AVZ Discussion 2022

The Fox

Regular
Some other publications on this are starting to flow.

Fox is on the run, can’t translate sorry.

Cheers The Fox 🦊

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Rediah

Regular
Some other publications on this are starting to flow.

Fox is on the run, can’t translate sorry.

Cheers The Fox 🦊
Thank you, and the news concludes to this

"While this country has given him everything and offered opportunities for regular good, it is established today, given his legal actions in Lubumbashi mentioned above, that Mr. Cong is one of the people who block the development of the Manono Lithium project and that of the country for the benefit of the interests of a group to be quickly identified and exposed according to the call of the President of the Republic of 2019 against all those who are suspected of maintaining anti-values in the DRC."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Flight996

Regular
Hi Wombie, my take on the announcement is the arbitration process is just the process needed to close off the case. As we know Zinjin is out of the picture. I'd be thinking it will be put to rest in the not to distant future.
Re the boatman comment, to me it appears that this might be to help satisfy some queries from the asx. I also think it might be to send a message to boatman that avz will be taking this further legally.
Let's wait and see.
Cheers,
Nells
Hi Nellie17

You make a valid point about AVZ firing a warning shot across Boatman's bow (pun intended).

Re: As we know Zinjin is out of the picture.

Unfortunately, at this stage Zijin is not out of the picture, although some Twitter posts of unknown provenance and credibility say differently. These same posts tend to be replicated as factual without critical analysis, and eventually become self-evident truths. Instead, we should seek dis-confirmatory evidence about Zijin being gone...and there is plenty.

While we would all like to hear no more from those Chinese rodents, AVZ's latest ASX announcement (09 Sept 2022), also indicates that Zijin is not out of the picture, and AVZ is preparing for arbitral proceedings.

Finally, Zijin's own website says it retains 15% of Dathcom (Ref: https://www.zijinmining.com/news/news-detail.jsp?id=119225), and it owns two exploration tenements totaling 435 sq km along strike from AVZ's Manono minesite. Zijin also signed a cooperation agreement with Cominaire to jointly develop these leases.

Until I see credible evidence to the contrary, I will assume Zijin is still in the picture.

Cheers
F

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Soapy

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

wombat74

Top 20
Hi Wombie, my take on the announcement is the arbitration process is just the process needed to close off the case. As we know Zinjin is out of the picture. I'd be thinking it will be put to rest in the not to distant future.
Re the boatman comment, to me it appears that this might be to help satisfy some queries from the asx. I also think it might be to send a message to boatman that avz will be taking this further legally.
Let's wait and see.
Cheers,
Nells
Thanks for the reply .

Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20
If you were Zijin, would you withdraw so quickly? They are pissed.
This is the 15% we never had, we should trade regardless if this issue is resolved or not.
Zijin wrote on their website in the only article regarding their '15% acquisition of Dathcom' the following:

AVZ described the transfer of equity interest from COMINIERE to Jincheng Mining as “of no force or effect” in a recent announcement. In response, the investment representative from Zijin Mining said that with regard to the transfer, Zijin Mining completed relevant procedures and formalities in strict compliance with Dathcom’s Articles of Association. Faced with obstruction from AVZ, Zijin complied with legal proceedings and settled the matters through litigation. Zijin Mining will actively protect its legitimate rights and interests, and continue to address future issues through litigation and arbitration.

I don't think that Zijin will go back to its shareholders to report: 'Sorry, it was all a misunderstanding between us and COMINIERE, we have given the buggers US$5 million to stay good friends'.

So the Paris exercise is highly likely a face saving exercise.

In Paris a bit like 'yeah, yeah, point taken, let's stay friends' and to Zijin shareholders', 'Sorry we tried our best to screw the DRC and AVZ to steal a bit on your behalf, but weren't successful'. 🤯😵‍💫

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Modo

Obe wan if your here mate just stop playing with Gareth …. Come home & stay home 👍 this is where you belong, stuff those haters over there…

GLTAH
Looks like he lost the bet.

wombat74

Top 20
Reactions: 6 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
I don't think that Zijin will go back to its shareholders to report: 'Sorry, it was all a misunderstanding between us and COMINIERE, we have given the buggers US$5 million to stay good friends'.

So the Paris exercise is highly likely a face saving exercise.

That's how I see it as well. Paris is twofold - a chance for AVZ to bury Zijin's claims once and for all, and an out for Zijin to save face by returning home and saying "We were confident it was a fair try, however the bunker overuled the on-field ref. That's footy."

Reactions: 8 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I went over to the Crapper to get other thoughts on the recent announcement

I came to the conclusion that they don't have a fucken clue at all what is going on

The complete level of ignorance and misunderstanding over there was almost frightening.....:oops:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users

Spikerama

Regular

I came to the conclusion that they don't have a fucken clue at all what is going on

The complete level of ignorance and misunderstanding over there was almost frightening.....:oops:

Their loss Wino. I wouldn't bother if I were you. I haven't stepped back in there since I came here.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Modo

Alot of the claimed “in the know” posters here are coming up with duds.

Did Deboss get a heads up on the arbitration? Or more likely the take on The Boatman??

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

mouseflying

Regular
Anyone here familier with ICC system?
I checked the ICC website, Link as below:

1662796024648.png

Then chose arbitration cases / mining/ pending,
the system shows 3 cases are pending, but none of them are related to AVZI/ jin cheng.

and according to yesterday's announcement - arbitrator already appointed, why our case can't be identified in their system?

• Thinking

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Anyone here familier with ICC system?
I checked the ICC website, Link as below:

View attachment 16303

Then chose arbitration cases / mining/ pending,
the system shows 3 cases are pending, but none of them are related to AVZI/ jin cheng.

and according to yesterday's announcement - arbitrator already appointed, why our case can't be identified in their system?
If it's just a case conference and not a hearing it may not be in the listings, as it won't be open to the public

Reactions: 2 users

Bray

Regular
It also hasn’t technically began therefore won’t be on the system yet

Der Geist

Regular
How’s everyone with the update Friday from AVZ?

Reactions: 4 users

Der Geist

Regular
@wombat74

If the Zijin / Comminere issue has been put to the sword , is there any reason why AVZ cannot make an official announcement ? I mean this is a big f--king deal . What's wrong with management giving us some positive news while we all continue to drown in this river of sh1t . At least throw us a pair of floaties FFS .

How are the floaties feeling?

Reactions: 1 users
How’s everyone with the update Friday from AVZ?
We are very cool with it.

However, most (if not all here) are watching the league, riding our bikes or returning the pineapples to da supermarket.

Catch you around

• Haha

Uglybob

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
@wombat74

If the Zijin / Comminere issue has been put to the sword , is there any reason why AVZ cannot make an official announcement ? I mean this is a big f--king deal . What's wrong with management giving us some positive news while we all continue to drown in this river of sh1t . At least throw us a pair of floaties FFS .

How are the floaties feeling?
The ICC is convening a conference between AVZ and Zigin to determine a timetable for arbitral proceedings to take place (and the execution of the terms of reference) so AVZ may be either bound by confidentiality or not able to pre-empt the ICC.

So it hasn’t ‘officially’ been put to the sword yet…. As far as the terms of reference, the IGF Report would provide the most authoritative points of reference

Last edited:
  • Fire
Top Bottom