AVZ Discussion 2022

Sorry I missed the question before. At this stage, yes I think before the 10th of October, that's my personal opinion. In saying that, I don't think AVZ management would not know the exact date they expect to resume trading at this stage. So at this stage and based on a poor track record of resumption of trading expectations, I think it best I refrain from calling out anymore birthdays.

Besides, I'd hate to spoil the surprise 😂🦊
Thanks for taking the time to reply mate. Appreciate it.

Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
Great T-shirt Fox . In a recent post you mentioned the following : "Cong has agreed not to claim any ownership percentage of AVZ so all in the clear there around ownership issues, although Cong still has his hand out, but we can sort that out don’t worry."
Do you know this for a fact ? If true who is the "We" in "we can sort it out ?"

You also mentioned something about Nigel flying back to the DRC on request as everything was ready to go only to find it wasn't.
Is Nigel currently flying back and forth to finalize things only to be stuffed around ?

Sorry mate I wasn't quite sure if you were practicing your creative writing skills or you were giving us a run down on what's been happening . Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Hi All

Fuck me............feels like a bunsen burner in this forum atm........:mad:

I may as well add to the fire.........:devilish:

MYSOGYNY ?

Give me a break, when that was mentioned, i looked back on all the posts and couldnt find squat........am i to assume feelings were hurt when @JAG sent another girly pic ?

Like many on this forum , i am a male, have a wife and a daughter, so by me giving JAG a " like " for a gorgeous girl, does that make me a mysogynist ?

I have much respect for the female brigade as i am sure everyone here does, feel utterly disgusted that in the great nation of OZ, that 1 in 3 females get domestically abused.........:mad:

So to even up the score

muscle man.gif

Enjoy ladies...........;)

@Der Geist , @R2D2

Whats with the chinese symbols ?............wtf ?

Not being discrimintory , cause i have alot of chinese clients, some are also mates, but considering chinese state backed coys like Zijin ( amongst others ) plus Cong are the core evil in this ROYAL SHIT SHOW aka @John25 , i consider that to be a red flag to a bull in the TSE AVZ community.....;)

I reckon @The Fox has nailed the current situation succinctly, this is completely out of Nigels hands this royal shit show, probably the reason why a whole heap of " deadlines " havnt been met in the past either........:unsure:

Should Nigel have been a little bit more transparent with shareholders / ASX about a possible shit storm brewing ?.............possibly, or possibly not, like i said in a previous post, if Nigel did allude, then AVZ SP might have tanked regardless...........markets hate ambiguity !

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Given what we know now with all this corruption shit, i reckon he has done a hell of a job to navigate AVZ to the ML decree stage..........;)

Easy to criticise, but what a unforgiving job having to deal with corrupt DRC officials plus back stabbing chinese coy looking to take away your prized possessions that you have worked your tits off to achieve !!

It reminds me when i was a kid when i won the 14 & under state tennis title, i received this awesome trophy, i was proud as punch.........only to then have that taken away from me due to a mistake and was handed another trophy that looked like a door stop..............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::mad::mad:

Anyway..............another extended suspension........:sleep::sleep:😭😭

But.......there is hope.

" The company is confident of a positive outcome for its share holders , resulting in the re-instatement of trading in its securities. "

Nigel wouldnt make such a comment if indeed it wasnt true....;)

I reckon @Nellie17 and @The Fox have been on the money all along............just not the time lines.

I reckon Felix is finally showing his true colours.

All the jigsaw pieces i read from the great sleuths in this forum point to a positive outcome.

But i will only believe its TRUE..............once that formal ASX announcement drops on the 10/10 or earlier.

Stay strong my brothers and sisters................party time may not be that far away.

african-dance.gif

cross-finger-cross.gif

imo

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Soapy

Regular
I've got to agree and I said so in earlier posts, AVZ is not a mining company, definitely not staffed or experienced for a10MTPa plant in DRC with hydro power, roads and rail, hydroxy plant. Have you checked their organisation?
They need to prove up the reserves, get the ML, offtakes, BFS and SEZ, then sell down or sell out.
Nobody tells me that any contracts tendered 2 to 3 years ago are still valid and ready to go once ML and financing is in place. I asked about that during investor event in April 2021 and the responses were very cagey and evasive. Neither are those contracts for the upscaled plant. Where does AVZ get the skills and bodies from to run such a huge undertaking with all the challenges along the way? Sell down or TO is the realistic endgame IMO. $2 - $3 per share and I'll be very, very satisfied.
All this talk about $2 - $3 dividends is fairy stuff. Woodside energy having its best year revenue wise is paying just around 3 dollars a share with a SP of over thirty dollars. That's just not gonna happen for AVZ.
In my opinion i believe what you have said is right on point and well we are back on the TO caper I'm going to burst you bubble and say $2-3 is overly optimistic. I feel $1.50 will be max and that the line in the latest announcement "The company is confident of a positive outcome for its shareholders" in my opinion possibly refers to a TO being negotiated. this is completely a gut feeling, holds no merit and I'm clutching at straws with a big guess. However I just thought I would have a ramble on a Sunday afternoon as its a change from Pineapples, Boats, Steak, Red wine and golden Easter eggs.

On a side note NF has many million reasons to negotiate a take over and for a lot of holders $1.50 would be life changing and a heroic move. Not too many GEOs go from explorer 4c to multi billion dollar TO. JUST THINK ABOUT THAT. its very easy to get side distracted with rose tinted goggles when people are throwing around figures of $5,$7....... but is this reality???

Don't get me wrong I'm arms wide open to $2-$3-$5 but I think its a little dreamy.

all in my own opinion of course and guessing and speculating is all we can do until we get official news.

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Hi All

Fuck me............feels like a bunsen burner in this forum atm........:mad:

I may as well add to the fire.........:devilish:

MYSOGYNY ?

Give me a break, when that was mentioned, i looked back on all the posts and couldnt find squat........am i to assume feelings were hurt when @JAG sent another girly pic ?

Like many on this forum , i am a male, have a wife and a daughter, so by me giving JAG a " like " for a gorgeous girl, does that make me a mysogynist ?

I have much respect for the female brigade as i am sure everyone here does, feel utterly disgusted that in the great nation of OZ, that 1 in 3 females get domestically abused.........:mad:

So to even up the score

View attachment 16842

Enjoy ladies...........;)

@Der Geist , @R2D2

Whats with the chinese symbols ?............wtf ?

Not being discrimintory , cause i have alot of chinese clients, some are also mates, but considering chinese state backed coys like Zijin ( amongst others ) plus Cong are the core evil in this ROYAL SHIT SHOW aka @John25 , i consider that to be a red flag to a bull in the TSE AVZ community.....;)

I reckon @The Fox has nailed the current situation succinctly, this is completely out of Nigels hands this royal shit show, probably the reason why a whole heap of " deadlines " havnt been met in the past either........:unsure:

Should Nigel have been a little bit more transparent with shareholders / ASX about a possible shit storm brewing ?.............possibly, or possibly not, like i said in a previous post, if Nigel did allude, then AVZ SP might have tanked regardless...........markets hate ambiguity !

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Given what we know now with all this corruption shit, i reckon he has done a hell of a job to navigate AVZ to the ML decree stage..........;)

Easy to criticise, but what a unforgiving job having to deal with corrupt DRC officials plus back stabbing chinese coy looking to take away your prized possessions that you have worked your tits off to achieve !!

It reminds me when i was a kid when i won the 14 & under state tennis title, i received this awesome trophy, i was proud as punch.........only to then have that taken away from me due to a mistake and was handed another trophy that looked like a door stop..............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::mad::mad:

Anyway..............another extended suspension........:sleep::sleep:😭😭

But.......there is hope.

" The company is confident of a positive outcome for its share holders , resulting in the re-instatement of trading in its securities. "

Nigel wouldnt make such a comment if indeed it wasnt true....;)

I reckon @Nellie17 and @The Fox have been on the money all along............just not the time lines.

I reckon Felix is finally showing his true colours.

All the jigsaw pieces i read from the great sleuths in this forum point to a positive outcome.

But i will only believe its TRUE..............once that formal ASX announcement drops on the 10/10 or earlier.

Stay strong my brothers and sisters................party time may not be that far away.

View attachment 16870

View attachment 16871

imo
That tennis trophy side story was funny as shit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nevertheless kudos for winning the U14 title you must have been pretty damn good!

I played tennis on the grass courts at Applecross once back in the day and then dragged a net up and down the Swan catching prawns which were then promptly dumped into a huge pot of boiling water on a fire right near the rivers edge and then consumed

Unbelievable.....would have been around mid-late 70's

Had to wear sandshoes in the river when dragging for the prawns so you didn't get spiked accidently by the Cobblers

• Haha
  • Love

The Fox

Regular
Great T-shirt Fox . In a recent post you mentioned the following : "Cong has agreed not to claim any ownership percentage of AVZ so all in the clear there around ownership issues, although Cong still has his hand out, but we can sort that out don’t worry."
Do you know this for a fact ? If true who is the "We" in "we can sort it out ?"

You also mentioned something about Nigel flying back to the DRC on request as everything was ready to go only to find it wasn't.
Is Nigel currently flying back and forth to finalize things only to be stuffed around ?

Sorry mate I wasn't quite sure if you were practicing your creative writing skills or you were giving us a run down on what's been happening . Cheers
Howdy Wombat, I don't know where Nigel is presently or exactly what he is told or by whom in the DRC. I would not suggest anyone consider information on these threads as fact, far too strong a word. The AVZ story has been all over the shop IMO so hard to take comfort in any information being accurate or at best, only for a short time. Persons on the ground I connected with a few months ago (that are not part of AVZ's team or advisors) do paint a picture of what is going on and that leads to filling in some gaps with conjecture or assumptions. That's the best I can do while we wait for offical or formal information. Cheers The Fox 🦊

Reactions: 16 users

tonster66

Regular
In my opinion i believe what you have said is right on point and well we are back on the TO caper I'm going to burst you bubble and say $2-3 is overly optimistic. I feel $1.50 will be max and that the line in the latest announcement "The company is confident of a positive outcome for its shareholders" in my opinion possibly refers to a TO being negotiated. this is completely a gut feeling, holds no merit and I'm clutching at straws with a big guess. However I just thought I would have a ramble on a Sunday afternoon as its a change from Pineapples, Boats, Steak, Red wine and golden Easter eggs.

On a side note NF has many million reasons to negotiate a take over and for a lot of holders $1.50 would be life changing and a heroic move. Not too many GEOs go from explorer 4c to multi billion dollar TO. JUST THINK ABOUT THAT. its very easy to get side distracted with rose tinted goggles when people are throwing around figures of $5,$7....... but is this reality???

Don't get me wrong I'm arms wide open to $2-$3-$5 but I think its a little dreamy.

all in my own opinion of course and guessing and speculating is all we can do until we get official news.
$1.90 for KDR, surely this resource is far superior.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Soapy

Regular
But what was their Market cap with $1.90? I thought it was in the millions not billions happy to be wrong Tonster😃

Reactions: 6 users

Samus

Top 20

Yes 7-11b takeover seems like fantasy land imo. Even 5.4b for this headache looks pretty far fetched.
It's starting to feel like if we walk away from this clusterfuck with $1.5 we could thank our lucky stars and I'd rather do that than have my money tied up under suspension for years as the market loses faith.
I'm not sure what the DRC are playing at but it doesn't feel right. The apparent support we enjoy from the government isn't on display, the battery council is starting to feel like carrot on a stick as the only public support to date.
Still no collaboration agreement, mining licence, HEPP agreement etc. All things that were touted to be ready to go months if not years ago.
WTF are these dodgy pricks playing at?
We're caught up in a mess of politics and corruption while the production date slips away to the point we'll miss the peak demand for lithium over the coming years.
I'll be glad to be out of this shit tbh if everything isn't 100% above board and ready to go very very soon. After the time that's passed it really should be and hopefully with 85-90% ownership.
The worst fear is a slide back into the 20-50c range after resumption of trading along with another forced period of holding for years until the price recovers.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
But what was their Market cap with $1.90? I thought it was in the millions not billions happy to be wrong Tonster😃
Kidman had around 408m shares outstanding valuing Wesfarmers take over for $1.90 per share at $776m AUD

AVZ has 3.52b shares outstanding which at current share price of $0.78 is a market value of $2.75b AUD

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20

"The company is confident of a positive outcome for its shareholders"
I picked up on this as well when they used it in a previous announcement and came to the same conclusion as you . Have never thought for 1 second AVZ would go on to develop this project . Of course they have to play the game . Talk up future plans blah blah blah . In my opinion Nigel "might" have flipped up in his last interview . I cant remember exactly what he said word for word because it was deleted out very shortly after the interview was released on You tube . He said something along the lines he didn't want AVZ to be a one trick pony . Not just lithium ? Strange thing to say I thought with the biggest undeveloped lithium deposit on planet on your plate. As I said it was deleted out of the interview . Why?
For those that got in near the top I can't see $1.50 being a "good outcome for it's shareholders." Not for the opportunities lost elsewhere and the stress many have been through . I wonder if there are those who were opposed to the idea of a TO would now welcome it just have this over with . But not at $1.50 .
Currently drilling is also interesting . Adding value for a potential buyer perhaps ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

M.Bison

Regular
I picked up on this as well when they used it in a previous announcement and came to the same conclusion as you . Have never thought for 1 second AVZ would go on to develop this project . Of course they have to play the game . Talk up future plans blah blah blah . In my opinion Nigel "might" have flipped up in his last interview . I cant remember exactly what he said word for word because it was deleted out very shortly after the interview was released on You tube . He said something along the lines he didn't want AVZ to be a one trick pony . Not just lithium ? Strange thing to say I thought with the biggest undeveloped lithium deposit on planet on your plate. As I said it was deleted out of the interview . Why?
For those that got in near the top I can't see $1.50 being a "good outcome for it's shareholders." Not for the opportunities lost elsewhere and the stress many have been through . I wonder if there are those who were opposed to the idea of a TO would now welcome it just have this over with . But not at $1.50 .
Currently drilling is also interesting . Adding value for a potential buyer perhaps ?
Aren’t we just quoting half of that sentence, stopping before a comma? “Resulting in the reinstatement of trading of its securities”. Doesn’t scream takeover to me. Don’t get me wrong, I want out of this. Just can’t see that happening.
It’s going to take some truly astounding series of positive announcements to get this to open green. Even if holders don’t want out completely, you can guarantee a good chunk are going to want to reduce their exposure.
For those willing to wait years then sure, you might see $1-$3.

• Thinking

Winenut

Go AVZ!

Not wanting to be a "one trick pony"

I see that as Nige wanting absolutely to progress Manono and then utilise the incredible cashflow that generates to further invest and diversify into other additional projects ultimately becoming a massive global diversified miner along the lines of RIO, BHP etc etc

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
I want AVZ to go mining. I’m hopeful that the BFS puts a nice floor under the SP to help frame such TO conversations.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20
Howdy Wombat, I don't know where Nigel is presently or exactly what he is told or by whom in the DRC. I would not suggest anyone consider information on these threads as fact, far too strong a word. The AVZ story has been all over the shop IMO so hard to take comfort in any information being accurate or at best, only for a short time. Persons on the ground I connected with a few months ago (that are not part of AVZ's team or advisors) do paint a picture of what is going on and that leads to filling in some gaps with conjecture or assumptions. That's the best I can do while we wait for offical or formal information. Cheers The Fox 🦊
Thank you for your reply Fox . You didn't answer my question re : "Cong has agreed not to claim any ownership percentage of AVZ so all in the clear there around ownership issues, although Cong still has his hand out, but we can sort that out don’t worry."
It's quite conclusive and a direct statement to make I would have thought . Nothing grey about it .

I had hoped you had a contact on the inside . Wasn't sure . Thanks for clearing that up . So I'm guessing it's someone that posts on others sites . Maybe poster by the name of , Solo . There are a few others I read on the TWATTER . I can't remember their names . I'm probably hearing the same shit you are . I take most of it with less than a grain of salt .
Not having a go at you here Fox . I think your hearts in the right place . I just like to sift through the rumble and find the truth . Some call it being a Bully . They can get stuffed lol .

• Wow

wombat74

Top 20
The next line after 'confident of a positive outcome for its shareholders' is 'resulting in a reinstatement of trading in its securities'

We wouldn't need to trade again if we are being taken over

I think a scenario where we sell part of the deposit is possible. If we could get enough cash to fund the mine and processing plant development costs without needing to take on debt by selling off a majority holding of northern CDL to another entity that would be a positive move by the company imo.

A joint venture where we retain a minority holding of northern CDL free carried would be ideal. That way we can concentrate on building the RD mine (the current drilling is for initial pit design in previously flooded area as well as expanding resource) and the processing plants while someone else does the drilling for northern CDL and we still get a cut of profits from that deposit long term without having to pay costs.

This would result in no payback period with dividends sooner and more lithium being dug up and processed in Manono before 2030 which would be the best outcome for all stakeholders.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Roon

Regular
Hello all - have come over to the dark side to see what all the fuss is about!

Reactions: 11 users

The Fox

Regular
Thank you for your reply Fox . You didn't answer my question re : "Cong has agreed not to claim any ownership percentage of AVZ so all in the clear there around ownership issues, although Cong still has his hand out, but we can sort that out don’t worry."
It's quite conclusive and a direct statement to make I would have thought . Nothing grey about it .

I had hoped you had a contact on the inside . Wasn't sure . Thanks for clearing that up . So I'm guessing it's someone that posts on others sites . Maybe poster by the name of , Solo . There are a few others I read on the TWATTER . I can't remember their names . I'm probably hearing the same shit you are . I take most of it with less than a grain of salt .
Not having a go at you here Fox . I think your hearts in the right place . I just like to sift through the rumble and find the truth . Some call it being a Bully . They can get stuffed lol .
Twitter has been helpful to locate and pinpoint journalists in the DRC and speak to some of them. All the Cominiere, AVZ, Dathcom, Simon Cong articles when written or published have attached the authors name and the ones that have provided the most information in articles are good ones to target for a conversation.

Some attend the courts on a regular basis and even if a case is being heard behind closed doors some information is picked up after the court session is finished for the day. Quality journalists have their contacts in the courts of course. I avoid journalists that just cut and paste others work, waste of time.

I looked just now at Solo on Twitter, read a dozen or more posts. I agree with some of his comments, yet I don’t know him/her nor have I ever had a conversation with him/her, and I’m certainly not Solo if that’s what you were thinking.

My close connections picked up on Twitter use their real name and their position or profession in the DRC can be verified outside of Twitter. Based on my response here, I shall let you draw your own conclusions with regard to your Cong question. Remember I said just doing the best to form a picture with regard to current status of things. Hopefully AVZ have turned the corner and are on the home straight now.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

BEISHA

Top 20
That tennis trophy side story was funny as shit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nevertheless kudos for winning the U14 title you must have been pretty damn good!

I played tennis on the grass courts at Applecross once back in the day and then dragged a net up and down the Swan catching prawns which were then promptly dumped into a huge pot of boiling water on a fire right near the rivers edge and then consumed

Unbelievable.....would have been around mid-late 70's

Had to wear sandshoes in the river when dragging for the prawns so you didn't get spiked accidently by the Cobblers
Aagh, so you are another perth lad hey ?

Not wishing to brag brother, but i was the junior state champion from 10 - 18yrs.

Top 10 in Australia too.........used to school Todd Woodbridge and Jason Stoltenburg whilst i was at it.

I was 16yrs when i played mens A grade ..............i also got to play against Stefan Edberg and Yannick Noah when the WA open was played at Kings Park as a feeder to the Australian Open when it was played on grass.........

Oh those were the days..........:unsure:

Now i am just a fat slob playing golf............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom