AVZ Discussion 2022

wombat74

Top 20
Are you a lesbian too? 😛 Wow, what are the chances.....bring on the $2 party, its going to be a big night !!! 😘
Ok in that case I'll bring champagne , caviar and a lesbian .

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

wombat74

Top 20
You guys are going to have to get used to me posting more this week - about to go into surgery for a detached retina….. Probably from reading all the worried holders’ back and forth.. Just kidding - it’s just proof that I’m a one-eyed supporter of AVZ!!

View attachment 15336

Good luck to all for the mother of all announcements to come..

TC
All the best Count .

Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I'm a red blooded kiwi male and prepared to give up 100 AVZ (valued @ $2) to watch you both.

If it's to be an annual event i'll subscribe on a anal basis with my AVZ divvies....
Terribly unfortunate spelling there ....:oops:

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Nbaz

Regular
I appreciate you have no reason to actually believe my comments over the last week or two. For what it is worth, I'm quite certain the feedback I provided at that time was accurate and as expected by AVZ. Obviously I have no control over any changes to things thereafter, and there is absolutely no benefit to me should any changes translate to delays on the ML, apart form getting to enjoy an unexpected pineapple or two 😀

Cheers The Fox 🦊
Any news on the result of that court case over the weekend?

Reactions: 2 users

The Fox

Regular
Nothing at the moment from my efforts this afternoon. I’m hoping one or two others here might have some feedback on the current status. Nellie was onto it earlier and one of the regulars posters said he was speaking to the journalist who made the report on WhatsApp. (Although she apparently had little understanding of AVZ and was pretty inexperienced)

Cheers The Fox 🦊

Reactions: 23 users

Bonsoir

Regular
I appreciate you have no reason to actually believe my comments over the last week or two. For what it is worth, I'm quite certain the feedback I provided at that time was accurate and as expected by AVZ. Obviously I have no control over any changes to things thereafter, and there is absolutely no benefit to me should any changes translate to delays on the ML, apart form getting to enjoy an unexpected pineapple or two 😀

Cheers The Fox 🦊
Keep up the good work Fox, I appreciate your posts.

Reactions: 20 users

Dazmac66

Regular
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users

wombat74

Top 20
Nothing at the moment from my efforts this afternoon. I’m hoping one or two others here might have some feedback on the current status. Nellie was onto it earlier and one of the regulars posters said he was speaking to the journalist who made the report on WhatsApp. (Although she apparently had little understanding of AVZ and was pretty inexperienced)

Cheers The Fox 🦊
Not relevant to the awarding of the ML was the feed back wasn't it ? At least that's the vibe I got .Obviously not a big issue . Not important enough to inform share holders . Hey but we get our info from out the back of the sheds where the kids smoke . The lack of communication from this company is a f--king joke .

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Frank

Top 20
You guys are going to have to get used to me posting more this week - about to go into surgery for a detached retina….. Probably from reading all the worried holders’ back and forth.. Just kidding - it’s just proof that I’m a one-eyed supporter of AVZ!!

View attachment 15336

TC

Tick Tock.jpg

*Fyi, fwiw, as

MinRes boss wants to know what Goldman Sachs was smoking when it called the end of the lithium boom

• MinRes boss Chris Ellison asks what Goldman Sachs bankers were smoking when they predicted a crash in lithium prices
  • The mining rich lister thinks supply deficits will continue until the end of the decade
Mineral Resources’ maverick boss Chris Ellison does not pull punches, and the iron ore and lithium miner wound up a Drederick Tatum haymaker for analysts at Goldman Sachs who sunk lithium stocks in May with their controversial call that the lithium market would be in oversupply by 2023.

Lithium prices have stunned in 2022, with chemicals for electric vehicle batteries fetching more than US$70,000/t for several months, around 10 times prices seen in the last downturn a couple years ago.

The concentrate feedstock known as spodumene, trading for under US$500/t in early 2020, is now worth more than US$6500/t on the spot market.

“I don’t understand with a lot of analysts, if you get a little thing called Google you can get on there and it’ll tell you how many cars they’re going to make this year, next year and the year after,” Ellison said on MinRes’ 2022 results call.

“It’ll tell you where the producers are with rock and brine (and) it’s not a hard equation, but we’re in supply deficit at the moment and it feels like it’s going to stay there through til at least 2030.”

“I read that article a few weeks ago from Goldman Sachs and you’ve just got to wonder what they were smoking.

“If you don’t own your rock you’re screwed … by us.”

Ellison says at the long term consensus price for hydroxide of US$16,500/t, many converters who don’t own their own supply of spodumene or brine would be out of business given the prices they have to pay for limited supplies hard rock feedstock.

“That means there’s a huge supply problem; I like it, again we’re in the right place at the right time,” he said.

“…California came out of the blue and said by 2035 no more internal combustion engines on the road,” he said.

“You go, ‘yep that’s sensible’ but none of that is factored into the numbers people are at in terms of where the supply is coming from.”

MinRes is currently restarting the Wodgina JV, while its 50-50 JV with Ganfeng at the Mt Marion mine near Kalgoorlie will see production double to 900,000tpa of mixed grade spodumene production.

The company delivered a $1 per share dividend after turning a $400m FY22 profit, reversing a $36m loss from the first half of the year, as soaring lithium prices stemmed lower earnings from sliding iron ore revenue.

Give me spot​

On top of its decision to develop the $3 billion Onslow iron ore hub in the Pilbara, the other big news from MinRes’ financial results was a restructure of its lithium JV with Albemarle.

The deal will see MinRes’ share of the new Kemerton lithium hydroxide plant drop from 40% to 15%, while its share of the Wodgina mine in the Pilbara will lift from 40% to 50%, with MinRes taking operational control of the mine and power over the pricing index for its product.

Those marketing metrics have previously been determined by Albemarle, which has a history of conservatism when it comes to its approach to pricing.

While spot-exposed producers like Pilbara Minerals have seen spodumene sale prices soar in recent months, larger miners wedded to hedges and long-term contract pricing have seen their sale prices lag the rabid spot market.

“I want control back of my pricing,” Ellison told analysts and investors.

“So they’re still going to sell our product but they sell it under our model … we just take the price on the day.

“Albemarle asked me what I’m going to do one day when it all turns around and there’s more supply than demand, and I said I’ll do what I always do, I’ll change.

“But in the meantime while supply is short we’re going to take advantage of the price on the way up and I am fairly convinced that I’ve got five to seven years of that.”

MinRes wants to boast upwards of 110,000t of lithium hydroxide production in five years, with a deal that future conversion facilities will be shared between the Wodgina JV owners.

Ellison says MinRes could look overseas for both conversion opportunities and new mining operations, but that the company may be able to deliver a downstream conversion plant at the Wodgina mine in the Pilbara (a study is 80% done) cheaper than anywhere else thanks to a cheap power source via its in-house gas resource.

With mining services, lithium, iron ore, gas and all that in its portfolio MinRes is a bit of a polymath in mining terms.

Ellison is looking to add battery manufacturing to that list as well, saying MinRes has dreams of opening a battery manufacturing hub in partnership with a major, deep-pocketed producer in WA.

Stockhead.png

Good luck from all of us on your Eye Surgery Bro

Get Well Soon (y)

All the Best

Tick Tock ⏰

Hard Rock

Cheers 🍻

Frank :cool:

#Health !!! .jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

oxxa23

Regular
View attachment 15337
View attachment 15339

Any substance in these? ASX suspension rules don't mention a mandatory delisting, or am i missing something?
Hi 9,

They're not talking about delisting from the asx all together... just dropping out of the asx200... the problem with that is that when we reopen there will be funds that are mandated not to hold companies outside asx200... and will therefore sell their avz...

On the flipside... a lot of these same funds probably have hedged their bets with shorts... so it may cancel out (somewhat) the selling pressure etc...

No talk about being desisted off asx but...

Cheers

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I’m thinking perhaps a delay due to the court case running longer than expected 🤔
You mean they have to taste all the leftover mars bars before giving a verdict?? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Fire

cruiser51

Top 20

View attachment 15336

TC
I hope the brewery won't be idle, get a noice nurse and tell her how to do it. ;):giggle::devilish:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

JAG

Top 20
1661765491260.png

Nbaz

Regular

Cheers The Fox 🦊
Thanks Fox,

Has your Intel been that this case has nothing to do with the awarding of the ML? Can't be to much longer for it if you were told last week.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

9cardomaha

Regular
Hi 9,

They're not talking about delisting from the asx all together... just dropping out of the asx200... the problem with that is that when we reopen there will be funds that are mandated not to hold companies outside asx200... and will therefore sell their avz...

On the flipside... a lot of these same funds probably have hedged their bets with shorts... so it may cancel out (somewhat) the selling pressure etc...

No talk about being desisted off asx but...

Cheers

1661767615266.png

Reactions: 3 users

Bin59

Regular
Looks like the interview on JMK Today (Tele50) has now been moved from 11:00 am to 4:00pm their time - I’m interested to hear if Jules Alingete mentions some of IGF’s victories over certain corrupt parties.

1661767270111.jpeg

Reactions: 14 users

JAG

Top 20
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1661769054650.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
1661769107362.png