AVZ Discussion 2022

Rediah

Regular

Tesla CEO Elon Musk predicts the EV maker will produce 100 million cars in 10 years​

Video transcript​

BRIAN SOZZI: All right, a Tesla-themed Saturday to kick off the week. 100 million. That's how many cars Elon Musk thinks Tesla will have produced 10 years from now. It's a lofty goal indeed. Musk says, meeting that goal will require 10 to 12 gigafactories cranking out 1 and 1/2 million to 2 million vehicles a year. If you recall, Tesla recently announced it produced its three millionth electric car since its inception back in 2004.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone else seeing lots of spam on $AVZ twitter ?
went onto twitter this morning and there was loads of spam bots with the $AVZ hashtag. Noticed seeing lots more of it over the last week on searches.

Could that be chy-na?
Trump Yelling GIF
Yes, and I have reported every single one of them. I don't know if I can keep up the pace though...

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
1660035926243.png

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
Its Time To Go Goodbye GIF by Saturday Night Live

1660036982216.png

1660037084398.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users

Frank

Top 20
For the DRC stage, the official press release from the Department of State confirmed by the United States Embassy in Kinshasa places this stay within the framework successively “of the holding of free, inclusive and fair elections in 2023”, promotion and respect for “human rights and the protection of fundamental freedoms”, “the fight against corruption”, “support for trade and investment”, the issue of “climate change and support for “regional African efforts to promote peace in eastern DRC and the wider Great Lakes region”.

This for the tip of the iceberg… :oops:

For the non-visible part, there are undoubtedly the economic issues and when it comes to the DRC, probably mining.

This visit by Blinken got me thinken' :unsure:

With Tensions so High in Taiwan because of China losing it's Shit, supposedly over the recent Pelosi visit ffs ! :rolleyes:

Will we see the PLA conducting large-scale military exercises and missile launches, as well as cyber-attacks, disinformation, and economic coercion, in an attempt to weaken public morale in Africa / DRC :unsure:

Or would that be going "Too Far / Not Necessary" because they think they own 15% or more of it anyway :mad:

So what's the big difference between Blinken's Trip to the DRC to discuss holding free, inclusive and fair elections in 2023”, promotion and respect for “human rights and the protection of fundamental freedoms”, "the fight against corruption”, “support for trade and investment”, the issue of “climate change and support for “regional African efforts to promote peace" from Pelosi's Trip to Taipei :unsure:

As,

Tensions high as Taiwan begins live-fire drills and China continues military exercises it started after US speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Taipei last week

China used its military drills last week to prepare for an invasion of Taiwan, and its anger over US speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit was just an excuse, Taiwan’s foreign minister has said.

The minister, Joseph Wu, addressed the media on Tuesday morning, as China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) continued with military exercises it began last week, and Taiwan started its own live-fire drills. Wu accused China of “gross violations of international law”.

“China has used the drills in its military playbook to prepare for the invasion of Taiwan,” he said.

“It is conducting large-scale military exercises and missile launches, as well as cyber-attacks, disinformation, and economic coercion, in an attempt to weaken public morale in Taiwan.”

He said the PLA activities would have taken far longer to prepare than the timeframe of it being a direct response to Pelosi’s visit.

Wu said China’s tactics, including the firing of ballistic missiles, were “clearly trying to deter other countries from interfering in its attempt to invade Taiwan”, and also showed that it had much broader geostrategic intentions.

“China’s real intention is to alter the status quo in the Taiwan Strait and the entire region.”

Beijing has declared ownership of the Taiwan strait, one of the world’s busiest shipping routes, and aims to influence the international community’s freedom of travel, by controlling the stretch of water and linking the Yellow Sea to the South China Sea, he said.

In the past week the PLA has conducted more than 100 sea and air crossings of the median line, an unofficial border between China and Taiwan which until recently both sides had largely respected.

On Tuesday Wu said China has taken “specific action to break the longstanding tacit agreement of the median line”, and would probably now try to “routinise its actions”.

“Its intentions are not likely to end there,” he said, noting the security agreement with Solomon Islands, and China’s influence across the Pacific, south-east Asia, Africa and Latin America.

Last week government websites, convenience stores, and train station signs were targeted by cyber-attacks.

Wu said the varying attacks were traced to China and Russia, across several days.

Overseas cyberattacks were continuing and Taiwan’s authorities remained on “high alert”, Wu said, but Taiwan would not be cowed.

“China’s continued attempt to intimidate Taiwan will not panic us, nor will they defeat us. The values of freedom and democracy cannot be taken away.”

China-Belt-and-Road-Initiative !!! .jpg

#Hmmm.jpg

Food for thought, Or Not :unsure:

Frank (y)

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

CHB

Regular
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

dollas4me

Emerged
Don't Split the Party!
I hear ya, I just like to party at the end of every work day lol, not just on Friday's lol.
Though after some thought (and a few beers) I guess some Lithium mines have quite a lot in
common with some of our other interests:
  • There will never be enough for mankind's needs
  • Hard rock deposits
  • Natural water source for operations is best
  • Safest play is to do some drilling before investing to heavily
  • It is neither about size or quality alone, but a combination of both.
  • Sovereign risk can be a major issue.
  • Stripping ratio should should leave as little behind as possible
  • One must consider both Capex and Opex
  • One must have permits to drill
  • A brief look at assays can be misleading, careful study is required
  • One should never assume a permit covers all holes you have in mind
  • Adjusting the angle of the drill is imperative for hitting the right spot
  • The right machinery can do wonders but must be operated with caution
  • One should take their time with drilling before rushing into reproduction
  • Sometimes it's best to bring a third party on board.
  • Some like to look for a bigger company to take over.
Ill stop there lol, I feel like I could go on forever...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
1660043412710.png

JAG

Top 20
1660043444327.png

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

JAG

Top 20
1660044751145.png

• Fire
  • Wow

Dopi

Hi all,

In the yellow snippet, the IGF conclusions confirms what I thought yesterday, that the 5% to Dathomir from Cominière are definitive because of the contract between Cominière and Dathomir.
The 15% to Zijin are them Null & void because in breach of the law and existing contracts!
To me, it means that IF legal procedures are fair, we should be okay (but at the moment I am having doubts about fairness in DRC).

What I am wondering, is what is the place and power of the IGF in DRC?
I have no knowledge regarding this and I tend to love the IGF as they seem to be supporting us but has anyone any knowledge of their legal weight in DRC? Any story about a past case they brought home? What is their process when charging someone?

Looking forward to your opinions,

Dopi

• Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Charbella

Regular
Hi all,

In the yellow snippet, the IGF conclusions confirms what I thought yesterday, that the 5% to Dathomir from Cominière are definitive because of the contract between Cominière and Dathomir.
The 15% to Zijin are them Null & void because in breach of the law and existing contracts!
To me, it means that IF legal procedures are fair, we should be okay (but at the moment I am having doubts about fairness in DRC).

I have no knowledge regarding this and I tend to love the IGF as they seem to be supporting us but has anyone any knowledge of their legal weight in DRC? Any story about a past case they brought home? What is their process when charging someone?

Dopi

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

JAG

Top 20
Thanks JAG for all the updates from the bird. GLTAH
No worries Sparrow....I generally don't say much as my opinion is mine, the same as my left NUT...just like sharing the info;)

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Charbella

Regular
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/can-blinken-reset-washington’s-relationship-drc-203977

Reactions: 1 users

DoubleA

Regular
Hi all,

Dopi

IGF are the DRC Ombudsman/Auditor and have a fair bit of power and influence.

If you look at what is happening with Gécamines, the President is talking about renegotiating contracts based on IGF findings etc.

Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20

Which commodities won and lost in July?

Lithium

Price (Fastmarkets Lithium Carbonate): US$73,000/t

There’s no accepted spot market for lithium, something that makes the movement of prices from month to month a tough one to quantify.

Fastmarkets, which provides lithium hydroxide pricing for the LME, reckons spot sales of lithium chemicals remain stable at very high levels, fetching in excess of US$70,000/t.

Spodumene producers are still in a purple patch as well.

Pilbara Minerals, which has cultivated the start of a spot market with its Battery Materials Exchange, selling its latest cargo at a hefty price of US$7012/t on a 6% SC basis.

According to long-term industry monitor Battery Minerals Intelligence, prices continue to be heady for the electric vehicle commodity.

“Benchmark recorded an offer in South Korea for battery grade hydroxide at $70,000/tonne (CIF Asia), amid reports spot market pricing outside of China has begun to soften, beginning to erode the significant premium that has developed for international transactions compared to the Chinese domestic market,” they said.

“Nonetheless, contacts reported to Benchmark that small spot market volumes of lithium hydroxide in Europe or North America could fetch nearly $10,000/tonne more than an order for lithium carbonate, amid ongoing concerns over availability, with ex-China hydroxide prices still reaching towards $80,000/tonne (FOB North America).”

*To Remind,

There is no oversupply coming: Cowen​

Lithium stocks suffered an astonishing selldown after major investment bank Goldman Sachs called the top of the battery metals boom in a note last week.

Industry experts aren’t buying it.

Other investment banks aren’t buying it either.

In a note titled “Take Advantage of the Noise” Cowen says lithium stocks prices have been hit by these peer reviews on lithium oversupply and confusion around Argentine transfer taxes — issues that both appear overblown.

“EV driven demand growth cannot be satisfied by li supply in any year in our model, underpinning cash flow growth from volume additions and improved pricing,” Cowen says.

“We model a 19% deficit to demand from 2023-2030.”

While spot pricing may pull back from “breakneck levels” of +$US70k/t in 2023, producer pricing will continue to rise.

It’s important to note that the spot market reflects a very small amount of product. Most lithium is sold via contracts.

Here, if sustainable pricing can be achieved in the mid $US30k range, “the lithium space remains an extremely compelling investment”, Cowen says.

View attachment 13645

View attachment 13644

*To add, fwiw, especially after the Goldman Sucks saga, I see where,

Near-term producers rise as Albemarle confirms lithium shortage for next 7-8 years

Over the past week near term producers Core Lithium, Sayona Mining, Lake Resources, Ioneer, Vulcan Energy and Liontown have all jumped off the back of more news that there’s just not enough lithium around.

US producer Albemarle now says the supply crunch is going to be here until 2030.

“It’s systemic for a pretty long period of time,” CEO Kent Masters told the Financial Times.

“For seven to eight years it stays pretty tight.”

Albemarle also expects to be able to increase its production and turn cash flow positive this year, off the back of continued strength in lithium pricing.

No surprise really, considering the IEA reckons we need about 60 more lithium mines by the end of the decade to meet global decarbonisation and electric vehicle goals.

A solid 70 stocks were in the green, 27 were flat and 34 were red.

Writing on the Wall #.jpg

think-happy-thoughts.jpg

The-future-is-Electric.png

Mining.png

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono (y)

Frank 🤞

Reactions: 15 users

Frank

Top 20
IGF are the DRC Ombudsman/Auditor and have a fair bit of power and influence.

If you look at what is happening with Gécamines, the President is talking about renegotiating contracts based on IGF findings etc.

It also points to "undue benefits" paid to executives and the "payment of exorbitant snacks".

"During the period under review, Gécamines generated 2 billion US dollars in own resources," IGF boss Jules Alingete told AFP.

However, he said, "1.5 billion was used to pay management bonuses and snacks".

WTF !!.jpeg

#Disbelief.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users

John25

Regular
Geez .....@JAG on fire
1660052141420.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users