AVZ Discussion 2022

JAG

Top 20
Something about Tim, the guy who will be telling fuckin all.

I had Sooshi Mango do a cameo for my daughter and son-in-law for their wedding....Fn sensational and went down a treat for all the Greeks and Italians. Just a small wedding with only 290 guests.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Are they leaving things to the last minute hoping sh's attending won't have time to stock up on pineapples!?!? 🍍😬

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

CashKing

Regular
With the Perth roadshow kicking off next Monday 5.00pm if we are to believe management's previous announcement we should be getting an update on activities in the DRC some time prior

With that in mind I would speculate the pre-roadshow update would be released post-trading on Friday or pre-trading on Monday

Just pure speculation but that at the minimum would provide everyone some time prior to the roadshow to digest whatever information it might contain

I for one am very keen to see the promised update

Will be super pissed off if it's not provided
It's really just a matter of how many times do you want to be let down mate ?

Also you should already be super pissed off :mad:

GFLTAH

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
With the Perth roadshow kicking off next Monday 5.00pm if we are to believe management's previous announcement we should be getting an update on activities in the DRC some time prior

With that in mind I would speculate the pre-roadshow update would be released post-trading on Friday or pre-trading on Monday

Just pure speculation but that at the minimum would provide everyone some time prior to the roadshow to digest whatever information it might contain

I for one am very keen to see the promised update

Will be super pissed off if it's not provided

Since we are in suspension they could just drop a nothing but fluff announcement mid day. The update could be as little as what canapes they will be serving in the evening.

• Thinking
  • Sad

TheCount

Regular
Where did you get that footage of @TheCount from making his home brew? 😂

Cellar is stocked full of brew - will send you a new variety next week when back in the office.

Been making more hand sanitiser of late.

Hand sanitiser.gif

Cheers,
TC.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20
happy homer simpson GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Cellar is stocked full of brew - will send you a new variety next week when back in the office.

Been making more hand sanitiser of late.

View attachment 20289

Cheers,
TC.

Good idea on hand sanitizer. When you ramming a pineapple up someone’s coit you can go a little to far and make a mess thus needing that sanitizer. Best make up little bottles and leave at the door of the Roadshows

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JasonM

Regular
the quarterly is due this month, so no matter what we will get an update. just hope ffs its a good one, I think it will be, given all the wink wink its coming messages but just in case if its not, I'll take my sons cricket bat into the melbourne roadshow.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Azzler

Top 20
I'm still at a loss trying to imagine what is the point of a roadshow if we aren't moving forward, post mining licence.
Like what are they going to even talk about?
Why would they host a multi city roadshow event, with nothing to say?
The AGM is in a couple of weeks... So why go to all this trouble when they have the AGM platform so soon?
Anyone want to fill in the blank of what they're going to talk about, city to city, if we aren't moving forward post ML or post TO or something like that?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
Apparently Nigel has chosen his outfit for the roadshow & AGM....

View attachment 20263
So it looks like the groin area is well protected - that’s good. I wonder if there is an opening at the back, for, um, fruit?

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
C

ChrisU

AVZ management will have to step up and treat shareholders a little better IMO.
This is indeed a topic. Nigel and Klaus were so used to a quiet little shell. I recall the first meeting April 2017, the staff expressed astonishment about investors turning up. That’s what you’re dealing with public companies run as if private shells. Nigel of course has some time since his first proactive interview for AVZ in April 2018 and then RIU in person in 2019. It’s as if he avoided as much as possible Australian shareholders in that time. But as the metrics and lithium improved so has his confidence.

The fact is, Congolese are better informed. If all this was happening in Australia, in English, there is less room to be selective with information.

Reactions: 6 users

Bin59

Regular
  • Fire
  • Wow

Remark

Top 20
  • Love

Remark

Top 20
From the AFR report...

"Fortescue will also need to buy large volumes of platinum group elements like iridium if its plan to become a manufacturer of hydrogen electrolysers comes to fruition.

Fortescue has been exploring for lithium in Western Australia, South America and Portugal since about 2016 but has not discovered a project of material size.

Asked how the Fortescue Future Industries (FFI) clean energy division would source the lithium and battery minerals it requires, Dr Forrest said he ideally wanted the mining division to be the supplier."

Bin59

Regular
Another one that wants lithium - FMG!!!

Locked article.

He knowsDRC / Felix through his interest in Hydrogen… 🤔

• Thinking

TheCount

Regular
Another one that wants lithium - FMG!!!

Locked article.

Fortescue wants to mine its own lithium as margins shrink​

Peter Ker

Peter KerResources reporter
Oct 27, 2022 – 4.30pm
Save
Fortescue executive chairman Andrew Forrest says he wants the mining side of the business to supply the “future facing” metals required by its clean energy division, and soaring diesel costs demonstrate why the company wants to push into clean energy.
The unit cost of producing Fortescue’s iron ore in the past three months was 16 per cent higher than the same period of last year, despite a slump in the Australian dollar over the same period reducing the company’s US dollar denominated costs.
A tight labour market and soaring diesel prices drove overall costs higher and Mr Forrest said the diesel price surge vindicated the company’s previous efforts to install solar power and gas-fired power as well as its plan to manufacture batteries and hydrogen in future.
“Our biggest cost driver is fossil fuel, diesel in particular, we have mitigated that to a point with gas, but the big one is diesel and that is why we started the decarbonisation process,” he said.
Dr Forrest said Fortescue’s plan to eliminate consumption of fossil fuels by 2030 would “shave 20 to 25 per cent off our costs, if not a little more by that stage”.
Fortescue is being squeezed between rising input costs, sliding iron ore prices and a big looming spend on its plan to become a clean energy producer.

Benchmark ore with 62 per cent iron was fetching $US87.80 a tonne on October 27, well below the $US119.65 a tonne recorded by Platts for October 27 last year.
Macquarie analysts said continued lockdowns in China to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic were dampening demand for iron ore, while a recovery in sales in the Chinese property sector had also stalled in recent weeks.
Analyst consensus measured by Bloomberg predicts that Fortescue’s underlying profits in 2022-23 will be about 28 per cent lower than last year, which itself was almost 40 per cent below the bumper $US10.2 billion profit announced in August 2021.
Fortescue acquired battery manufacturer Williams Advanced Engineering earlier this year, which will likely stoke its need for battery minerals such as lithium, cobalt, graphite and copper.
Fortescue will also need to buy large volumes of platinum group elements like iridium if its plan to become a manufacturer of hydrogen electrolysers comes to fruition.
Fortescue has been exploring for lithium in Western Australia, South America and Portugal since about 2016 but has not discovered a project of material size.
Asked how the Fortescue Future Industries (FFI) clean energy division would source the lithium and battery minerals it requires, Dr Forrest said he ideally wanted the mining division to be the supplier.
“Fortescue Metals group is a fantastic explorer and developer but also acquirer of assets and as you’ve heard us say in the past, we will be taking responsibility as a mining and exploration company without many peers in success to deliver the battery metals and the future facing metals which FFI needs,” he said.
“The beauty of FFI is that it gives us a really clear view into the future of what [minerals] are going to be required by when.”
Lithium prices have risen more than tenfold over the past two years on strong demand and tight supply, but Dr Forrest poured cold water on the outlook for the sector.
“I am just not seeing a shortage, there is so many lithium projects we get offered so it is just one of those things that is just not keeping me awake at night at all,” he said.
Dr Forrest praised the Albanese government for its approach to clean energy in Tuesday’s budget, which revealed the push toward net zero would cost at least $24.9 billion over the next decade, with much of that going on electricity transmission infrastructure.
“In the medium term the $25 billion they’ve put towards green energy is a good start, if we had been doing this many, many years ago we would have the lowest cost energy in the world and the most abundant,” he said.
Fortescue shipped 47.5 million tonnes of iron ore from Western Australia over the past three months – the highest volumes ever achieved by the company in the three months to September 30.
UBS had expected Fortescue to ship 47 million tonnes in the period.
Fortescue has told investors to expect between 187 million and 192 million tonnes of iron ore to be shipped from Western Australia in the year to June 2023.
Fortescue said in August that 1 million tonnes of those exports would come from the Iron Bridge magnetite project.
Iron Bridge harvests low-grade iron deposits and uses an energy-intensive process to turn the ore into a concentrate with 67 per cent iron, under a business model that has higher costs than traditional iron ore mining but should also receive higher prices to reflect the higher iron grades.
Dr Forrest said on Thursday that Fortescue was “likely” to sell Iron Bridge’s magnetite concentrate as a discrete product but would retain the flexibility to blend or “shandy” it through its traditional iron ore products to raise the overall iron content of those products.
Fortescue said in July that Iron Bridge would cost between $US3.6 billion and $US3.8 billion to construct and would deliver its first iron ore before March 31, 2023.
Those cost and schedule estimates were reaffirmed on Thursday.
Those cost and schedule estimates have blown out since the project was approved in April 2019, when Fortescue said it would cost $US2.9 billion and deliver first ore before June 2022.
The original plan had Iron Bridge ramping up to full production by June 2023.
Peter Ker covers resource companies for The Australian Financial Review, based in Melbourne.Connect with Peter on Twitter. Email Peter at pker@afr.com

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
I'm still at a loss trying to imagine what is the point of a roadshow if we aren't moving forward, post mining licence.
Like what are they going to even talk about?
Why would they host a multi city roadshow event, with nothing to say?
The AGM is in a couple of weeks... So why go to all this trouble when they have the AGM platform so soon?
Anyone want to fill in the blank of what they're going to talk about, city to city, if we aren't moving forward post ML or post TO or something like that?

The Weather most likely and what the Fuck they're doing with that Crane i'd like to know :unsure:

Apparently it Rains over there, just like here again today where it pissed down, as

Floods in Kinshasa: "this is a reflection of the weak sanitation policy", Fiston Ilangi (urban planner)

1666852769956.png

It has been several years since very heavy rain, the city of Kinshasa, a megalopolis of more than ten million inhabitants, has been under water.

Crossed by about twenty rivers, the city of Kinshasa is staring after each rain.

Dread and amazement, shock and fear. Superlatives become weak to describe the situation of the Congolese capital after the rain.

The rainy season has barely started when the megalopolis is already under water. After the torrential rain that fell all morning on Monday, October 24, "Kin la belle" stared at herself.

This state of affairs would be the consequence of an inefficient city sanitation policy.

This is what the town planner Fiston Ilangi told Media Congo Press.

The expert recalled that initially the city of Kinshasa had a business of 400,000 inhabitants. But today, we have a population size of around 15 million (hypothesis).

As the city is still dynamic, collective facilities (schools, hospitals, markets, etc.) as well as basic infrastructure (roads, various networks) should also follow this urban dynamism. Which is not the case, he regrets.

“It is a reflection of the disorder, the weak sanitation policy, the ungovernability of this city. In terms of urban planning, planning should precede occupation, but unfortunately in the city of Kinshasa, people occupy the sites upstream and planning comes after”, he laments.

“Urbanization per se no longer exists. I hardly see the importance of the Ministry of Urban Planning and Housing anymore because we can't understand what it is doing exactly in our country, "he continued.

Fiston Ilangi also deplored the fact that town planners are not involved in decision-making affecting their sector. “Our authorities do not listen to the experts.

They reflect only on the political aspects without any allusion to the technique. In the office of the Minister of Urban Planning, there is no urban planner as an advisor and the governor of the city of Kinshasa also has no urban planner in his office.

In addition, the Presidency of the Republic should have town planners, the Ministers of Infrastructure and Public Works, Land Affairs are unfortunately not surrounded by politicians”, he regrets.

To solve the problem of floods facing the city of Kinshasa, he pleads for the implementation of the new urbanization plan for the city of Kinshasa, which has existed since 2015, but also and above all for the people of Kinshasa to show Urban and ecological culture.

mediacongo

*TBO

No Idea.jpg

#i-know-nothing-i-hear-nothing.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

TheCount

Regular
Good idea on hand sanitizer. When you ramming a pineapple up someone’s coit you can go a little to far and make a mess thus needing that sanitizer. Best make up little bottles and leave at the door of the Roadshows
These are little bottles - well, they don't last long!!

IMG_4855 2.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 5.50.32 pm.png

Cheers.
TC.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

j.l

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Samus

Top 20
the quarterly is due this month, so no matter what we will get an update. just hope ffs its a good one, I think it will be, given all the wink wink its coming messages but just in case if its not, I'll take my sons cricket bat into the melbourne roadshow.
I'm ready too
images (1) (5).jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom