AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
And is Nellie Cashy ? Yes Cash went down in flames . His rep is toast . A larrikin at best with a track record of posting outlandish comments in the past . Nellie is quite new on the scene . I've called her out and given her some stick . However she does have 48hrs left so the benefit of the doubt is in play . I'm a lot less dismissive of comments made by Obe wan and The Fox as they have been around for a long time and have a decent track record . Of course they are not silly enough to narrow it down to a specific time only to say shouldn't be too much longer . So I'll go half glass full and play along in the mean time .

I’m right here mate, bloody hell talk about subtle… 😆

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
And is Nellie Cashy ? Yes Cash went down in flames . His rep is toast . A larrikin at best with a track record of posting outlandish comments in the past . Nellie is quite new on the scene . I've called her out and given her some stick . However she does have 48hrs left so the benefit of the doubt is in play . I'm a lot less dismissive of comments made by Obe wan and The Fox as they have been around for a long time and have a decent track record . Of course they are not silly enough to narrow it down to a specific time only to say shouldn't be too much longer . So I'll go half glass full and play along in the mean time .
Is it too late for me to change Paddy and Shawn’s names to Cashy and Nells?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Pokok

Regular
I think everybody should settle down who really knows what is going on behind closed doors we all have a lot riding on this be patient its hard but sometimes no news is good news , now back to my vodka good luck all but this will be over soon I see it in my glass

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I think everybody should settle down who really knows what is going on behind closed doors we all have a lot riding on this be patient its hard but sometimes no news is good news , now back to my vodka good luck all but this will be over soon I see it in my glass
Oooh....Wednesday night Vodka

Nice choice :cool:

Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
What do you do when the weather is shit in Perth? Pack up the family and head down south to the shack for even shittier weather 😂
18D8530F-31A1-4928-B973-8E62602DBB5A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Bray

Regular
We all need to accept no one knows shit about what news is gonna come out

And

Actions speak louder than words (yes this is to you DRC)

🍻

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
*Speaking of Zambia, Which is progressing to Benefit their Electric Battery ambitions atm, showing the DRC how it's done, I see

New Mining Projects in Zambia​

This will be the highest Nickel producing mine In Africa | Electric vehicle batteries to benefit​

Zambia now boasts of being the largest copper and Nickel producer in Africa

Insane! Thousands of Tesla electric cars are on the way to Australia

1660693394169.png

If you’ve noticed more Tesla electric cars on the roads since the EV maker began delivering its latest model to Australian drivers, get ready to see even more.

The Tesla Model Y went on sale in June in Australia after a long wait.

We estimated as many as 12,000 were ordered within days of the Model Y order page opening.

Now, a record number of Tesla Model 3s and Model Ys have been snapped lined up Shanghai dockyards ahead of a massive influx, as well as more than 300 Model 3s at Fremantle docks.

“Glovis loaded with Teslas just left last week, and this week the dock was once again filled with more Teslas,” said Giga Shanghai watcher Wu Wa posting a video of more than 8,000 cars at dock in China on Friday (see the end of this article for the video.)

Images shared by him on Twitter show the thousands of Tesla cars awaiting shipping at South Port terminal, Shanghai, with many built-in right-hand drive for markets such as Australia and New Zealand.

“We noticed that most of the cars in this batch are right-hand steering, and we understand from the factory that most of the cars in this batch are aimed at the AU market,” said Wu Wa.

1660693534133.png

And it’s a record number, according to Sawyer Merritt, a Tesla investor who posts regularly on the EV maker. He says he counted more than 8,800 cars waiting at the dock.

“This batch of Teslas above beat the previous record of about 7,000 that were there in mid-July for export.

This to me is partly an indication that production output is indeed increasing following the recent Giga Shanghai factory upgrades. INSANE amount of Teslas!” he said in a follow up post.

Tesla shipping tracker Vedaprime says there are as many as 7,000 to 8,000 Tesla cars already on ships headed for Australia.

“It’s just the craziest thing,” said Vedaprime in a note to The Driven.

To deal with the massive influx, Tesla is decentralising its delivery processes, and ships are headed to Port Kembla, the Port of Melbourne as well as, for the first time, straight to Fremantle in Western Australia.

Dodge Is Retiring Its Charger and Challenger Muscle Cars.

An EV Is Coming Next.

Chrysler/Dodge parent Stellantis said it is retiring the gasoline-powered versions of its iconic Charger and Challenger muscle cars, but announced one final lineup of gas-fueled models for 2023.

Those classic American muscle cars have been around since the 1960s.

The Charger might have been made most famous by the 1980s TV show and 2005 film The Dukes of Hazzard.

Protagonists Bo and Luke Duke drove around in a 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Thefutureiselectric.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

CashKing

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bin59

Regular
I agree it would be a good time to drop the news - let’s hope it happens🤞

1660726236175.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

John25

Regular
Pyshc …..Why you here John ?
John …..I own AVZ shares !
Pyshc ….Mmmm another one
1660728593450.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Frank

Top 20
The stakes of the DRC presidency at the head of SADC

1660728638305.png

On Thursday, August 18, the DRC will take over the baton of command of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) at the end of the 42nd summit of SADC Heads of State and Government to be held in Kinshasa.

President Felix Tshisekedi will succeed his counterpart Lazarus McCarthy Chakwera, President of the Republic of Malawi who has assumed the SADC Chair since August 17, 2021 at the 41st SADC Summit held in Lilongwe, Malawi.

Already on September 8, 2009, during the 29th summit of the Southern African Development Community, at the Cité de l'Union Africaine in Kinshasa, the South African Jacob ZUMA had passed the standard of management of the organization under regional to the Congolese Joseph Kabila for one year.

This one-year rotating presidency is part of the routine of international organizations.

The Summit will be held under the theme “Promoting industrialization through agribusiness, mineral beneficiation and regional value chains for inclusive and resilient economic growth”.

The theme of the 2022 Summit is an attempt to strengthen the implementation of the SADC Regional Indicative Strategic Development Plan (RISDP) 2020-2030 which aims to further deepen Southern Africa's regional integration and foster the development in support of the pillar of industrial development and market integration.

Issues and challenges

The Summit will review progress in regional integration in line with SADC aspirations as outlined in the RISDP 2020-2030 and Vision 2050, which envision a peaceful, inclusive, competitive, upper-middle-income industrialized region where all citizens enjoy sustainable economic well-being and justice.

Substantive matters are generally dealt with by other structures of the organization.

But the arrival of a country to the presidency should not be seen as a miracle moment.

Among the challenges awaiting Congolese institutional governance, we can cite health, but above all economic issues, maritime security in the sub-region, the free trade zone in southern Africa, which must be supported by the free zone.

But also the establishment of specialized agencies and their enforcement mechanism. :unsure:

Particular attention will also be paid to the SADC rapid intervention force (at SAMIM) deployed in Mozambique, whose mandate has just been extended by three months to fight terrorism.

SAMIM has three thousand soldiers from the DRC and seven other SADC member countries.

The DRC will therefore have to assume its leadership role by taking the measure of all these challenges.

Understanding SADC

SADC in its present form was established in August 1992 in Namibia. It brings together 16 countries.

It is in particular countries of Southern Africa South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland.

Then we have in the part of the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles Islands, Mauritius, Madagascar and the Comoros and more in the center-east of Africa: Tanzania and the DRC officially admitted in 1997.

According to its charter, SADC's objectives include achieving development and economic growth, as well as fostering and defending peace and security.

This is how several experts in international relations analyze the accession of the DRC to SADC as first and foremost a strategic choice of ex-president Laurent-Désiré Kabila at a time when he was threatened militarily by his ex-allies.

SADC member countries, notably South Africa and Zimbabwe at the time of Mugabe, then sent troops to the DRC to support the Congolese army.

www.mediacongo.net

*Definition of beneficiation

: the treatment of raw material to improve physical or chemical properties especially in preparation for smelting.

Reactions: 15 users

The Fox

Regular
Cami mess nearly all sorted, and as you said Evieta still three days to go!

"My info is we should definitely here some positive news this coming week."

Not a strong conviction/comment.

If you held some info like what is alleged to be in their possession - why would you risk exposing the source of that info in today's World?

At best, this smells more like an attempted "I know something you don't know" kindergarten comment... And where is said poster now?

I'd prefer to stick to the facts that we have in hand and wait for official updates.
TC.

PS - kudos to JAG for the Twatter information supply....

1660729512134.gif

1660729556845.gif

1660729776310.gif

1660730856497.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Samus

Top 20
I agree it would be a good time to drop the news - let’s hope it happens🤞

View attachment 14330
Probably as good a time as any one of the Council of Ministers meetings over the past 12+ months. :whistle:

Someone on twitter even said:

News to me but AVZ is his baby! He's neglecting his f'ing baby ffs!! 😲

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Pyshc …..Why you here John ?
John …..I own AVZ shares !
Pyshc ….Mmmm another one
View attachment 14331
Apparently John25 went to see his doctor and told him he was worried because he was starting to think he was a moth. His doctor said “Oh John, it’s not me you need to see, I think it’s a psychiatrist”. John said “I know, but I was going past and I saw the light on” 💡

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Bin59

Regular
Probably as good a time as any one of the Council of Ministers meetings over the past 12+ months. :whistle:

Someone on twitter, even said:

News to me but AVZ is his baby! He's neglecting his f'ing baby ffs!! 😲

Yes AVZ is his baby and as Felix will running the meetings this year he might like to show it off - SADC have been discussing EV’s & battery materials processing for a few years now and it would fit in well with this years “industrialisation of the region” theme.

1660736990883.jpeg

1660736194217.jpeg

Image: Getty, Ronny Hartmann
Image: Getty, Ronny Hartmann

The predicted uptake of electric vehicles (EVs) around the world will continue to increase the demand for lithium-ion batteries. At the same time, the electrification of transport is estimated to create 10 million jobs worldwide.​

Summary​

• Southern Africa is endowed with all the raw minerals required to produce lithium batteries. The minerals that are currently being mined in the region are predominantly exported, as raw material, to countries, outside of the continent, to manufacture lithium batteries.
  • SADC has listed the battery energy storage sector as a priority value chain. It is important for stakeholders from the public and private sectors to collaborate and develop practical strategies that will accelerate the lithium battery manufacturing value chain.
  • The predicted uptake of electric vehicles around the world will continue to increase the demand for lithium batteries while the electrification of transport is estimated to create 10 million jobs worldwide.
  • There is a window of opportunity, over the next five years, for SADC member states to collaborate on initiatives and interventions that will enable them to competitively participate in value-added manufacturing across the entire lithium battery manufacturing value chain.
  • The SADC region can use its mineral resources to transform from a commodity-driven economy to an industrialised manufacturing-driven economy that creates jobs and alleviates poverty for its citizens.
  • If SADC member states do not capitalise on the opportunity to manufacture lithium batteries for electric vehicles they will lose the opportunity for job creation in this value chain to other countries and regions.

15 Dec 2020​

Attachments

• 1660737098747.jpeg
    1660737098747.jpeg
    927.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Yes ol' shrunken head has my suspect wanker radar going off too. I read somewhere that he has links to CAMIs Jean-Felix, like through cousin or his brother in-law, something along those lines cant remember. Also before being PM he was the General Director at Gecamines, yea the place covered in shit atm with all the corrupt bs going down there. https://www.theafricareport.com/210908/drc-gecamines-and-the-missing-millions/

Now I would be gobsmacked if he wasn't party or benefited from and knew nothing.
The fact he has sat silent is raising an eyebrow.
mining or smuggling ? Government or Cartel ?
Old shrunken head is now mediating a dispute over the Tempe copper and cobalt mine between Gecamines and China’s CMOC so three suspect characters all in a room together fighting over the copper- cobalt mine. Hopefully he keeps his shrunken nose out of our mine, but I know he was mentioned in one of AVZ’s media releases saying he supports us and I emailed Nigel a year and a half ago about me thinking he was sus and the reply I got said he had been trying to clean up Gecamines. Now every time I clock on here, I’m eagerly awaiting to hear the latest good news on CAMI from Nells. Come on Nells, now you’ve got me and Wombie even more interested in what you’ve got to say than what Nigel or Felix have, God knows we’ve given them plenty of time, it’s your turn to shine girl!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Frank

Top 20

‘Inevitable’ – lithium prices are on the rise again

Battery metals expert Rodney Hooper says new lithium prices highs “are just around the corner” as demand kicks up a gear.

While lithium prices have held up remarkably well over the past few months as other metals prices have tumbled, the next leg up could be just around the corner.

In S&P Platt’s latest market commentary battery grade carbonate was assessed at Yuan 480,500/t ($US70,785/t) on August 12; up Yuan 500/t ($US73/t) for the week.

Some trades were heard at Yuan 500,000/t – or $US73,650/t — Hooper says in a tweet.

Lithium.jpg

china-electric-car-.jpg

The-future-is-Electric.png

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono Felix my friend :unsure:

Your faithful servant :love:

Frank ;)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Doc

Master of Quan
What do you do when the weather is shit in Perth? Pack up the family and head down south to the shack for even shittier weather 😂
View attachment 14327
If that’s your shack I’d love to see your house!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom