AVZ Discussion 2022

Rediah

Regular
Damn you whoever posted that link to the landcruiser trip in Congo.
Currently 28 pages deep, a paragraph I thought was interesting….

The road is Chinese made. You can recognize the chinese from a distance by the big straw hats they wear. Everywhere in Congo people, especially kids, would shout "Chinois" (Chinese in French) to us. For many Congolese everybody who is not black is "Chinois". That is due to the large community of Chinese living in Congo.

The relationship between China and Congo is worrying to say the least. I will not bore you to death with the details, but if you are interested, do a google search on the deals regarding the mining concessions and you will find plenty to read.
In short: China has lend Congo many billions for rebuilding their infrastructure. Almost all infrastructure works are then outsourced to.. Chinese companies. The chinese companies bring their own - underpaid - workforce and provide little to no employment to the local population. In return for the loan China gets huge mining concessions. Astronomical 'signature fees' were appointed to the officials who signed the contracts ofcourse. The whole deal is immensly beneficial for the Chinese, but the question is what is in it for the Congolese?
And what happens when the 5 billion is spent? They'll have a few nice roads and bridges. But what about maintenance of this infrastructure?”

We know something of this kinda shit hey 🤔
Locals will take only so much abuse before it reaches the tipping point, now when all eyes are on DRC and other African nations, I hope the governments don't sell themselves cheap to China where so many other best options available for them and especially for the local residents to get them out of the poverty circle 🙏,

I am sure most of us have seen similar videos from time to time...

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

CashKing

Regular
Locals will take only so much abuse before it reaches the tipping point, now when all eyes are on DRC and other African nations, I hope the governments don't sell themselves cheap to China where so many other best options available for them and especially for the local residents to get them out of the poverty circle 🙏,

I am sure most of us have seen similar videos from time to time...

0:40 seconds :ninja: What a Boss man taking that little prick down..

They should all 🍍 the shit out of him now...

GLTAH

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Remark

Top 20
0:40 seconds :ninja: What a Boss man taking that little prick down..

GLTAH
Yep, he did well. They should have beaten the little shit to a pulp, so arrogant!

Reactions: 7 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Really shows how bad it is, almost every person open to corruption, thus far it seems only the ‘brothers’ (priests) are the ones not asking for bribes

Interesting to see how bad their roadways are also, the main country travel through roads were very bad condition, very few tar or cemented roads and huge erosion issues.
Those that were tar were primarily old mining roads.

If everyone has the time it’s worth reading through you can see the kinda conditions they will be dealing with if they are to build proper roads for AVZ
New roads look ok to me

Attachments

• 749204F6-C8E4-4AC8-8A4E-2F68302C532C.jpeg
    749204F6-C8E4-4AC8-8A4E-2F68302C532C.jpeg
    644.4 KB · Views: 81
  • D73B8FFF-FE80-4EA3-9C21-6F12E1AD4F44.jpeg
    D73B8FFF-FE80-4EA3-9C21-6F12E1AD4F44.jpeg
    892.8 KB · Views: 84
  • F546E516-E87C-487D-A9C0-E697B3F0D40E.jpeg
    F546E516-E87C-487D-A9C0-E697B3F0D40E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: 10 users

CashKing

Regular
Yep, he did well. They should have beaten the little shit to a pulp, so arrogant!
Was old mate saying "leave him he's on record or he's with Eckoff ??

• Haha

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Wow

Bin59

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Bin59

Regular
I’m thinking that meeting was held last week after reading this article.

“The meeting, which coincided with the United Nations General Assembly, included some of the most mineral-rich nations in the world: Argentina, Brazil, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania and Zambia. Also present were other members of the Mineral Security Partnership, such as Australia, Canada, France and the United Kingdom.”

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Samus

Top 20
Really shows how bad it is, almost every person open to corruption, thus far it seems only the ‘brothers’ (priests) are the ones not asking for bribes

Interesting to see how bad their roadways are also, the main country travel through roads were very bad condition, very few tar or cemented roads and huge erosion issues.
Those that were tar were primarily old mining roads.

If everyone has the time it’s worth reading through you can see the kinda conditions they will be dealing with if they are to build proper roads for AVZ
Deadliest road drc series on YouTube is a bit of an eye opener. There are a few other free docos worth the watch if you feel like getting truly depressed. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

TDITD

Top 20
"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"

AVZ no TO, bring the BFS on to show the non-believers, onto mining @10mtpa an then inevitable expansion!

This is what I'm looking at, likely for first dividends reward (y), life is for living!! --- (by then anyone holding will definitely deserve it)
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/ultimate-world-cruise/

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

AVZ no TO, bring the BFS on to show the non-believers, onto mining @10mtpa an then inevitable expansion!

This is what I'm looking at, likely for first dividends reward (y), life is for living!! --- (by then anyone holding will definitely deserve it)
Don't forget to take your pineapple picture to hang upside down on your cabin door! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Doc

Master of Quan

Mrs and I love a cruise.
Sign us up!

Reactions: 1 users

wombat74

Top 20

Or get a Take Over pay out and go on that cruise asap . If we survive this dividends are years away .

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

That itinerary would be awesome, but not on a boat with 2000 people for 9 months straight. A cruise on one of those cattle ships is my worst nightmare.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Or get a Take Over pay out and go on that cruise asap . If we survive this dividends are years away .
Wombie, I can see you and Nell’s on that cruise

• Haha
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 1612

• Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha