AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
Hmm :unsure: here we go again.

DRC - Manono lithium mine: AVZ had falsely claimed to have an agreement with the government on the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga hydro power plant (tribune)​

Third party rights

For its credibility on the financial markets in particular, a company should not indulge in untruths. Yet Australia's AVZ Minerals did the opposite and were once again confounded for misleading claims.
For example, the tender for the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power station in Manono, which will supply the energy needed for the Manono lithium mine, was recently won by Katamba Mining. While AVZ claimed to have an agreement with the state. Which would give him ownership of this strategic energy infrastructure to develop the mine. It is on this false basis that AVZ intended to raise funding for the rehabilitation of this plant.
But with the awarding of the market for the rehabilitation of this plant to Katamba Mining, all of AVZ's disinformation has been exposed, to the chagrin of shareholders.
Indeed, in its capacity as a state-owned company, COMINIERE is the sole owner of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power station. Yet outside, and in particular on the ASX (Australian stock exchange), AVZ misled the DRC, by making the Australian stock exchange and shareholders believe that it had actively signed an agreement (PPP) with the Congolese government and that she has the right to exploit it. It is not so !
C/P Kambale Kakule Christian

Other than this article can't find any news regarding Mpiana Mwanga hydro over the past month. :unsure:

BTW fuck off Lars! Always plastering the info here all over Twitter whenever it suits your demented narrative.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Other than this article can't find any news regarding Mpiana Mwanga hydro over the past month. :unsure:

It’s because it’s bullshit mate. They are getting desperate

I think it’s the exact same article they put out there a few months back

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Haha yes Katamba mining = Zijin.

Cominiere have always said that we weren't allowed to sign that rehabilitation PPP with the Ministry of Energy as the faciliity wasn't theirs to give - as Cominiere owns it. Whether there's any grounding to that is almost immaterial at this point, as they are taking the position that its fact - and unravelling that will likely not be simple or quick without a seeningly unlikely intercession from on high

Totally unsurprisingly that they've 'given' it to Zijin, who also unsurprisingly, are not withdrawing their efforts re: Manono. Shock horror. They will probably use this wedge to leverage us into accepting their involvement in the project. Without that power, the project is a no-go.

Tackling this legally could put another massive roadblock in the way of the project. They're smart operators, Zijin. Especially with Cominiere and CAMI in their pocket.

It may be an unpopular opinion, however I'm slowly converging towards the stance that we should just accept a 15% Zijin involvement, and pay Dathomir the extra chunk they wanted for their 15%.

It would massively stick in my craw and cause blood to boil, but I just don't see how else we can maneuver through the rapids these guys are putting in our way in a concerted campaign. It could take years to sort through all the shit, and we are pushing back the likely production date already IMO into 2025 - even if we win in the campaign (which isn't certain)

Perhaps we already have that planned? - CATH to 9%, leaves 15% unaccounted for according to comments from Perth RS

I'm fucked if I know, waiting for Tim to tell us all

Sorry for typing out loud

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Ozthescot

Regular
Perhaps we already have that planned? - CATH to 9%, leaves 15% unaccounted for according to comments from Perth RS

I'm fucked if I know, waiting for Tim to tell us all

Sorry for typing out loud
Tims got a lot of explaining to do lately!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

The Fox

Regular

BTW fuck of Lars! Always plastering the info here all over Twitter whenever it suits your demented narrative.
Cominiere made statements many months ago that they are the true owners going back to an agreement in 2008 from memory when they were firing pot shots at AVZ. This is a little more aggressive and will significantly impact BFS if true. Let’s hope it’s bullshit. 🦊

• Thinking

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

Mate, I'm hoping you know a whole lot more than me. This is the first to be heard about the DAM. The old article was about the JV with COMINIERE

Has our mate been dealing behind the bike sheds yet again?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Azzler

Top 20
There's always diesel anyway, right?

Reactions: 3 users

wombat74

Top 20

Agree . Looks like total BS . Another one for Nigel on Monday night . You gotta laugh . Since the Road Show started we have supposedly lost CDL and the Power Station . Timing a coincidence ? What more BS can we expect between now and the AGM . What I do expect is the ML for Roche Dure .

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Haha yes Katamba mining = Zijin.

Cominiere have always said that we weren't allowed to sign that rehabilitation PPP with the Ministry of Energy as the faciliity wasn't theirs to give - as Cominiere owns it. Whether there's any grounding to that is almost immaterial at this point, as they are taking the position that its fact - and unravelling that will likely not be simple or quick without a seeningly unlikely intercession from on high

Totally unsurprisingly that they've 'given' it to Zijin, who also unsurprisingly, are not withdrawing their efforts re: Manono. Shock horror. They will probably use this wedge to leverage us into accepting their involvement in the project. Without that power, the project is a no-go.

Tackling this legally could put another massive roadblock in the way of the project. They're smart operators, Zijin. Especially with Cominiere and CAMI in their pocket.

It may be an unpopular opinion, however I'm slowly converging towards the stance that we should just accept a 15% Zijin involvement, and pay Dathomir the extra chunk they wanted for their 15%.

It would massively stick in my craw and cause blood to boil, but I just don't see how else we can maneuver through the rapids these guys are putting in our way in a concerted campaign. It could take years to sort through all the shit, and we are pushing back the likely production date already IMO into 2025 - even if we win in the campaign (which isn't certain)
Give those burggers a 30% inch and they'll take it all. :mad:

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Samus

Top 20
Mate, I'm hoping you know a whole lot more than me. This is the first to be heard about the DAM. The old article was about the JV with COMINIERE

Has our mate been dealing behind the bike sheds yet again?
They take turns gobbling off Congs tiny wiener behind the TTX tailings pile in return for bags of snacks.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

The Fox

Regular
hmm - the words “investigate” and “feasibility” appear In that article. Something more definitive had better exist.
It will be a very interesting RS event in Melbourne next week.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piana–Mwanga_Hydroelectric_Power_Station

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Rediah

Regular
Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
Klaus flicks Nth/CDL to Zijin . Zijin controls the Power Station . Not sure if Zijin can hold AVZ to ransom in this situation ? What's Cath going to do ? If any of this is true , you can see the Chinese chess manoeuvres playing out here .

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20
Give those burggers a 30% inch and they'll take it all. :mad:
*Fyi, I see where

It has been 4 years since the DRC revised the mining code.

This has provided three levers with a mandatory and binding nature for mining companies.

These are the mining royalty, the specifications and the endowment of 0.3% of the turnover of mining companies.

Indeed, two years after the promulgation and implementation of the revised mining code, some mining companies have proceeded to the regular payment of mining royalties.

And also, at the signing of the specifications. But as for the allocation of 0.3%, there is a great delay in its implementation.

Who is responsible ?

Some companies accuse the Congolese state.

Because for them, they are responsible for slowing down the staffing process.

Other mining companies indicate that the delay is due to the many problems faced by mining companies.

Elise Kalasa, an executive at Ruashi Mining, mentioned a few.

It is, among other things, the harassment and the invasion of their mining squares.

In addition, the difficulties related to electricity which prevent companies from realizing the revenues planned by the mining project.

Added to this, the development of the manual for the implementation of the endowment which has just been carried out 3 years after the revision of the mining code.

"Companies pay the fee regularly, but we do not feel the support of the State within the framework of its responsibilities".

For civil society, the delay is accentuated by the designation and installation of specialized organizations set up by the national ministry of mines and social affairs.

These procedures require that only the delegation from Kinshasa proceed with the designation and installation of members of specialized organizations for the management of the 0.3% allocation.

As a result, civil society indicates that work is underway to develop advocacy. This, for the simplification of these procedures.

Let's say that the delay in the process of the 0.3% allocation was the subject of debate.

It was during the training workshop for members of specialized agencies organized by the Carter Center.

It was the conference room of the Lubumbashi hotel that served as the setting for this activity.

This lasted two days, from November 3 to 4, 2022.

things-that-make-you-go-hmm.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Hemicuda

Regular
Hope nige and co have the Sofitel booked all Monday night,

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

antimatter

Regular
Fuck me, all this new info is like death by thousand 🍍 up your behind. 😔

• Haha
  • Fire

Bin59

Regular
View attachment 21365
Above, the hydro power station is one of the 3 projects running under AVZ according to the search results in my above post.

Note that the wiki page provided (thanks @The Fox) was last edited 8 months ago:

1667620900336.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom