AVZ Discussion 2022

BEISHA

Top 20
So pumped if this is the final piece of the puzzle. Good luck all! Sam

Thanks Sam, Excellent Sleuthing, Keep up the great work and welcome to TSE btw,

View attachment 3276

*To remind,

DP World and the Democratic Republic of Congo lay first stone to mark the start of construction of Banana Port

Banana Port will be a modern, world class port and undoubtedly a game changer for the DRC.

Once complete, it will attract more direct calls from larger vessels travelling from Asia and Europe, greatly enhancing the country’s access to international markets and global supply chains.

We thank President Tshisekedi and his Government for partnering with DP World to develop Banana Port.

The port is being developed at Banana, along the country’s 37km coastline on the Atlantic Ocean in Kongo Central province and following its completion, will provide significant cost and time savings that will boost the country’s trade.

View attachment 3277

www.dpworld.com/news/releases/dp-world-and-drc-lay-first-stone-to-mark-the-start-of-construction-of-banana-port/

View attachment 3281

View attachment 3285

View attachment 3282

View attachment 3284

View attachment 3283
big kev.gif

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

JAG

Top 20
Hi All

Whilst i am very relaxed being away from the HYPOCRISY that is HC and NOT having to post multiple times because it was " off topic " and having to deal with fuck wit trolls, i did leave rather abruptly and 340 odd followers will wonder why i am no longer posting, some of them i know very well without meeting them all, very cluey dudes, i posted on about 10 threads, so what i am proposing one and all( that is still a member of HC and hasnt been suspended lol ) , could we pass the word around that I have been suspended permanently and that i wish them all the best and if they want to catch up and follow the charts, then pop over to TSC......;)

You getting my drift ?

I am going to send HC management a filthy email and tell what i think of them and give them the strong impression that their membership is going to take a nice little hit.....;)

View attachment 3286
imo
Season 4 Applause GIF by The Office

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

bloke383

Regular
Hey guys, just stumbled on something potentially huge relating to funding!!

See below video 2.10 minute mark from the very recent Africa Investment Forum.

Now he mentions the '545 million vz lithium mine project in the DRC'. Even closed captions states vz, I'm thinking avz baby!

Also to confirm I found the below article.
Source: https://guardian.ng/news/afdb-secur...african-projects-15-6b-lagos-abidjan-highway/

AfDB secures over $32.8b investment commitment for African projects, $15.6b Lagos-Abidjan highway
By Geoff Iyatse
18 March 2022 | 2:55 am

President of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, yesterday, announced that the bank has secured $42 billion investment deals for bankable projects scattered in different parts of the continent.

Adesina, during the closing session of the African Investment Forum (AIF) virtual boardrooms, said the biggest of the deals is the $15.6 billion Lagos-Abidjan Highway project. The project is designed to connect five major cities in five West African countries – Lagos, Cotonou, Lome, Accra and Abidjan.

An excited Adesina said the project “will support 75 per cent of West African trade, impact the lives of over 500 million people, reduce transport cost across the sub-region by 48 per cent and increase intra-regional trade by 15 to 25 per cent.”

According to him, the highway will also connect landlocked countries to ports. The project will cover approximately 1,028 kilometres and eight border crossings. The corridor’s current alignment traverses all major economic centres of the five participating member countries, starting from Bingerville, a suburb of Abidjan, and ending at Eric Moore, in Lagos.

AIF, a project of AfDB in conjunction with other institutions in Africa, had opened the deals on Tuesday, seeking $58 billion to execute 42 bankable critical projects in Africa, including the proposed highway and a $140 million film academy in Nigeria.

The projects included a $3.3 billion East Africa railway corridor connecting Tanzania, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo as well as linking Rwanda to Tanzania.

Others were $247 million special agro-industrial processing zones in northern Cote d’Ivoire, a $545 million lithium mine project in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which will be critical for the global electric car industry, and women-led businesses worth $5 billion.

Adesina said the success recorded in the three-day negotiation demonstrated that “Africa is bankable.” He added that the sessions were more fascinating because women businesses ranging from small to large were involved.

Recalling that the bank spent about $450 million supporting women enterprises last year, he disclosed that about $500 million will be spent for the same purpose this year.
<end>

So pumped if this is the final piece of the puzzle.

Good luck all!

Sam

So the President of the African Development Bank has announced they have secured US$545/AU$725 million in funding for the AVZ lithium mine in the DRC . This is huge news ! Where is the announcement/trading halt from AVZ ?
Including the US$240/AU$320 million from CATH , that's over $1 billion in funding !

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Hemicuda

Regular
@ Beisha Good to have you here mate👍

Reactions: 7 users

JAG

Top 20
DRC-Zambia: towards the realization of the joint project to manufacture electric batteries from local raw materials 1
Battery Metals DRC Zambia

DRC-ZAMBIA: TOWARDS THE REALIZATION OF THE JOINT PROJECT TO MANUFACTURE ELECTRIC BATTERIES FROM LOCAL RAW MATERIALS​

As part of the cooperation agreement on the establishment of a value chain on the manufacture of batteries and clean energies in the very next few days, between the Congolese President Félix Antoine TSHISEKEDI TSHILOMBO and his Zambian counterpart Hakande HICHILEMA, the Minister of Finance, Nicolas KAZADI, took an active part in a meeting in LUSAKA in Zambia at the Presidential Palace, on Wednesday March 09, 2022.
For this mission, the Minister of Finance was accompanied by the Special Advisor to the Head of State in charge of Investments as well as some experts from the Ministry of Industry.
This was a major meeting to harmonize views between the Republic of Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo, following the DRC-AFRICA Business forum, organized in November 2021 in Kinshasa by the Ministry of Industry. in the presence of several Heads of State and governments, including that of Zambia. As we can guess, this historic moment was an unprecedented opportunity that paved the way for this saving and transforming initiative for the African continent.
Considering that the DRC and Zambia, bordering states, have more than 70% of the world’s cobalt reserves, it is inevitably good that the two states harmonize their development policies and strategies in certain growth sectors, in this case , mining and industry for WIN-WIN cooperation.
Therefore, Zambia and the DRC agree to set up a common governance framework, called the DRC and Zambia Battery Council (DRC-ZAMBIA Battery Council), whose Executive Committee will be composed of two Heads of State. , the Deputy Secretary General of the African Economic Community for the United Nations, as well as the President of Afrexim Bank, as a financial partner. This governance body will have a Technical Committee in charge of monitoring and evaluating the initiative.
Equally, it will also be a question of creating a harmonized legislative and regulatory framework as well as a system of incentives common to the two States, for a business environment conducive to the development of the value chain and the flourishing economic microcosm.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20
, I think something bigger is cooking more than the ML

Ive been saying it all along.....BATTERY PLANT NEXT DOOR:cool::cool:

imo
I think something bigger is cooking more than the ML

Ive been saying it all along.....BATTERY PLANT NEXT DOOR

*Speaking of Batteries, Minerals and what EV's need JAG, I see where

MMG commits to $600m DRC cobalt expansion

Base metals miner MMG has approved a $500-million to $600-million expansion of its Kinsevere operation in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), extending the mine life for at least another 13 years.

The Kinsevere expansion project will bring yearly production of copper cathode up to 80,000 t and between 4,000 t and 6,000 t of cobalt in cobalt hydroxide.

Construction will start in 2022 with first cobalt production is expected in 2023.

First copper cathode production from the sulphide orebody is expected in 2024 with the mine to continue production of copper cathode from the remaining oxide orebody during the construction phase.

No mining took place at Kinsevere in 2021.

The operation produced 48,017 t in the year and relied on lower grade stockpiles and third-party ores to feed the processing plant.

MMG CEO Liangang Li said the expansion project demonstrated MMG’s commitment to investing in Africa and to securing a strong future for the Kinsevere asset.

“We are committed to growing our presence in Africa and following today’s commitment, we are excited to start our next phase of growth in this highly prospective region,” Li said.

“The project adds a significant amount of cobalt production to our portfolio, at a time when demand from electric vehicles and energy storage systems will accelerate and we transition towards a low carbon future,” he added.

The Kinsevere expansion project is one of two key growth projects for MMG, the other being the Chalcomba pit and associated infrastructure at Las Bambas, in Peru.

The miner on Thursday announced it had received regulatory approval for the development, which would underpin a production increase at the mine to about 380,000 t/y to 400,000 t/y of copper in concentrate for the medium term.

The Kinsevere Expansion Project and the Chalcobamba development at Las Bambas are expected to add more than 150,000 t/y of copper equivalent production by 2025 compared with the 2021 production level, an increase of 28%.

Total capital expenditure for 2022 is expected to be between $700-million and $800-million, including about $400-million to $500-million attributable to Las Bambas and $180-million to $200-million for the Kinsevere expansion project.

DRC Mines Minister insists on harmonization of relations with tfTPs for deeper bilateral and multilateral relations.

Antoinette N’samba Kalambayi, National Minister of Mines opened the meeting with the Technical and Financial Partners (TFPs) working in the Mining sector within the framework of the Mines Thematic Subgroup.

At the opening of this meeting on Thursday, February 24, 2022, the Minister of Mines Antoinette N’SAMBA KALAMBAYI insisted on the harmonization of relations with tfTPs for the intensification of bilateral and multilateral relations.

She cited some challenges including the updating of geological and mining knowledge, the establishment of Artisanal Exploitation Zones, the fight against fraud with the industrial gold belt in eastern DRC, the operationalization of FOMIN, the capacity building of Ministry of Mines agents, the digital transformation of the Ministry of Mines, the signing of mining and quarry titles revocation orders, etc

The Ambassador of CANADA to the DRC, Benoît Pierre Laramée, Leader of the TFPs who participated in the meeting of the TFPs with Her Excellency the Minister of Mines, delivered a word of circumstance.

In his words, the Ambassador insisted on a shared vision and took up some challenges. These include the fight against mining fraud, the violation of human rights, the improvement of the business climate, good governance.

It should be noted that the meeting began with the welcome of the Coordinator of the CTCPM, Mr. MABOLIA Yenga, who for his part had circumscribed the framework of the meeting.

The workshop work was divided into the following three groups:

• Traceability
  • Governance and Transparency
  • Community development.
The SG at the mines said in his words that the exchanges will continue.

The final report will be validated by the Minister of Mines on March 28, 2023.

Made in Africa !.jpg

Metals most impacted by new technology.png

Mining.png

Don't forget the Rin Tin Tin or Tantalum Bro (y)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20
1648429348929.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Wow that coming directly from the president of the African development banks!! Fantastic find!!
🚀 👨‍🚀

Thaz

Regular
DRC-Zambia: towards the realization of the joint project to manufacture electric batteries from local raw materials 1
Battery Metals DRC Zambia

DRC-ZAMBIA: TOWARDS THE REALIZATION OF THE JOINT PROJECT TO MANUFACTURE ELECTRIC BATTERIES FROM LOCAL RAW MATERIALS​

As part of the cooperation agreement on the establishment of a value chain on the manufacture of batteries and clean energies in the very next few days, between the Congolese President Félix Antoine TSHISEKEDI TSHILOMBO and his Zambian counterpart Hakande HICHILEMA, the Minister of Finance, Nicolas KAZADI, took an active part in a meeting in LUSAKA in Zambia at the Presidential Palace, on Wednesday March 09, 2022.
For this mission, the Minister of Finance was accompanied by the Special Advisor to the Head of State in charge of Investments as well as some experts from the Ministry of Industry.

Considering that the DRC and Zambia, bordering states, have more than 70% of the world’s cobalt reserves, it is inevitably good that the two states harmonize their development policies and strategies in certain growth sectors, in this case , mining and industry for WIN-WIN cooperation.

Equally, it will also be a question of creating a harmonized legislative and regulatory framework as well as a system of incentives common to the two States, for a business environment conducive to the development of the value chain and the flourishing economic microcosm.
I found the original photo.. they photoshopped NF out.

1648430240083.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Doc

Master of Quan
This forum like AVZ is heating up!!!
1648430458656.gif

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
Happy to assist fellas!

Almost fell off my chair when I thought I heard vz, I was like, did I hear avz or vz, what other lithium mines are in the drc asking for 545 million haha

Good times baby!!

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
So the President of the African Development Bank has announced they have secured US$545/AU$725 million in funding for the AVZ lithium mine in the DRC . This is huge news ! Where is the announcement/trading halt from AVZ ?
Including the US$240/AU$320 million from CATH , that's over $1 billion in funding !
Must be that new "vz" company haha

So pumped if this is the final piece of the puzzle. Good luck all! Sam

Thanks Sam, Excellent Sleuthing, Keep up the great work and welcome to TSE btw,

View attachment 3276

*To remind,

DP World and the Democratic Republic of Congo lay first stone to mark the start of construction of Banana Port

Banana Port will be a modern, world class port and undoubtedly a game changer for the DRC.

Once complete, it will attract more direct calls from larger vessels travelling from Asia and Europe, greatly enhancing the country’s access to international markets and global supply chains.

We thank President Tshisekedi and his Government for partnering with DP World to develop Banana Port.

The port is being developed at Banana, along the country’s 37km coastline on the Atlantic Ocean in Kongo Central province and following its completion, will provide significant cost and time savings that will boost the country’s trade.

View attachment 3277

www.dpworld.com/news/releases/dp-world-and-drc-lay-first-stone-to-mark-the-start-of-construction-of-banana-port/

View attachment 3281

View attachment 3285

View attachment 3282

View attachment 3284

View attachment 3283
Thanks Frank, really appreciate your own research efforts both on HC and here.

I've been wondering what has been going on regarding ML and so decided to do some deep diving and stumbled on that video.

Really hoping it is what we think it is. There isn't much media around it so if anyone finds anything else, please share!

Cheers

Sam

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Happy to assist fellas!

Almost fell off my chair when I thought I heard vz, I was like, did I hear avz or vz, what other lithium mines are in the drc asking for 545 million haha

Good times baby!!
That AU $725,000,000 approx !!!

• Wow

Freehold

Regular
Beisha looking forward to some insightful and enlightening charts ...

Reactions: 14 users
That AU $725,000,000 approx !!!
That's right. What we don't know is any context in relation to the deal. May well be just referring to the project requirements of 545 million. What portion of that from the bank is unknown, but exciting none the less!!

Reactions: 3 users

JAG

Top 20
1648432013140.png

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Also, that article highlights:

The projects included a $3.3 billion East Africa railway corridor connecting Tanzania, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo as well as linking Rwanda to Tanzania.

Between where and where I'm not sure, will look into it. But! We have product destined for the Port in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania!

Toot Toot!

train GIF

• Fire

CashKing

Regular
Looks like i found a few of me old AVZ mates in here. :cool:

Reactions: 2 users

Freehold

Regular
Correct me if I am wrong here ...but I suspect AVZ mcap may have just surpassed LTR's for the 1st time. Personally surprised its taken so long for this to occur. Always believed it was inevitable at some point. IMHO

At time of writing we have:-

AVZ - 3,452m shares @ 1.19 = $4,108m
LTR - 2,192m shares @ 1.87 = $4,099m

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Top Bottom