AVZ Discussion 2022

Frank

Top 20
Thanks for the reply CD

My logical brain guided me to exactly the same conclusion as you

Then I got a confusing letter from one of the companies involved advising me of the closing price the day following death. The reason they provided this information I cannot comprehend and that's thrown a spanner in my works hence the query.......pain in the arse

As much as I try to avoid it I will have to call the ATO...:rolleyes:

Cong - Zijin - CAMI - Cominiere etc :mad:

#Spannerintheworks.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

hedrox

Regular
Thanks for that. Interesting structure they did with shares only offered to existing shareholders at around a 50% discount to last traded price. Also it seems they went into suspension due to financing issues around not being able to access a bank loan.

But it definitely looks like it is possible to raise funds on market while suspended at least through existing holders.
They might need more money to pay of Cong for the 15%...or option 2, they renegotiated a new deal with the DRC Government, what I think could be a very good possibility. What we know, is, that Avz was talking to the highest level in government.
Lets see...we might get some more clarity after the road show...GL

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
They might need more money to pay of Cong for the 15%...or option 2, they renegotiated a new deal with the DRC Government, what I think could be a very good possibility. What we know, is, that Avz was talking to the highest level in government.
I was kinda hoping we'd get a good amount of clarity before any roadshows are held, otherwise it'll be a right royal shitshow.

ICC can wait, it's not pivotal to getting the mine up and running. Fuck, it might take so much time, the mine might be already built by AVZ anyway

Reactions: 14 users

Onthefm

Regular
Jesus mate they've talking to the highest levels in government and with an extremely good relationship with same for 2 or three years. Christ that's been a huge help. Just pay cong off if it's possible. Imo

• Fire

BEISHA

Top 20
Apologies if this has been posted before (Article is two days old) because I know it takes up a lot of space here. It’s just another example of what other countries think about the DRC and what Nigel is dealing with…. Seems like Dan Gertler is still pulling strings in the DRC and I know Felix let him off the hook recently

Congo-Kinshasa: Tshisekedi Needs to Clean Up His Inner Circle​

Institute for Security Studies (Tshwane/Pretoria)

ANALYSISBy Peter Fabricius
This could help remedy the lack of international investment in the DRC - a country brimming with potential.

President Félix Tshisekedi this week waxed lyrical about the opportunities his country, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), offered to international investors. He was the keynote speaker at the Financial Times (FT) Africa Summit on investing in Africa.

Tshisekedi extolled the attractions of the DRC's huge reserves of minerals critical to the green industrial revolution, such as cobalt, lithium, copper and chrome. Also, the country's enormous untapped agricultural potential with 80 million hectares of arable land, of which only 10 million had been planted, and the vast potential of the Congo River for creating green hydrogen.

The DRC president acknowledged that international investors could have doubts about the business climate, including questions about institutional strength and the insecurity in the east. But he blamed the latter on Rwanda's 'predatory power' and its support for the 'terrorist' M23 group. Tshisekedi lashed out at the international community, particularly the media, for its 'complicit passivity' in allowing the impression to persist of a continent only of problems.

But is the DRC really so attractive to investors, and is the president helping to make it so? It's common cause that Tshisekedi didn't win the 2018 presidential election and that a deal was struck with outgoing president Joseph Kabila that allowed Kabila to retain considerable power while Tshisekedi got the top job.

The United States (US) and others came to accept that the best they could do in the circumstances was try to ensure power shifted from Kabila to Tshisekedi. The US helped by imposing sanctions on key Kabila allies still ensconced in government.

Tshisekedi acknowledged the alleged deal only by saying he hadn't managed to control Parliament until two years into office by forming his 'sacred union' coalition that ousted Kabila's. At the FT event, Peter Pham, US special envoy to the Great Lakes when Tshisekedi assumed office, observed that Tshisekedi now seemed confident in his presidential power and judged the transition a success.

Many questions nonetheless remain about the degree of that success. One is why international investment has not flooded into a country so brimming with potential. When asked for an update on the almost mythical Grand Inga Hydropower Project, Tshisekedi surprisingly professed himself mystified about the decades-long delays. He described the foreign investors who had shown interest, including a Chinese-Spanish consortium, a former World Bank official and most recently, the Australian company Fortescue.

Tshisekedi again seemed to blame international investors and perhaps governments, suggesting that the project would go ahead if the US and Europe were involved. He agreed this meant the delay was 'political' saying: 'I think there are some problems at the international level because I see no one wanted him (Fortescue boss Andrew Forest) to go alone to the DRC and to do something about it.

But is that the only obstacle to the investments the DRC badly needs, in Inga and otherwise? Is it all about international politics and rivalries among foreign powers as the president seemed to imply?

The continuing saga of Dan Gertler suggests something else is afoot. Gertler is the Israeli businessman who 'amassed his fortune through hundreds of dollars worth of opaque and corrupt mining and oil deals' in the DRC, as the US Treasury said when it froze his US assets in 2017. It said he used his friendship with Kabila to buy mining assets at below market value and sell them at massive profit. Presumably Kabila and his cronies took big cuts in the deals.

Gertler persuaded the Trump administration to suspend those sanctions, but the Biden administration reinstatedthem almost immediately. The US seems determined to dislodge Gertler's grip on the DRC as a first step in cleaning out the massive corruption that has bedevilled the country, especially under Kabila.

But Gertler is a determined individual 'who is doing all that he can to remove the obstacles that prevent him doing further business in the DRC,' Stephanie Wolters, DRC expert at the South African Institute of International Affairs told ISS Today. And that's because, as she notes, Gertler is a 'one-horse show. The DRC is his entire career as a multi-billionaire.'

In February the DRC announced it had done a deal with Gertler in which he had to surrender to the state billions of dollars of assets in exchange for the reimbursement of expenses and Kinshasa's support in lifting the US sanctions. But neither side has published the full deal, raising suspicions in DRC that it's a better deal for Gertler than Tshisekedi's government cares to admit.

And this week, Africa Intelligence revealed that Gertler seems prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to maintain his influence in the Tshisekedi administration. That would strongly suggest he still has contentious commercial ambitions in the country.

The bulletin reported that Gertler launched sting operations against senior officials in Tshisekedi's inner circle who were acting against his interests. Africa Intelligence said Gertler used private eyes masquerading as potential investors to lure Tshisekedi's oil minister Didier Budimbu Ntubuanga and his presidential adviser Vidiye Tshimanga to meetings in Brussels and London respectively. Both were supposedly recorded taking bribes and forced to resign.

So Wolters says Gertler's efforts to intimidate potential enemies around Tshisekedi seem to have worked. 'Other ministers who are not on his side are feeling increasingly threatened and are increasing their own security.'

Where does Tshisekedi stand on this? Wolters notes: 'He can't do business with Gertler unless he chooses to turn his back on or face the wrath of the US.' She added that Tshisekedi 'seems to want to support Gertler's effort to get sanctions dropped, but it's a very delicate matter and Tshisekedi needs to tread carefully because the US is a really important supporter of the Congolese government.' All this intrigue leaves doubts about Tshisekedi's true intentions for Gertler.

Instead of making extravagant claims about the DRC's investment opportunities and blaming the lack of investment on prejudices about Africa, Tshisekedi should firmly and transparently get rid of the likes of Gertler. How can he expect honest investors to sink their funds into such a murky cesspool?

Peter Fabricius, Consultant, ISS Pretoria
Read the original article on ISS.
Thanks for sharing money........great find.

Pretty much confirms to me and possibly others..........that ole mate FT is trying to pacify all parties.........have his cake / snack and eat it too.....:unsure:

Dumb founded that GERTLER still has a pulse....... never lone still weilding influence.....:eek:

Dumb founded that KABILA still has considerable power, no doubt his besty scavenger scum KONG providing him never ending snacks and blow jobs behind closed doors.....:mad::mad::mad:

I remember the good ole days back at AVZ HC........everyone getting excited about Felix winning the election, with the hope that his mantra of extinguishing corruption and forging a beneficial path for not only AVZ getting to production and beyond , but for his own people too.........:unsure:

I remember reading articles about FT putting the ruler over existing contracts of mining aggreements with the Chinese shortly after winning the presidency, which gave me great confidence that he was a man of his word......🙏

But alas, reading this post and all of the intel since AVZ abruptly was put into extended suspension..........I think FT is a weak, gutless pawn , amongst the goliath of China influence and the cesspool snack operator Kabila / Cong operation which are probably working as a advocate for China and have their feelers in every corner of the DRC govt, lining their pockets and everyone else who is prepared to look the other way.

Looks like honesty is not the best policy in good ole DRC, despite the road show hopper FT telling the world other wise.

imo

• Sad
Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20
Do they have the drill results and they're are mind melting figures!? Is that the reason for roadshow, to present drill results and adk for more patience? I can't imagine ML will be awarded right now, with all the shit going on, love to be wrong. It's hardly a tour to tell sh to keep the chin up we're getting there. Either way we'll know more soon enough, which is better than the fuck all we currently know 🤪
That would be like rubbing salt into an open wound. However I'm sure the Chinese would like to know the drill results . If it's just a 'keep your chin up ' Road Show then they can get f--ked . Speaking of which , they better hurry up with those RS details .

• Fire

Frank

Top 20
:unsure:

*To remind,

Albanese dishes out more than $100m to drive Australian critical minerals project development​

The Albanese government is trying to further accelerate the growth of Australia’s critical mineral sector after today announcing the development of a new National Critical Minerals Strategy, in-line with other government initiatives such as the National Battery and Electric Vehicle Strategy.

Albanese said next week’s Budget will include $50.5 million over four years to establish the Australian Critical Minerals Research and Development Hub to help unlock our nation’s critical minerals potential.

The government will also allocate $50 million over three years to the Critical Minerals Development Program for competitive grants to support early and mid-stage critical minerals projects, building on the $50 million recently committed to six key projects across Australia.

As the world’s largest lithium producer, latest figures estimate Australia’s lithium exports to jump more than 10 fold over two years from $1.1bn in 2022-2023 to almost $14bn in 2022-2023.

The development of a battery industry could contribute $7.4bn annually to our economy and support 34,700 jobs by 2030.

While the DRC dilly-dally, back at the Spod Farm in Oz and with our shares still suspended, i see where :rolleyes:

Pilbara spod sales hit US$8000/t and ASX large cap resources sector a literal gold mine

We’ve run out of superlatives to describe the current state of the lithium market, which has today driven Pilbara Minerals’ much watched BMX spot sales to a new record.

This time it’s not even an auction, but another cargo contracted off the back of the last one a week ago.

$PLS, which 100% deserves the dollar sign the Twitterati use to tag ASX stocks, has sold its latest 5000dmt cargo of 5.5% Li2O spodumene for US$7255/dmt.

Adjusted for grade that’s the equivalent of ~US$8000/t on a benchmark 6% basis inclusive of freight costs. Last week’s pre-auction record bid came in at US$7100/dmt (5.5% Li2O), equivalent to US$7833/dmt.

Speaking of the Twitterati, how do they feel about this one?

Pretty darn good.

Cue an epic run in battery metals, which has been on the nose for a couple weeks amid some concerning analyst notes (countered by equally optimistic ones) about the near term picture for lithium supply and demand.

Pilbara is up 5.92%, Allkem rises 2.59% to more than $15 a share, IGO and Mineral Resources are at fresh all time highs as well.

Heading down into the mid-caps, battery recycler Neometals was up 11% after receiving environmental approval for its 9000tpa Vanadium Recovery Project in southern Finland, while $453 million Galan Lithium surged by 17.3% to $1.49 after announcing a massive 2.5x increase in its flagship Hombre Muerto West project resource to 5.8Mt contained lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE).

Galan’s total resources in Argentina now increase to 6.5Mt LCE.

Among the other big movers were Vulcan Energy, which announced the highest purity lithium hydroxide produced to date from its pilot plant at its geothermal brine project in Germany, and Novonix and Syrah, the graphite battery plays which secured one of 20 US Department of Energy critical minerals grants last week.

You can feel it all over people​

But it’s not just the stuff that goes into batteries.

To channel the words of Stevie Wonder in his 1976 classic Sir Duke (from the equally classic Songs in the Key of Life) you can feel it all over (the ASX) today.

Just have a look at all that green. Materials is up 3.26%.

1666583430049.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Uglybob

Regular
I think everyone in here is getting a little too excited. Management may be slow as disclosing anything, but they don't make too many bonehead moves (cap raising debacle aside...) so I can't see them running a roadshow where they are straight up going to get slaughtered. It just doesn't make sense. There must be something in the winds so sit back, crack a cold VB and wait for it all to unfold.

Jumping on the freak-out bandwagon isn't good for anyone's health.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

cruiser51

Top 20
That would be like rubbing salt into an open wound. However I'm sure the Chinese would like to know the drill results . If it's just a 'keep your chin up ' Road Show then they can get f--ked . Speaking of which , they better hurry up with those RS details .
Don't expect expect a standing ovation from me, if they cancel the Monday Perth Road Show on Monday 31/5.
I do have a life and have to make arrangements to get there.

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Yes, I guess they will only confirm details to those who have said they will be attending. The great unwashed (me) would appreciate hearing when the RS's are confirmed (or postponed/cancelled)

In the meantime, I might try a bit of long boarding on the road to my place, like this guy

• Wow

BEISHA

Top 20
All this talk of RIO getting involved. Absolute buckleys if you ask me. Unless there is something truly amazing happening behind the scenes, I honestly think we could flog this off to Zijin and Ivanhoe. They have shown they can operate in the DRC. They can get mining licenses and we can't. Seems to be the sad reality of the situation. I genuinely think AVZ running this mine would be fantastic for locals, and great for further investment in the DRC going forward. The political climate just doesnt seem to want to allow it.

Its all well and good for management to want to go mining. They make 500k a year regardless of how long it takes. Not as easy for your average shareholder to make that call.
Going by the biggest ramper in HC history ............MR 😍😍😍😍😍 cock sucker ANATOL...............RIO is going to TO LTR.

But then again........the red necks on the LTR HC threads have been mentioning TO for the last 2 years..........;)

What would RIO rather do.............dig a million miles of dirt to get spod from LTR ?

needle in hay.gif

Or provide snacks to the DRC officials / China for the LOM of RD ?

snacks.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Yes, I guess they will only confirm details to those who have said they will be attending. The great unwashed (me) would appreciate hearing when the RS's are confirmed (or postponed/cancelled)

In the meantime, I might try a bit of long boarding on the road to my place, like this guy

Holy crap that scared the shit out of me!

What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Reckon the walk back's a bit of a bitch...:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
It's all pretty simple from my perspective.

"Mum's" been the word for 5 months and who really knows what has been won from that.

Time for AVZ to come out and and lay it on the line and let the market trade and speak.

Those who see other opportunities can do so can and those who want to stick around can also do so.

I'll hedge my bets and do both and weigh up the split based on what info comes out over next week.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Frank

Top 20
I think everyone in here is getting a little too excited. Management may be slow as disclosing anything, but they don't make too many bonehead moves (cap raising debacle aside...) so I can't see them running a roadshow where they are straight up going to get slaughtered. It just doesn't make sense. There must be something in the winds so sit back, crack a cold VB and wait for it all to unfold.

Jumping on the freak-out bandwagon isn't good for anyone's health.
AVZ Project Funding.jpg

emotions-are-your-worst-enemy-.jpg

#Breathe.jpg

#Patience ! .jpg

#Healthyliving.jpg

Just a few more Sleeps peeps :sleep:

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Going by the biggest ramper in HC history ............MR 😍😍😍😍😍 cock sucker ANATOL...............RIO is going to TO LTR.

But then again........the red necks on the LTR HC threads have been mentioning TO for the last 2 years..........;)

What would RIO rather do.............dig a million miles of dirt to get spod from LTR ?

View attachment 19852

Or provide snacks to the DRC officials / China for the LOM of RD ?

View attachment 19854

BEISHA, As you know, we first disagreed because I was annoyed at having to sort through all the off topic posts to get to the ones with the information…. Since then I put up a few threads of my own to help sort through information better and if you want to find out more on Dan Gertler, @Frank gave me some good info on him that I put on the Corruption thread, it gives a scary insight into some of the corruption going on.

Once you, @Frank and @JAG pulled me into line, I posted comments to support the company and investors here who are worried, but there has to be a sense of reality here.

I’m just replying to you mate, I’m still hopeful of a positive outcome but I’ve had enough of unbalanced expectations here, fortunately @Winenut, @John25 and a few others have kept me laughing and I’ve got plenty of good 70’s music to listen to and which I hope will keep me off the forum for a while or otherwise I’ll be asking @Frank for an intervention

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Bin59

Regular
Svetlana staying +ive 😊

• Fire

Roon

Regular
Misinfor
Svetlana staying +ive 😊

Misinformation goes both ways - Svetlana has accused others of presenting biased or misleading information, yet provides only positive confirmatory information linking together a loose amd tenous collection of data points to suit a bullish or rampy position. I think those on the extreme fringes of both sides are best taken with a whole shaker of salt.

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Bin59

Regular
Agree - however generally her research points us in the right direction - I appreciate her research / analogies, but don’t take it as gospel. Always DYOR

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

BEISHA

Top 20
BEISHA, sorry to say but any company would rather be investing here than in a country run by monkeys and corrupt officials in Chinese pockets.

As you know, we first disagreed because I was annoyed at having to sort through all the off topic posts to get to the ones with the information…. Since then a put up a few threads of my own to help sort through information better and if you want to find out more on Dan Gertler, @Frank gave me some good info on him that I put on the Corruption thread, it gives a scary insight into some of the corruption going on.

Only thing getting me worked up now is how many people seem to think Nigel has brought on the Roadshows to provide good news. Apparently he might have been out with his timing on the ML by a year or two in the past but he’s since got it down with such pinpoint accuracy that it will miraculously appear at the precise time as the Perth Roadshow.

Once you, @Frank and @JAG pulled me into line, I posted comments to support the company and investors here who are worried, but there has to be a sense of reality here.

As I’ve said before, at the Sydney Roadshow, Nigel said the ML was due in the next month, I was the only one there that stood up and said “that’s not going to happen”…. His reply to me was “Isn’t it”…. To which I replied “No, here’s why”

Sure enough the next fucken day a new presentation came out putting the ML back again.

I’m just replying to you mate, I’m still hopeful of a positive outcome, just not at the Roadshows. I’ve had enough of unbalanced expectations here, fortunately @Winenut, @John25 and a few others have kept me laughing and I’ve got plenty of good 70’s music to listen to and which I hope will keep me off the forum for a while or otherwise I’ll be asking @Frank for an intervention
Just having a bit of a laugh mate.............of course RIO would prefer to invest in WA / OZ.

I am not one of those posters who think any good is going to come from the roadshows.............covering ones arse and bubble blowing is what i expect, with a cryptic hint to poor suffering long sophs as to what the meat might be for this insane 6 month and counting extension of suspension.

The tea leaves are suggesting nothing else..............

" The company will provide a UPDATE to the market of the status of its activities in the DRC leading up to the planned roadshows and AGM next month. "

Lol, what activities could that be ?

shh.gif

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Dom1974

Regular
4D7599E5-9832-492A-BB14-5A937D9FDF70.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom