AVZ Discussion 2022

Thaz

Regular
This kind of reaction to Tommy's article, and the same reaction to the first one, is why its personal for him now. I think he wrote a pretty shit article initially, got absolutely butchered and then just said fuck it, I hate all these AVZ pricks. In a way I don't blame him, given some of what I read in reply to that initial article. Catch more bees with honey people. Anger never changed anyones opinion. That ships sailed now anyways.
The issue most people have is the fact that Tommy's articles were based on unsubstantiated information i.e. the boatman capital.

Journalistic integrity has gone down the shitter and this is a prime example.

Just reporting on what has been allegedly said by a Chinese co about a Aussie co.... Without even reading into or verifying the facts.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Remark

Top 20
Reactions: 8 users

Bray

Regular
If it wasn’t for modern day ruling, natural selection would’ve got that tommy fuck years ago

• Haha
  • Fire

cruiser51

Top 20
Not MB, but I think that weasel Tommy is a fucking cocksucker, cum eater arsehole who is on the Chinese payroll, and will end up being royally fucked and spitted out by the Chink one of these days....rant over.
season 4 suit GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

John25

Regular
Ok ok ok SHs Bags is on the mushrooms ... raining down here after I just bought ( yes bought) water ... let’s have a laugh

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

oxxa23

Regular
We have plenty of money in the bank. $60m AUD at end of June 2022. The cynic in me thinks that the capital raise in December 2021 was done with full knowledge by management that a suspension to deal with Zijin and Dathomir issues may be needed in 2022 so they made sure there were sufficient funds to pay themselves and the lawyers for at least 2 years.

Also not sure a public capital raise can be done while in suspension. I know private placements can be. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows it definitely can be done but I don't think the roadshows will be for that purpose unless we need heaps more money to build the mine because we have the licence.
Hi Carlos,

I'm pretty sure WKT just did a raise while in suspension...

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

j.l

Regular
It would seem the DRC government is like being at the circus, when they lose control of the clown car, and it crashes into the lion cage, and the lions start eating the clowns, and some of the clowns are screaming and running around, tripping up in their oversized clown shoes during the turmoil, and others are fighting back as best they can because, you know, clown versus lion, figure the odds, and there's blood and gore, red noses and brightly coloured wigs going everywhere, and people in the stands are screaming at the horror and covering the children's eyes, or trying to, and some want to do something but aren't sure what to do because, you know, clowns and lions, it's not like there's a class for that, and then the confetti cannon goes off because in all the confusion nobody thought to turn off the timer on the confetti cannon, so there's all these little bits of coloured paper gracefully fluttering down over all the chaos of lions eating clowns and people screaming and running around waving their hands in the air and you're there and it's a story you want to tell your grandkids when you have them. That's the DRC government.

(Note: stolen and edited from elsewhere on the internet.)
You could equally apply this to "Team Australia" -- the media, the stock investment community and the government -- who have been outstanding in joining forces to challenge the Chinese stranglehold on the lithium supply chain (not).

Opportunity slipping through our fingers while we take aim at our own foot.

Once again, China play the long game and we act like footy supporters. Go Australia!

</cynical mode off>

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Hi Carlos,

I'm pretty sure WKT just did a raise while in suspension...
Thanks for that. Interesting structure they did with shares only offered to existing shareholders at around a 50% discount to last traded price. Also it seems they went into suspension due to financing issues around not being able to access a bank loan.

But it definitely looks like it is possible to raise funds on market while suspended at least through existing holders.

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Sorry all just looking for a bit of info and I'd thought I'd throw it out there as we have a few accounting and tax types in the Group

Does anyone know the answer to the question below or able to provide any guidance?

If a person (who is holder of shares) dies on an ASX non-trading day (ie a weekend) what price should be used for the cost base of the shares for the beneficiaries of the estate???

Is it the closing price on the last trading day prior to death?? Or potentially the opening or closing price on the first trading day after death??

I've been doing plenty of digging but can't seem to get a definitive answer to my problem or a guideline or ruling from the ATO site

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

John25

Regular
Sorry all just looking for a bit of info and I'd thought I'd throw it out there as we have a few accounting and tax types in the Group

Does anyone know the answer to the question below or able to provide any guidance?

If a person (who is holder of shares) dies on an ASX non-trading day (ie a weekend) what price should be used for the cost base of the shares for the beneficiaries of the estate???

Is it the closing price on the last trading day prior to death?? Or potentially the opening or closing price on the first trading day after death??

I've been doing plenty of digging but can't seem to get a definitive answer to my problem or a guideline or ruling from the ATO site
Nut ..if we stay in suspension for another 6+Months there might be a few of us with that problem …

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25 users

It is the price on the date of death so for the weekend it would most likely be the price at close of trade on the last trading day before the death imo.

With anything like this it is always best to give the ATO a call. I've always found them quite helpful for working out these type of questions.

Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20
You could equally apply this to "Team Australia" -- the media, the stock investment community and the government -- who have been outstanding in joining forces to challenge the Chinese stranglehold on the lithium supply chain (not).

Opportunity slipping through our fingers while we take aim at our own foot.

Once again, China play the long game and we act like footy supporters. Go Australia!

</cynical mode off>
:unsure:

*To remind,

Albanese dishes out more than $100m to drive Australian critical minerals project development​

The Albanese government is trying to further accelerate the growth of Australia’s critical mineral sector after today announcing the development of a new National Critical Minerals Strategy, in-line with other government initiatives such as the National Battery and Electric Vehicle Strategy.

Albanese said next week’s Budget will include $50.5 million over four years to establish the Australian Critical Minerals Research and Development Hub to help unlock our nation’s critical minerals potential.

The government will also allocate $50 million over three years to the Critical Minerals Development Program for competitive grants to support early and mid-stage critical minerals projects, building on the $50 million recently committed to six key projects across Australia.

As the world’s largest lithium producer, latest figures estimate Australia’s lithium exports to jump more than 10 fold over two years from $1.1bn in 2022-2023 to almost $14bn in 2022-2023.

The development of a battery industry could contribute $7.4bn annually to our economy and support 34,700 jobs by 2030.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

That sounds like the sort of question only a loving wife would want to know the answer to, my advise would be to sleep with one eye open and mix your own drinks.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Do they have the drill results and they're are mind melting figures!? Is that the reason for roadshow, to present drill results and adk for more patience? I can't imagine ML will be awarded right now, with all the shit going on, love to be wrong. It's hardly a tour to tell sh to keep the chin up we're getting there. Either way we'll know more soon enough, which is better than the fuck all we currently know 🤪

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
It is the price on the date of death so for the weekend it would most likely be the price at close of trade on the last trading day before the death imo.

With anything like this it is always best to give the ATO a call. I've always found them quite helpful for working out these type of questions.
Thanks for the reply CD

My logical brain guided me to exactly the same conclusion as you

Then I got a confusing letter from one of the companies involved advising me of the closing price the day following death. The reason they provided this information I cannot comprehend and that's thrown a spanner in my works hence the query.......pain in the arse

As much as I try to avoid it I will have to call the ATO...:rolleyes:

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Fuck I better don't die on a weekend, too confusing for the kids, however there is 28% chance that I will.
And that's not all, the other complication is that I wouldn't be able to worry myself to death!

I'll take the easy way out, just go fishing and don't give a fuck, at the end it's not really my problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

oxxa23

Regular

yeah, off the top of my head i wold have said the same Carlos.... Not that i do much in the way of estates..

Reactions: 2 users

oxxa23

Regular

winenut, also, that would only be for shares acquired pre CGT... (pre 20.09.85)... anything acquired by the deceased after that date will be based on historical cost (i.e. what they paid for them)...

John25

Regular
Thanks for the reply CD

My logical brain guided me to exactly the same conclusion as you

Then I got a confusing letter from one of the companies involved advising me of the closing price the day following death. The reason they provided this information I cannot comprehend and that's thrown a spanner in my works hence the query.......pain in the arse

As much as I try to avoid it I will have to call the ATO...:rolleyes:
Nut …I look at it this way …”If i die “ its
1666579945240.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
Top Bottom