AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
Me, can you pick me up mate.
Ohh dear, you know it’s on when JAG leaves the Kia at home on a car show/royal show/shit show/ wait I’m getting there AVZ Road Show 😆

GLTAH

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
The Perth roadshow is the absolute key here IMO

What is presented and what they say on the 31st (if it's to be believed) can "potentially" render every other presentation a pleasant drinks and canape fest.... or....... alternatively........ it could create a massively heightened situation that will have serious numbers of subsequent attendees in OZ and NZ doubling down on some really fucking hard questions

Use your time wisely those that are lucky enough to go whether it be Perth or elsewhere ;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

CashKing

Regular
Don't worry Guys, I can pick you all up in the TARDIS , If i leave tomorrow i should be there yesterday by my calculations :unsure:

That should give me enough time to swing by Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide to pick up The Count, Moneybags, Winenut, BenGriffo, Fletch, plus we can't forget Sam-I-Am and a few others in the Boot (y)

View attachment 20020
That’s still looking mint mate, new bumper waiting for Tbag Tommy I see… Few stains already 👍 .

“I swear officer 😉 Tbag Tommy jumped out in front while I was picking up the nuns from church 😂

👍

GLTAH & Fuck Tommy

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Peterg

Brissy here we come, was hoping for a background of pineapples on the invite, spodumene will suffice ;).
Felix back from Tanzania is now ready to showcase our ML an MSEZ an maybe more to the world, Thurs or Fri !
🤞
See you there booked and ready.

Reactions: 4 users

Bin59

Regular
1666727125459.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 32 users
Hi. I'm new here and a modest holder under the Roadshow invitation level. Will there be a Zoom or other internet stream option available? I have enjoyed reading all of your posts for some time. Kept me sane and entertained. Cheers
Hey matie, don't think there will be a zoom of any kind. However, generally they would send out a presentation prior if that helps. Also you can attend the AGM via zoom.

Reactions: 9 users
When/where is the Sydney one? My invite must’ve got lost in the mail :(
Send them an email mate. It's on the 9th at 5pm in the city.

Reactions: 4 users

Bin59

Regular
The article below published yesterday (25 Oct) states AVZ are still waiting on the operating permit.

Tanganyka/Kalemy: Young people on the street against the construction of the Manono lithium battery manufacturing plant in Haut-Katanga

October 25, 2022

Kiki Kienge

By Kiki Kienge

"The Manono lithium must be transformed into finished products only in Tanganyika," message from the demonstrators.

A coalition of youth associations from Tanganyika demonstrated on Monday, October 24 in Kalemie against the construction of the Manono lithium battery manufacturing plant outside Tanganyika province.

The demonstration left Kisebwe Square in Kalemie, after borrowing some arteries of the city, the demonstrators landed at the Tanganyika Provincial Assembly. The president of the provincial assembly.

The Honourable Kibombo Kakudji Vincent, accompanied by his office, received the young leaders of the youth associations of Tanganyika who gave the provincial authorities a memo in reference to their challenge, which read:

"This plot orchestrated by some of the leaders of the central government and the boss of Haut-Katanga province tends to conspire against our province, we will even say tending to conspire against our future and the future of our children. ”

Recall that the Congolese government had signed an agreement with Zambia for the creation of an industrial zone in Haut-Katanga, for the development and manufacture of Manono lithium batteries, another probably in Lualaba and Manono.

The Congolese authorities defend the choice of Lubumbashi and Kolwezi for the manufacture of Manono lithium-based batteries, advancing the composition of the batteries that are composed of several ores and metals found in Upper Katanga and Lualaba, including the electrical energy production infrastructures that Tanganyika does not currently have.

According to the authorities, it would take much more time to build all the infrastructure necessary for the manufacture of batteries in Tanganyika, when the exploitation of lithium by AVZ Minerals should begin in 2023 as soon as the operating permit is obtained, which for a reason that only God knows, is still stuck in the territories of the director of CAMI, Jean-Félix Mupande.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
The Perth roadshow is the absolute key here IMO

What is presented and what they say on the 31st (if it's to be believed) can "potentially" render every other presentation a pleasant drinks and canape fest.... or....... alternatively........ it could create a massively heightened situation that will have serious numbers of subsequent attendees in OZ and NZ doubling down on some really fucking hard questions

Use your time wisely those that are lucky enough to go whether it be Perth or elsewhere ;)

100% correct - if Perth is a shitshow then I won't be bothered going to Sydney. I'm hoping Sydney will be a celebration of what was announced at Perth, in which case I'll be there with bells on.

Reactions: 13 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
good morning my friends. is the kongopress tweet the first sign of the ML ?

Unsure, as always take anything from Twitter with a grain of salt. The screenshot appears to just be from that video where Zijin supposedly renounces it's claim to the 15%, I've always been suss on it because of the face masks. How can you tell a Zijin employees lying? Their lips are moving...

I'm more interested in the tweet that was posted yesterday by Frank, especially the bit I've highlighted:

sez.JPG

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Doc

Master of Quan
100% correct - if Perth is a shitshow then I won't be bothered going to Sydney. I'm hoping Sydney will be a celebration of what was announced at Perth, in which case I'll be there with bells on.

100%. Would love to have a beer with a few long termers with good info to celebrate

Reactions: 7 users
good morning my friends. is the kongopress tweet the first sign of the ML.
Been many false clues this year. I'm not holding my breath. Although kongopress is pretty legit right?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
C

ChrisU

How’s that afr article!
Zijin Mining confidently looks forward to the ICC hearing in April 2023 and expects AVZ’s abuse of Zijin Mining’s 15 per cent stake in the Manono project as alleged will be addressed,” Zijin’s in-house legal counsel Sun Kuiyuan said on Thursday. “Zijin Mining is disappointed with AVZ’s lack of cooperation with the minority shareholders of the Manono project.

Why the fuck don’t management comment and push back on this! Sorry but this is a fucking joke. These proceedings have been in the works longer than we have known. Nigel has to open his mouth for something other than sucking down his fucking pay cheque and free shares
Nigel is afraid of a gaffe?

I’m sure he’d like to let rip.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 7 users
C

ChrisU

Things have changed for the company since earlier in the year. There has been more than enough talking done by management prior to the suspension. It would be best if they focused on action in the DRC if they don't have important news to discuss at the roadshows.
There won’t be enough time for everything, granted. But, it works marvellously well if the company is talking about project parts including studies completed to ascertain the grain of their true direction. Favourite tactic of immigration officers, is to ask the long story to see if it falls apart.

Reactions: 2 users

The Fox

Regular
Been many false clues this year. I'm not holding my breath. Although kongopress is pretty legit right?
False clues......😲

page1image26221680

Yes, many of which filtered down from AVZ management who's had little control of things these past 6 months. Obviously there has been a significant gap between what AVZ management expected to occur and when, compared to reality.

The articles published in Kongo Press are really one man's work, Kiki who appears independant. IMO he is doing a better job reporting current issues than AVZ management or Momentum put together. His early tweets are telling and show where he was getting up to speed on AVZ issues and then decided to be a voice on all matters Manono.

I doubt he is being sponsored by AVZ, yet he should be someone the company looks after in due course. Kiki would be an asset to AVZ over coming years as a press liaison officer or similar IMO. AVZ could do with a few more Kiki's.

Cheers The Fox

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
So Foxy Baby, are they all on radio silence at the moment? Always a good sign if so.

I agree, Kiki Kongo has picked up our baton, although Franck has gone quiet.

I also saw bombersmadd is trying to stir the pot on the bird with some long bow connections. Idiot. Another good sign

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Flexi

Regular
Frank, I notice there are no Rego plates on your TARDIS. I hope you will be applying for a 24 hour Registration permit before you start the journey.
Hold on....... my bad.....if you leave tomorrow and arrive Yesterday you wont need Registration plates.
Have a safe trip with boys.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

JAG

Top 20
False clues......😲

View attachment 20032

Yes, many of which filtered down from AVZ management who's had little control of things these past 6 months. Obviously there has been a significant gap between what AVZ management expected to occur and when, compared to reality.

The articles published in Kongo Press are really one man's work, Kiki who appears independant. IMO he is doing a better job reporting current issues than AVZ management or Momentum put together. His early tweets are telling and show where he was getting up to speed on AVZ issues and then decided to be a voice on all matters Manono.

I doubt he is being sponsored by AVZ, yet he should be someone the company looks after in due course. Kiki would be an asset to AVZ over coming years as a press liaison officer or similar IMO. AVZ could do with a few more Kiki's.

Cheers The Fox
He is also going to employ a journalist based at Manono fulltime to report on progress as well as set up a Facebook page to get the Manono locals involved in the push for AVZ to mine.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

wombat74

Top 20
He is also going to employ a journalist based at Manono fulltime to report on progress as well as set up a Facebook page to get the Manono locals involved in the push for AVZ to mine.
Mate please tell me you are taking the p1ss about the facebook page ? If I fell for it I give you a double thumbs up.

Top Bottom