AVZ Discussion 2022

Frank

Top 20
Fyi, fwiw, not AVZ / Lithium / White Gold related, but definitely a "Win - Win" DRC Mining related story worth a look imo, and what can be achieved by "Africa's largest gold mine" and how it continues to invest in the DRC, while also seeking to expand it's operation as well as the many benefits Barrick / Bristow bring with it, as

From 2009 to date, Kibali has invested nearly USD 4 billion in the DRC

Investments by Kibali Gold Mine, a mining company specializing in the exploitation of gold in the North-East of the country, have reached 4 billion US dollars since its establishment in the DRC.

This is the president and CEO of Barrick, Mark Bristow, who made it known during a press conference Thursday, March 24 in Kinshasa.

It is in the form of royalties, taxes, permits, infrastructure and community development, salaries and payment to local suppliers and contractors that these investments have been made, argued Mark Bristow.

"Barrick continues to invest in the DRC, not only developing the many new growth opportunities that extend the life of Kibali, but also seeking new exploration sites, as well as other opportunities across the country, as we seek our next world-class discovery," said Mark Bristow.

For Cyrille Mutombo, Country Director of Kibali Gold Mine: "this figure reflects the 12 years in which we had to work and this work which materialized not only by the taxes that we presented, but also in the achievements on the ground".

"The sub-contractors have been paid. That's something we're really proud of."

1648207863521.png

Regarding the performance of the Kibali plant, Mark Bristow said that "Africa's largest gold mine" has started the year 2022 well and is on track to match its 2021 production this year.

Last year, the mine again replaced mining-depleted reserves and its prolific trend of KZ ore bodies continues to present opportunities for surface and underground plant development, Bristow said.

Kibali also achieved key results during the third quarter. These results include the signing of terms of reference with surrounding communities to formalize their role in identifying and overseeing mine investment in community development projects.

In terms of infrastructure, another section of the road from Durba to Watsa in Haut-Uélé has been completed and the resettlement of the villages of Kalimwa-Ikamwa and Pamao has started with the first group of people moving into the new homes.

With regard to the health and safety of its Kibali agents, the president and general manager of Barrick maintained that during this first quarter of 2022, no accident with loss of position was recorded and the fight programs against malaria and HIV continue to reduce the rate of infection.

Contributing to wildlife conservation efforts in Garamba National Park, Barrick and African Park plan to reintroduce approximately 50 white rhinos to the park to create a new population group essential to the long-term plan to protect this species, concluded Mark Bristow.

Reactions: 6 users

Frank

Top 20
Will there be a late afternoon push?

It seems there's selling pressure at the moment but FOMO could hit with investers wanting to get in before the serious announcements start to drop

$1.20 $1.20 $1.20 ......if I say it enough it will happen

C'MON!!

View attachment 3140

Speaking of FOMO Wino, If SBS Keep this up there will be a Stampede of New Shareholders lining up for some AVZ action

*To remind, Last nights Report where We / AVZ hit top spot (y)

AVZ on SBS.png

AVZ on SBS On Demand.png

*To Tonight where AVZ got another glowing mention, as "AVZ Up nearly 25% in 1st Week in ASX / S&P 200" (y)

AVZ on SBS (2).png

www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/sbs-world-news

"On The Money" sums it up perfectly imo :love: (y) :)

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono Bro

Cheers

Frank
:cool:

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20
Belgian economic mission to Kinshasa: Paluku presents the DRC as a solution country

1648267959425.png

He knows how to harangue when it comes to selling the image of his country.

In front of Belgian economic operators, Julien Paluku presented Thursday in Kinshasa the investment opportunities offered by the DRC.

At the end of the Belgian economic and trade mission to the DRC on Thursday, the Minister of Industry detailed the master plan for the industrialization of Congo amounting to 58.4 billion US dollars to develop the various infrastructures.

He called on Belgian businessmen to come and invest in a country with which they are historically linked.

“I am very happy to have participated in this closing (…) I know that Belgium has been a major partner for years and the appeal that I can make is to ask them to come back so that 'together we can build this beautiful country that Belgium saw born 60 years ago,' he explained to the press.

According to the former governor of North Kivu, the results of the Bloomberg study have shown that currently the DRC is the best destination in the world for the manufacture and production of electric batteries.

“The opportunities are numerous in all sectors (agricultural, road, railway, energy, Special Economic Zone, etc.).

Now that we are on the way to our industrialization, we need partners.

I had to present the results of a Bloomberg study which showed that as we are in the ecological and energy transition, the best destination in the world today in terms of battery manufacturing is the DRC because when you invest there, you earn three times more than in China and the United States”, commented Julien Paluku.

The Belgian economic and commercial mission in the DRC aims to consolidate, according to the Belgian ambassador in Kinshasa Jo Indekeu, the ties of cooperation between the two countries.

King-Julien.jpg

#Patience ! .jpg

King Julien..jpg

Tanzania-Burundi-DRC-Rwanda Rail Corridor Project, USD 3.3 billion already mobilized (AfDB)

The Africa Investment Forum 2021 is already bearing fruit.

Indeed, the African Development Bank (AfDB) has announced that it has received 3.3 billion US dollars (USD) in commitments from investors out of a total of 8.77 billion USD for the rail corridor project.

This communication route will link Dar-es-Salaam (Tanzania) to Bujumbura (Burundi) and Kinshasa (DRC), with a planned extension to Kigali (Rwanda).

According to the AfDB, a total of 8.77 billion USD had been pledged by donors for the benefit of East Africa, on the occasion of the African Investment Forum 2021.

Recently, the Africa Investment Forum had just held boardrooms to showcase bankable projects worth US$50 billion.

It should be noted that the said corridor is part of the standard gauge railway projects that Tanzania would like to develop to connect its ports, in particular that of Dar-es-Salaam, to the landlocked areas of its hinterland.

The countries targeted are Burundi, DR-Congo, Zambia, Rwanda and Uganda.

The DRC will also be able to take advantage of it to boost its economy through the smooth movement of people and goods in the countries that are part of this rail network.

1648268191740.png

Reactions: 9 users

Remark

Top 20
Belgian economic mission to Kinshasa: Paluku presents the DRC as a solution country

View attachment 3183

He knows how to harangue when it comes to selling the image of his country.

In front of Belgian economic operators, Julien Paluku presented Thursday in Kinshasa the investment opportunities offered by the DRC.

At the end of the Belgian economic and trade mission to the DRC on Thursday, the Minister of Industry detailed the master plan for the industrialization of Congo amounting to 58.4 billion US dollars to develop the various infrastructures.

He called on Belgian businessmen to come and invest in a country with which they are historically linked.

“I am very happy to have participated in this closing (…) I know that Belgium has been a major partner for years and the appeal that I can make is to ask them to come back so that 'together we can build this beautiful country that Belgium saw born 60 years ago,' he explained to the press.

According to the former governor of North Kivu, the results of the Bloomberg study have shown that currently the DRC is the best destination in the world for the manufacture and production of electric batteries.

“The opportunities are numerous in all sectors (agricultural, road, railway, energy, Special Economic Zone, etc.).

Now that we are on the way to our industrialization, we need partners.

I had to present the results of a Bloomberg study which showed that as we are in the ecological and energy transition, the best destination in the world today in terms of battery manufacturing is the DRC because when you invest there, you earn three times more than in China and the United States”, commented Julien Paluku.

The Belgian economic and commercial mission in the DRC aims to consolidate, according to the Belgian ambassador in Kinshasa Jo Indekeu, the ties of cooperation between the two countries.

View attachment 3188

View attachment 3184

View attachment 3187

Tanzania-Burundi-DRC-Rwanda Rail Corridor Project, USD 3.3 billion already mobilized (AfDB)

The Africa Investment Forum 2021 is already bearing fruit.

Indeed, the African Development Bank (AfDB) has announced that it has received 3.3 billion US dollars (USD) in commitments from investors out of a total of 8.77 billion USD for the rail corridor project.

This communication route will link Dar-es-Salaam (Tanzania) to Bujumbura (Burundi) and Kinshasa (DRC), with a planned extension to Kigali (Rwanda).

According to the AfDB, a total of 8.77 billion USD had been pledged by donors for the benefit of East Africa, on the occasion of the African Investment Forum 2021.

Recently, the Africa Investment Forum had just held boardrooms to showcase bankable projects worth US$50 billion.

It should be noted that the said corridor is part of the standard gauge railway projects that Tanzania would like to develop to connect its ports, in particular that of Dar-es-Salaam, to the landlocked areas of its hinterland.

The countries targeted are Burundi, DR-Congo, Zambia, Rwanda and Uganda.

The DRC will also be able to take advantage of it to boost its economy through the smooth movement of people and goods in the countries that are part of this rail network.

View attachment 3189

Thanks for taking the time post your research Frank. Much appreciated.(y)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20
Thanks for taking the time post your research Frank. Much appreciated.(y)

Your welcome my friend, after all, "Sharing is Caring" right (y) plus knowledge is Power which helps make better decisions ( Hopefully ) :unsure:

Check out what CAT is looking at, as

China’s electric car battery champion is mostly welcome in US

Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd., the world’s biggest manufacturer of electric-vehicle batteries, is scouting sites for a new $5 billion battery plant in North America, my colleagues and I reported last week.

It’s considering locations in Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. for an 80 gigawatt-hour plant that would supply Tesla as well as other EV makers, according to people familiar with the project.
blank.gif

The conventional wisdom is that China, with its state-led economic planning, has outflanked the U.S. in a global chess game that has put the latter’s economic, energy and national security at risk.

CATL, which has risen rapidly to become the global battery leader with the help of state backing, is the poster child for that strategy. So how are people in the U.S. battery world reacting to its potential arrival?

Jim Greenberger, the executive director of NAATBatt International, a trade group that advocates for battery development and manufacturing in the U.S., said he has no objection to a CATL plant in North America, so long as the company brings battery manufacturing technology and know-how to the U.S., not just low-wage assembly jobs.

The U.S. should mimic China’s joint ventures with western businesses.

“The principle would be largely the same: we’ll give you market access, and in exchange, you have to transfer tech to us and our people,” he said.

“That plants the seeds for future economic development that could be quite valuable.”

Battery cell design, manufacturing equipment, and factory operations all are areas where, as Greenberger sees it, the U.S. could use some tutoring.

Jeff Chamberlain is the chief executive officer of Volta Energy Technologies, a venture capital firm spun out of Argonne National Laboratory to invest in energy storage. He describes Volta’s mission as “the free-market capitalist democratic approach to what the Chinese are doing.”

Chamberlain is in favor of CATL putting stakes in the ground in the U.S., for several reasons.

First, the U.S. is going to face a supply-chain crunch on batteries, so it needs all the cells it can get. Second, building those cells here will create tens of thousands of jobs.

Third, the more batteries the U.S. produces domestically, the faster it will speed EV adoption and grow a domestic supply chain — in other words, the pie will get bigger.

“The whole thing about this energy transition, this decarbonization that’s happening,” Chamberlain told me, “is how quickly can we scale and how quickly can we integrate the supply chain?

We want CATL here because it enables both.”

As a VC, Chamberlain offers one small caveat for startups who might want to work with CATL: their IP could filter back to China, so they’ll need to be vigilant about protection.

Next, I sought a small battery startup — would it be concerned about being undercut by CATL, whose massive scale and cost competitiveness makes even its fellow cell-making giants sweat?

Chaitanya Sharma is a former Tesla engineer who’s now the CEO of iM3NY, a startup building a battery plant on a former IBM campus in Endicott, New York.

The company aims to commercialize a chemistry patented by Stanley Whittingham, who won the Nobel prize in 2019 for the development of lithium-ion batteries.

Sharma said he was happy when he read the news about CATL.

His company makes prismatic, or rectangular-shaped, batteries that are less common in the U.S. than the cylindrical cells Tesla uses, or the pouch cells in GM’s Ultium batteries.

As a result, he’s struggled to find a supplier to make rectangular-shaped cans and lids to house his cells.

CATL also makes prismatic cells.

Sharma said piggybacking on a giant buyer could make it easier and cheaper for his company to get what it needs.

And battery demand is so strong right now, from many different industries, that he’s not worried about being squashed by bigger players.

“There’s enough volume here for every different kind of manufacturer,” Sharma told me.

“I’m excited about CATL coming and driving the raw material supply chain costs down, so we will be welcoming them.”

Felix+Joe.jpg

Morgan Stanley flags EV demand destruction as lithium price soars

Electric vehicle battery makers will need to raise prices by almost 25% due to soaring lithium carbonate prices, leading to crimped margins and possibly demand destruction, according to Morgan Stanley.
blank.gif

Chinese prices for lithium carbonate, the key ingredient in many batteries, have jumped five fold over the past year, analysts including Jack Lu said in a note.

The pass-through of costs could push EV manufacturers to raise prices by as much as 15% and may hit demand, they said in the note dated March 24.

“Historically, the battery price cost curve had been declining at a pace of 3% to 7% annually for so many years in a row it almost seemed inevitable,” the analysts said.

“But molecules don’t play by the same rules as Moore’s Law.

The world has changed, and along with it is a new paradigm of input costs.”

Lithium carbonate prices have surged as demand from car-makers has outstripped supply, highlighting how the energy transition may be slowed by a shortage of materials and refining capacity.

China’s top lithium producers — Ganfeng Lithium Co. and Tianqi Lithium Corp. — reported a surge in preliminary revenue in the first two months of the year on the back of the rally.

Most battery manufacturers in China — which dominates the lithium-ion battery industry — buy the material on the spot market, rather than through long-term contracts, Morgan Stanley said.

However, big companies like Contemporary Amperex Technology Co Ltd. may be able to get some discount, it said.

Despite the rising prices, Morgan Stanley is overweight on Tesla Inc., with a price target of $1,300 per share, about 30% higher than its current level.

There’s scope for “profound” long-term changes in the battery industry, and Tesla’s scale, technology and vertical integration make it best placed to address the challenges relative to other EV manufacturers, it said.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

AVZ # ! #.jpg

Africa !.jpg

tesla-game-up-source-tesla.jpg

The-future-is-Electric.png

Mining.png

Right Place - Right Time for AVZ Manono CAT Lithium atm(y)

Just gotta get that Massive Monster of a Deposit a ML to get the Ball Rolling asap :rolleyes:

Food for thought on the Long and Winding Road to Mining Manono as soon as we get the Go from Felix Bro :unsure:

GLTA-AVZH's

Fingers 🤞

Frank

Reactions: 10 users
I hope we see some news like the below soon announced in the DRC. Something has to happen after last year's forum? Surely!

I wonder if CATL and Felix talked about a plant in Africa when they chatted a few weeks ago?

CATL is considering building a $5 billion plant in North America to meet increased demand for EV batteries from Tesla and other clients, Bloomberg reported on March 19, citing people familiar with the matter. Aiming to employ as many as 10,000 workers, the new plant hopes to produce 80 gigawatt-hours (GWh) of battery power per year at full capacity, more than half of the company’s current capacity, according to the report. The Chinese EV battery giant is currently weighing several locations in Mexico, US, and Canada. [Bloomberg]

Reactions: 5 users

John25

Regular
Hey fellas ...finally made it over to da Dark Side :)....still trying to figure out @Remark clues before he / she :) was modded

• Haha

John25

Regular
Your welcome my friend, after all, "Sharing is Caring" right (y) plus knowledge is Power which helps make better decisions ( Hopefully ) :unsure:

Check out what CAT is looking at, as

China’s electric car battery champion is mostly welcome in US

Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd., the world’s biggest manufacturer of electric-vehicle batteries, is scouting sites for a new $5 billion battery plant in North America, my colleagues and I reported last week.

It’s considering locations in Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. for an 80 gigawatt-hour plant that would supply Tesla as well as other EV makers, according to people familiar with the project.
blank.gif

The conventional wisdom is that China, with its state-led economic planning, has outflanked the U.S. in a global chess game that has put the latter’s economic, energy and national security at risk.

CATL, which has risen rapidly to become the global battery leader with the help of state backing, is the poster child for that strategy. So how are people in the U.S. battery world reacting to its potential arrival?

Jim Greenberger, the executive director of NAATBatt International, a trade group that advocates for battery development and manufacturing in the U.S., said he has no objection to a CATL plant in North America, so long as the company brings battery manufacturing technology and know-how to the U.S., not just low-wage assembly jobs.

The U.S. should mimic China’s joint ventures with western businesses.

“The principle would be largely the same: we’ll give you market access, and in exchange, you have to transfer tech to us and our people,” he said.

“That plants the seeds for future economic development that could be quite valuable.”

Battery cell design, manufacturing equipment, and factory operations all are areas where, as Greenberger sees it, the U.S. could use some tutoring.

Jeff Chamberlain is the chief executive officer of Volta Energy Technologies, a venture capital firm spun out of Argonne National Laboratory to invest in energy storage. He describes Volta’s mission as “the free-market capitalist democratic approach to what the Chinese are doing.”

Chamberlain is in favor of CATL putting stakes in the ground in the U.S., for several reasons.

First, the U.S. is going to face a supply-chain crunch on batteries, so it needs all the cells it can get. Second, building those cells here will create tens of thousands of jobs.

Third, the more batteries the U.S. produces domestically, the faster it will speed EV adoption and grow a domestic supply chain — in other words, the pie will get bigger.

“The whole thing about this energy transition, this decarbonization that’s happening,” Chamberlain told me, “is how quickly can we scale and how quickly can we integrate the supply chain?

We want CATL here because it enables both.”

As a VC, Chamberlain offers one small caveat for startups who might want to work with CATL: their IP could filter back to China, so they’ll need to be vigilant about protection.

Next, I sought a small battery startup — would it be concerned about being undercut by CATL, whose massive scale and cost competitiveness makes even its fellow cell-making giants sweat?

Chaitanya Sharma is a former Tesla engineer who’s now the CEO of iM3NY, a startup building a battery plant on a former IBM campus in Endicott, New York.

The company aims to commercialize a chemistry patented by Stanley Whittingham, who won the Nobel prize in 2019 for the development of lithium-ion batteries.

Sharma said he was happy when he read the news about CATL.

His company makes prismatic, or rectangular-shaped, batteries that are less common in the U.S. than the cylindrical cells Tesla uses, or the pouch cells in GM’s Ultium batteries.

As a result, he’s struggled to find a supplier to make rectangular-shaped cans and lids to house his cells.

CATL also makes prismatic cells.

Sharma said piggybacking on a giant buyer could make it easier and cheaper for his company to get what it needs.

And battery demand is so strong right now, from many different industries, that he’s not worried about being squashed by bigger players.

“There’s enough volume here for every different kind of manufacturer,” Sharma told me.

“I’m excited about CATL coming and driving the raw material supply chain costs down, so we will be welcoming them.”

View attachment 3199

Morgan Stanley flags EV demand destruction as lithium price soars

Electric vehicle battery makers will need to raise prices by almost 25% due to soaring lithium carbonate prices, leading to crimped margins and possibly demand destruction, according to Morgan Stanley.
blank.gif

Chinese prices for lithium carbonate, the key ingredient in many batteries, have jumped five fold over the past year, analysts including Jack Lu said in a note.

The pass-through of costs could push EV manufacturers to raise prices by as much as 15% and may hit demand, they said in the note dated March 24.

“Historically, the battery price cost curve had been declining at a pace of 3% to 7% annually for so many years in a row it almost seemed inevitable,” the analysts said.

“But molecules don’t play by the same rules as Moore’s Law.

The world has changed, and along with it is a new paradigm of input costs.”

Lithium carbonate prices have surged as demand from car-makers has outstripped supply, highlighting how the energy transition may be slowed by a shortage of materials and refining capacity.

China’s top lithium producers — Ganfeng Lithium Co. and Tianqi Lithium Corp. — reported a surge in preliminary revenue in the first two months of the year on the back of the rally.

Most battery manufacturers in China — which dominates the lithium-ion battery industry — buy the material on the spot market, rather than through long-term contracts, Morgan Stanley said.

However, big companies like Contemporary Amperex Technology Co Ltd. may be able to get some discount, it said.

Despite the rising prices, Morgan Stanley is overweight on Tesla Inc., with a price target of $1,300 per share, about 30% higher than its current level.

There’s scope for “profound” long-term changes in the battery industry, and Tesla’s scale, technology and vertical integration make it best placed to address the challenges relative to other EV manufacturers, it said.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

View attachment 3202

View attachment 3201

View attachment 3204

View attachment 3205

View attachment 3203
Right Place - Right Time for AVZ Manono CAT Lithium atm(y)

Just gotta get that Massive Monster of a Deposit a ML to get the Ball Rolling asap :rolleyes:

Food for thought on the Long and Winding Road to Mining Manono as soon as we get the Go from Felix Bro :unsure:

GLTA-AVZH's

Fingers 🤞

Frank
Home alone Frank this w/e give a little time to read your posts :) I’ll need every second

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

John25

Regular
I
Home alone Frank this w/e give a little time to read your posts :) I’ll need every second
its John25 ,Frank ... don’t know where this 1960 observer has come from ... I’m TOTALLY useless at these things :)

• Haha

Remark

Top 20
I

its John25 ,Frank ... don’t know where this 1960 observer has come from ... I’m TOTALLY useless at these things :)
Welcome aboard John😁

John25

Regular
  • Love

JAG

Top 20
What a great day yesterday catching up with some of the faithful. Drinks (plenty of them) great food and sensational company just chewing the fat.(y)
Oh and the views were amazing :cool:

Fletch, we also discussed 888 ;)

Looking forward to the $1:50 and $2:00 drinks.😃
happy hour drinking GIF

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

JAG

Top 20
1648338596772.png

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Fletch77

Regular
What a great day yesterday catching up with some of the faithful. Drinks (plenty of them) great food and sensational company just chewing the fat.(y)
Oh and the views were amazing :cool:

Fletch, we also discussed 888 ;)

Looking forward to the $1:50 and $2:00 drinks.😃
happy hour drinking GIF
That’s great to hear Jag, I’m sure you guys had an awesome day !!

I hope we can work something out to get a heap of you up here 🏝🍾🍾🥂🥂

• Fire
  • Love

Goat

Regular
oooooohhhh.. what a week! It wasn't weak!
Long time holder from 2017 where I went balls deep on the advice of some smart fellas from my day working at Barclays & UBS.
Held thru the scream into the 30s and back down to the 3/4c range where there was talk of take overs at 10c...
I must admit, I was a serious pumper on the HC, twitter and Bookface. I've believed in this from day dot..
AVZ is the next big oil... if you can hold our market cap will be $10B by year end.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Costi

Couldn’t make the breakwater $1 party due to being at work but let’s hope I can make the $2 one that shouldn’t be too far away ;)

• Fire

LOCKY82

Regular
Just signed up, seems like a lot less bullshit than the old hot crapper!
Pinching myself on this investment and only the start of it!! Looking forward to the announcements soon!! 🚀 🚀 🚀

• Fire

BEISHA

Top 20
Hi All

Apparantly the sentence...." I am here to make money not talk about a mad bully who deserves a bullet in his smug face ( Putin )

I have said alot worse !!!

Tipped the edge.......:eek:

Probably for the best, I was too invested in HC and now i dont have to put up with FP and watch my Ps and Qs.....🙏

Who wants the goss on Flash Point ? aka Max Action, Whispers or Norbert......lol

Jag.......throw me some girlys, i need consoling lol

🤣😂:mad:(y)

1648376276402.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Hi All

Apparantly the sentence...." I am here to make money not talk about a mad bully who deserves a bullet in his smug face ( Putin )

Probably for the best, I was too invested in HC and now i dont have to put up with FP and watch my Ps and Qs.....🙏

Who wants the goss on Flash Point ? aka Max Action, Whispers or Norbert......lol

View attachment 3240
There's a "girl" for you mate 🤣
Well done on being released from HC you're now a free man 🙌

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220327-233413_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220327-233413_Twitter.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Remark

Top 20
Hi All

View attachment 3240

I can beat that Beisha, I have 2 permanent & 1 temporary suspensions:ROFLMAO:

1648380167936.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom