AVZ Discussion 2022

My reading of the latest update:

ICC update
AVZ have made a jurisdictional challenge for the arbitration matter, related to whether the pre-emption rights were breached. A jurisdictional challenge is when a Respondent makes a submission challenging the adjudicator's jurisdiction to determine a dispute. ICC ruled in favour of AVZI to hear and determine the challenge.

The International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce18 (“ICC) is among those institutions that have empowered their respective boards or courts of arbitration to decide an objection to their jurisdiction, and thus to dismiss a case if they conclude that the institute has no jurisdiction over the dispute.

So a decision has not been made here yet. ICC could either dismiss the case if they do not believe they have jurisdiction or continue on with arbitration proceedings.

DRC tribunal decision
There has been a request by Dathomir for suspension of payments which have already been made.

Both Dathomir share purchase agreements (SPAs) are subject to arbitration agreements. My interpretation of this is that you can't just get any random run of the mill tribunal to hear arbitration matters in relation to these agreements as they have set requirements written into the agreements. Only a properly constituted arbitral tribunal has jurisdiction to overturn AVZI's acquisition. No such proceedings have commenced and the tribunal decision does not purport to have any effect on the SPAs. The tribunal decision mentioned did not happen within a properly constituted arbitral tribunal. Therefore it does not have jurisdiction. This is set out in the SPA.

AVZ considers 20 September decision immaterial. I would agree. They can suspend and hold the funds in whatever holding account they want, it does not change the fact that the transaction has occurred.
I could sell a car and receive the funds in one of my accounts by transfer. I could then give the car to the buyer then tell the bank not to transfer the funds to my main savings account...ok, so what? That doesn't mean I can get the car back.
Thank fuck for you. You are the hero Gotham deserves. I couldn't make sense out of the "inside baseball" lawyer speak of the announcement.

Reactions: 5 users

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
What annoys me about AVZ’s style is circumlocution: “Only a properly constituted arbitral tribunal”

What is “a properly constituted arbitral tribunal”?

Spell it out.

We need to understand why AVZ emphasises “tribunal”, whereas Tom Richardson used “court”.

AVZ says nothing on the or any authority of the tribunal.

Richardson is up to his semantic tricks. He did the same thing in his May article

The International Court of Arbitration® is the world’s leading arbitral institution. Since 1923, we have been helping to resolve difficulties in international commercial and business disputes to support trade and investment.

We perform an essential role by providing individuals, businesses and governments alike with a variety of customisable services for every stage of their dispute.

Although we are called a court in name, we do not make formal judgments on disputed matters. Instead, we exercise judicial supervision of arbitration proceedings.

Reactions: 2 users

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
i think you need to take the vulnerable plunge and form a whatsapp or similar social media private group. This is a public forum, not your private club.

We are all here to discuss our investment in AVZ, but your post above is obnoxious beyond the pale.

Please find your what’sapp group.

Yeah...nah...

Wasn't talking to you

Take your own sanctimonious advice

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

ptlas

Regular
  • Haha

obe wan

Regular
You have been way off the mark on accuracy in this area previously. The arbitration was purely a procedural matter and would be dropped by the other party. Was that not your your man
You have been way off the mark on accuracy in this area previously. The arbitration was purely a procedural matter and would be dropped by the other party. Was that not your your mantra?
Reply is apparently, that if you step back only to about a month ago ; even and still at that stage management , avz lawyer and a host of channels ( excluding all typical HC / TSE /Twitter geniuses ) were still expecting offical letter from Zijin , that they were out.

Would be interesting to find out how strong the Zijin pulse is during this case which technically still hasn’t even moved into ‘main event’ mode.

Modo…. A new nic … or just a another new account ; if you’re invested and I’m wrong welcome … if like your other accounts you’re not …what a waste of life

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

FilthyRich2

Regular
Here is a new Article on Monano from DRC Press

They are focusing on the electric vehicles they will produce (have a look at first picture - WTF)

I am hoping they are in jest, they can't be serious or is it artistic interpretation by locals of end product

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

bloke383

Regular
Not funny X, I’m deleting the number from the threads and just keeping a photo of it…. Very Sus mate
Not sure if you & Xerof are joking re receiving phone calls like that , but it would be worthwhile letting AVZ management know . I'm sure they would want to know about something like that .

Reactions: 6 users

Doc

Master of Quan
[

They are focusing on the electric vehicles they will produce (have a look at first picture - WTF)

I am hoping they are in jest, they can't be serious or is it artistic interpretation by locals of end product

Lol
0718B3EA-EB21-428E-B63A-EE60831DB76A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
My reading of the latest update:

ICC update
AVZ have made a jurisdictional challenge for the arbitration matter, related to whether the pre-emption rights were breached. A jurisdictional challenge is when a Respondent makes a submission challenging the adjudicator's jurisdiction to determine a dispute. ICC ruled in favour of AVZI to hear and determine the challenge.

The International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce18 (“ICC) is among those institutions that have empowered their respective boards or courts of arbitration to decide an objection to their jurisdiction, and thus to dismiss a case if they conclude that the institute has no jurisdiction over the dispute.

So a decision has not been made here yet. ICC could either dismiss the case if they do not believe they have jurisdiction or continue on with arbitration proceedings.

DRC tribunal decision
There has been a request by Dathomir for suspension of payments which have already been made.

Both Dathomir share purchase agreements (SPAs) are subject to arbitration agreements. My interpretation of this is that you can't just get any random run of the mill tribunal to hear arbitration matters in relation to these agreements as they have set requirements written into the agreements. Only a properly constituted arbitral tribunal has jurisdiction to overturn AVZI's acquisition. No such proceedings have commenced and the tribunal decision does not purport to have any effect on the SPAs. The tribunal decision mentioned did not happen within a properly constituted arbitral tribunal. Therefore it does not have jurisdiction. This is set out in the SPA.

AVZ considers 20 September decision immaterial. I would agree. They can suspend and hold the funds in whatever holding account they want, it does not change the fact that the transaction has occurred.
I could sell a car and receive the funds in one of my accounts by transfer. I could then give the car to the buyer then tell the bank not to transfer the funds to my main savings account...ok, so what? That doesn't mean I can get the car back.
Top effort AA, this is by far the most clear, sensible interpretation I have read on this matter on any platform, this one included. It explains why NF thinks the ML is immine I mean close

Reactions: 21 users

Thehoneyguy

(y)(y)

Attachments

• C0A56997-1131-4F5E-8ADD-F1D5C25BC825.png
    C0A56997-1131-4F5E-8ADD-F1D5C25BC825.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

A Biennale is typically a large scale art exhibition, held every 2 years. Artist will produce this stuff as an expression of opinion on any subject matter they think might be relevant.

I've been to one in Venice, and here is a good example of the stuff produced for display. This is a small aircraft turned inside out. Might be an improvement over what CongoAir are currently flying
tempImagemUmsoE.jpg

• Haha
  • Thinking

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Not sure if you & Xerof are joking re receiving phone calls like that , but it would be worthwhile letting AVZ management know . I'm sure they would want to know about something like that .
Well, I was joking, but clearly Bags is taking it seriously. Apologies Bags if I upset you. Yes, a mention to management wouldn't go amiss, if you know what the purpose of the call was
@MoneyBags1348

JAG

Top 20
1666303169816.png

Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
1666303290552.png

Reactions: 11 users

LOCKY82

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Samus

Top 20
A whole lot more old recycled news ffs.
Going around in circles for 6 months.

A Biennale is typically a large scale art exhibition, held every 2 years. Artist will produce this stuff as an expression of opinion on any subject matter they think might be relevant.

I've been to one in Venice, and here is a good example of the stuff produced for display. This is a small aircraft turned inside out. Might be an improvement over what CongoAir are currently flying
View attachment 19532
star wars cat GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 1612

27CFA7EA-BF84-4049-9259-A0FF8CFA0D29.jpeg

Bloody hope he’s right

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Top Bottom