AVZ Discussion 2022

TDITD

Top 20
At last Roadshows in 2021 and in 2022 (called prior to roadshow cancellations) there was a private discussion of a surprise twist for shareholders which was never disclosed in its exact nature. (AVZ not to be a one trick pony discussion , and diversification many of you heard) (positive outcome even before the concerns that have arisen in last 6 months)

The government through their actions seem to be building up to that event (my guess , pure speculation)

I think we will get a bit more of the action than we bargained for (which will blow out estimates made by Con Garlas)

Further clues are in the article below, why would Julien be stating this in the press.

My thoughts are
-Larger Processing Plant than imagined
-Rail infrastructure to be fast-tracked
-We have a share of an interest in a Hydroxide plant (perhaps more than one if Europe is engaged)
-Plan B was always CDL for redevelopment (but as a last resort , I think we do not need that Plan B unless a major player makes an offer just to do a JV with CDL)

The costings below are rather specific for Julien to quote, for battery plant I think they have researched further and realised this project can be made to a larger scale very quickly. (my speculation). The discussions on ownership are just noise, which is already determined in outcome by DRC Goverment, just not actioned yet unfortunately.

Article link below

The work of the 8th edition of Rebranding Africa Forum ended on Friday 21 October 2022 at the Parliament of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in Belgium. Focused on the implementation of investment attraction strategies by African countries, the Democratic Republic of Congo was represented by its Minister of Industry Julien Paluku Kahongya.

On this occasion, Julien Paluku shared the experience of the Democratic Republic of Congo on the process of installing a first plant for the manufacture of electric battery precursors in the province of Haut-Katanga and setting up Special Economic Zones that offer tax, para-fiscal and customs benefits to investors, by developing his country's Master Plan for Industrialization valued at 58.4 billion US dollars.

He continued:

Taking advantage of the forum of this forum which brought together representatives of African countries, entrepreneurs and technical and financial partners from other continents, the Minister of Industry called on the countries of the black continent to mutualize to transform the economies of imports to local processing economies of natural resources.

For Julien Paluku, speaker at this forum, the lack of infrastructure and energy in this country are opportunities that investors should seize.
Lol this article filthy rich was one of the ones I was talking about, we are getting clues and ‘nice words’ quite regularly.
I’m sorry to insult you but I was thinking exactly the same thing after reading this.
I’m thinking a lot of the infrastructure bollocks will be arranged already and tied into MSEZ that will come out but also that we are doing a JV with a westerner at CDL to ‘fast track’ it. Finance is all but signed and exciting drilling results on the tips of their tongues……but for the love of god give us the bloody ML and let us build the fucking thing already

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

TDITD

Top 20
My response to someone on the Crapper about going down to 36%.

"Will never be 36% . AVZ would ditch the Cath deal and find a new partner and retain majority . DRC gov must retain minimum 10% . So in that worst case AVZ 60% China 40% DRC 10% . AVZ then pull in another partner and still retain majority . I am sure the AVZ team have back up plans . We are in the box seat regardless . " wombat74
Careful mate, talking sense on the crapper will get you banned.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Umm ahhh hmmm awkward, we are STILL waiting to be served.........only something like a YEAR now. However we have had some very nice words lately, maybe I can feed my kids some nice words for dinner tonight, I may pop down to the local Porsche dealer and buy a Taycan with my newfound nice words.

"Hows your portfolio" -A
"Ahhh mixed bag mate, in the plus but suspended and havent been able to touch for about 24 weeks mate" TDITD
"Christ thats a bugger mate, have you at least got some nice words" -A
"Fuck me mate, recently I've been overflowing with nice words, my portfolio is absolutely teeming with some very nice words" -TDITD
"Mate wtf you complaining about then, those nice words will have you set for life you lucky bastard" -A.

Many/most/if not ALL of us very patient and long-suffering shareholders are somewhat bored/fatigued/disinterested of words now, this may come as a surprise to the BOD but, action would be nice fellas, you know like a whole year of talking and nice words is really undoubtably marvellous, however some of us astonishingly demanding shareholders would now like some tangible results, an outcome even. Its almost as if we are investing to make money and go mining.

Anyhow, back to the nice pretty words fellas, that'll help.
I may throw a couple of "imminents" on the BBQ later, kids will love it :rolleyes:

Aaaarhh TITS you nearly got through that without any swearing…. Soooo disappointed!!

@FilthyRich2 loved your post, after a day of listening to some good old 70’s music I’m feeling good and back in the game

And @Wombles74, did I read your post correctly “the AVZ team are backing up your plans!” Does that mean they’re adopting your long requested TO plan?

Just joking, none of us want a TO

@Winenut(s)…. A mantle for all those listed above my good man 🏆

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Fletch77

Regular
I found T Bag Tommy’s boat 👍🏻
3EB7AEAB-78CE-475B-9BB2-DBA414FA9308.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
It would be the last trading day, representative of the market value at the date of death.

But - you only get the market value cost base uplift if the shares were held pre-cgt by the deceased. If for whatever reason the shares were held pre CGT in the company owned by the deceased, then that would have a whole heap of other tax consequences.

If the deceased held the share post CGT - then you inherit their original cost base.

There's a bit of tax planning that you can do around this scenario (depending on the will and the intentions of the executor/beneficiaries )
Many thanks Thaz

That is very helpful

Also thanks to all others who offered their thoughts

Very much appreciated all round

Cheers
Nut:cool:

Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
My response to someone on the Crapper about going down to 36%.

"Will never be 36% . AVZ would ditch the Cath deal and find a new partner and retain majority . DRC gov must retain minimum 10% . So in that worst case AVZ 60% China 40% DRC 10% . AVZ then pull in another partner and still retain majority . I am sure the AVZ team have back up plans . We are in the box seat regardless . " wombat74
AVZ 60% China 40% DRC 10% = 110%

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Rediah

Regular
@JAG , I improvised on the existing artwork to go with Kiki Kienge report

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 6.31.51 pm.png

NF to Tommy "there is more where this came from, ya filthy C@$%"

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 6.37.36 pm.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

wombat74

Top 20
Aaaarhh TITS you nearly got through that without any swearing…. Soooo disappointed!!

@FilthyRich2 loved your post, after a day of listening to some good old 70’s music I’m feeling good and back in the game

And @Wombles74, did I read your post correctly “the AVZ team are backing up your plans!” Does that mean they’re adopting your long requested TO plan?

Mate the Chinese can end all this by making us a good offer . What's 60% of a Billion tonne + high grade low strip Li deposit worth ? Why are we drilling ?

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
Mate the Chinese can end all this by making us a good offer . What's 60% of a Billion tonne + high grade low strip Li deposit worth ? Why are we drilling ?

Wombie I don’t believe we should ever pay the scumbags who have been trying to rip us off and I don’t want a takeover offer anything under $5 a share, and that would value us around a $17 billion dollar company which when in production might be half of what we could be worth by then.

I’m still positive and thinking about the possibilities of CATH taking more offtake, PLS being produced near Manono and CDL coming on line down the track with the all the infrastructure and offtakes already in place.

Like everyone I’ve been frustrated and trying once again to look on the positive side, but if no good news comes out before the AGM I just might take that mantle back from @Winenut(s)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

TDITD

Top 20

Fail So Close GIF by University of Phoenix

• Haha

Bin59

Regular
RIO is still looking out for lithium companies / projects … one of the few multinationals looking to start mining lithium.

Also, I see RIO spoke via a recorded message at the recent FT Mining Summit in London 🤔

LONDON, Oct 21 (Reuters) -

The board of directors of global miner Rio Tinto RIO.L (RIO) needs more mining and renewable energy experience and a more diverse geographical background, its chairman Dominic Barton said on Friday.

"I think there's a lot of changes that need to occur. On the board we need the mining experience," Barton said in a pre-recorded interview at the FT Mining Summit in London.

"I think that capabilities on the renewable energy side (are) going to be quite important to have," he added.

The seven independent directors on the board of the mining giant have mostly experience in finance, capital markets, law and oil and gas. They are all either British or Australian.

"We're operating in 35 countries and we are an Australian, British kind of board, but we work a lot in Africa, we do a lot in China...we're doing a lot in Mongolia," he said.

"We have to think about our diversity on that front or our capability. So those are some of the areas that we need to focus on."

Barton, a former Canadian diplomat, took up the role of chairman in May as part of a management overhaul caused by a public and political backlash over Rio Tinto's destruction of 46,000-year-old sacred Indigenous rock shelters in Australia's Juukan Gorge to expand an iron ore mine.

The company this year has been shaken by the findings of an external report, commissioned and released by management, that shone a light on a company culture rife with sexual harassment, racism and bullying over the past five years.

Operationally, it has had some setbacks but also wins. The Serbian government revoked licences for its Jadar lithium project in January after massive protests sparked by environmental concerns over the planned mine, but Rio is in the process of taking Canada-listed Turquoise Hill TRQ.TO private, which will give it direct ownership of a giant copper mine in Mongolia.

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Haha

John25

Regular
FFS someone find another JAR
9133349A-A4C3-4D90-BAF5-292F1A94B41E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love