AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Anyone in Perth received an invite?

Anyone know what the criteria is?

Or has Nige already heard I'm a deranged, alcoholic, intellectual pygmy that will provide nothing more than fluff and a few crass interjections whilst simultaneously demolishing all available snacks with wanton abandon?

Also does Nige know that there is a great big section in the middle of Australia between Fremantle and Sydney Harbour where a few shareholders might just reside? :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Onthefm

Regular
Last time it was left to the lawyers in DRC to handle things on their own Zijin illegally stole 15% of Dathcom and a board member was given a 3 year jail sentence while management stayed covid safe in Perth.

I'll reserve judgement until the roadshow begins. I can't imagine them doing this type of tour without big news to share. Because promises just won't cut it at this point.
Well hopefully mate but these west perth pricks have rinos×convene belt hides. Being covid safe while our only asset was being stolen. This is looking like a typical West cowboys wank. Best asset on the planet fucked up By shit management. It will be mined just not for us What a waste. Christ I hope I'm wrong though.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

John25

Regular
Anyone in Perth received an invite?
Im in the Great Southern …Nurse Ratchet will need to take time off work to drive me there 🤷‍♂️
1665747954576.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Despite the danger of indicating I may actually have a functioning brain I wonder if you would have to have an email address attached to the Automic Share Registry in order to receive an invite to the AVZ roadshow (apart from any other shareholding criteria)

They can't email you if they don't have an email address they can access and I don't think they're going to send everyone letters in post

Just thoughts...

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Rediah

Regular
Did anyone else get the venue confirmation for Brisbane ?

76 Nambour Connection Rd, Woombye

I wonder why there 🤔🤔🤔

Before this gets flagged, I joke I joke

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

I wonder why there 🤔🤔🤔

OMG that is hilarious! 🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TDITD

Top 20

I wonder why there 🤔🤔🤔

I can bring the van, we shall drive them there if this ‘presentation’ is just hot air. No lube !!!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

j.l

Regular
Despite the danger of indicating I may actually have a functioning brain I wonder if you would have to have an email address attached to the Automic Share Registry in order to receive an invite to the AVZ roadshow (apart from any other shareholding criteria)

They can't email you if they don't have an email address they can access and I don't think they're going to send everyone letters in post

Just thoughts...
Ah ok, good advice.

In the past I've received the major shareholder invites via post. For some reason assumed I was looking at a scanned copies of letters in those images above.

Or perhaps they've raised the bar this time. I hold a touch over 2m...

Reactions: 3 users
Damn I don't own enough shares for an invite. Wonder what the cutoff is.

News by end of month it looks like. Promising.

1m, methinks.

Reactions: 1 users

Randenj

You still can email them and ask for invitation. You might get one depending on where you are located.
I’ll wait till Monday for mine just in case Oz Post is running late before asking. Checked the mailbox after getting home from witnessing the Roar put in another inept performance and nothing yet. Had invites to previous ones and haven’t exactly had the opportunity to buy/sell this year.

Randenj

I wonder why there 🤔🤔🤔

Given I once lived around the corner from that esteemed location, instant recognition leads to constant laughing.

cruiser51

Top 20
1m, methinks.
No need to get excited.
The company simply can't disclose anything what has not been disclosed to the ASX.

They can tell the crowd the inner workings, but nothing which can be construed as insider stuff.

However as a SH, after 6 months, of course I would like to hear, without BS, what took place from the horse's mouth.

I hope that makes sense.

Reactions: 14 users

CashKing

Regular
I admit, as a non-native speaker, I tend sometimes to make grammar mistakes. I usually ignore people who are trying to make laugh out of it although I've met only very few of them in my life. But since you are doing this for a second day in a row, I would respond to you. Do you really think being a native English speaker gives you some kind of superiority or making you look smarter? I can fluently speak 4 languages and as I can see you're barely able to speak one. In my eyes you are just an uneducated dickhead drinking out his own life and making zero contribution to this community apart from your dumb jokes. How is my grammar now?
@wombat74 and @Nellie17 I’ve been off the forum since around lunchtime and just going through the posts

I can’t tell you both how happy it’s made me to see you two back communicating just like in the old days and those posts I’ve shared of you both before

Let no one here worry how this love story ends, for I can honestly say that I’ve seen your future…. below

Does that mean me and you are kinda friends now Mbags ???

🧐

• Haha
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

CashKing

Regular
Damn I don't own enough shares for an invite. Wonder what the cutoff is.

News by end of month it looks like. Promising.
You can have my chair mate, it’s right next to Moneybags… Fun Hey 😂… He’s got a sweet left hook so careful if you go to the toilet at same time. 🥷

• Haha

The Fox

Regular
New data from Benchmark shows the scale of the "generational challenge" facing the lithium ion battery supply chain. A total of 11.2 million tonnes of lithium (LCE) will need to be produced in 2050, over 20 times the amount produced last year.
Indeed, all of the lithium produced in 2021 would last just a month in 2040, and barely two weeks in 2050.
Most of the batteries currently produced go to the automotive industry for use in electric vehicles. But Benchmark's CEO Simon Moores expects the majority of demand to come from energy storage in 2050 as the world deploys ever more renewables for a sustainable future.
In the US, the recent Inflation Reduction Act is boosting demand for battery energy storage systems in the country. But with the vast majority of these systems using LFP cathodes, the US could find its ambitions constrained as 99% of LFP is currently produced in China.
In China, lithium prices reached an all-time high on Wednesday. Benchmark's IOSCO-approved, market-derived prices aren't showing any signs of an imminent decline. Battery-grade lithium carbonate prices in China have risen by 108% this year so far, as assessed by Benchmark.
Thanks,
Matthew, Henry and Rachit
If you have any tips, or would like to let us know what you think of this newsletter, then you can contact us at membership@benchmarkminerals.com. If this email was forwarded to you, then sign up for our weekly newsletter here.
THIS WEEK'S TOP STORIES
Lithium has to scale twenty times by 2050 as automakers face generational challenge
The world will need more than twenty times the amount of lithium than was mined last year to meet demand by mid-century, according to new data from Benchmark, driven by growth in energy storage and electric vehicles.
Annual production of 11.2 million tonnes LCE will be needed by 2050 with energy storage making up two-thirds of battery demand by that date, due to the growth of renewable energy sources such as wind and solar.
The data highlights the challenge of scaling up lithium production from new mining projects, which can take over five years to bring online. Near-term, a total of 2.9 million tonnes LCE will be needed by 2032, more than the 2.7 million tonnes of cumulative global production of lithium between 2015 and 2022, according to Benchmark’s Lithium Forecast.

"We are at just the beginning of a generational challenge, not one that’s going to be solved in the 2020s."
Simon Moores, Benchmark CEO

Where is this demand coming from and how will it be met? Find out in this free-to-read article.
Lithium prices touch record high in China as EV sales momentum remains
Lithium prices in China touched an all-time high on Wednesday, continuing a record-breaking streak that is putting increasing pressure on automakers and battery producers to secure supply from mining companies.
The price of Chinese battery grade lithium carbonate rose by 1.7% in the past week following the country’s National Day holiday to reach a record high of RMB 532,000 per tonne ($74,475), according to Benchmark’s Lithium Price Assessment. The price has risen by 108% year-to-date.
Prices for lithium hydroxide, which is used in high nickel batteries, rose by 1% to RMB 528,000 ($73,925), a jump of 147% this year.

"IOSCO assured pricing, with expert analysts speaking directly with the market, provides a far more accurate set of price data rather than relying on trade stats."
Caspar Rawles, Benchmark Chief Data Officer

What is the current trend in lithium prices? Find out here.
China’s LFP dominance could constrain US energy storage deployment
Lithium iron phosphate (LFP) has become the cathode chemistry of choice for energy storage applications around the world.
But China’s near monopoly in its production could hamper efforts to deploy such systems in North America.
Installations of energy storage are set to accelerate in the US, following the passing of theInflation Reduction Act this summer, which provides tax credits for the deployment of large batteries that help integrate renewable energy into electricity grids.

"North America is focused on the grid, but they are constrained by LFP supply.”
Aran Waid, Benchmark Analyst

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Does that mean me and you are kinda friends now Mbags ???

🧐

Does this answer your question Cashy

3D7C70FE-2900-4872-8CEA-940649F2B0D0.jpeg

Of course friends mate! The only people I was dirty on were those who shit on me on the crapper after I was suspended permanently. The suspension turned out to be a good thing 👊💥🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Anyone know what the criteria is?

Or has Nige already heard I'm a deranged, alcoholic, intellectual pygmy that will provide nothing more than fluff and a few crass interjections whilst simultaneously demolishing all available snacks with wanton abandon?

Also does Nige know that there is a great big section in the middle of Australia between Fremantle and Sydney Harbour where a few shareholders might just reside? :rolleyes:

Is that the section in the middle of Australia where the yanks were testing their ‘Automic Bombs’ Nuts?

It might explain that deranged wanton abandon!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
New data from Benchmark shows the scale of the "generational challenge" facing the lithium ion battery supply chain. A total of 11.2 million tonnes of lithium (LCE) will need to be produced in 2050, over 20 times the amount produced last year.
Indeed, all of the lithium produced in 2021 would last just a month in 2040, and barely two weeks in 2050.
Most of the batteries currently produced go to the automotive industry for use in electric vehicles. But Benchmark's CEO Simon Moores expects the majority of demand to come from energy storage in 2050 as the world deploys ever more renewables for a sustainable future.
In the US, the recent Inflation Reduction Act is boosting demand for battery energy storage systems in the country. But with the vast majority of these systems using LFP cathodes, the US could find its ambitions constrained as 99% of LFP is currently produced in China.
In China, lithium prices reached an all-time high on Wednesday. Benchmark's IOSCO-approved, market-derived prices aren't showing any signs of an imminent decline. Battery-grade lithium carbonate prices in China have risen by 108% this year so far, as assessed by Benchmark.
Thanks,
Matthew, Henry and Rachit
If you have any tips, or would like to let us know what you think of this newsletter, then you can contact us at membership@benchmarkminerals.com. If this email was forwarded to you, then sign up for our weekly newsletter here.
THIS WEEK'S TOP STORIES
Lithium has to scale twenty times by 2050 as automakers face generational challenge
The world will need more than twenty times the amount of lithium than was mined last year to meet demand by mid-century, according to new data from Benchmark, driven by growth in energy storage and electric vehicles.
Annual production of 11.2 million tonnes LCE will be needed by 2050 with energy storage making up two-thirds of battery demand by that date, due to the growth of renewable energy sources such as wind and solar.
The data highlights the challenge of scaling up lithium production from new mining projects, which can take over five years to bring online. Near-term, a total of 2.9 million tonnes LCE will be needed by 2032, more than the 2.7 million tonnes of cumulative global production of lithium between 2015 and 2022, according to Benchmark’s Lithium Forecast.

"We are at just the beginning of a generational challenge, not one that’s going to be solved in the 2020s."
Simon Moores, Benchmark CEO

Where is this demand coming from and how will it be met? Find out in this free-to-read article.
Lithium prices touch record high in China as EV sales momentum remains
Lithium prices in China touched an all-time high on Wednesday, continuing a record-breaking streak that is putting increasing pressure on automakers and battery producers to secure supply from mining companies.
The price of Chinese battery grade lithium carbonate rose by 1.7% in the past week following the country’s National Day holiday to reach a record high of RMB 532,000 per tonne ($74,475), according to Benchmark’s Lithium Price Assessment. The price has risen by 108% year-to-date.
Prices for lithium hydroxide, which is used in high nickel batteries, rose by 1% to RMB 528,000 ($73,925), a jump of 147% this year.

"IOSCO assured pricing, with expert analysts speaking directly with the market, provides a far more accurate set of price data rather than relying on trade stats."
Caspar Rawles, Benchmark Chief Data Officer

What is the current trend in lithium prices? Find out here.
China’s LFP dominance could constrain US energy storage deployment
Lithium iron phosphate (LFP) has become the cathode chemistry of choice for energy storage applications around the world.
But China’s near monopoly in its production could hamper efforts to deploy such systems in North America.
Installations of energy storage are set to accelerate in the US, following the passing of theInflation Reduction Act this summer, which provides tax credits for the deployment of large batteries that help integrate renewable energy into electricity grids.

"North America is focused on the grid, but they are constrained by LFP supply.”
Aran Waid, Benchmark Analyst

Foxy, I think we’ve seen here that most of us don’t have the patience to wait 6 months to come out of a trading halt, never mind waiting another 30 years for lithium (LCE) demand to hit 11million tons

The real reason I’ve answered your post is to let you know there are those among us who are secretly planning a pineappling on someone and your name was mentioned 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

Flight996

Regular
No need to get excited.
The company simply can't disclose anything what has not been disclosed to the ASX.

They can tell the crowd the inner workings, but nothing which can be construed as insider stuff.

However as a SH, after 6 months, of course I would like to hear, without BS, what took place from the horse's mouth.

I hope that makes sense.

Cruiser51, you beat me to it.

Your post made absolute sense. The company cannot withhold important or market sensitive information in order to release it at a later date to select shareholders only. As you say, all will be revealed in ASX releases.

Noting that we live in an information vacuum and there are many unhappy shareholders, I suspect the real purpose of the roadshows is to control the narrative and put spin on ASX news releases leading up to the roadshows. Unfortunately, if the news needs spinning, it may not be as good as we hope.

Nonetheless, still hoping for a good outcome.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

JAG

Top 20
1665785473916.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users