AVZ Discussion 2022

Roon

Regular
How long do you think it should take to release the ML, or should I rephrase that into how many paper bags do you think it takes?

I have not seen a lot of cleaning up by FT, have you?
To be honest he barely has had time, was overseas, or interstate globe trotting, making Facebook pixies for his collection.

Maybe it is safer being overseas than at home in a bulletproof jacket.
If your face doesn't fit in Kinshasa and you wish to extent your life, it is probably better to stay very far away.

Do you think the head of the Cadastre is so photogenic that he has to be lately on every photo with the MoM, or is that to show that the MoM is really a puppet on a string, directed by Jean Felix?
Oh mate believe me I largely agree, I've often said I think the action on corruption is skin deep. The control the executive has over the various branches of government appears limited at best. Was just interesting to note the change in your sentiment, as until very recently you'd been pretty good at putting down dissenting or criticial views. The capacity of management I think to resolve our issues is probably minimal, and I question a little how much the government is likely to do to address major internal challenges with elections approaching - particularly given how many hands you'd need to stand on to do so.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Hope you're okay there Retro

I broke two ribs tripping over my own feet playing in a Dads v Sons red rover soccer fun day before leaving for a family overseas holiday

Man lifting those bags into the overhead luggage compartments was an interesting experience....

Lived on codeine for weeks.....man I wish I'd got some of the good stuff like you!

I'm ok considering, thanks Wino. When I'm stationary there's no pain - sitting, standing or lying down (at the right angle) but it's when moving from one of those positions to another that it hurts like a mofo. The endone is helping a bit but I'm definitely not pain-free.

I broke a couple of ribs playing footy back in the 1980s and then around 20 years ago tore rib cartilege in a car vs bike match up, so I know how this pans out - which is why I'm dreading sneezing anytime soon! Unfortunately the bike stack this time was so lame it's not even a decent war story to tell - at least the previous time I was airborne sliding across the bonnet of a moving car on my back with the bike still clipped into my shoes above me, so it was a spectacular bike prang.

I played the sympathy card with my work colleagues and they arranged for a box of donuts to be delivered to home, which was nice. Would prefer a ML though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I'm ok considering, thanks Wino. When I'm stationary there's no pain - sitting, standing or lying down (at the right angle) but it's when moving from one of those positions to another that it hurts like a mofo. The endone is helping a bit but I'm definitely not pain-free.

I broke a couple of ribs playing footy back in the 1980s and then around 20 years ago tore rib cartilege in a car vs bike match up, so I know how this pans out - which is why I'm dreading sneezing anytime soon! Unfortunately the bike stack this time was so lame it's not even a decent war story to tell - at least the previous time I was airborne sliding across the bonnet of a moving car on my back with the bike still clipped into my shoes above me, so it was a spectacular bike prang.

I played the sympathy card with my work colleagues and they arranged for a box of donuts to be delivered to home, which was nice. Would prefer a ML though.

View attachment 17397
Hang in there......

Yeah I'd forgotten the whole sneezing thing.....whoa!

Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Hang in there......

Yeah I'd forgotten the whole sneezing thing.....whoa!
My war story was nothing to rave about

I mean seriously an unfit 50 year old running as fast as he can tripping himself over and hittin' the turf????

No-one else involved

Two ribs! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Soapy

Regular
After reading the FFX forum last night I think we are doing just fine “for now”, poor buggers over there!! Just goes to show how fast things can fall apart for what ever reason.

Reactions: 4 users

wombat74

Top 20
I understand for AVZ to move forward there are issues involving corruption that need to be sorted . However I'm curious to know why some people think corruption in the DRC as a whole needs to be cleaned up before the ML would be granted ? We are in a specific situation . The idea that the DRC has to fix all issues before we can get the go ahead is absurd .

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

View attachment 17397

I broke one rib about 8 years ago, one is bad enough. I can highly recommend sleeping like a baby, flat on your back with your arms above you head like this:

9a2af5b9c847d9e00106fadda0d52edf.jpg

My war story was nothing to rave about

I mean seriously an unfit 50 year old running as fast as he can tripping himself over and hittin' the turf????

No-one else involved

Two ribs! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I attempted to pants my mate in a very public swimming pool (Wet n Wild on the GC). His reaction was to spin around and punch whoever was doing it. I completely deserved it but in hindsight the pain was not worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Dow Futures a bit ordinary

Could be another rough day tomorrow :rolleyes:

Samus

Top 20
I haven't been around as long as some of the more seasoned investors here, but I would think that uprooting corruption in a country does not finish in 3 yrs time.

FT is in politics - so obviously he has to still play the politics games. But as long as he's still got the same agenda (and based on last few months of news - visits from the US, actions taken so far with respect to the corruption), I personally have no reason to be concerned.
The place is fucked, it'll take a generation to weed out the corruption.

I've also been hearing that the focus should shift to Manono shortly after the UN general assembly.
I'm giving the rumour mill one last chance tbh, been hearing similar noises for the past 3-4 months with no official results to show for it to date.
With what's been said in relation to what has actually officially happened it's all starting to wear a bit thin, ongoing high level meetings yet to yield any difinitive results after 5 months

Reactions: 8 users

Samus

Top 20
I understand for AVZ to move forward there are issues involving corruption that need to be sorted . However I'm curious to know why some people think corruption in the DRC as a whole needs to be cleaned up before the ML would be granted ? We are in a specific situation . The idea that the DRC has to fix all issues before we can get the go ahead is absurd .
Sounds like somebody just needs to sort out the corrupt cu#t at cami for us to move forward but who really knows.
We still don't know the difinitive reason as to why we're in suspension in the first place.

Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Dow Futures a bit ordinary

Could be another rough day tomorrow :rolleyes:

And just when you thought it could be another shocker the dow futures sprout some green shoots!

Reactions: 6 users

Remark

Top 20
I think we may see a green (dead cat?) bounce tomorrow maybe?

bouncyball1.gif

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

ptlas

Regular

Attachments

• 220926 DOW-Weekly.png
    220926 DOW-Weekly.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 51
The place is fucked, it'll take a generation to weed out the corruption.

I've also been hearing that the focus should shift to Manono shortly after the UN general assembly.
I'm giving the rumour mill one last chance tbh, been hearing similar noises for the past 3-4 months with no official results to show for it to date.
With what's been said in relation to what has actually officially happened it's all starting to wear a bit thin, ongoing high level meetings yet to yield any difinitive results after 5 months
F33F662F-8C61-4B5B-914E-7ABDE559AE1F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
I think that after 5 months if the directors cannot conclude matters definitely then we should be open to trade.

Markets always trade on the unknown and the known. Price sensitive announcements have an affect on price because the market at large is not aware of machinations till that announcement.

Being locked out of trading negates all known and unknown matters pertaining to a stock been taken into account determining market price and I think it's rapidly approaching the time for holders to be being able to trade on that basis and for better or worse make that market price.

Allowing the market not to do that is taking away all the possibilities.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Bin59

Regular
Can someone give a brief translation of what’s being said in the video please?

This was one reply/post in response to the video:

1664185243677.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

Rediah

Regular

ptlas

Regular
and then it turns to shit again.....ouch!!:eek:
Sorry mate but it is shit.
Just occasionally the shit doesn't seem to smell then the prevailing wind returns.

Personally, with all the shit going on worldwide, I don't see a bottom.
pun intended

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Can someone give a brief translation of what’s being said in the video please?

This was one reply/post in response to the video:

View attachment 17404

"Oh mama the corruption is pushing a pineapple right up my ass"

"Don't you worry it will aaaall be fiiiiiiiiine"

"I don't think so girlfriend....Felix is draggin' his fat ass around the globe doin' sweet FA to sort out the whole fkn mess"

"Well I've got some brown paper bags there big boy that says this shit is getting sorted .....real soon!"

"Yeah???......for who?"

"It don't matter sweetie...you just sit back there and relaaaaax...."

"Oh....okay. What about Nige and AVZ???"

"Who........?"

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom