AVZ Discussion 2022

Mickyb64

Regular
Jean-felix Mupande, the shadow of untouchable đŸ€Ż
Thanks for the info Charbella, is anything being done about this bloke or are we well and truly screwed?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 1612

TSE meet up when we get out of suspension and reach $2.

Pineapple on pizza's mandatory.
82E68134-E9B4-40BF-A6A2-1C6FECF81405.jpeg
And Pineapple Margaritas

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Charbella

Regular
Thanks for the info Charbella, is anything being done about this bloke or are we well and truly screwed?
I think it's all coming out now.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

LOCKY82

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

wombat74

Top 20

Lets just hope we don't have to wait until this runs through the courts to get our ML . Hopefully the recent increased interest from the USA carries some weight .

Reactions: 18 users

Mickyb64

Regular

Cheers.đŸ€ž

Reactions: 7 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

Pineapple them!!
I see Guy Loando’s name is implicated. Pity king Cong isn’t directly named as well. That would definitely shut the gate

Reactions: 19 users

LOCKY82

Regular
I see Guy Loando’s name is implicated. Pity king Cong isn’t directly named as well. That would definitely shut the gate
The man has no linked-in, twitter or any online presence that I can find at least, he really is a ghost! Obviously doesn't like the limelight, I wonder why!!!
Maybe he's on tik tok!?!?
ghostbusters GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

smileatme

Cited in the Vidiye Tshimanga case in the DRC, Ivanhoe Mines invited to enlighten the public on its links with its partners

View attachment 17445

The Canadian mining company whose activity is concentrated in the Democratic Republic of the Congo around production from the copper mine in joint venture of Kamoa-Kakula and the historical mine of zinc-copper-germanium-silver of Kipushi, Ivanhoe mines is quoted in a case of corruption and influence peddling.

In a widely shared video revealing the direct involvement of a close associate of the Congolese president in the granting of mining permits, Ivanhoe mines is cited as a partner of COBAMIN, a mining company owned by Vidiye Tshimanga.

“With Ivanhoe, they have 80%, I have 20 (
). My 20% is split in half, so you have 10%, that’s COBAMIN – my company.

The other 10%, because in the mining law, you have the obligation to have a Congolese person in the company

This Congolese person is someone we have chosen.” Vidiye Tshimanga said in this video.

In a press release, the “Congo is not for sale” (CNVP) coalition, while calling on international institutions and countries that are friends of the Congolese State to sanction any person involved in bad practices, recommends Ivanhoe Mines to fix the opinion on the nature of its links with its partners.

“To the company Ivanhoe Mines, to enlighten the Congolese public opinion and the shareholders of Ivanhoe mines on any possible contractual relationship with Mr. Tshimanga, Cobamines, and any other company linked to the people publicly exposed.

To initiate legal proceedings against the latter if the company considers that it has been wrongly quoted,” insisted the CNPV.

To the international community, the CNPV is keen on the international sanctions of any Congolese personality involved in bad practices.

“To international institutions and countries friendly to the DRC, to draw up sanctions against any Congolese personality involved in bad practices (corruption, influence peddling, embezzlement, etc.) which keep the Congolese people in indescribable misery,” the statement said.

However, the CNPV also asks the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (ITIE-RDC) to “ensure that the publication of the list of subcontractor companies is effective and exhaustive by the publication of the next report EITI-DRC”.

This human rights defense platform calls on Congolese to be vigilant in denouncing this kind of abuse.

“Remain vigilant and mobilized to denounce all these bad practices and their authors, who enrich themselves exponentially by sacrificing our hopes and those of future generations”.

copperbeltkatangamining
Thanks, Frank for your posts.
Almost 6 months into self suspension. I can't access my money, so I am very unhappy. I fear that the delay indicates that we may be going the way prospect resources ended up. The govt there 'forced' the company to sell their Li project.
If I look through the govt's eye glasses, this is their biggest asset, so why should they give full control to AVZ (a small company)? They may think that it is good to give one part to the chinese and one part to the western mining company and get the maximum benefit to DRC. I think the delay is due to modalities to be worked out.
If that is the way (part or full project sale) AVZ is going, then it is better to split RD and CDL into two. I seriously doubt we keep the whole project with us.
Just my view, but we will know soon.

Reactions: 1 users

Rediah

Regular
The man has no linked-in, twitter or any online presence that I can find at least, he really is a ghost! Obviously doesn't like the limelight, I wonder why!!!
Maybe he's on tik tok!?!?
ghostbusters GIF
In underdeveloped countries, we find these sort of guys to do the dirty work of the politicians and are expendables, they collect the money for them, when they get caught their gig is up, government take the claim for brining them to justice by getting rid of them and appointing another ghost character, so its a win-win for the government and cycles continue.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
In underdeveloped countries, we find these sort of guys to do the dirty work of the politicians and are expendables, they collect the money for them, when they get caught their gig is up, government take the claim for brining them to justice by getting rid of them and appointing another ghost character, so its a win-win for the government and cycles continue.
Well , between getting rid of the prick, and appointing the next ghost, can we have our ML please

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Roller62

Regular

Reactions: 5 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Any words on the street why we are doing that?

Zijin and Cong said they weren't being given enough on a silver platter so we have to increase the resource since we can't cap raise for snack payments while in suspension.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
@Charbella thank you so much for sharing this. It solidifies what I believe is at the core of our suspension and that is the funny business that must be going on at CAMI.
Just days after the MoM issued the decree to issue Dathcom the ML it all fell apart and we've been in suspension ever since. Having read this article it confirms that CAMI runs its own business, interprets the mining code and issues licences to whoever they see fit. Their mafia shows a very well connected and vertically integrated shadow business that extended right up from the presidents closest advisors to the mandatory Congolese mining JV entities and CAMI. I cannot help but think that the recent USA interests in DRC's resources, their insistence to clean up corruption in the mining sector and this revelation in a Swiss newspaper of an undercover sting are not somehow connected.
We do not know how easily and how many beans Vidiye will spill and how fast authorities will act on it and therefore this can drag out some time, but overall I see this as positive for AVZ. As a minimum everybody in the mafia is on notice.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Bonsoir

Regular
@Charbella thank you so much for sharing this. It solidifies what I believe is at the core of our suspension and that is the funny business that must be going on at CAMI.
Just days after the MoM issued the decree to issue Dathcom the ML it all fell apart and we've been in suspension ever since. Having read this article it confirms that CAMI runs its own business, interprets the mining code and issues licences to whoever they see fit. Their mafia shows a very well connected and vertically integrated shadow business that extended right up from the presidents closest advisors to the mandatory Congolese mining JV entities and CAMI. I cannot help but think that the recent USA interests in DRC's resources, their insistence to clean up corruption in the mining sector and this revelation in a Swiss newspaper of an undercover sting are not somehow connected.
We do not know how easily and how many beans Vidiye will spill and how fast authorities will act on it and therefore this can drag out some time, but overall I see this as positive for AVZ. As a minimum everybody in the mafia is on notice.
As long as AVZ are & were squeaky clean when they acquired the tenement back in 2016. In the back of my mind that slimey German prick Klaus was involved back then and that concerns me a little.

If we are squeaky clean with the Yanks getting involved we will be fine.

Reactions: 19 users

Samus

Top 20
"The descent into hell of the "special" Vidiye Tshimanga will certainly have consequences for his neighbor at the CTC, Jean-FĂ©lix Mupande."
đŸ€žđŸ€žđŸ€ž

Samus

Top 20
Be nice to think Felix might have organised the sting operation to weed out these crooks and be empowered to get rid of them. Guess time will tell as usual.
Interesting they call Jean-Felix 'the phantom', there is rarely any media about the slippery bastard as noted previously. :unsure:
One imagines the fucker has been sitting on his hands waiting for his duffel bag of cash, hopefully now he'll push AVZ through under threat of the pineapple treatment in jail.

Last edited:
  • Thinking

Azzler

Top 20
USA: Hi Felix, we want your battery minerals, and we'll pay top dollar for it, we'll treat your people with respect, as well as ensure it's above board, and that no that criminals profit from our buisiness, unlike all your dealings with the chinese scumbags.
However you must rid yourselves of the obvious corruption first, and we need some very public displays to assure our citizens we arent investing in corruption.

DRC: Oh wonderful but we are burdened with suffocating corruption, just look at AVZ, we can't even get them a mining licence. We don't hold enough power to expose the criminals. Help us!

USA: Hold my beer...

DRC: Oh our corruption has been exposed!

USA: Ok cool, now let me get out my cheque book.... Who do I make the billions out to?

I dunno folks, I'm seeing events linking up. AVZ can't get it's licence due to corruption, USA enterers stage right, makes a statement that DRC must clean up corruption, suddenly there's a video Expose'. And it's the very process and players holding up the mining licence.
Lets see what happens next?
đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

wombat74

Top 20
USA: Hi Felix, we want your battery minerals, and we'll pay top dollar for it, we'll treat your people with respect, as well as ensure it's above board, and no that criminals profit from our buisiness, unlike all your dealings with the chinese scumbags.
However you must rid yourselves of the obvious corruption first, and we need some very public displays to assure our citizens we arent investing in corruption.

DRC: Oh wonderful but we are burdened with suffocating corruption, just look at AVZ, we can't even get them a mining licence. We don't hold enough power to expose the criminals. Help us!

USA: Hold my beer...

DRC: Oh our corruption has been exposed!

USA: Ok cool, now let me get out my cheque book.... Who do I make the billions out to?

I dunno folks, I'm seeing events linking up. AVZ can't get it's licence due to corruption, USA enterers stage right, makes a statement that DRC must clean up corruption, suddenly there's a video Expose'. And it's the very process and players holding up the mining licence.
Lets see what happens next?
đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž
As long as it happens quickly . They can sort all this shit while we are building a mine .

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Bin59

Regular

1664264361066.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom