydney RS

Screenshot 2022-11-06 091918.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
A couple of quick observations this morning from Nigel, the neighbours Beagle

1) The Kiwis might be better at keeping secrets than us

2) For Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne participants, don’t let the party following the Presentation end up like the Kiwis afterparty

We don’t want any of this:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

whales

Regular
I understand the NDA for the road show ,BUT , this tour cannot finish without the ML. AGM needs to be a celebration of the ML .
AGM
As you say cannot finish without ML.
Only way the ML can occurr now while the current
DG of CAMI remains in controll is either he is removed by the President or the President with his Presidential decree overrides the DG and awards ML.
This would send a very positive message to international investments , that corruption is being dealt with.
Would he do it .
Probably not but will through legal avenues .
So did M3 meet with the President and discuss Manono ML and CAMI?
For CAMI to use his name falsely that FT requested part of Manono to be given back to DRC and it may have been proven false is a major concern ?
Silence around these issues is Positive.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
@whales, hopefully Marius is doing what he’s getting paid for

60DB2F0E-B459-4BB6-A826-790EB3964426.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
954757BB-F900-49C1-B4C4-1E14A15D2D81.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

whales

Regular
AGM
As you say cannot finish without ML.
Only way the ML can occurr now while the current
DG of CAMI remains in controll is either he is removed by the President or the President with his Presidential decree overrides the DG and awards ML.
This would send a very positive message to international investments , that corruption is being dealt with.
Would he do it .
Probably not but will through legal avenues .
So did M3 meet with the President and discuss Manono ML and CAMI?
For CAMI to use his name falsely that FT requested part of Manono to be given back to DRC and it may have been proven false is a major concern ?
Silence around these issues is Positive.
Hi Moneybags care to share who are the 2 gentleman's on the right of FT ?
Thanks

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
Nigel the Beagle thinks it might be possible that negotiations are going on all fronts (DRC Govt - Cominiere / Dathomir / CATH)

My view is that if we had to give up part of the northern section, we would still have a significant amount of pegmatites from our CDL section and we already have over 400MT at RD alone and a BFS that should show massive massive gains waiting in the wings.

If we had to give part of the tenement in question away as a bargaining chip, of course I wouldn’t be happy, but if that’s what it took to get the ML signed, then I would be prepared to let go of my greed.

RD alone would make us more valuable than Pilbara Minerals and for anyone looking at long term there’s the PLS plant also in the pipeline.

The satellite photo showing the northern section makes our part of CDL look small but the actual size is not too bad.

Anyway, just my thoughts as Nigel the Beagle has made me sign a NDA and I’m here looking for information and at the moment the Beagle seems to be the only one giving me any

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom