AVZ Discussion 2022

D

Deleted member 1612

I think well and truly the NZ crew have been told to keep it real tight

Fair enough too

The amount of weird new nics and wannabes appearing from nowhere and asking to be included in info from the original Perth RS was alarming to say the least

And we all know the shitstorm of disinformation that erupted on social media pretty soon after that presentation

Best person with any chance of getting any info on the NZ pres I reckon would be @Xerof

And quite frankly I think he would be well within his rights and probably very wise to not share anything with anybody on the forum at this point in time
Yeah I’d agree with that, as much as it pains my own level of impatience, I think it’s for the better good. So many new posters suddenly popping up and they’re the ones posting, I’m sure there are many more lurking in the shadows.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Azzler

Top 20
The dude just hasnt logged on yet, or cant be assed right now.
If it's all hush hush he would have just come on and said that, and maybe how he felt after the presso.

• Thinking

Azzler

Top 20
Also, I'm wondering that the leak might not come from the info shared in private here.
What Jag shared to me about the email didn't contain any information regarding MMM relaying his dissapointment of the some minister, to Felix.
CD mentioned something about it in the tweet, then MMM's reply also mentioned it.
So that didn't come from someone who Jag PM'd.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Tysons

you're impatience and frustration is taking over your better judgement for best chance at long term success...if they feel it's best to be quiet, we can only trust that people smarter and more informed are better at making that call than us.... more in reply here to your rant on HC... understandable, but, short sighted i feel..
Well in response there is nothing to stop people saying yes iwent but because of media speculation I can not comment, as for patients I have been here 4 years and been in suspension for 6 months, so that has long gone,if a gag order has been ordered then fine but all us holders want to know about CDL which we have a right to know, either or some kind of acknowledgement to people's waiting would be appreciated,rant over happy..

Samus

Top 20
Hmm :unsure: here we go again.

DRC - Manono lithium mine: AVZ had falsely claimed to have an agreement with the government on the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga hydro power plant (tribune)​

Third party rights

For its credibility on the financial markets in particular, a company should not indulge in untruths. Yet Australia's AVZ Minerals did the opposite and were once again confounded for misleading claims.
For example, the tender for the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power station in Manono, which will supply the energy needed for the Manono lithium mine, was recently won by Katamba Mining. While AVZ claimed to have an agreement with the state. Which would give him ownership of this strategic energy infrastructure to develop the mine. It is on this false basis that AVZ intended to raise funding for the rehabilitation of this plant.
But with the awarding of the market for the rehabilitation of this plant to Katamba Mining, all of AVZ's disinformation has been exposed, to the chagrin of shareholders.
Indeed, in its capacity as a state-owned company, COMINIERE is the sole owner of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power station. Yet outside, and in particular on the ASX (Australian stock exchange), AVZ misled the DRC, by making the Australian stock exchange and shareholders believe that it had actively signed an agreement (PPP) with the Congolese government and that she has the right to exploit it. It is not so !
C/P Kambale Kakule Christian

• Wow
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users

Bray

Regular
Fuck me can’t we have one fucking weekend without some absolute bullshit article

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 23 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Also, I'm wondering that the leak might not come from the info shared in private here.
What Jag shared to me about the email didn't contain any information regarding MMM relaying his dissapointment of the some minister, to Felix.
CD mentioned something about it in the tweet, then MMM's reply also mentioned it.
So that didn't come from someone who Jag PM'd.
All good Azz

Didn't think the leaked info came from Jag's PM's to anyone necessarily

Just think in general it seems best to let the company do the talking at this point in time....even if it's frustratingly slow :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Yeah I was aware Xerof couldn't go but he's well respected on the forums with his open minded and questioning approach and I reckon he would privately be in touch with a few of the players over there

Thanks for your support Wino.

In actual fact I don't have any contact with others outside the various SM forums I belong to, other than a private group which uses Signal, and is invite only. AVZ is not a part of that discussion group, as, despite recommending AVZ to everyone around the 5 cent level, NOBODY took my advice. But that group is almost defunct, as most of the investments taken are shit for the moment, and nobody wants to talk about them. LOL

I don't know @muks at all, and so really, I'm not expecting him to correspond privately with some tosser on the net. I would like him too, but understand if he doesn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Sad

Xerxes

Emerged

DRC - Manono lithium mine: AVZ had falsely claimed to have an agreement with the government on the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga hydro power plant (tribune)​

Third-party rights

For its credibility on the financial markets in particular, a company should not indulge in untruths. Yet Australia's AVZ Minerals did the opposite and were once again confounded for misleading claims.
For example, the tender for the rehabilitation of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power station in Manono, which will supply the energy needed for the Manono lithium mine, was recently won by Katamba Mining. While AVZ claimed to have an agreement with the state. Which would give him ownership of this strategic energy infrastructure to develop the mine. It is on this false basis that AVZ intended to raise funding for the rehabilitation of this plant.
But with the awarding of the market for the rehabilitation of this plant to Katamba Mining, all of AVZ's disinformation has been exposed, to the chagrin of shareholders.
Indeed, in its capacity as a state-owned company, COMINIERE is the sole owner of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power station. Yet outside, and in particular on the ASX (Australian stock exchange), AVZ misled the DRC, by making the Australian stock exchange and shareholders believe that it had actively signed an agreement (PPP) with the Congolese government and that she has the right to feat it. It is not so!

The same website has posted another hit piece on avz again this morning, having a go at all the NGOs which asked for cominiere and zijin to be punished.

I'm expecting a third piece later today claiming Nigel is the anti-christ.

Clearly these paid articles are getting more frequent. First from mines.cd, now 7sur7.

This excites me

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Ashlee

Regular
Almost a year ago...

AVZ joins new DRC Battery Council to develop battery value chain

Nov 26, 2021

AVZ Minerals has provided an update on the recently convened DRC Africa Business Forum and the signing of a pledge to develop a locally sourced battery minerals chain for the burgeoning EV market.

Hosted by the DRC Government in Kinshasa (24-25 November 2021) the DRC-Africa Business Forum was led by its Ministry of Industry and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), in collaboration with the African Export–Import Bank (Afreximbank), the African Development Bank (ADB), the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA), the African Legal Support Facility (ALSF) and the United Nations Global Compact.

A key objective of the DRC-Africa Business Forum was to foster the development of a battery, electric vehicle and renewable energy industrial value chain and market in Africa.

The DRC Government’s expected outcomes for the forum included:

Identification of business opportunities to build regional value chains in the battery, electric vehicle and renewable energy sub-sectors within the DRC and other battery minerals producing countries in Africa; Clear enabling government policies for project developer and financiers including (i) the creation of a DRC Battery Council; (ii) a commitment to invest and build a battery minerals industry in the DRC; and Articulated government support to facilitate investments in battery, electric vehicles and renewable energy value chains in the DRC and in Africa in general.

Serge Ngandu, Corporate Affairs Director for AVZ Minerals’ subsidiary Dathcom Mining, presented AVZ’s flagship Manono Lithium and Tin Project to delegates attending the first day of the DRC-Africa Business Forum. He also participated in a panel discussion with dignitaries from both the DRC and other African nations, including Heads of State and Captains of Industry.

The Presidential discussion, which was led by His Excellency Mr. Felix Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, President of the DRC, provided government leaders with a platform to demonstrate their commitment to and rationale for investing in the battery minerals industry in Africa and within the DRC.

Immediately following the Presidential discussion, the Congolese Government as well as the technical and financial partners such as CEA, AFC and BADEA signed commitments for the development of a battery minerals industry in the DRC.

AVZ’s wholly owned subsidiary AVZ International Pty Ltd was invited to execute this agreement, which was undertaken by Balthazar Tshiseke, the Deputy General Manager and Director of Dathcom.

AVZ’s Managing Director, Nigel Ferguson, said:

“The signing of this pledge provides a strong platform for the development of a battery minerals industry in the DRC which AVZ wholeheartedly supports, and is also an incredibly significant development as we enter the final stages of securing the Mining Licence and permits for the Manono Project.”

“The DRC and Africa is strategically positioned to play a pivotal role in the global transition to clean energy and decarbonisation and the Manono Project will greatly assist to improve the fortunes of the Congolese people, which AVZ Minerals is very supportive”.

“We are excited to be the only aspiring mining company that has been invited to join the newly formed DRC Battery Council which will be presided over by the President of the DRC and the Executive Secretary for the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, along with a myriad of other significant organisations”.
Battery council didn’t rate a mention at Perth Roadshow guess it was all fluff and ceremony for the media.

• Sad
  • Thinking

Azzler

Top 20
Man that "Article" doesn't even attempt at sounding like a journalist wrote it.
Just the language of a typical HC troll.
They're desperate.

But the information needs to be checked. Interesting that these things seem to happen immediately after a road show ends.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I have a question to be put at the Brizzie RS

What is the status of the MOU over the rehabilitation of the Dam.
Do we still have rights to use it? (or has some other cunt snuck in the backdoor)

Well, bugger me............I wonder if @muks got to ask this one last night?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Samus

Top 20
Just finished wasting another 30mins of my life on the minutes of the council of ministers video as well. It's kinda like a sick joke starting at about 21mins.

• Sad
  • Thinking

Roon

Regular
Haha yes Katamba mining = Zijin.

Cominiere have always said that we weren't allowed to sign that rehabilitation PPP with the Ministry of Energy as the faciliity wasn't theirs to give - as Cominiere owns it. Whether there's any grounding to that is almost immaterial at this point, as they are taking the position that its fact - and unravelling that will likely not be simple or quick without a seeningly unlikely intercession from on high

Totally unsurprisingly that they've 'given' it to Zijin, who also unsurprisingly, are not withdrawing their efforts re: Manono. Shock horror. They will probably use this wedge to leverage us into accepting their involvement in the project. Without that power, the project is a no-go.

Tackling this legally could put another massive roadblock in the way of the project. They're smart operators, Zijin. Especially with Cominiere and CAMI in their pocket.

It may be an unpopular opinion, however I'm slowly converging towards the stance that we should just accept a 15% Zijin involvement, and pay Dathomir the extra chunk they wanted for their 15%.

It would massively stick in my craw and cause blood to boil, but I just don't see how else we can maneuver through the rapids these guys are putting in our way in a concerted campaign. It could take years to sort through all the shit, and we are pushing back the likely production date already IMO into 2025 - even if we win in the campaign (which isn't certain)

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users

Charbella

Regular
Well, bugger me............I wonder if @muks got to ask this one last night?
I just clicked in your tag, Muks was last seen on TSE 26 minutes ago. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Third party rights

Indeed, in its capacity as a state-owned company, COMINIERE is the sole owner of the Mpiana Mwanga hydroelectric power station. Yet outside, and in particular on the ASX (Australian stock exchange), AVZ misled the DRC, by making the Australian stock exchange and shareholders believe that it had actively signed an agreement (PPP) with the Congolese government and that she has the right to exploit it. It is not so !

Thanks for sharing that info Sam. From memory Katamba mining is Zigin so definitely more bullshit from them and the other corrupter’s

Whoops…. Sorry to repeat lads, I now see @Xerof and @Roon already had it covered.

Roon, Cominiere’s boss was being charged according to the IGF and I thought Cominiere were basically fucked now, so more than likely just more false statements like they tried back in May

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users

Samus

Top 20
Thanks for sharing that info Sam. From memory Katanga mining is Zigin so definitely more bullshit from them and the other corrupter’s
I'm sick of drowning in bullshit, about time someone threw us a lifeline surely. 😵

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom