AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
I've said it before but the 2021 DRC-Africa Business Forum when avz was asked to join the battery council was when it became very clear the DRC is way behind in terms of progress with regards to the aspirations of avz. Many of us watched it live and I'm sure felt the same way.
More recent revelations of corruption all the way up the food chain and throughout the judicial system directly effecting avz is a further blow to any quick progression shareholders might have hoped for and that management has implied almost every step of the way. It's also interesting to me that AVZ's intentions for a collaboration agreement have been greeted by nothing but crickets from the DRC side to date despite how much we've heard about it over the years.
Given the way it's been and how long it's taken up until this point and that seemingly an entire corrupt political cululture that is entrenched in the system needs to be weeded out for avz to progress fairly, it isn't all that hard to imagine that things still might take a fair bit more time imo.
Clearly there are whispers going around to the contrary, I've heard both here and outside of social media numerous times over the past few months tbh. It is increasingly hard seeing how those claims can marry up with the reality and progress (or lack thereof) that we're actually seeing officially.
I'm expecting to hear about one or two of these issues being ironed out over the next fortnight in order to start taking any of these claims seriously. Until then treating at as lip service and not being sucked in by any of it (again).
As an average shareholder I'm going to be wanting to see some pretty positive outcomes moving forward and a few key people living up to their word to feel comfortable to be remaining invested in this space regardless how much money could potentially be made.
This has been a pretty stressful and difficult stock to hold personally at a key time where I actually needed to take some profits for personal reasons and had hung in for much longer than expected to hopefully do that of the back of a positive dfs, the ongoing suspension has put me in a difficult financial position and created a lot of stress.
Still not at the point where I just want out but a good chunk that grows with every false promise, revelation of more corruption and further delays for whatever reason is going to be invested elsewhere (if that money can be withdrawn at all).
Anyway point is that I feel this might be a bit of an average Joe position and it isn't getting any more comfortable the more time that passes without any positive news.
Perhaps I'm wrong in those assumptions, I don't know.
Hope to be trading off the back of some positive news in the very near future as has been explicitly stated both here and elsewhere as personally I can't stomach much more bs from the top or from fellow holders seemingly clouding ones judgement as to the actual reality of the situation.
Tim will tell as they say.

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users

wombat74

Top 20
I've said it before but the 2021 DRC-Africa Business Forum when avz was asked to join the battery council was when it became very clear the DRC is way behind in terms of progress with regards to the aspirations of avz. Many of us watched it live and I'm sure felt the same way.
More recent revelations of corruption all the way up the food chain and throughout the judicial system directly effecting avz is a further blow to any quick progression shareholders might have hoped for and that management has implied almost every step of the way. It's also interesting to me that AVZ's intentions for a collaboration agreement have been greeted by nothing but crickets from the DRC side to date despite how much we've heard about it over the years.
Given the way it's been and how long it's taken up until this point and that seemingly an entire corrupt political cululture that is entrenched in the system needs to be weeded out for avz to progress fairly, it isn't all that hard to imagine that things still might take a fair bit more time imo.
Clearly there are whispers going around to the contrary, I've heard both here and outside of social media numerous times over the past few months tbh. It is increasingly hard seeing how those claims can marry up with the reality and progress (or lack thereof) that we're actually seeing officially.
I'm expecting to hear about one or two of these issues being ironed out over the next fortnight in order to start taking any of these claims seriously. Until then treating at as lip service and not being sucked in by any of it (again).
As an average shareholder I'm going to be wanting to see some pretty positive outcomes moving forward and a few key people living up to their word to feel comfortable to be remaining invested in this space regardless how much money could potentially be made.
This has been a pretty stressful and difficult stock to hold personally at a key time where I actually needed to take some profits for personal reasons and had hung in for much longer than expected to hopefully do that of the back of a positive dfs, the ongoing suspension has put me in a difficult financial position and created a lot of stress.
Still not at the point where I just want out but a good chunk that grows with every false promise, revelation of more corruption and further delays for whatever reason is going to be invested elsewhere (if that money can be withdrawn at all).
Anyway point is that I feel this might be a bit of an average Joe position and it isn't getting any more comfortable the more time that passes without any positive news.
Hope to be trading off the back of some positive news in the very near future as has been explicitly stated both here and elsewhere as personally I can't stomach much more bs from the top or from fellow holders seemingly clouding ones judgement as to the actual reality of the situation.
I think some people confuse bull sh1t with optimism . Either that or they are just here to yank our chain .

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Dazmac66

Regular
I know where you are coming from - the one thing that keeps me positive is the short extensions. The AVZ hierarchy and lawyers are not stupid and wouldn't deliberately set out to give false hope by initiating these two week extensions. They must think we are close to trading - surely! This must be massive news in DRC and the pressure for the mining lease to be issued intense. I wouldn't be surprised if some time before the next end date we get some good news. If we have further extensions even the most optimistic must ask why there is no reasoning and why extensions aren't set at realistic time frames.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

wombat74

Top 20
I know where you are coming from - the one thing that keeps me positive is the short extensions. The AVZ hierarchy and lawyers are not stupid and wouldn't deliberately set out to give false hope by initiating these two week extensions. They must think we are close to trading - surely! This must be massive news in DRC and the pressure for the mining lease to be issued intense. I wouldn't be surprised if some time before the next end date we get some good news. If we have further extensions even the most optimistic must ask why there is no reasoning and why extensions aren't set at realistic time frames.
I'd like to think AVZ are not continuing with drilling and other works ,spending all that money, just to have to then hand it over to the Chinese . I don't think Nigel is that kind of person .

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

JAG

Top 20
FFS!

1660625060890.png

Dazmac66

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
I would give you 100 ‘likes’ for that post if I could Sammael. Unfortunately we’ve seen in our own country here, how hard it is to weasel out corrupt politicians. I have to say here in NSW, John (Pork) Barilaro’s way of getting out of being found corrupt is by making himself out to be the victim, even though Cominiere has tried that one, I don’t think it’s going to work over there. As Wombat says, they are still drilling so that’s a positive, but as you say, the speculation about good news coming is wearing thin, and I would rather hear that a FTA with the US is actually being done rather than being implied it is being done, but still, you gotta remain positive

Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20
1660626762364.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
While on the subject of politicians, Scomo, currently in the news again is another classic diversionary operator with his usual line “I’ll always do what’s best for Australia” when he means “I’ll always do what’s best for me!!” Today he’s making out he was doing his best for Newcastle NSW by secretly making himself minister for resources so he could stop the pep11 gas drilling off our coast going ahead. I didn’t want it to go ahead because I’ve surfed here for nearly 50 years, but he wasn’t doing it because he gave a shit about our coastline, anyway, the point is I used to keep an eye (now and then) on the news on the company that was going to do the drilling and I’m pretty sure it’s share holders got screwed between them thinking the resource minister approved the project and scotty from marketing undermining it just for his own personal gain. Anyway (again), please no replies, I’m way off topic and having a hard time getting off this social media / stock forum…. and I just always hated that sly dog scotty from marketing

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
While on the subject of politicians, Scomo, currently in the news again is another classic diversionary operator with his usual line “I’ll always do what’s best for Australia” when he means “I’ll always do what’s best for me!!” Today he’s making out he was doing his best for Newcastle NSW by secretly making himself minister for resources so he could stop the pep11 gas drilling off our coast going ahead. I didn’t want it to go ahead because I’ve surfed here for nearly 50 years, but he wasn’t doing it because he gave a shit about our coastline, anyway, the point is I used to keep an eye (now and then) on the news on the company that was going to do the drilling and I’m pretty sure it’s share holders got screwed between them thinking the resource minister approved the project and scotty from marketing undermining it just for his own personal gain. Anyway (again), please no replies, I’m way off topic and having a hard time getting off this social media / stock forum…. and I just always hated that sly dog scotty from marketing
Indeed, to think corruption, coercion or unfair practices do not exist in Australia is naïve. It's not as pervasive, not as blatant but it exists for sure. I know from experience in WA Oil and Gas.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
I would give you 100 ‘likes’ for that post if I could Sammael. Unfortunately we’ve seen in our own country here, how hard it is to weasel out corrupt politicians. I have to say here in NSW, John (Pork) Barilaro’s way of getting out of being found corrupt is by making himself out to be the victim, even though Cominiere has tried that one, I don’t think it’s going to work over there. As Wombat says, they are still drilling so that’s a positive, but as you say, the speculation about good news coming is wearing thin, and I would rather hear that a FTA with the US is actually being done rather than being implied it is being done, but still, you gotta remain positive
Interestingly making one's self out to be a victim is very common in most forms of corruption and abuse (by the abuser who actually believes it to be the case), happened to catch an interesting segment along those lines on the radio recently. As you say just like poor old Cominière who 'mistook' a down payment as a bonus amongst various other things.
I'd say it's important to remain positive absolutely and it's equally important to remain realistic and maintain focus on the actual situation.
Lots of talk, now it's time for the action.
As one who's going to have to sell down on open due to necessity regardless of the news on opening I'm counting on the positive progress as much as anyone and from my perspective I hope it's soon as I'm already in the shit. I know of two other holders in a similar situation among the half dozen or so others I speak with outside of social media.
False hope is not my friend right now or ever, optomisim sure.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Flight996

Regular
Hi Moneybags1348

Re: "and I would rather hear that a FTA with the US is actually being done rather than being implied it is being done..."

Sorry, but unlikely to happen anytime soon. As far as I am aware, neither Blinken nor any other US official implied a US/DRC bilateral during their recent visit. As we are aware, Blinken said that US companies will come when human rights are respected and corruption ends. That sounds like he is saying not to call on the US to balance China's influence until the DRC house is in order.

Finally, FTA's take years and years of preparatory work before delegates eyeball each other across the negotiation table. Even an agreement on words both sides can work with can take years of frustrating nail-pulling. Unfortunately, the DRC's governance and rule of law is so corrupted that it may not happen in time to benefit AVZ.

Nonetheless, I am hopeful of a quick return to trading so we can all make a squillion and drink two thousand dollar bottles of vodka, and the Chinese rodents in the DRC can go fuck themselves.

Cheers
F

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Hi Moneybags1348

Re: "and I would rather hear that a FTA with the US is actually being done rather than being implied it is being done..."

Sorry, but unlikely to happen anytime soon. As far as I am aware, neither Blinken nor any other US official implied a US/DRC bilateral during their recent visit. As we are aware, Blinken said that US companies will come when human rights are respected and corruption ends. That sounds like he is saying not to call on the US to balance China's influence until the DRC house is in order.

Finally, FTA's take years and years of preparatory work before delegates eyeball each other across the negotiation table. Even an agreement on words both sides can work with can take years of frustrating nail-pulling. Unfortunately, the DRC's governance and rule of law is so corrupted that it may not happen in time to benefit AVZ.

Nonetheless, I am hopeful of a quick return to trading so we can all make a squillion and drink two thousand dollar bottles of vodka, and the Chinese rodents in the DRC can go fuck themselves.

Cheers
F
Thanks for that information Flight996. Seems it’s harder for me to get off this forum than I realised. What I would like to say is that I am just starting to understand the desperation and anxiety that many here feel. If it’s any help (as Frank knows) I had around $150K that I’d put into LNG and when I saw the writing on the wall I sold out losing $70K of that. It was a hard decision to make, but I felt the management was incompetent and untrustworthy and if I hadn’t sold then, I would have lost the whole $150K. I was lucky at some point a few years ago and made money on A2M sold out at $100K and bought BUB with the money and sold it in around a month for an $80K profit which I then put all back into A2M. I’ve also lost big on Paladin Energy (PDN) and Altura (AJM) who both got screwed by the Chinese. I used to own about 20 companies and follow about 30, so now life is much easier just owning a few. One of those is FFX which has also been in suspension for quite a while mostly due to a guidance downgrade. Very frustrating having two companies in suspension and I have been following AVZ so closely that I took my eye off FFX. I knew the problem there was mostly due to sanctions on Mali by the neighbouring African countries due to its military government and they’ve had trouble getting machinery in to drill etc, but I am confident in its gold mine and spun off lithium mine (LLL) going forward. What I really want to stress here is I may not be in as financial a predicament as many others here, but I do genuinely believe AVZ will get our issues sorted out, and I might be wrong but my gut feeling is by or during September. For all my previous harsh remarks, I’m very sorry to those who are struggling and now realise that humour and venting may very well be the best medicine for you. As you probably realise, I’m a little bit hard core due to past efforts put in on stocks, and though I may post information which may sometimes seem distressing, believe me, knowledge is the best thing!!!! On the crapper previously I remember seeing anyone who mentioned sovereign risk getting shot down in flames, and now we all see and are living through it. I’m still positive and think others here should be too and I hope Obe and other knowledgeable posters come here and boost spirits because it sounds like a lot of you need it! The only other pep talk I need to give is one to myself to get off this fucken phone!! And as my nephew always signs out when he texts me 🖕

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Hudnut

Regular
FFS!
One of my project team just sent me an email saying completion of his work package was "imminent".
I'm never gonna finish this bloody thing now!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

JAG

Top 20
1660637318324.png

Reactions: 8 users

JAG

Top 20

Reactions: 7 users
Hey mate we've all got stories like that . I've lost and made $100s of thousands over the years . I pulled out of a stock I'd been holding for years at a loss that if I'd have held for another 12 months would have given me a $2million + profit . Mate we've all got these stories . AVZ is just another one to add to the list .
Point taken Wombat, I guess it just means you, I and those others you mention are more used to making and losing significant amounts of capital and probably aren’t in the same position as some of the holders here who are anxious and depressed. Making and loosing large amounts isn’t anything to brag about, it just means you know how to weather the storm a little better than others that’s all

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 2428

Having been in this 4 years plus now, my take:
- NF, and other AVZ silent management always promised the world, embellished the facts and never ever met a timeline published.
- all the cheer squad, squashed anyone who questioned missed timelines and other issues, with comments like “if you don’t like it sell”, “l’ll buy your shares”, “last time we see 50c, 75c, $1 etc - time to buy more” and the classic “be patient“.
- was never ever impressed with AVZ management granting themselves every AGM millions of free shares and then with other options and soft targets!
- the non-disclosure by AVZ mgmt of Chinese/ DRC shenanigans over the 12 plus months prior to suspension is a real concern to me “nothing to see here” attitude. If it goes to shit, heads will roll, ASX, hope you are up to speed ??
- Felix after this 3 months of suspension has not officIally come out in support of AVZ. This is not good IMO.
- the ”expert SHs” who have a hot line to “what is happening behind closed doors” have been saying for the last few weeks “not long now until sorted”, “shorters will burn”, “my info, all go next week” etc etc, are full of shit and have NFI - just like me.
- election is coming end of 2023 and corrupt officials along with Chinese government will do everything possible to get Felix out and re-establish the previous modus operandi.

I for one have seen enough, heard enough. I think NF did his best, but he and AVZ have been/ are snookered. We have a 1% chance of all the ducks lining up, Felix stamps out corruption, tells Z/ China to F Off, and AVZ go booming to production and a SP of $5 plus IMO. That is a big gamble.

Anyway, I hope we can get a few things lined up, a T/O or JV with US/ Euro or major AUS organisation and get say $1.50-2, then I will move on by selling two thirds and letting the last third run or fail.

100% I want AVZ to succeed to production, just can’t see it from here, so hoping for a deal to get SHs who want out without losing capital invested that previously hit $1.37. 🤞🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🔜🔚 💩 show. Rant over. Good luck 😉

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

JAG

Top 20
1660640184037.png

• Sad

JAG

Top 20
1660640280693.png

• Thinking