AVZ Discussion 2022

Maybe I’m missing something ? Who is this particular person shitting on Der Geist ? To my eyes nobody here really talks about him it’s all about AVZ and news relating to DRC mining scene….granted I do skim as miss some days.
What’s the speculation ? Juicy info ?
I’ve just wrote what I think on him and his many aliases, in short mental illness. Then again if he did help with the AVZ letter is he an employee, he would certainly be far closer to the action than us. Certainly not a messiah. Give me this forum any day over those insane characters.
Not referring to you mate, but you’ll have to go back through the threads yourself like I have to do. You only need to go back a few pages. The biggest blow to us in my view wasn’t the attempted grab at the 15% by Zigin (which also in my view will be sorted), the biggest blow was boatman’s report and all the coverage it got spreading disinformation from Reuters, Bloomberg, the Financial Review etc and Der Geist did more to expose that lie than anyone, including our lawyers. I’m aware of the IGF report and Momentum Attorneys good work etc, but Der Geist made a detailed contribution exposing boatman’s and the Financial Review’s collaboration in the spreading of disinformation

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
Not referring to you mate, but you’ll have to go back through the threads yourself like the rest of us do. You only need to go back a few pages. The biggest blow to us in my view wasn’t the attempted grab at the 15% by Zigin (which also in my view will be sorted), the biggest blow was boatman’s report and all the coverage it got spreading disinformation from Reuters, Bloomberg, the Financial Review etc and Der Geist did more to expose that lie than anyone, including our lawyers. I’m aware of the IGF report and Momentum Attorneys good work etc, but Der Geist made a great detailed contribution
I'm not sure what to make of him personally, the information he kept pushing before the suspension was readily available from articles over the months prior. Nigel seemed to take the approach of dismissing it as rubbish even though it was an obvious concern and (hopefully) dealing with it quietly in the background. The culmination of geists tweeting the zigin news report and the boatman report made a negative impact at a time when everything was looking very promising.
With the suspension due to tenement issues the icing in the cake.
He did seem to switch from a very critical view of AVZ to a pro AVZ stance deleting his Twitter account in between (one assumes in a bit of panic that the situation became much bigger and more serious than he might have expected)
The situation obviously had to be dealt with at some point, just a shame it wasn't squashed behind the scenes and I can see why some seem to attribute some blame due to his incessant squealing.
On the other hand maybe it's given management a kick up the ass as there isn't much sign of them having dealt with any of the issues prior with any urgency, not on the public face of it anyway.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Rediah

Regular
CXO is nearing production so it's hard to tell.

If we had ML, BFS and FID then a good chance
Even though I have small investment in CXO but 😇

AVZ.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

TDITD

Top 20
Not referring to you mate, but you’ll have to go back through the threads yourself like the rest of us do. You only need to go back a few pages. The biggest blow to us in my view wasn’t the attempted grab at the 15% by Zigin (which also in my view will be sorted), the biggest blow was boatman’s report and all the coverage it got spreading disinformation from Reuters, Bloomberg, the Financial Review etc and Der Geist did more to expose that lie than anyone, including our lawyers. I’m aware of the IGF report and Momentum Attorneys good work etc, but Der Geist made a great detailed contribution
phew 😅 🤣
Ahh must have missed it, tbh not too fussed the guy doesn't bother me enough to have a look back through the pages an see what I missed.

Well if those cretins at Zijin had just done the right thing like CATL and not tried the illegal approach, we wouldn't be here but yes I get what your saying here. Boatman must have some contacts because that bad news spread like wildfire!!

The boatman report was bordering on criminal in my eyes full of theories and 'in my views' honestly how the fuck can any journalist give that tripe coverage, yet like you say many did, many Aussie rags too very disappointing stuff. It was obviously in tandem with the shorting that was increasing as well at the time and the timing of the drop (although miscalculated) was done to cause maximum damage, in my eyes what happened is straight up unethical....don't really like shorting but hey I can see a need for it, but that was just straight BS to scare the public.

Although look how the shorting 'activists' are going over at LKE, we should fair the same. They have to genuinely prove their tech can be implemented at scale, so the shorters at least have a thread to pull on there, with us pending a positive outcome we should be raging with shorts covering too sending us even higher (fingers crossed).

I agree Der Geist did an excellent dismantling of boatmans 'report'. But its not as if he uncovered anything new, its everything we on social media were all whinging about, what he did do though was very professionally use known information to destroy boatmans fallacies and by god were they unsound assumptions. Unfortunately in my view it didn't get any coverage to the mums and dads who need to read it, those who would have read the Aussie rags an shit themselves, an then pretty much everyone else that did read it would have already done their research and known it was all a pile of steaming excrement.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here mate, hope its not coming over like that. I do agree they made a good contribution recently, just maybe my opinion that Der Geist have also done alot of damage too before that, an the whole three different characters thing is a bit coo coo.

Reactions: 15 users
phew 😅 🤣
Ahh must have missed it, tbh not too fussed the guy doesn't bother me enough to have a look back through the pages an see what I missed.

Well if those cretins at Zijin had just done the right thing like CATL and not tried the illegal approach, we wouldn't be here but yes I get what your saying here. Boatman must have some contacts because that bad news spread like wildfire!!

The boatman report was bordering on criminal in my eyes full of theories and 'in my views' honestly how the fuck can any journalist give that tripe coverage, yet like you say many did, many Aussie rags too very disappointing stuff. It was obviously in tandem with the shorting that was increasing as well at the time and the timing of the drop (although miscalculated) was done to cause maximum damage, in my eyes what happened is straight up unethical....don't really like shorting but hey I can see a need for it, but that was just straight BS to scare the public.

Although look how the shorting 'activists' are going over at LKE, we should fair the same. They have to genuinely prove their tech can be implemented at scale, so the shorters at least have a thread to pull on there, with us pending a positive outcome we should be raging with shorts covering too sending us even higher (fingers crossed).

I agree Der Geist did an excellent dismantling of boatmans 'report'. But its not as if he uncovered anything new, its everything we on social media were all whinging about, what he did do though was very professionally use known information to destroy boatmans fallacies and by god were they unsound assumptions. Unfortunately in my view it didn't get any coverage to the mums and dads who need to read it, those who would have read the Aussie rags an shit themselves, an then pretty much everyone else that did read it would have already done their research and known it was all a pile of steaming excrement.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here mate, hope its not coming over like that. I do agree they made a good contribution recently, just maybe my opinion that Der Geist have also done alot of damage too before that, an the whole three different characters thing is a bit coo coo.
Thanks TDITD, I appreciate your reply as well as the info you post!

Reactions: 8 users
TDITD I’m not familiar with what is on twitter (other than what Jag posts here, which I appreciate) because this site is enough to keep me busy without being on other platforms so I don’t know what Der Geist has done there. What I do know is that I have always held management’s of companies I own accountable in a pretty severe way (A2M’s management’s being just one of a few disgusting examples - fortunately I fully sold out of them at around $12-$14 and was lucky because I started buying them at $1. I watched them go from $20 to under $5 because of the secrets they’re management kept). So I don’t blame Der Geist if what he did was to seek the truth and was scathing in his attempts. I was suspicious of Nigel at one point, but came to my own understanding of why he has managed things the way he has. At Sydney he speculated to me that hypothetically if a CR was to occur…. which I knew was on the cards because I always look at companies financials, and he told me privately that the Chinese were trying to screw us, which turns out to be true. I have formed my opinion that he is trustworthy but I (like Der Geist) am scathing of companies that keep secrets from shareholders and I learned at Sydney that I had invested more of my own personal finances into the company than Nigel had, and I am happy he is steering the ship

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

TDITD

Top 20
TDITD I’m not familiar with what is on twitter (other than what Jag posts here, which I appreciate) because this site is enough to keep me busy without being on other platforms so I don’t know what Der Geist has done there. What I do know is that I have always held management’s of companies I own accountable in a pretty severe way (A2M’s management’s being just one of a few disgusting examples - fortunately I fully sold out of them at around $12-$14 and was lucky because I started buying them at $1. I watched them go from $20 to under $5 because of the secrets they’re management kept). So I don’t blame Der Geist if what he did was to seek the truth and was scathing in his attempts. I was suspicious of Nigel at one point, but came to my own understanding of why he has managed things the way he has. At Sydney he speculated about if a CR was to occur, which I knew was on the cards because I always look at companies financials, and he told me personally and privately that the Chinese were trying to screw us, which turns out to be true. I have formed my opinion that he is trustworthy but I (like Der Geist) am scathing of companies that keep secrets from shareholders and I learned at Sydney that I had invested more of my own personal finances into the company than Nigel had, and I am happy he is steering the ship
Twitter is a bit of a mire but a handy platform in how you can connect globally to others especially good for us to get in touch with those journalists and others in the DRC who we can alert to what's going down, an call out those who support the criminals.

That made me laugh you being suspicious of Nigel, I think many of us have been at one point, an I suppose for good reason too as we are kept in the dark a lot. I too had come to my own understandings which are also around the Chinese angle of trying to screw us (although that now is abundantly clear), I was angry at the time when we raised at 4.5cents and that was the height of my suspicion, but something told me to stop and think, so I have retrospectively looked at this in a different light, and feel this will/has worked against the Chinese as they played their hand too early/poorly, so Nigel and board knew what to expect moving forward and have prepared accordingly. I'm finding it pays to almost analyse Nige and what's said and not said in announcements and interviews/meetings, if only I had more braincells 😃

I agree its very important to always have your eyes on the company, financials and as much as possible what's happening behind the scenes and also around them. After all its our $$ we are trusting them with, incidentally the whole Nigel having not much of his own $ invested has always been a weak point for me, but after seeing them in person I came to the conclusion they have the drive to take this all the way, they want to create something big like BHP/FMG.

Do you mind elaborating on what it was that caused you to sell at the time you did in A2M (congrats btw). I've only been investing since late 2016 not long and always looking to learn mate.

Reactions: 6 users
Twitter is a bit of a mire but a handy platform in how you can connect globally to others especially good for us to get in touch with those journalists and others in the DRC who we can alert to what's going down, an call out those who support the criminals.

That made me laugh you being suspicious of Nigel, I think many of us have been at one point, an I suppose for good reason too as we are kept in the dark a lot. I too had come to my own understandings which are also around the Chinese angle of trying to screw us (although that now is abundantly clear), I was angry at the time when we raised at 4.5cents and that was the height of my suspicion, but something told me to stop and think, so I have retrospectively looked at this in a different light, and feel this will/has worked against the Chinese as they played their hand too early/poorly, so Nigel and board knew what to expect moving forward and have prepared accordingly. I'm finding it pays to almost analyse Nige and what's said and not said in announcements and interviews/meetings, if only I had more braincells 😃

I agree its very important to always have your eyes on the company, financials and as much as possible what's happening behind the scenes and also around them. After all its our $$ we are trusting them with, incidentally the whole Nigel having not much of his own $ invested has always been a weak point for me, but after seeing them in person I came to the conclusion they have the drive to take this all the way, they want to create something big like BHP/FMG.

Do you mind elaborating on what it was that caused you to sell at the time you did in A2M (congrats btw). I've only been investing since late 2016 not long and always looking to learn mate.
Well since you asked, I have to dob in a friend of mine who I chat with about companies and is a great contributor here. I refer to ‘Frank’. I was very positive on A2M for years and followed and supported them closely, but I started noticing the formula was staying on shelves and manufacturing dates were starting to expire at some local Woolies, Coles and Chemist Wharehouse’s. I checked my own suburb and the next. No news from the A2M that sales were dropping and during a discussion with Frank, he suggested I go several suburbs and shopping centres further a field and low and behold the product wasn’t selling. That’s an example of the kind of effort you put into researching companies! No word from management regarding lower sales and revised guidance, meanwhile exec’s selling shares and saying it was for tax reasons and the AGM saying all is ok until after the exec’s got there bonuses and then two weeks later the bad news starts trickling out of the company. Thanks again for your info TDITD. We better get back onto AVZ eh (although I reckon BUB baby formula is worth a look 😉)

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

TDITD

Top 20
Well since you asked, I have to dob in a friend of mine who I chat with about companies and is a great contributor here. I refer to ‘Frank’. I was very positive on A2M for years and followed and supported them closely, but I started noticing the formula was staying on shelves and manufacturing dates were starting to expire at some local Woolies, Coles and Chemist Wharehouse’s. I checked my own suburb and the next. No news from the A2M that sales were dropping and during a discussion with Frank, he suggested I go several suburbs and shopping centres further a field and low and behold the product wasn’t selling. That’s an example of the kind of effort you put into researching companies! No word from management regarding lower sales and revised guidance, meanwhile exec’s selling shares and saying it was for tax reasons and the AGM saying all is ok until after the exec’s got there bonuses and then two weeks later the bad news starts trickling out of the company. Thanks again for your info TDITD. We better get back onto AVZ eh (although I reckon BUB baby formula is worth a look 😉)
Thanks mate appreciated (y)

Reactions: 3 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
03D986A9-168A-4832-BCBC-7962C2667D7A.jpg

Even our local sleuth can’t confirm the news from our new tweetybird

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

JAG

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Pokok

Regular
Yeh Xerof, I’m with you mate. Seems a few here (one in particular) are putting shit on Der Geist and it also seems to me that Der Geist has done more research and provided more information (including support) towards AVZ then a few of those who are shitting on him, and again, one in particular who seems to have speculation to spread but no actual facts!! In other news, Blinkin who just visited the DRC isn’t happy about Kabund being arrested and in the east of the country 8 people have been killed during the escape of 800 prisoners with the help of the militia. I’ve had rest from posting info here because of all that’s going on, and I prefer not to post the negatives and to just trust in what Nigel has said and what he is doing, but when you read some of the speculation here you end up having to say something. I did like Winenut’s post last week though, was a good vent and I wanted to tell him if he’s ever in Lake Macquarie NSW, I’ll take him out to the cow paddocks at Martinsville and we’ll get a sack full of blue moonies and goldtops and make ourselves a brew
im in

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Frank

Top 20
@TDITD @MoneyBags1348 this is exactly what this forum is about.

#Discussion with out becoming personal!

#Discussion with out attacking!

Thankyou (y)
You forgot to add,

#Discussion with a touch of "Comic Relief" - It Helps when Life just Blows or you run out of Snacks :ROFLMAO:

Fukitol 1000mg.jpg

Investors are taking a good soak in hot lithium riches

1660196450638.png

think-happy-thoughts.jpg

Writing on the Wall #.jpg

Man Hug.jpg

Funny battery.jpg

#Patience ! .jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Charbella

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

marksmann007

Regular
Reactions: 8 users
Do we open tomorrow and are we positive

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Charbella

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

JAG

Top 20
Thank you Marksmann007!
The meeting was cancelled last week. But 15 ministers? That might be the whole cabinet.
Take what you have heard as a pinch of salt regarding 15 Ministers.

salt salting GIF

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
D

Deleted member 2428

A suspension, extension is imminent 🤫🤷‍♂️🤔 🔜 this shit show will 🔚 Maybe September, maybe October, maybe Xmas 🎅 or even Happy NY 2023, Easter even 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
A suspension, extension is imminent 🤫🤷‍♂️🤔 🔜 this shit show will 🔚 Maybe September, maybe October, maybe Xmas 🎅 or even Happy NY 2023, Easter even 🤞
The annual general meeting will be an interesting one that's for sure. I'll be sure if I can make it to bring some snacks to share around 😏🥜😆

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom