AVZ Discussion 2022

Thaz

Regular
What's all this I keep hearing about the horror of taxes if you sell?
I invite you to recalibrate your perspective.

Assuming we've all held for over 12 months.

We get to pay HALF THE TAX that any normal salary earner would have to pay on our income.

Normal tax rate? Nah, lets make it half that. (winkety wink)

And what is the reason for only having to pay half the normal tax, we might ask?
Because slimeball rich and powerful people made it law, cause they wanna keep their moneys.

It's wrong, but we get to get in on that action.

Think of how big your tax bill is going to be on exit?
You're really SAVING that much tax cause of dodgy tax laws that are in our favor.

And imagine if you had to pay tax on unrealised capital gains every financial year......

Focus on what you can be grateful for guys! Like AVZ 14 bagging it from here over the next 4-5 years.

I'm a tax accountant, and my perspective is that paying tax is a good thing - it means you're earning money.

That said, it can be minimised through effective tax planning and structuring.

However, if you don't plan / put a portion of the money aside to pay the tax bill later on - then that's where the horror starts.

Reactions: 6 users

blu

Regular
I'm a tax accountant, and my perspective is that paying tax is a good thing - it means you're earning money.

However, if you don't plan / put a portion of the money aside to pay the tax bill later on - then that's where the horror starts.
totally agree, have been living that horror for the last 2 years ... never again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

blu

Regular
Good morning crew ☀️

How good is it to wake up and see that $1 milestone hit that we have been waiting years for 🍺🍺

With US stocks well up last night, the US futures still strong, and Tesla up 8% let’s hope we can push higher today.

A few in here already know this , but thought I would let the rest of you know as it’s a great group of people in this forum, and it seems the fuckwits weren’t smart enough to find their way here.

I certainly wouldn’t have posted this on hot crapper..

I Captain and live on a 30 meter SuperYacht in North Queensland.

If there are any of you that would be interested in splashing out a bit, and Celebrate with like minded long term AVZ holders, whether we do 4 couples for those that would like to treat the wife, or a boys trip and I organise some of Jags girls to be Stewardess and make us cocktails, send me a personal message on here. I can organise a huge discount, and it would be very affordable for most of you.

I would suggest it’s done before the end of August, as if things go as well as I’m hoping for us, I might be a very long vacation after that 😊

Cheers guys 🥂🥂
@Fletch77 that is mighty generous of you mate 🥂🍻

Reactions: 8 users

bloke383

Regular

G'day Thaz , Is it true that there are almost no options available for sole traders that have no family/dependents ? My accountant says that family trusts are generally the way to go but because I fall into the above category , they aren't an option for me

Reactions: 1 users

LEFOOL

Regular
I'm not sitting on as much of a gain as some of you guys, but reaching $1 (and about a 900% increase for me) on the SP is definitely a good thing to see on my portfolio.

The Mrs is wanting to diversify if we need to buy a new place - but i'm trying to say no to offloading some.. haha.

If we are to believe that this will be similar to FMG (perhaps on a bigger and faster scale), FMG took 2 years to reach $12 from $1 in 2008 (before the GFC).

A 12x return on this investment in 2 years would be nothing short of amazing and life changing.

The only issue we all would be facing is - if we sell - the taxes we have to pay. hahah
mate dont try... just say NO :p:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

LEFOOL

Regular
Imminent Ale finished fermenting in 48 hours - leaving in the fermenter until the weekend when I'll add some bentonite (back left) to clear it up.

View attachment 3012

20L of 6.0% beer to share and enjoy...

Cheers,
TC.
yep that Baumé says READY :) enjoy !!

Reactions: 2 users

LEFOOL

Regular

very good point thank you, quite helpful for dads investors like me, i have never have had to deal with a stock market tax bill (YET) and especially not quite as big as the AVZ one will be in the (near?) future...

Reactions: 2 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Just have another good read of this report, especially the 4th paragraph, (You can find it on the company website, under Investors/Research Reports) :

CURRAN & Co Report 4/3/22.

AVZ Minerals (AVZ) is well advanced in the development of the Manono Lithium Project in the DRC, which contains the largest spodumene resource globally with 401Mt @ 1.65% Li2O in situ.
The deposit is world class and will be a long life, major player in the lithium battery supply chain. AVZ have submitted a Mining Licence application and is awaiting the DRC government to award this permit.
We expect this to be granted in the near future and a cascade of positive news to follow including the release of the Bankable Feasibility Study (BFS).

Tier 1 Equity partner secured to fast-track development In September 2021, AVZ entered into a transaction implementation agreement with Suzhou CATH Energy Technologies (CATH).
CATH is owned by Mr. Pei Zhenhua and Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Limited (CATL) the global leader in Lithium conversion and lithium-ion battery production.
CATH will pay $US240m for a 24% equity interest in the Manono Project to be used to fund capital development in addition to funding their equity portion of project CAPEX.
This transaction is due to be completed in March with CATH waiving precedent conditions including award of the Mining Licence.

Expansion Scenario significantly increases the project scale In September 2021, AVZ and CATH agreed to evaluate and progress a study to increase annual production capacity from a 4.5Mtpa throughput producing approximately 0.7 million tonnes of SC6, as contemplated by the DFS (April 2020) to a 10Mtpa throughput producing approximately 1.6 million tonnes of SC6.
The expansion study combined with existing offtake agreements indicates the strong interest from downstream customers in securing future production capacity from AVZ.

Our updated forecasts and company valuation Pre-production capital is now estimated at $US900M with the CATH transaction and contribution expected to total $US528M towards this.
We anticipate first SC6 production in Q4 CY 2023.
AISC for SC6 is forecasted to average US$321/t and we have used a LT SC6 price of US$1,200/t from FY 2027.
EBITDA and FCF averages A$2,069M and A$1,178M over the LOM.
The project has material potential upside in the form of tax reductions from the finalisation of a special economic zone, higher realised SC6 and PLS prices, significant exploration upside, and additional staged processing expansions.
We update our valuation on AVZ Minerals and maintain a BUY recommendation and target price of A$1.21ps (28% upside).

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all

Just a quick note - I had to remove a couple of posts recently of a lady bouncing about on a yacht as the automated mechanisms within Google detected it as showing nudity / sexual content, and risked cutting off ads / revenue.

Please note that while we may be overjoyed with stock motions or other news, anything which may result in Google thinking an image contains nudity (such as a bikini that is barely visible, such that one must squint to make sure there is one at all) would be detected this way and put the whole site at risk of complete loss of revenue.

As such I cannot allow it to remain and had to remove it. So please refrain from posting images of gifs that run that particular level of risk. Thank you!

Reactions: 21 users

Bellski

Emerged
Hi all

Just a quick note - I had to remove a couple of posts recently of a lady bouncing about on a yacht as the automated mechanisms within Google detected it as showing nudity / sexual content, and risked cutting off ads / revenue.

Please note that while we may be overjoyed with stock motions or other news, anything which may result in Google thinking an image contains nudity (such as a bikini that is barely visible, such that one must squint to make sure there is one at all) would be detected this way and put the whole site at risk of complete loss of revenue.

As such I cannot allow it to remain and had to remove it. So please refrain from posting images of gifs that run that particular level of risk. Thank you!
No wonder people area leaving hot crapper and coming over hear. Clear, logical explanation from a mod. Don't know why the other site finds it so difficult.

Reactions: 7 users

JAG

Top 20
1648070567910.png

JAG

Top 20
1648070643713.png

Hey team, with the waiving of the condition precedents with CATL, are we waiting on anything else to close out that deal?

Ann from February states it is expected to close out this month.

Also I didn't realise the Cantor Fitzgerald inital coverage report was available on the AVZ website, thanks to cruiser for mentioning the other one. For those that don't know, you can read the whole report!

Cheers

Sammy

Bray

Regular
Hotcrapper could learn a thing or two from zeebot.. thats how you admin maturely

Interesting to find DRC has some incredibly good timber, with huge amounts of sustainable forestry able to be harvested, although for now it reads as if majority of it is illegal.

JAG

Top 20
Hi all

As such I cannot allow it to remain and had to remove it. So please refrain from posting images of gifs that run that particular level of risk. Thank you

Hotcrapper could learn a thing or two from zeebot.. thats how you admin maturely

Interesting to find DRC has some incredibly good timber, with huge amounts of sustainable forestry able to be harvested, although for now it reads as if majority of it is illegal.

Yep, totally agree Bray and apologies for the GIF. Lesson learned (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Dow and Dow Futures overnight very ordinary to say the least

Might be a generally tough day on the market today

Buying opportunity anyone?

Winenut

Go AVZ!
And then just like that I make my toasted sandwich and breakfast short black and the Futures turn basically flat (400+ turnaround)

Can't work that shit out at all! 😵‍💫

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Thaz

Regular
G'day Thaz , Is it true that there are almost no options available for sole traders that have no family/dependents ? My accountant says that family trusts are generally the way to go but because I fall into the above category , they aren't an option for me
Hey bloke.

For the most part, there is no advantage from a tax planning perspective if you do not have any family members to distribute the trust income to, particularly if all the income are deriving is discountable capital gains.

There is an advantage from an asset protection point of view (i.e. the assets are not owned by you, rather it is controller /held by the trustee on behalf of the beneficiaries ). So if you are subject to a creditor claim or lawsuit, it may provide an added layer of protection in these instances. It may also help simplify your estate planning/wills (albeit the normal vesting date is 80yrs for a trust )

That said, if your affairs are simple and you dont have anyone you can distribute the income to, then the added layer of a trust would add unnecessary additional compliance costs.

Sorry about the rambling !! Haha.

Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Get on board the AVZ bullet train

Leaving the station NOW!!

Toot Toot

1648078153092.gif

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

blu

Regular
well fuck me dead, I woke up late to see mature discussion in an online forum and AVZ going gangsters.... what's next ? maybe the kids will clean their rooms 🤣🚀🚀🚀

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom