I remember the old "Goon Bags" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Tursty

• Haha

TDITD

Top 20
Had a nice 5-day break visiting wife's family. Out in country NSW and the house we were in had no reception so I could switch off. Recommend this to any of you long sufferers out there feeling the heat. Also drank a lot of alcohol so it could be that too?

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
D

Deleted member 1612

Had a nice 5-day break visiting wife's family. Out in country NSW and the house we were in had no reception so I could switch off. Recommend this to any of you long sufferers out there feeling the heat. Also drank a lot of alcohol so it could be that too?
Sounds great. Houses with no reception should be advertised for this purpose. Tell me there’s no wifi too!? Sounds amazing.

Reactions: 3 users

Frank

Top 20

Cited in the Vidiye Tshimanga case in the DRC, Ivanhoe Mines invited to enlighten the public on its links with its partners

1664243088732.png

The Canadian mining company whose activity is concentrated in the Democratic Republic of the Congo around production from the copper mine in joint venture of Kamoa-Kakula and the historical mine of zinc-copper-germanium-silver of Kipushi, Ivanhoe mines is quoted in a case of corruption and influence peddling.

In a widely shared video revealing the direct involvement of a close associate of the Congolese president in the granting of mining permits, Ivanhoe mines is cited as a partner of COBAMIN, a mining company owned by Vidiye Tshimanga.

“With Ivanhoe, they have 80%, I have 20 (…). My 20% is split in half, so you have 10%, that’s COBAMIN – my company.

The other 10%, because in the mining law, you have the obligation to have a Congolese person in the company…

This Congolese person is someone we have chosen.” Vidiye Tshimanga said in this video.

In a press release, the “Congo is not for sale” (CNVP) coalition, while calling on international institutions and countries that are friends of the Congolese State to sanction any person involved in bad practices, recommends Ivanhoe Mines to fix the opinion on the nature of its links with its partners.

“To the company Ivanhoe Mines, to enlighten the Congolese public opinion and the shareholders of Ivanhoe mines on any possible contractual relationship with Mr. Tshimanga, Cobamines, and any other company linked to the people publicly exposed.

To initiate legal proceedings against the latter if the company considers that it has been wrongly quoted,” insisted the CNPV.

To the international community, the CNPV is keen on the international sanctions of any Congolese personality involved in bad practices.

“To international institutions and countries friendly to the DRC, to draw up sanctions against any Congolese personality involved in bad practices (corruption, influence peddling, embezzlement, etc.) which keep the Congolese people in indescribable misery,” the statement said.

However, the CNPV also asks the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (ITIE-RDC) to “ensure that the publication of the list of subcontractor companies is effective and exhaustive by the publication of the next report EITI-DRC”.

This human rights defense platform calls on Congolese to be vigilant in denouncing this kind of abuse.

“Remain vigilant and mobilized to denounce all these bad practices and their authors, who enrich themselves exponentially by sacrificing our hopes and those of future generations”.

copperbeltkatangamining

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users

TDITD

Top 20
Sounds great. Houses with no reception should be advertised for this purpose. Tell me there’s no wifi too!? Sounds amazing.
Yes, no wi-fi either so it felt like we were taken back in time. It was great, you had to walk for reception.
Kids had no iPad and survived.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Thaz

Regular
Kids had no iPad and survived.
What a shocker - who would've imagined in this day an age. haha.

Definitely sounds like something that people will need to do every now and then.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Frank

Top 20
The US were present at a meeting held during UNGA 77 to discuss support for the DRC-Zambia Cooperation Agreement 😁

*To remind, re:- U.S involvement comes with conditions, like - Clean up Corruption for one, No Pressure Felix :rolleyes:

The Biden administration sets conditions for investing in the DRC mining sector

On a visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo, from September 12 to 13, 2022, the emissary of American President Joe Biden, ended his visit after talks with the President of the Republic Félix Antoine Tshisekedi, the two personalities discussed the issues and investment potential of the Congolese mining sector.

At the end of his visit to the DR Congo, Amos Hochstein, special coordinator of the President of the United States of America in charge of international energy affairs, made a point of reaffirming the interest that his country attaches to the DRC.

“We have a wide range of interests in Congo.

This is why the United States of America wishes to strengthen its relations with the DRC”,
he spoke to the press on Tuesday, September 3.

According to him, the purpose of his visit to the DRC revolves mainly around the mining sector, as well as the investment potential that the latter abounds.

“The purpose of my visit is essentially to develop the mining sector,” Amos Hochstein told the press.

He also underlined the role played by the DRC in the current global energy transition.

“The DRC is one of the most important countries in the world, because it contributes to the energy transition, as we move from fossil fuel to cleaner energy”, he underlined.

“The whole world will need minerals, natural resources… as a whole which are necessary for this transformation and I don’t think there is a country other than the DRC that can bring so much to the world”

US stands up against corruption and inhuman labour in the mining sector

“We therefore want energy, but also ensure the conditions under which those who contribute to this cleaner energy (which we want) work

To do this, we have a good understanding of what cleaner energy means.

That is to say, no corruption but also (guarantees) of working conditions for those who work in the minerals sector,” said Amos Hochstein.

The emissary of the American president, says he is positive and remains hopeful of returning to Congo for a next meeting.

“So, this is what we have been discussing for the past two days with the Congolese authorities. I keep my hopes up and look forward to coming back here on a future trip,” he said.

After Blinken, Hochstein brings the same speech

This mission by Amos Hochstein to Kinshasa demonstrates the interest the USA attaches to the country’s minerals and natural resources.

It comes just a month after another Joe Biden envoy visited.

Anthony J. Blinken, the American Secretary of State, had stayed in the Congolese capital from August 9 to 10.

During his visit, Anthony Blinken had also met some officials of the Tshisekedi administration and exchanged with them on several areas but more particularly that of the investment sector, which Amos Hochstein also addressed in his mission.

The undercards

According to analysts, the Biden administration conditions the arrival of its investors on the respect of a certain number of democratic criteria and principles, supposed to guarantee transparency in an environment where other expatriates have preferred to launch without asking too many requirements.

And that suits the Congolese authorities who need capital to boost the development of a long impoverished and asphyxiated country, they seem to lean more towards realism than towards the elastic caution of American investors, explained its observers.

copperbeltkatangamining

Chasing Tesla.jpg

WTF !!!.jpeg

Makutano – If we don't, who will.png

Food for thought on the Days of our DRC Lives and the Road to Manono Bro :unsure:

GLTA-AVZH's 🤞

Cheers

Frank 🙏

• Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Goat

Regular
Well back to reality. Word on the street is that AVZ are pumping some big drill bits into the ground every day, targeting 15000m worth of holes.
Be patient my little kittens, the pineapples will be flowing freely very soon.

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Rediah

Regular
I am driving to Sydney this coming weekend, no where in particular, just want to clear my head space, I planned it a month ago and was hoping by then (this coming long weekend) we will be out and trading, and i will stop by at places of our contributors here on TSE to drop some goodies along the way and may go all the way to Adelaide, and fly to see Jag and others in Perth. Alas.... , I am sure good news is just around the corner, and Melbourne will be place to be ;)

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Cited in the Vidiye Tshimanga case in the DRC, Ivanhoe Mines invited to enlighten the public on its links with its partners

View attachment 17445

The Canadian mining company whose activity is concentrated in the Democratic Republic of the Congo around production from the copper mine in joint venture of Kamoa-Kakula and the historical mine of zinc-copper-germanium-silver of Kipushi, Ivanhoe mines is quoted in a case of corruption and influence peddling.

In a widely shared video revealing the direct involvement of a close associate of the Congolese president in the granting of mining permits, Ivanhoe mines is cited as a partner of COBAMIN, a mining company owned by Vidiye Tshimanga.

“With Ivanhoe, they have 80%, I have 20 (…). My 20% is split in half, so you have 10%, that’s COBAMIN – my company.

The other 10%, because in the mining law, you have the obligation to have a Congolese person in the company…

This Congolese person is someone we have chosen.” Vidiye Tshimanga said in this video.

In a press release, the “Congo is not for sale” (CNVP) coalition, while calling on international institutions and countries that are friends of the Congolese State to sanction any person involved in bad practices, recommends Ivanhoe Mines to fix the opinion on the nature of its links with its partners.

“To the company Ivanhoe Mines, to enlighten the Congolese public opinion and the shareholders of Ivanhoe mines on any possible contractual relationship with Mr. Tshimanga, Cobamines, and any other company linked to the people publicly exposed.

To initiate legal proceedings against the latter if the company considers that it has been wrongly quoted,” insisted the CNPV.

To the international community, the CNPV is keen on the international sanctions of any Congolese personality involved in bad practices.

“To international institutions and countries friendly to the DRC, to draw up sanctions against any Congolese personality involved in bad practices (corruption, influence peddling, embezzlement, etc.) which keep the Congolese people in indescribable misery,” the statement said.

However, the CNPV also asks the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (ITIE-RDC) to “ensure that the publication of the list of subcontractor companies is effective and exhaustive by the publication of the next report EITI-DRC”.

This human rights defense platform calls on Congolese to be vigilant in denouncing this kind of abuse.

“Remain vigilant and mobilized to denounce all these bad practices and their authors, who enrich themselves exponentially by sacrificing our hopes and those of future generations”.

copperbeltkatangamining
I wonder, if How Ivanhoe responds.
Will they say ‘along with DRC custom we showed up with a pile of brown bags, or say ‘who?’, ‘what?’, we don’t know nothing.
Or will they say in the interest of all concerned we went along with business as usual.
I can remember an interview about one or two years ago Robert Friedland hinting at something like ‘you have to be practical in life and get the best out of a business deal’.
I am not in the mood to delve that interview up, but I believe he was sitting in front of an open fire in Singapore, in a short sleeved blue polo shirt. 😂

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Charbella

Regular
Well back to reality. Word on the street is that AVZ are pumping some big drill bits into the ground every day, targeting 15000m worth of holes.
Any words on the street why we are doing that?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
Value adding for a beautiful Take Over .

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Charbella

Regular
WOW

Attachments

• D82204F2-BDF0-4E1C-953E-962D0844D4A0.png
    D82204F2-BDF0-4E1C-953E-962D0844D4A0.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19 users

wombat74

Top 20
I am driving to Sydney this coming weekend, no where in particular, just want to clear my head space, I planned it a month ago and was hoping by then (this coming long weekend) we will be out and trading, and i will stop by at places of our contributors here on TSE to drop some goodies along the way and may go all the way to Adelaide, and fly to see Jag and others in Perth. Alas.... , I am sure good news is just around the corner, and Melbourne will be place to be ;)
Mate if you head north you can visit the Big Pineapple .

• Haha

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Wow

Charbella

Regular
Jean-felix Mupande, the shadow of untouchable 🤯

Attachments

• 8722D016-0042-40B0-B5E5-96EAC25B7E40.png
    8722D016-0042-40B0-B5E5-96EAC25B7E40.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 67
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Thaz

Regular
Mate if you head north you can visit the Big Pineapple .

TSE meet up when we get out of suspension and reach $2.

Pineapple on pizza's mandatory.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20
Jean-felix Mupande, the shadow of untouchable 🤯
So is this prick going to jail or what ?Criminals in broad daylight .

• Sad
Top Bottom