AVZ Discussion 2022

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
The blood letting of MPs and reshuffle can't be good for trying to get all this progressed quickly. It's another spanner in the works, even though in the long run it should be better for DRC and us

Reactions: 8 users

JAG

Top 20
1660693769619.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

cruiser51

Top 20
The blood letting of MPs and reshuffle can't be good for trying to get all this progressed quickly. It's another spanner in the works, even though in the long run it should be better for DRC and us
I don't think progress would have been possible without the purge.
I don't see it as a spanner in the works, but required progress.

One could of course say that it should have happened much earlier.
However these are huge changes and in the DRC political climate require a lot of courage.
The changes could not have been made without proper documented evidence.

There will be a lot of pissed off characters in the DRC, who not only suddenly see their super incomes reduced to nil, but also are running scared for a knock on the door from the IGF, with a please explain.

Hate to be a princess with cold eyes in a green dress at the moment.
But then again these people have shown not to have a conscience, they probably consider they did nothing wrong.
Just a little bit of creative craft.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

M.Bison

Regular
Whilst likely, the other side of the coin is new MP's would be looking to make a mark early. What better way than to be associated with the progression of the biggest lithium mine on the planet.

• Love
Why is the CAMI dude not fired?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

CHB

Regular

Probably what everyone conveniently forgets when talking about the reshuffle allowing progression of ML.

The key person holding it up is still there regardless of reshuffle of other portfolios.

• Sad

TheCount

Regular
Point taken Wombat, I guess it just means you, I and those others you mention are more used to making and losing significant amounts of capital and probably aren’t in the same position as some of the holders here who are anxious and depressed. Making and loosing large amounts isn’t anything to brag about, it just means you know how to weather the storm a little better than others that’s all
" it just means you know how to weather the storm a little better than others that’s all"

Comment of the week for me. 🥇💯

Cheers.
TC.

• Fire
CAMI was under the supervision of the the Minister of Mines and Minister of Finance. Previously its Director General of CAMI (who should answer to CAMI’s BOD) has been suspended by the MoM so it appears CAMI’s BOD (a separate entity within govt) has power which may slow the mining and exploration processes. Also, it seems the Prime Minister (the man with the shrunken head, Mr Lukonde) has the power to overrule the MoM. Maybe I’m wrong in my opinion of Lukonde, but at this stage, until I see him pull his finger out, he’s on my suspicions list. I edited my original post here after further reading on the link I’ve attached below, hope it helps: https://copperbeltkatangamining.com...l-of-the-mining-cadastre-for-insubordination/

Last edited:
  • Fire

Samus

Top 20
Because he's the one that makes sure everyone gets the very best snacks....
And likely runs a syndicate of coltan smuggling along with his own private army. :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I seriously doubt there would be too many here that want to read a 20 page report on the risks of corruption here in Australian mining, but just to give an example of some of the risks here in Aus I attached a link anyway: https://transparency.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Australia-Summary-Report.pdf I was going to add a report from the US State Department this year talking about the investment climate in the DRC which basically acknowledges Felix’s efforts to clean up corruption in the DRC. I gave up after reading about the first 50 pages, just going down one rabbit hole after another at the moment, in fact I’m even ready for some more of Nellie’s speculation or just jokes now, someone else post something here for fucks sake!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

TDITD

Top 20
CAMI was under the supervision of the the Minister of Mines and Minister of Finance. Previously its Director General of CAMI (who should answer to CAMI’s BOD) has been suspended by the MoM so it appears CAMI’s BOD (a separate entity within govt) has power which may slow the mining and exploration processes. Also, it seems the Prime Minister (the man with the shrunken head, Mr Lukonde) has the power to overrule the MoM. Maybe I’m wrong in my opinion of Lukonde, but at this stage, until I see him pull his finger out, he’s on my suspicions list. I edited my original post here after further reading on the link I’ve attached below, hope it helps: https://copperbeltkatangamining.com...l-of-the-mining-cadastre-for-insubordination/

Yes ol' shrunken head has my suspect wanker radar going off too. I read somewhere that he has links to CAMIs Jean-Felix, like through cousin or his brother in-law, something along those lines cant remember. Also before being PM he was the General Director at Gecamines, yea the place covered in shit atm with all the corrupt bs going down there. https://www.theafricareport.com/210908/drc-gecamines-and-the-missing-millions/

Now I would be gobsmacked if he wasn't party or benefited from and knew nothing.
The fact he has sat silent is raising an eyebrow.
mining or smuggling ? Government or Cartel ?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

John25

Regular
Think ALL these pricks have their paws in the Cookie jar oneway or another, think its going to cost us going forward
1660708831602.gif

• Fire

cruiser51

Top 20
Yes ol' shrunken head has my suspect wanker radar going off too. I read somewhere that he has links to CAMIs Jean-Felix, like through cousin or his brother in-law, something along those lines cant remember. Also before being PM he was the General Director at Gecamines, yea the place covered in shit atm with all the corrupt bs going down there. https://www.theafricareport.com/210908/drc-gecamines-and-the-missing-millions/

Now I would be gobsmacked if he wasn't party or benefited from and knew nothing.
The fact he has sat silent is raising an eyebrow.
mining or smuggling ? Government or Cartel ?

The following report explains a little about the history and role played by CAMI:

The following paragraph is an excerpt from this document:

The case of the Registry again shows that there is an enormous amount of political obstruction to get impartial and transparent procedures adopted in the mining sector. Although the modernization of the Registry seemed to be a project that could easily be implemented, it turned into chaos within less than a year of operation. The damage done apparently was of such scale that it took a year to be repaired. After the dismissal of Mbaka the Registry was indeed only re-opened in March 2005. Currently, it is headed by its fourth general director in three years time. The person in question, Jean-Felix Mupande, again is a close associate of Kabila.322

• Wow
  • Sad

TDITD

Top 20
With the Fox and Obe wan backing Nellie up I think you can be cautiously optimistic we are on the cusp of some good news . If it was only Nellie by herself i'd probably take no notice . And the fact she told me to stick things into my rectal passage didn't help either . So cheer up mate . Can't be too much longer .
It Hurts Belgian Football GIF by Univision Deportes

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

TDITD

Top 20
The following report explains a little about the history and role played by CAMI:

The following paragraph is an excerpt from this document:

The case of the Registry again shows that there is an enormous amount of political obstruction to get impartial and transparent procedures adopted in the mining sector. Although the modernization of the Registry seemed to be a project that could easily be implemented, it turned into chaos within less than a year of operation. The damage done apparently was of such scale that it took a year to be repaired. After the dismissal of Mbaka the Registry was indeed only re-opened in March 2005. Currently, it is headed by its fourth general director in three years time. The person in question, Jean-Felix Mupande, again is a close associate of Kabila.322
Kabila, the last name you want to see come up.
The whole thing looks like its set up to maximise obstruction and confusion. FFS
I wonder how much my therapy will cost holding AVZ ?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

TheCount

Regular
"My info is we should definitely here some positive news this coming week."

Not a strong conviction/comment.

If you held some info like what is alleged to be in their possession - why would you risk exposing the source of that info in today's World?

At best, this smells more like an attempted "I know something you don't know" kindergarten comment... And where is said poster now?

I'd prefer to stick to the facts that we have in hand and wait for official updates.
TC.

PS - kudos to JAG for the Twatter information supply....

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Samus

Top 20
The longer this goes , at some point someone's gotta know someone who knows someone who knows something.
Trouble with that is, even if management told them something as implied well let me just say:
Imminent, in a few weeks, surface rights paid within a few days. I'm sure you get the drift ;)
Best wait on actual news and asx announcements.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
With the Fox and Obe wan backing Nellie up I think you can be cautiously optimistic we are on the cusp of some good news . If it was only Nellie by herself i'd probably take no notice . And the fact she told me to stick things into my rectal passage didn't help either . So cheer up mate . Can't be too much longer .
She can't be any more wrong than Cash! Maybe Nell's is a little bit like Patty and Shawn, let me elaborate....

Paddy.... "Hey Shawn, I bet you fifty bucks I can tell a bigger lie than you can"
Shawn.... "Ahh Paddy, I bet you fifty bucks you can't"
Paddy.... "Ok, Last week I swam up Niagara Falls"
Shawn... "I know, I was there and I seen ya"

Of course if you you decide to tell anyone this, make sure you use the appropriate Irish accent!

Stick that up your arse Wombie 🤣🤣😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Top Bottom