AVZ Discussion 2022

Charbella

Regular
Many years ago I came across this story. Back in 2010, a couple crossed the DRC in a landcruiser. There is a pretty good blog of their trip, including the entrenched corruption and bribes that are pretty much written into their levels of Bureaucracy. Very interesting read if you want to get some background info.

Crossing DRC in a Landcruiser
Thank you for the recommendation 💥

Reactions: 2 users

Bonsoir

Regular
At even a lowly 50c Nige walks away with plenty to retire off!
At .50 cents Nige will not see a cent of that, he will be dragged through the courts by SH for failure of disclosure and there will be nowhere to hide on this planet.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

LOCKY82

Regular
At even a lowly 50c Nige walks away with plenty to retire off!
Doc I think you might want to go see a Doctor! 50c!? I know this is getting tough but sweet baby jesus let's settle down a bit 🙏

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Dijon101

Regular
The only thing I can concentrate on is:

The whole mining sector is watching. If the DRC fucks us over, it will basically cost their country billions $ in future investment.

-----------

The reality of doing business in the DRC is kickbacks (unfortunately). The reason the ML was delayed? probably not enough kickbacks.
We knew the risk, high risk/ high reward. No point worrying about it because, no matter how much we personally worry it's completely out of our hands.

Good luck all, result for better or worse is just around the corner.

Also a positive is we are now probably all long term holders with appropriate capital gains tax benefit.
That is if we come out of this all with our shirt still on our backs;)

Reactions: 16 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Doc I think you might want to go see a Doctor! 50c!? I know this is getting tough but sweet baby jesus let's settle down a bit 🙏
Lol. Just replying to wombats post that a deal being done in the back ground.
I’m happy with the 50c part as long long as there’s another number of 3 or larger in front.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Frank

Top 20
Keep information on corruption in the DRC in the media. I think Felix is doing his best root it out, but half his government might have been corrupt so he has a lot of cleaning to do and has to have enough ministers to run the country.

As far as CAMI, I think they are an independent body with their own BOD, but I also think the world (including the US etc) will be providing support to Felix to get Manono up and running.

It’s a matter of patience unfortunately Wombat, but I look at Nigel’s announcements with a sense of positivity unlike some, and what we can do from the sidelines is try to the provide pressure on media platforms like this by sharing information.

Interesting to me is that Glencore is a diamond sponsor at the DRC Mining Week Conferences and is Swiss based. UBS is a Swiss based investment bank and they were caught out laundering millions of dollars out of the DRC earlier this year. It might have been under Kabila but it shows (along with DRC governmental and Chinese business entities) how much and how high corruption goes, so all in all, not too bad that we are still hanging in there.

I know it’s not easy, but as you and I have learned, that’s the stock market…. corruption everywhere, but construction goes ahead because of supply and demand.

*Fyi, I see where all is not lost, as far as Alingete is concerned and the fight against corruption continues, as

In Brussels, Jules Alingete highlights the progress of the DRC in the fight against corruption

Accompanied by the DRC ambassador to Belgium, Christian Ndongala Nkuku, the inspector and head of services of the General Inspectorate of Finance (IGF), Jules Alingete, spoke on Tuesday, September 27, before elected officials Europeans to present to them the efforts that the Congolese government is making in the fight against corruption.

The objective of this trip, explained Jules Alingete to the press in Brussels, was to restore the image of international opinion in the DRC with regard to corruption in the management of public affairs.

For Jules Alingete, a lot of efforts have been made in the fight against corruption and, to date, in the DRC, the management of public affairs is no longer desacralized as before.

“We presented all the actions that are carried out by the Democratic Republic of Congo, the strategies put in place, the result we have reached today and what remains to be done.

We made pleas so that the international community could have another perception of the Democratic Republic of Congo, in terms of the fight against corruption, taking into account the real progress made by the country,” said Jules Alingete.

Praising the effectiveness of his financial patrol strategy, the number one of the IGF gave further explanations on this system to MEPs who, for several years, have included the control of their public resources upstream.

“We were pleasantly surprised by all the European services and to learn that Belgium has been in control a priori for more than 30 years, France too”, he said.

According to Jules Alingete, the a priori control of public resources remains the best strategy to fight effectively against corruption and the various forms of mismanagement that can be encountered in the management of public funds.

The a priori control of public resources, otherwise called financial patrol, aims to control the management of public resources upstream, that is to say, to involve the IGF in the design and execution of projects that require the disbursement public funds, in order to significantly reduce the risk of misappropriation.

Vidiye Tshimanga benefits from provisional release

Vidiye Tshimanga, former strategic adviser to the President of the Republic, has been on bail since Tuesday, September 27 evening.

He has just left Makala central prison where he has been detained since September 21.

But according to the prosecutor's office, he will continue to appear while being free at the general prosecutor's office near the Kinshasa-Gombe court of appeal, which is continuing its investigation into the attempted corruption and influence peddling, facts relating to his filmed conversations with supposed investors in the mining sector.

Vidiye Tshimanga, was heard on Wednesday, September 21 by the General Prosecutor's Office at the Kinshasa-Gombe Court of Appeal and placed under a provisional arrest warrant the same day.

The former strategic adviser to Félix Tshisekedi is being investigated for facts constituting the prevention of alleged corruption after a video showing him negotiating commission percentages for his company COBAMIN with pseudo investors in the mining sector.

Vidiye Tshimanga resigned from his post on September 16. This resignation followed the publication, on September 15, by the Swiss newspaper Le Temps, of several videos in which he negotiated money with pseudo-investors. Vidiye Tshimanga always talks about manipulation.

mediacongo

Reactions: 15 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
*Fyi, I see where all is not lost, as far as Alingete is concerned and the fight against corruption continues, as

In Brussels, Jules Alingete highlights the progress of the DRC in the fight against corruption

Accompanied by the DRC ambassador to Belgium, Christian Ndongala Nkuku, the inspector and head of services of the General Inspectorate of Finance (IGF), Jules Alingete, spoke on Tuesday, September 27, before elected officials Europeans to present to them the efforts that the Congolese government is making in the fight against corruption.

The objective of this trip, explained Jules Alingete to the press in Brussels, was to restore the image of international opinion in the DRC with regard to corruption in the management of public affairs.

For Jules Alingete, a lot of efforts have been made in the fight against corruption and, to date, in the DRC, the management of public affairs is no longer desacralized as before.

“We presented all the actions that are carried out by the Democratic Republic of Congo, the strategies put in place, the result we have reached today and what remains to be done.

We made pleas so that the international community could have another perception of the Democratic Republic of Congo, in terms of the fight against corruption, taking into account the real progress made by the country,” said Jules Alingete.

Praising the effectiveness of his financial patrol strategy, the number one of the IGF gave further explanations on this system to MEPs who, for several years, have included the control of their public resources upstream.

“We were pleasantly surprised by all the European services and to learn that Belgium has been in control a priori for more than 30 years, France too”, he said.

According to Jules Alingete, the a priori control of public resources remains the best strategy to fight effectively against corruption and the various forms of mismanagement that can be encountered in the management of public funds.

The a priori control of public resources, otherwise called financial patrol, aims to control the management of public resources upstream, that is to say, to involve the IGF in the design and execution of projects that require the disbursement public funds, in order to significantly reduce the risk of misappropriation.

Vidiye Tshimanga, former strategic adviser to the President of the Republic, has been on bail since Tuesday, September 27 evening.

He has just left Makala central prison where he has been detained since September 21.

But according to the prosecutor's office, he will continue to appear while being free at the general prosecutor's office near the Kinshasa-Gombe court of appeal, which is continuing its investigation into the attempted corruption and influence peddling, facts relating to his filmed conversations with supposed investors in the mining sector.

Vidiye Tshimanga, was heard on Wednesday, September 21 by the General Prosecutor's Office at the Kinshasa-Gombe Court of Appeal and placed under a provisional arrest warrant the same day.

The former strategic adviser to Félix Tshisekedi is being investigated for facts constituting the prevention of alleged corruption after a video showing him negotiating commission percentages for his company COBAMIN with pseudo investors in the mining sector.

Vidiye Tshimanga resigned from his post on September 16. This resignation followed the publication, on September 15, by the Swiss newspaper Le Temps, of several videos in which he negotiated money with pseudo-investors. Vidiye Tshimanga always talks about manipulation.

mediacongo

"Jules Alingete highlights the progress of the DRC in the fight against corruption" - I could highlight every page of War and Peace, doesn't mean I've read it.

• Haha

mediacongo
Thanks Frank, thank God you are here as a great source of information and the voice of reason!!!!

Once again I’m over the bullshit and winging of poster’s here, like posts getting an instant 12 ‘likes’ because of throwing shit at Nigel and suggesting shareholders will take him to court…. yeh best of fucken luck with that!! Nigel has been led on by CAMI just as much as the rest of us and had he disclosed everything he knew about the DRC we wouldn’t have got to 50 cents

I’m fucken out of here…. perhaps a few fucken whinges should either consider posting some actual information or have a look on the news today and see what’s going on in Pakistan…. millions of acres of crops destroyed and the banks wanting the poor farmers left with nothing to still pay off their loans. There’s corruption everywhere you fucken idiots

Sorry for posting this on my reply to you Frank, I know you are suffering like the rest of us but I’m glad you’re here!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
Keep information on corruption in the DRC in the media. I think Felix is doing his best root it out, but half his government might have been corrupt so he has a lot of cleaning to do and has to have enough ministers to run the country.

As far as CAMI, I think they are an independent body with their own BOD, but I also think the world (including the US etc) will be providing support to Felix to get Manono up and running.

It’s a matter of patience unfortunately Wombat, but I look at Nigel’s announcements with a sense of positivity unlike some, and what we can do from the sidelines is try to the provide pressure on media platforms like this by sharing information.

Interesting to me is that Glencore is a diamond sponsor at the DRC Mining Week Conferences and is Swiss based. UBS is a Swiss based investment bank and they were caught out laundering millions of dollars out of the DRC earlier this year. It might have been under Kabila but it shows (along with DRC governmental and Chinese business entities) how much and how high corruption goes, so all in all, not too bad that we are still hanging in there.

I know it’s not easy, but as you and I have learned, that’s the stock market…. corruption everywhere, but construction goes ahead because of supply and demand.
"...Not too bad that we are still hanging in there."

About a year after Nigel expect a ML and about 9 months since the expected Christmas celebration of a ML, I'm starting to feel that way too @MoneyBags1348 just the fact we have not been totally removed or someone else been given the ML sadly starts to feel positive by now.

Bonsoir

Regular
Thanks Frank, thank God you are here as a great source of information and the voice of reason!!!!

Once again I’m over the bullshit and winging of poster’s here, like posts getting an instant 12 ‘likes’ because of throwing shit at Nigel and suggesting shareholders will take him to court…. yeh best of fucken luck with that!! Nigel has been led on by CAMI just as much as the rest of us and had he disclosed everything he knew about the DRC we wouldn’t have got to 50 cents

I’m fucken out of here…. perhaps a few fucken whinges should either consider posting some actual information or have a look on the news today and see what’s going on in Pakistan…. millions of acres of crops destroyed and the banks wanting the poor farmers left with nothing to still pay off their loans. There’s corruption everywhere you fucken idiots

Sorry for posting this on my reply to you Frank, I know you are suffering like the rest of us but I’m glad you’re here!
Calm down drama queen, if we had some actual information in the form of facts we would be far more educated in what our hard earned is up against.

Neither you or anyone else here knows for fact why we are suspended and I mean the exact nitty gritty of the suspension. Is it arbitration for the 15% AVZ had first rights to….or the 15% we paid for but was reversed in a court of law and given back to cong…or the changing of our tenement area hence the massive reduction in ownership that some Chinese company offered 240 ml for 24% of the original tenement or the corrupt slime that won’t hand over mining licence???

From the start of the suspension the announcement has been very vague on the specific reason.

Share holders have a legal right to be kept informed and should have been regarding court proceedings on the reversal of ownership percentages regardless of AVZ claim to 75%.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Calm down drama queen, if we had some actual information in the form of facts we would be far more educated in what our hard earned is up against.

Neither you or anyone else here knows for fact why we are suspended and I mean the exact nitty gritty of the suspension. Is it arbitration for the 15% AVZ had first rights to….or the 15% we paid for but was reversed in a court of law and given back to cong…or the changing of our tenement area hence the massive reduction in ownership that some Chinese company offered 240 ml for 24% of the original tenement or the corrupt slime that won’t hand over mining licence???

From the start of the suspension the announcement has been very vague on the specific reason.

Share holders have a legal right to be kept informed and should have been regarding court proceedings on the reversal of ownership percentages regardless of AVZ claim to 75%.
If you want facts, try digging some up like others here do. Nigel has stated the facts about the suspension, and has provided more information than what you do

…. “Nigel won’t see a cent”…. “would be dragged through the courts”…. “nowhere to hide”

And call me a drama queen…. Fuck Off Whinger

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Bonsoir

Regular
If you want facts, try digging some up like others here do. Nigel has stated the facts about the suspension, and has provided more information than what you do

…. “Nigel won’t see a cent”…. “would be dragged through the courts”…. “nowhere to hide”

And call me a drama queen…. Fuck Off Whinger

You know nothing drama queen

Reactions: 1 users

Remark

Top 20
Name calling & personal attacks - welcome to the new HC.:cry:

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 1612

It's school holidays, maybe that explains. :eek:
The kids have taken over the keyboard?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

LOCKY82

Regular
A bit of respect for eachother would go a long way. Frustration is obviously showing itself. I've a sheeet load of money (by my standards) invested here. But IMO investing is a gamble and a risk, however calculated it may be. I believe management didn't acknowledge said transfer of shares or conceed that we had been stripped of any because it was done illegally and held no water as they have said time and time again. I can only imagine the absolute shit show it is trying to do business in that country and if they see fit to not acknowledge every sneaky maneuver that is coming there way, then I say we'll done lads. I feel I have a lot invested, but it's nothing compared to others, would I like every bit of info?? Yes, would that be helpful?? probably not, I probably would have shat my pants if they disclosed every single thing that people think they are entitled to hear, sold out and potentially lost out on a lot of money. For me it's let management do their job and hope we come out on the right side of it, which I still firmly believe we will. You made your bed now lie in it, springs to mind. Good luck to us all, living our tough first world lives demanding answers! 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Frank

Top 20

mediacongo

Vidiye Tshimanga – Jean Félix Mupande, two neighbors at the gates of hell?

On September 16, 2022, the Strategic Advisor of Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi resigns.

An investigation by the Swiss newspaper Le Temps published on September 15 in partnership with the investigative consortium OCCRP caused a storm in Kinshasa.

Like an unripe mango falling in a storm, Vidiye Tshimanga resigned.

In this video, we see the now former Strategic Advisor to the Head of State offering his paid services to pseudo investors in the mining sector of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Wednesday, September 21, Vidiye Tshimanga is placed under a provisional arrest warrant and will spend his first night in prison.

Presented on Friday, September 23 before the council chamber of the Kinshasa-Gombe peace court, the former adviser to the Head of State, the council will order his preventive detention for 15 days before the opening of the file.

Is this the descent into hell for the one that the inmates called "the special"?

Will Vidiye Tshimanga fall alone?

Indeed, if it is true that the former Adviser to the Head of State guaranteed these pseudo investors in the mines his remunerated services and access to mining licenses, it is because the Boss of COBAMIN (Congo Bantu Mining ) has in his pocket the man who delivers the mining licenses: the phantom CEO of the Mining Cadastre, Jean-Félix Mupande.

Vidiye Tshimanga, the very neighbor of Jean-Félix Mupande

They share the same building, the same level.

One's loft is right across from the other's loft at the CTC building, offering a great view of the Congo River.

Mere coincidence?

Ongoing legal inquiries will reveal more.

Vidiye Tshimanga being only the iceberg of this umpteenth corruption scandal which is plaguing the Congolese mining sector.

Recall that at the Presidency of the Republic, the phantom DG of CAMI dismissed by presidential order since December 27, 2018, had as great defender, in order to continue in this position, the Councilors Vidiye Tshimanga, Fortunat Biselele, … apart from the Katangese prime ministers who paraded at the prime minister's office.

According to Bosolo Kweli (alias of our source), a close associate of the CEO of CAMI, the former Strategic Advisor to the Head of State has become a great businessman in the mining sector for having succeeded in maintaining a CEO ghost at the head of this establishment.

Several Advisors and men of the seraglio of Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi have thus obtained and exploit free of charge the licenses of Gecamines, in Katanga, thanks to the cover of Jean-Félix Mupande.

Thus, in several mining cases, we find partners Mr. Vidiye Tshimanga, Fortunat Biselele, the late Tete Kabwe and Guy Loando Mboyo.

While the Presidency of the Republic wanted to pledge, to the Qataris, a gold mine in the Grand Oriental area, for nearly a billion dollars, Fortunat Biselele, Vidiye Tshimanga, Tete Kabwe, Guy Loando in complicity with the very powerful and phantom CEO of CAMI, interfered in the affair.

Jean-Félix Mupande, according to our source, has always been the band's companion and advisor in their mining affairs.

Thus, in several mining cases, we find partners Mr. Vidiye Tshimanga, Fortunat Biselele, the late Tete Kabwe and Guy Loando Mboyo.

While the Presidency of the Republic wanted to pledge, to the Qataris, a gold mine in the Grand Oriental area, for nearly a billion dollars, Fortunat Biselele, Vidiye Tshimanga, Tete Kabwe, Guy Loando in complicity with the very powerful and phantom CEO of CAMI, interfered in the affair.

Jean-Félix Mupande, according to our source, has always been the band's companion and advisor in their mining affairs.

The descent into hell of the "special" Vidiye Tshimanga will certainly have consequences for his neighbor at the CTC, Jean-Félix Mupande.

Actually on TV4 Congo there is an article about the corruption in the Cami, Mr. Mupande is accused by the media to be paid by COBAMIN to decide who gets Mining Licenses...or Not.....no Paper Bags from Nigel.....thats the delay.....AVZ stay honest....we will get all sorted doing a great Job for the development of the DRC in the right way...........

Go Nigel Go.........

Henny70​

think-happy-thoughts.jpg

Food for thought on the long and winding road to Mining Manono :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

JAG

Top 20
1664343747830.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Name calling & personal attacks - welcome to the new HC.:cry:

Feel like it's still missing something... Maybe one of these...

pretty-pretty-dresses.png

We are clearly all a little bit bored and frustrated, no need to fly off the handle at other posters. With the company playing their cards so close to their chest (at least I hope that's what they are doing) its understandable that people are frustrated, bottom line is none of us here know as much about what's happening as Nigel hopefully does but we would definitely love to know a lot more than we do.

Can't really attack people for posting things with very little information when the company has given us no information to post about. Were all getting the pineapple here after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

LOCKY82

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom